Geminigirl: Hope for Healing

geminigirl

I am also sweating and not able to think.

2010 started 10 mg celexa, 2011 went up to 20 mg

06/2014 started tapering (20 mg,10 mg alternate days)

19/09/2014 crashed at 10 mg

20/09/2014 updosed to 20 mg to try and stabilize- Never stabilized and CNS basically plummeted

August 31 2015- Started my 5% taper anyways

May 3 2016- At 14 mg the tapering caught up with me- Withdrawal included severe anxiety, feeling like im on speed, suicidal and homicidal ideation, akathesia, feeling like I was on heroin, memory loss, PGAD, feeling like I was on an acid

May 4 2016- Updosed to 15.5 mg to try and stabilize

​June 4- Started taking 2 mg 5 times a day which adds up to 10 mg because of akathesia when taking my full dose. Akathesia symtpoms smaller

July 27th- Dropped from 15.5 mg to 10 mg because could no longer tolerate taking drug- bad side effects mainly akathesia and emotional deadness.

​Oct 11- Improved a lot since May 4th after my crash. Withdrawal symptoms still left- DR/DP, emotional anasthesia, akathesia, tingling in head, feeling like my body and face disappears, messed up sound interpretation, perception and difficulty reading social and emotional cues during DR/DP, apathy, inability to tell if I am in dream or reality, disturbed sleep. Started having few windows

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geminigirl

• Altostrata

• LexAnger

• brassmonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

How are you feeling today? Have things settled at all?

xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

As of right now, not really.

Before the drugs, I would have massive panic attacks, but while on the drugs I never had them.

I forgot what it was like to feel any anxiety really.

Now, getting tapering off them, it's like I feel I have been asleep for 6 years. I am currently in a spell where it seems the drug is making my emotions go up and down.

I am also unable to think rationally. I feel scared when these feelings comes up. It feels like I am on some street drug, like speed or something, and yet, there is nothing I can do to stop it.

20/09/2014 updosed to 20 mg to try and stabilize- Never stabilized and CNS basically plummeted

May 3 2016- At 14 mg the tapering caught up with me- Withdrawal included severe anxiety, feeling like im on speed, suicidal and homicidal ideation, akathesia, feeling like I was on heroin, memory loss, PGAD, feeling like I was on an acid

​June 4- Started taking 2 mg 5 times a day which adds up to 10 mg because of akathesia when taking my full dose. Akathesia symtpoms smaller

July 27th- Dropped from 15.5 mg to 10 mg because could no longer tolerate taking drug- bad side effects mainly akathesia and emotional deadness.

​Oct 11- Improved a lot since May 4th after my crash. Withdrawal symptoms still left- DR/DP, emotional anasthesia, akathesia, tingling in head, feeling like my body and face disappears, messed up sound interpretation, perception and difficulty reading social and emotional cues during DR/DP, apathy, inability to tell if I am in dream or reality, disturbed sleep. Started having few windows

I feel the neuroemotions and inability to think rationally are the two scariest things.

I also don't have much support currently, which I think makes it worse.

• Moderator Emeritus

At those times, connecting in with something real can help.  Like going outside and standing on the ground, looking at it, smelling the smells that are around you, feeling the wind or sun on your face.  Even say to yourself all the things you can see.  Well, it has helped me sometimes, so it may be worth a shot. 

Another strategy I used in my darkest times was just sitting down, putting my hands on my thighs and saying 'here I am ... sitting here ... safely in my own skin ...' in order to notice the physical side of me more than the emotional side. 

Or lying down and putting your legs up the wall and having a big sigh.  It's very calming. 

Sipping water, splashing your face with water, putting your feet in a sink of lovely hot water.  Anything to move you out of the spiraling neuro-emotions and into your body or surroundings.

When did you make your last drop?  (Could you update your signature? Thanks).

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Hi Guys,

I am still not doing good.

I am have inner agitation, feeling not like myself, elevated heart rate, and just feeling more fear than usual.

I am worried this is kind of dangerous for me as I am already a scaredy cat and don't have much support in my life.

The only person I am very attached to is my therapist and I only see him once a week.

My birth family is not supportive at all nor my younger sister, as she is only 17.

If anybody is in Vancouver that would like to get together and support each other, that would be awesome.

• Moderator Emeritus

Being alone can be frightening.  It would be very useful to know the details of when your last couple of  drops were, and how much they were

It helps us to see what is going on, and whether a hold might be useful or some other approach. 

How is your sleeping?

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually doing very well this morning. I feel a lot like my former self, in that I "feel" more, I feel my body more and don't feel as much like I am in a dream. I still have this inner buzzing though which is kind of annoying, like a feeling as if I am high, which isn't bad, just kind of unnatural. I feel part of the world again, like emotionally speaking and physically, like not in the dream as much which is good.

This latest drop really scared me though because I almost had a panic attack and fainted. I was worried about having these emotional symptoms, but currently they are manageable. It's just scary how suddenly and unexpectedly they come about, like with every drop you never know what will happen.

I feel like I have now had a bit of PTSD by being on this drug and tapering because I never knew this drug was like mdma, cocaine, or heroin. Like my "doctor" never told me it was like an actual drug that messes your head up. The thing is, I can't take back the past, and the only thing we can do is learn from our mistakes. I now know that this drug has a hold on me based my recent withdrawal symptoms and I am a drug addict, in a sense that I need my drug to function. I see that now and it's sad. I am only at 14.70 mg, down from 20 mg, so I have no idea how in the world I can get down to 0. I am honestly super scared now of tapering.

My biggest fear are the homicidal and suicidal thoughts, which I felt were almost going to rise up unless I really did my CBT work. I already had suicidal thoughts before this drug, but I think what this drug does is decrease your ability to reason, so if a thought comes up, it's harder to say this is just a thought because it feels so compelling. That feels very scary to me, but at the same time, I know, no matter what, I will never give up on life and will never give up on life just cuz of a stupid drug that a stupid ignorant and heartless person gave me. I just will not. I will not die because of any harm done to me by man, and I have already had a lot of trauma before this drug.

The reason why is because no person is my god, and they cannot seal my fate. Even a stupid doctor that gives me poison. Imagine on your death bed and being like, ya im going to give up this beautiful life, and all my potential and love for the world just because of a stupid drug with some temporary side effects (even if it is 2/3 years).

There is nobody or nothing you should lay your will to survive down for. Nobody. The reason is because there is something in each and every one of us that really wants to live and be happy, and really flourish and take the world or life by storm.

We must all fight for our freedom and happiness, and I mean not fight as in an external fight, but it is an internal fight that is then carried out into the external dimension.

I actually felt today very scared because of these withdrawals and knowing the drug messed me up. I was thinking of giving up. Then there was something inside of me that said, you will not die. I don't want you to ever die before you have accomplished what it is you want to accomplish (mainly to realize myself as love itself) and then love others.

In a strange way, I felt like I really understood the meaning of life and also felt inside the feeling that I really will die one day. And we never know whether that day will be tomorrow or 80 years from now. We just don't know.

So, I feel like what my heart was saying as I was feeling myself get closer to death, is it was telling me the meaning of my life, which was a beautiful precious thing.

It was telling me, this voice inside, that I will only let you go Yana if you realize yourself, and until then, you will not die, I don't care how many drugs you are on or how many people try to hurt you.

And let me stress that this voice wasn't saying "fight the doctors or psychiatrists" although that is part of it, but a bigger goal, to actualize my potential. In a scary and strange way I felt the closer I was to death, the more real I become and happy.

Strange hey?

Anyways,

I am sending out hugs to all you people, my fellow friends.

Love,

Yana

Bad news.

Today I felt like I was legitimately on speed and had racing heart and dry mouth.

Should I updose to my last dose that I felt good at? This week has been horrible/scary.

Hi Guys,

I realized I cant do tapering right now in my life.

This current scare has been awful.

I am also a very sensitive person in general, so any changes to my system really scare the **** out of me.

I was worried I would commit suicide.

I am now going to go back up to the dose that I felt okay at and stay there. I hope it will make me better.

If not, I will updose again.

I have only been on 14.70 mg for a week, so hopefully updosing will help me feel better.

I am not ready to do this yet. I did not realize how horrific withdrawal can be and distruptive to my daily functioning. I also have a tendency for negative thinking and the withdrawal amplifies it as well it makes it harder for me to think.

I know my brain has been changed by these drugs, but I am just too fragile in my life now to experience this bad withdrawal.

I am more sensitive even than most people I know (I was put in a nursery for many hours if not days as a baby and that made me very fragile as an adult- I also never bonded with my mother, so as a baby I got overly stimulated and stressed out much more than other babies because my parents never were able to know what I needed)

For me, being given the meds was a huge mistake because I am one of those people who's CNS is already fragile, and I already had suicidal feelings before the meds, so I feel these meds just amplify it and also make it harder for me to think which is essential because I am in life saving therapy currently.)

I am praying to god I can stabilize once I updose. If not, I don't know what I will do. I am worried I may harm myself or end it all.

In a way, I feel this situation is tragic because I am very badly equipped to deal with withdrawal let alone life in general at times.

If someone could please reply I would appreciate it.

Thanks

• Moderator Emeritus

You may not need to go right back to the last stable dose as it may be too high, after your system has adjusted somewhat to lower doses.

Was your last stable dose the amount you were on before the drop to 14.70?  How much was that?  And how long were you on that dose for?  (Ie have you been doing 5% drops monthly, or faster than that?)

I know it's really frightening.  Lets try to find you the right dose before you make any changes.

Hugs,

Karen

8 month hold.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I feel so incredibly scared. I really do.

I have always reacted so badly to drugs, and I need my mind to be 100% clear because I am already prone to depression and suicidal thinking irrelevant of the drugs.

I was on 15.485 before the drop. I was on it I think for 6 weeks or even 2 months.

If I go back on it, will it make me feel better?

I am desperate.

My biggest fears are the neuro emotions.

• Moderator Emeritus

In your sig it looks like you dropped to 14.7 on May 3rd, so one week ago, and considering 15.485 was your last stable dose then it does make sense to up-dose to that if you are not coping with this latest drop. 

Is there anything in your life that may have added stresses to worsen this last drop?  Other medications that may not be on your sig.?  How are you sleeping? 

I can't guarantee it will make you feel better.  You'll need to give it at least 4-7 days to 'kick in' and so stepping up your self-care sooner rather than later is just as important as making a dose change. 

You may be a person (like me, sensitive) who does better with micro-tapering. 

8 month hold.

I am extremely sensitive Karen, but more so, I am going through a type of therapy which is very stressful on me and changes my personality almost, so it is very dangerous for me at this point to withdraw my meds any more.

I will updose and see how I feel.

Most importantly, I want my ability to think clearly back and also not to feel all this anxiety and stress.

In a strange way, I think the meds helped me in that they reduced my anxiety and stress, although they did make me feel more numb.  As I taper, everything feels a bit too real for me and I don't like that. Like it is just too much. I don't know if it's the withdrawal too though.

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, let us know how it goes.  That therapy sounds pretty intense - are you still okay with it?

8 month hold.

Ya, it's called primal therapy.

I am in the process of letting my therapist/mom into my heart and it's been very difficult on me.

I need to have my mind working clearly because if I don't I forget he exists, and then I feel all alone.

Hence, I need to get out of withdrawal fast.

I don't have much support in my life either right now. I can't afford to be sick.

Hi Guys,

Just another update.

I am feeling a lot better now. I feel more drowsy/numb like before the last taper, but I will take this any day compared to the recent withdrawal.

All day I had feelings of dread, racing heart, as well as a feeling like I am on speed.

I am still in therapy for an attachment disorder I have which is quite serious, so I need to keep going to therapy, and the therapy itself is stressful cuz I have to let my therapist into my heart and it is very scary.

For now I am not tapering. I first need to sort out my original issue as to why I went on the antidepressants in the first place, then I can taper.

I feel slightly traumatized due to this recent taper because I felt so scared and like everything was happening to fast.

I am already prone to anxiety and panic attacks, so it is dangerous for me to taper now.

My still inability to attach to people and feel people close to me as well as having a partner also contributed to making the withdrawal that much worse.

I was not prepared for it at all. I realize you have to be extremely emotionally prepared for the withdrawal in order to proceed with it including having a support group and most importantly I think a partner by your side to be there with you, which I don't yet have.

The SCARIEST thing about withdrawal is that your ability to think goes out the window, and to be there for yourself.

That is very scary for me.

• Moderator Emeritus

We understand.  It's good that you've recognised what you need in order to be able to taper, and it's good you are making decisions which keep you safe.  You're a very precious person and you deserve good care.

8 month hold.

Hi guys,

could someone please help me?

I am going through bad withdrawal again. I feel my nervous system is ramped up and jacked up, like I can't sleep, heart beating fast, shaking, etc.

This is torture.

Suicide is not an option, I have too much to lose.

Need support asap please.

I have updosed to the last dose I felt okay at. How long will it take for me to go back to normal?

helllp

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say I feel a tiny bit better, especially after my walk in the sun.

I feel overly excited still and can't sleep. I am also having increased anxiety and heart beating too fast.

Like I mentioned before, I dropped my dose from around 15.3 to 14.7 and now withdrawal hit me. It was worse yesterday. I reinstated 15.3 mg so I am feeling slightly better, but I am still worried about my beating heart and too much excitement that makes it hard to sleep.

Does anybody know how long this will last? Like usually after how many days after a recent taper or up dose do you feel better?

I feel like I am in a bit of a rollercoaster ride with these meds right now...Like I have to grip on something to be okay, although doing that amplifies the withdrawal as I am believing in the fear.

Let me know your thoughts/advice.

Thank you,

Yana

Hi GG,

Just wanted to say hello and you're not alone. I understand what you're going through and feel your pain.

Hang in there, one of the mods will be along to help you ok?

Hugs,

JC x

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Ok.

I just feel really horrible.

I can't sleep which makes everything seem worse.

I am hoping to updose and then stabilize with the updose.

How long does it take to stabilize?

Hi Gemini--  I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a bad reaction to your last drop.  Hopefully the updose will help. Any change in dose takes a minimum of four days to become steady state in the blood.  During that time symptoms can be all over the place while your brain tries to sort out the changes.  Once things are steady state it can take several weeks for things to settle out.  It is a very slow frustrating process.  The big thing is to not let every little fluctuation in emotions upset you, adding secondary fear and anxiety is the worst thing you can do.  I understand that you're doing some very intense therapy which is adding to the distress, but we have very little control over what happens in WD and can only roll with it as best as we can.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hey Brass,

Just wanted to say that I am so very thankful for your words.

Because I know you a bit more (chatting to you on here) your support is so encouraging and means so much.

I honestly thank you.

I feel the most important thing for me right now is to know people are here for me.

I often feel quite alone, and the way I usually feel not alone is using my brain to help me feel close to others, but it currently isn't working, or less so.

I am praying to god that the up dose after 4 days will help and I can finally sleep and not have a high heart rate. I am also hoping your words will be true for me, that I will feel better in a few weeks.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hi Guys,

Still not doing well, this recent taper really f****d me up good.

I have not been able to sleep, and have had huge anxiety surges and horror surges. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster of emotions which feels very traumatizing in a way. When I try to relax, it seems the anxiety hits me hardest.

I am praying and hoping to god my updose will work within a few days.

How long will this roller coaster last?

Edited by brassmonkey
Cleaned up language

Do you guys think I can stabilize If I updose and stay at that updose for a while?

I need my brain and body back, I can't live like this.

Thanks.

• Moderator Emeritus

Do you guys think I can stabilize If I updose and stay at that updose for a while?

Yes.  Keeping stable is the key - no more random or fast changes.  Giving yourself stable, steady care will do you so much good. 

Do you have some practices that help with keeping calm?  Especially to get you through the next 4 or so days while things settle.  It's going to be okay Gemini, it's hard and it takes time, but you will get through this.

Hugs from me too,

Karen

8 month hold.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the support.

Oh my dear god.

I just want to say.

It is SUCH a tragedy I have missed out on like 6+ years of life due to these drugs.

I have been kind of "waking up" and it feels really good. I still feel like I have some mania and I still can't eat much and have insomnia but I am feeling at least more alive now, like thinks seem real again albeit overstimulated. I know this is not me though, the mania and insomnia.

I now know why I have barely made any friends these past 6 years and have been feeling so not there. Like literally, I feel like I was not there AT ALL. It was getting worse too I think in year 6/7.

I am feeling more alive now, but then I also feel this mania which I know is superficial.

Is mania followed by a huge depression?

I am planning on staying with my current dose to stabilize fully, but ya I have no idea when I will be able to start eating and sleeping. I feel much too reved up.

It's also no wonder that I have not been feeling connected or caring about the world at all the past 7 years. I didn't even care about bf's, etc. I just lost that zest for life.

It would be such a miracle to get this back and feel normal again, even if I have some physical symptoms.

Honestly, like I dunno what to say about that. I feel somewhat in shock, now all this feeling of aliveness is coming back and I had missed it for so so long. I forgot what it was like. Because I have also been doing a lot of therapy these past 4 years, I have also become much more in touch with my inner child but she was burried beneath the drugs. 

I want to be free sooooo bad of all this ****. I really really really do. I deserve happiness and peace, I have suffered too much already.

I still don't have a full range of emotions yet.

I feel like I can connect a tiny bit more to others which is awesome. I missed that. Other people felt like zombies just like me.

Can anybody tell me when the mania will go away and I can sleep again or will that take a while?

Thanks

When will I be able to sleep?

I am thinking of getting some melatonin.

GeminiGirl.   Can I ask how long it's been since you slept ?   How long have you been feeling manic ?  How are you tapering ?  What method and how much ?  Are you still on 14 .7 mg ?

May 9 - you said you were feeling good , but like you were on speed .

How long have you felt like that ?  Is this a new symptom ?

I know it's a lot of questions , but it could help to work out what is going on with you , right now .

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014