direstraits

☼ direstraits: Paxil withdrawal

direstraits

hi @Carmie

so wonderful to hear from you!

still having some awful days but better times too.windows and waves,right?

just get so worn down after dealing with this for almost 6 years😞

I've been sleeping much better lately so that's good.

glad to hear you're getting some rain down there....such a tragedy to hear of all the animals lost...breaks my heart.

well, I hope things start to turn around for you this year...you've been through so much

think of you often.

take care.

🤗🤗🤗

Cocopuffz17
On 2/9/2020 at 11:00 AM, direstraits said:

hi @Carmie

so wonderful to hear from you!

still having some awful days but better times too.windows and waves,right?

just get so worn down after dealing with this for almost 6 years😞

I've been sleeping much better lately so that's good.

glad to hear you're getting some rain down there....such a tragedy to hear of all the animals lost...breaks my heart.

well, I hope things start to turn around for you this year...you've been through so much

think of you often.

take care.

🤗🤗🤗

Glad to hear you are getting better sleep. Sleep is huge, when I struggled the most is when my sleep was shorter. All the best in continued healing! 

direstraits
On 2/15/2020 at 7:45 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

Glad to hear you are getting better sleep. Sleep is huge, when I struggled the most is when my sleep was shorter. All the best in continued healing! 

Thanks Cocopuffz!

hope you're doing well..

Cocopuffz17
1 minute ago, direstraits said:

Thanks Cocopuffz!

hope you're doing well..

Hey, last two days kicked my butt with headaches/tinnitus/fatigue. I am feeling way better now. Just a small wave! 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

direstraits
2 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Hey, last two days kicked my butt with headaches/tinnitus/fatigue. I am feeling way better now. Just a small wave! 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

fatigue is one of my worst symptoms....glad you're feeling better.

Cocopuffz17
1 minute ago, direstraits said:

fatigue is one of my worst symptoms....glad you're feeling better.

It will get better. It’s absolutely devastating though. It makes you incapable of doing most things because you have no energy. 

direstraits
5 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

It will get better. It’s absolutely devastating though. It makes you incapable of doing most things because you have no energy. 

yeah, I'm afraid I'll be to old to enjoy anything by the time I recover.😞

Frogie

today marks 15 years since my daughter passed so a difficult day.

I’m so sorry.

You are in my thoughts🙏🏻❤️

Take care,

Frogie xx

direstraits

thanks so much @Frogie ❤️

hope you're doing well..🤗

Frogie
7 minutes ago, direstraits said:

thanks so much @Frogie ❤️

hope you're doing well..🤗

I’m doing ok. For a Xanax taper, lol...

But I’m going to make it. Last med I’ll ever be on😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

direstraits

you will make it!

rooting you on..❤️

take care,ds

Frogie
13 minutes ago, direstraits said:

you will make it!

rooting you on..❤️

take care,ds

Thanks, you’re a great person ❤️

Take care,

Frogie xx

direstraits
3 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thanks, you’re a great person ❤️

Take care,

Frogie xx

so are you,dear.

xx

Flowers

Thinking of you DS and sending much love and hugs.

Flowers xxx

direstraits
4 hours ago, Flowers said:

Thinking of you DS and sending much love and hugs.

Flowers xxx

aw thanks so much Flowers!

miss you on here...how are you?

❤️

direstraits

Hi,everyone

hope you're all coping as best as you can during this difficult time.

thought I'd post an update at 6 years off paxil.

still dealing with WD symptoms such as burning skin,vision problems(besides getting the other cataract removed) anxiety,fatigue getting better, tingling in lower legs,numbness in feet,irritability.

My sleep has been pretty good lately and I'm not waking up in the morning with that awful feeling...not getting that awful inner torture of wanting to jump out of my skin like I was,thank God.

slowly moving in the right direction it seems.

NJ opened state parks on Saturday and my husband and I drove down to Cape May lighthouse and walked on the beach,it was such a beautiful day,we really enjoyed it.

even saw a guy catch a small shark ! 

I really miss having my grandson over and seeing family but we just have to deal with it.

hang in there everybody and stay strong.

love,ds💗🤗

Frogie
13 minutes ago, direstraits said:

Hi,everyone

still dealing with WD symptoms such as burning skin,vision problems(besides getting the other cataract removed) anxiety,fatigue getting better, tingling in lower legs,numbness in feet,irritability.

My sleep has been pretty good lately and I'm not waking up in the morning with that awful feeling...not getting that awful inner torture of wanting to jump out of my skin like I was,thank God.

NJ opened state parks on Saturday and my husband and I drove down to Cape May lighthouse and walked on the beach,it was such a beautiful day,we really enjoyed it.

I really miss having my grandson over and seeing family but we just have to deal with it.

love,ds💗🤗

Hi DS!

Sounds like you might be getting better! What a wonderful thing.

Glad you got to go to the beach. I wish we lived near the ocean, it’s so peaceful. I’ve seen it twice. Once in South Carolina and once in Hawaii.

I know the feeling about not seeing your grandson. I haven’t seen my granddaughter either. But hopefully soon we can see them again. 

Hang in there. It’s going to get better! 

It was good to hear from you. Thanks for the update.

Be safe😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Longroadhome
21 minutes ago, direstraits said:

Hi,everyone

love,ds💗🤗

Hi D 

good to read yr update . 
have your symptoms decreased in severity over the years. 
did you have depression? 
what percentage do you feel you have improved from the beginning to today ? 
I am in the process of tapering Paxil . I’m down to 6mg from 20mg. Hard going but very determined !! 

direstraits
3 hours ago, Frogie said:

Hi DS!

Sounds like you might be getting better! What a wonderful thing.

Glad you got to go to the beach. I wish we lived near the ocean, it’s so peaceful. I’ve seen it twice. Once in South Carolina and once in Hawaii.

I know the feeling about not seeing your grandson. I haven’t seen my granddaughter either. But hopefully soon we can see them again. 

Hang in there. It’s going to get better! 

It was good to hear from you. Thanks for the update.

Be safe😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

thanks for your response,Frogie!

nice to hear from you...how are you?

I see you're a mentor now,that's wonderful!

yeah,I'm surprised I'm coping this well with what's going on in the world.

we're stronger than we think I guess.

wow you went to Hawaii,that sounds nice.lucky you.

yes it will get better,we have to believe that..NJ's been hit hard mostly up north,I'm in south jersey but it's still scary as hell.😟

well,take care and stay safe.

Love,ds💗

Frogie
Just now, direstraits said:

thanks for your response,Frogie!

nice to hear from you...how are you?

I see you're a mentor now,that's wonderful!

yeah,I'm surprised I'm coping this well with what's going on in the world.

we're stronger than we think I guess.

wow you went to Hawaii,that sounds nice.lucky you.

yes it will get better,we have to believe that..NJ's been hit hard mostly up north,I'm in south jersey but it's still scary as hell.😟

well,take care and stay safe.

Love,ds💗

Hi!

I’m doing ok, just going through my Xanax taper still. 

It was an honor to become a Mentor. I just started last week. I’m really looking forward to learning from everyone’s experiences, just as I always have. This is a wonderful site and super people that truly care about each other.

I went to Hawaii in 2010. It was beautiful. So laid back and so peaceful. We found a couple secluded beaches that were awesome!

This is a scary time. In Colorado, I live in a county that is the 3rd highest hit. We have meat packing plants and nursing homes that were hit hard. I went to the store Saturday and people were just crazy. No masks or social distancing. I got in, got my 5 items and got out. Otherwise we do curbside pickup or order online and have it delivered. But the state is opening back up, makes me a little nervous. I think I’ll just wait to go shopping for a while. I need a haircut badly, but I’m not even going there right now lol...

We are pretty strong to go through what we’ve gone through and “muster” through this. We will make it! I have a lot of faith in all of us.

I’m really glad you are doing better. You sound a lot happier. That’s awesome 😊

Now just to be able to hold out a little longer to hug our grandkids, but we will. I still have her Easter basket sitting here😞

You stay safe and continue to be well💐

Take care,

Frogie xx

direstraits
3 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

Hi D 

good to read yr update . 
have your symptoms decreased in severity over the years. 
did you have depression? 
what percentage do you feel you have improved from the beginning to today ? 
I am in the process of tapering Paxil . I’m down to 6mg from 20mg. Hard going but very determined !! 

HI Lrh

thanks for your post.

yes ,the symptoms have decreased in severity for the most part...still get some nasty waves but don't seem to last as long.

I had some terrible depression early on but that's the one thing that has really improved...I hardly ever feel depressed anymore.🙂

It's hard to say a percentage but I definitely see much improvement from the beginning, but I still have a ways to go.

I came off paxil in only about 5 weeks so practically CT.

at least you're tapering so you'll probably have a n easier time(I hope! )

hang in there and take care.

ds

direstraits

thanks, @Frogie

people can be pretty ignorant or just crazy..I heard a security guard in Flint, MI. was shot and killed after he told someone they needed to wear a mask...NUTS!

my husband is still working at auto parts store...I worry but he's being very careful,wearing a mask and washes his hands frequently.

we're 65 and 66 and in good health but you still worry...hard not to.

hope you get through the Xanax taper ok.

yes we're a strong bunch and we'll make it through this!

take care, dear Frogie

xx

Frogie
3 minutes ago, direstraits said:

thanks, @Frogie

people can be pretty ignorant or just crazy..I heard a security guard in Flint, MI. was shot and killed after he told someone they needed to wear a mask...NUTS!

my husband is still working at auto parts store...I worry but he's being very careful,wearing a mask and washes his hands frequently.

we're 65 and 66 and in good health but you still worry...hard not to.

hope you get through the Xanax taper ok.

yes we're a strong bunch and we'll make it through this!

take care, dear Frogie

xx

Wow!

Hadn’t heard about the security guard. That is nuts! But I try to only look at online news twice a day and try to limit myself to 15 minutes or so.

My “hubby” just went back to work last week. He’s a master electrician and was furloughed March 17. He has disposable masks (that for some reason we kept from a bathroom remodel) and some his sister in law sent us and I made a couple, some hand sanitizer I was able to find. I was lucky to find 1 bottle of alcohol and we had some aloe vera from last summer. We had 1/2 can of Lysol under the sink. His sister was lucky to find a pack of disinfectant wipes and shared with the family. I think he is going to be ok. He’s very careful.

I wrote a little blurb about what’s been going on with me on by benzo thread. But, all in all, I’m doing ok. We are all healthy and staying strong!

We will all make it through this. And come out stronger than ever.😊

You stay safe. I’m very glad you are doing so well. You deserve it after all this time🌻

Great to hear from you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

direstraits
3 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Wow!

Hadn’t heard about the security guard. That is nuts! But I try to only look at online news twice a day and try to limit myself to 15 minutes or so.

My “hubby” just went back to work last week. He’s a master electrician and was furloughed March 17. He has disposable masks (that for some reason we kept from a bathroom remodel) and some his sister in law sent us and I made a couple, some hand sanitizer I was able to find. I was lucky to find 1 bottle of alcohol and we had some aloe vera from last summer. We had 1/2 can of Lysol under the sink. His sister was lucky to find a pack of disinfectant wipes and shared with the family. I think he is going to be ok. He’s very careful.

I wrote a little blurb about what’s been going on with me on by benzo thread. But, all in all, I’m doing ok. We are all healthy and staying strong!

We will all make it through this. And come out stronger than ever.😊

You stay safe. I’m very glad you are doing so well. You deserve it after all this time🌻

Great to hear from you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

💗💗🤗🤗

Longroadhome

Hi @direstraits

how are you doing ? 
your posts show you are making good steady progress 

it’s good to see as being on Paxil myself you give me hope 

take care 😊 

direstraits
On 7/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, Longroadhome said:

Hi @direstraits

how are you doing ? 
your posts show you are making good steady progress 

it’s good to see as being on Paxil myself you give me hope 

take care 😊 

thanks for your concern,Lrh...I seem to be going in the right direction, still have my moments but overall think I'm getting better.

getting my other cataract removed next Wed. so hope to see improvement after that.

actually,I'm surprised I'm doing as well as I am with all the insanity going on in our country...just want to see this madman voted out in Nov.

He's torn the country apart and it's getting crazier every day. 

glad I can give you hope....just keep hanging in there and never give up!

ds 💗

Longroadhome

@direstraits

have you had many windows along the way from what I read on your thread you haven’t ? As in have you followed the windows and waves pattern 
Ps I think you are very brave and courageous you have had a long and protracted recovery and you are winning through well done 👍 

good luck with the cataract surgery I had my left eye done 5 years ago 

what a difference !! 

wantrelief
4 hours ago, direstraits said:

I seem to be going in the right direction, still have my moments but overall think I'm getting better.

This is great news, DS - I am really happy to hear that you are feeling better!!

just want to see this madman voted out in Nov.

He's torn the country apart and it's getting crazier every day. 

This is such a crazy time.  Everyday I think it can't get worse but then it does.  🙁  

glad I can give you hope....just keep hanging in there and never give up!

You have given me hope - thank you and thank you for the encouraging message.

Good luck with the cataract surgery - really hoping you experience even more improvement afterwards!

direstraits
22 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

@direstraits

have you had many windows along the way from what I read on your thread you haven’t ? As in have you followed the windows and waves pattern 
Ps I think you are very brave and courageous you have had a long and protracted recovery and you are winning through well done 👍 

good luck with the cataract surgery I had my left eye done 5 years ago 

what a difference !! 

I've had many windows along the way but even then I never felt totally "normal" . 

thanks for the encouraging words,I really appreciate it.🙂

yes, what a difference! looking forward to better days.

hope you're coping OK.

take care,ds

direstraits

thanks for your kind words, @wantrelief and well wishes.💗

hope you're doing OK.

Take care,ds