direstraits

direstraits: Paxil withdrawal

direstraits

I'm glad you slept better-that's great

I guess I should be grateful for sleep-many can't

I'm just afraid that I'll never beat this depression without meds-but I'm afraid to take them now,too

direstraits

just feel like I'm never gonna get better

I'm almost 11 mos. off-shouldn't I be getting better?

I've never felt like this in mylife-hard to describe-on edge & tired-don't care if I eat or not-this is no way to live

feeling pretty desperate-God help me :(

luv2knit

Understand, ds. Sorry you're suffering. Praying you get some relief soon. (((Hugs)))

Pugknows

((((DS)))) So sorry you're still feeling sick. Look back over the last 11 mos. and take heart in how much better you feel today than 6mos. ago. Then, although you're not where you want to be today, you'll realize you are healing and will keep improving. That's what I'm trying to do.

direstraits

thanks,guys for your caring words-I know you're suffering ,too

kind of lost it this morning,called hubby at work crying,then called friend to tell her I wasn't up to going to museum w/her-broke down,pouring my heart out-she encouraged me to call dr. to get referral for therapist-going tues.-hope I can get help-can't go onlike this

thinking of you all

Pugknows

((((Hugs DS))))

direstraits

thanks Pug (((hugs)))

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

DS,

You are in the hardest part of this recovery period and it seems never ending. But I can say for a fact that it is not. Even though I still feel bad, some days are a tiny bit different from others. And I did have a feeling good period just a few months ago. So maybe you can get your concerns talked out with the therapist and gather strength to keep going.

It never stays bad for a long time, it really does change. You just can't see it while it is happening. I'll give you a bit of an example:

Last year when I was in acute withdrawal. whenever it was the least bit cloudy or rainy outside I would be filled with dread and panic. It was all I could do to get through those days. I had to keep all the blinds closed and make sure I did not look outside.

Today it is thundering a bit and it has rained off an on. I can look out at the dim afternoon light and feel a bit comforted. I have a light on and it is only raining gently. I don't feel that irrational panic. Hard to believe that was less than a year ago I felt like that.

So sometimes just thinking a bit backwards at how bad it was at one point allows me to see there is a little bit of progress. Not steady but there nonetheless. I am here on the other side of the screen, silently cheering you on.

direstraits

thanks so much,CW-your words mean so much to me

I just get so overwhelmed by my life,sometimes-plus the WD symptoms -its abad combination

the weather is supposed to improve soon,so that's something to look forward to

good to know that people care

hope you keep improving

Pugknows

((((DS)))) Hang in there, sweetheart. We're all with you. This is such a horrible experience for us, but it IS temporary. We will be long gone from this forum one day, but we will never forget each other and all the love and support we got during the worst time in our lives. You'll make it to the other side, DS. Just BELIEVE.

direstraits

thanks Pug :wub:

you're such a caring,supportive soul,even tho you suffer so much

God bless you

Pugknows

((((DS)))) I care about you. You have held me up too. Love you.

direstraits

just got so frustrated with the laptop not working right I threw it on the floor-thank God,I didn't break it :blush:

then I started screaming at the top of my lungs-geez,what is happening to me?is it a nervous breakdown?

I think my depression has lifted a bit tho :unsure: God help us!

luv2knit

Hmmm... Sounds like something I would do. Glad your depression has lifted a bit, though. (((Hugs)))

direstraits

depression bad today-going to dr. tomorrow-how doI keep from getting put on meds. again-don't know what to do anymore -is this WD or is it me

luv2knit

Hope your doctor's appointment goes well, ds. I know it is difficult to have to "pretend" to get through it!

direstraits

thanks,Luv-hope you're doing OK

direstraits

well,just got back from dr appt.-O-M-G-unbeLIEVABLE

I couldn't get a word in edge wise-had alist of my WD symptoms -she wasn't interested

all she cared about was getting me back on meds.& to a psych.

when I mentioned about WD symptoms,shesaid they only last A FEW DAYS then you get a return of your "illness"

even my husband couldn't believe what he was hearing!

sooo...now I have a script for Prozac 10 mgs.-now what do I do? I thought if I could take a small amt. then taper slowly from that-is it too late?-any thoughts? I am suffering alot

luv2knit

OMGosh! This is why I haven't told my doctor I am off--even though my prior condition was Chronic Fatigue! Hopefully a mod will advise you!

coldturkmama

when I told my dr about the WD she was shocked my previous Dr hadn't told me about tapering, and said how horrible AD withdrawal is, and long. I'm sorry she was such a jerk to you.

LoveandLight

So sorry. ((((Dire straits)))) xxx

luv2knit

(((ds))) Thinking of you!

direstraits

thanks,Luv -appreciate it

sorry you haven't been feeling well,hope you feel better soon

luv2knit

Thank you! Hope you're hanging in there!

direstraits

I'm trying,fighting awful depression atm-just wish it would lift a bit

so tempted to try the meds. again :(-but scared.

how are you?

direstraits

somebody must have heard me...suddenly I just started feeling better :)

hang in there everyone...you never know when things will turn around

luv2knit

Yay!! So glad you've had a glimpse of daylight!!

direstraits

thanks,Luv-me,too!

direstraits

went into a tailspin last night after watching my grandson, who I love dearly,but can be stressful looking after a3 yr old :unsure:

spent the day in awful depression after feeling so good for awhile -hoping for abetter tomorrow

LoveandLight

Hope it is better for you tomorow x

direstraits

thanks Love-appreciate it

hope you're OK

luv2knit

Praying you bounce back quickly. Our nervous systems are so fragile. It doesn't take much, does it?!

direstraits

thanks,luv

you got that right! don't know how we'll feel from one minute to the next :(

direstraits

I felt good yesterday but today has been hell-I just don't understand this -will I get better-is it WD or relapse

this is the worst depression -do I take the Prozac-somebody tell me what to do please

luv2knit

I hope a mod will weigh in here, but my personal opinion only is do not take the Prozac. You are healing. You are in a windows and waves pattern of recovery. I am afraid the Prozac will set you back. The depression is withdrawal! PM a mod, or whatever, but please give this careful thought!! (((Hugs)))

direstraits

thanksfor your reply,luv-I guess it is WD-I didn't have depression this bad before I started this cr*p

I just don't know how much more I can take-I know you're probably suffering more than I am and I'm so sorry

what have we done to deserve this-praying we all get relief soon-(((luv)))