Geminigirl: Hope for Healing

geminigirl

It's been 2 days since I slept. I have been feeling over excited for the past 2 days hence not being able to sleep.

I am tapering by 5%. I stopped tapering and currently am just stabilizing on 15.30 mg, I updosed two days ago.

I am having all kinds of weird symptoms but mainly just over excitability right now, like inner excitement/adrenalin or something, hence not being able to sleep.

Like it's as if my brain doesn't know how to sleep anymore.

How long will this last?

2010 started 10 mg celexa, 2011 went up to 20 mg

06/2014 started tapering (20 mg,10 mg alternate days)

19/09/2014 crashed at 10 mg

20/09/2014 updosed to 20 mg to try and stabilize- Never stabilized and CNS basically plummeted

August 31 2015- Started my 5% taper anyways

May 3 2016- At 14 mg the tapering caught up with me- Withdrawal included severe anxiety, feeling like im on speed, suicidal and homicidal ideation, akathesia, feeling like I was on heroin, memory loss, PGAD, feeling like I was on an acid

May 4 2016- Updosed to 15.5 mg to try and stabilize

​June 4- Started taking 2 mg 5 times a day which adds up to 10 mg because of akathesia when taking my full dose. Akathesia symtpoms smaller

July 27th- Dropped from 15.5 mg to 10 mg because could no longer tolerate taking drug- bad side effects mainly akathesia and emotional deadness.

​Oct 11- Improved a lot since May 4th after my crash. Withdrawal symptoms still left- DR/DP, emotional anasthesia, akathesia, tingling in head, feeling like my body and face disappears, messed up sound interpretation, perception and difficulty reading social and emotional cues during DR/DP, apathy, inability to tell if I am in dream or reality, disturbed sleep. Started having few windows

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geminigirl

• Altostrata

• LexAnger

• brassmonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

GeminiGirl .  I honestly don't know . No one does. I have had ongoing sleep issues for nearly 2 years. I can empathize with your situation.If you are tapering by 5 %  and then stabilizing for a couple of months, then that is all you can do right now . Stability is " key " .

What have you tried in the way of natural sleep coping strategies ? Have a read of  these links :  There are some great strategies there for sleep . If you can just find one thing that helps, it can make all the difference to your sleep pattern . 

Sleep problems - that awful withdrawal insomnia

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have withdrawal insomnia

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi guys

I am not doing well.

I am going through really bad panic and anxiety, ringing in ears and just like my brain has been hijacked by withdrawal or whatever this is.

It is extremely frightening.

I can't sleep and don't know when this will end.

I just want my other brain back.

I feel like I am on a roller coaster ride. I would like some sleep as a relief but can't get any.

How long will this last?

20/09/2014 updosed to 20 mg to try and stabilize- Never stabilized and CNS basically plummeted

May 3 2016- At 14 mg the tapering caught up with me- Withdrawal included severe anxiety, feeling like im on speed, suicidal and homicidal ideation, akathesia, feeling like I was on heroin, memory loss, PGAD, feeling like I was on an acid

​June 4- Started taking 2 mg 5 times a day which adds up to 10 mg because of akathesia when taking my full dose. Akathesia symtpoms smaller

July 27th- Dropped from 15.5 mg to 10 mg because could no longer tolerate taking drug- bad side effects mainly akathesia and emotional deadness.

​Oct 11- Improved a lot since May 4th after my crash. Withdrawal symptoms still left- DR/DP, emotional anasthesia, akathesia, tingling in head, feeling like my body and face disappears, messed up sound interpretation, perception and difficulty reading social and emotional cues during DR/DP, apathy, inability to tell if I am in dream or reality, disturbed sleep. Started having few windows

I am wondering if I should reinstate at a higher dose or should I just wait it out and see if I can stabilize on 15.30 mg?

Thanks

Gemini.  . No one knows how long it will take . It will be different for everyone . . It is an individual thing .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

I cannot take this this hyperactive CNS. It's killing me

I feel like I am on a hellish rollercoaster. Up and down....

People have gone through this right?

Hi Alto-

This question is for you or any other experienced mod.

I think I may have a reason as why I crashed recently. 

The way I was taking my meds is by putting 20 ml of water in a plasic little bottle, and then putting my 20 mg tablet inside.

I would then take out the needed dose via an oral syringe.

The reason I crashed I realized is because I noticed that inside the plastic little bottle where I put the meds, there was some white residue left over. I guess that was left over meds that had stuck to the bottle. :S 

The other reason is because I was using pretty warm to even slightly hot water sometimes because I wanted to dissolve all of the particles of the pill, but someone said apparently that you can't dissolve all of the pill since some of it has fillers which are insoluble. 

My question is a) is this why I crashed? and B) how many minutes am I supposed to wait to dissolve the tablet, and is it ok if some particles are still left undissolved? I was assuming those particles were the celexa meds, so I wanted it to be all dissolved so I used slightly more than warm water, which may or may not have damaged the meds.

Thank you,

Yana

• Administrator

Lukewarm water shouldn't be a problem. Heat will destroy active ingredients.

You need to shake your suspension to get it all distributed equally in the liquid, then draw from the middle of the liquid.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2693-how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/

That thread has lots of info about making and using liquid doses.  Have a good read through it, and maybe some of the links inside it too. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Hi guys,

Just realized how ..    " upset "  I've been the past 6 years. I literally was not there and also had severe depersonalization. For 6 years. It got worse the last 3 years. It's like I wasn't really there the whole time.

I realized that the drugs had changed me a lot, and exaggerated my feelings. Mainly though, while taking them I could not be happy at all or cry deeply or sleep deeply or love deeply. Nothing.

I am at 15.30 mg like I mentioned but still experienced withdrawal from this recent taper.

I don't know why but in the evenings my suicidal ideas get stronger and I also feel more depressed.

This is horrible.

I had no idea these drugs were ******* me up and playing with my feelings this WHOLE TIME. I am only now remembering how I was before them and it was totally different. Although I was depressed because of a break up and felt very scared and alone because the breakup triggered feelings of abandonment, I did not need those stupid stupid drugs.

I have been depressed for so long, not wanting to do anything and I had no idea it was the drugs. I had absolutely noooooooo idea. This has been a big shock. Currently my brain is working fine and I am ok although feeling too much euphoria inside (mania or whatever it is) it's just a feeling though.

But anyways,

This is horrible for me and like I said I am still in shock. It's like I am waking up to life again but my emotions are still ....     The worse parts are the depression which I thought was just part of me all this time. It's not though.

Yesterday I went on a walk somewhere because I was so extremely high and had all this warm vastness in my chest. It feels horrible though cuz I know it's unattral.

I know you guys can't tell me how long this would last, but I wish you could.

Thank you,

Yana

Edited by AliG
cleaned up language

GeminiGirl.    I know you're upset , but there is no need to talk that way.  Please refrain from swearing . It's not tolerated here.   

Hi guys,

Just giving you an update.

I am feeling slightly better although still quite shocked and shaken up.

I really want to have hope though. I have too much to lose.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I am getting some feelings back and some empathy.

AliG, I understand you don't want me to swear. You have to understand that sometimes when I post here I am in withdrawal and don't make much sense. I am hoping you can understand and have compassion for me, as I have for myself, for you, and others suffering from this. Sorry if you are offended though. Best.

Yana

Hi,

I have a question.

For the past 6 months I have been tapering from 20 mg to 15.30 mg, 5% decreases every month.

This past week though is when the withdrawal really hit me. I am wondering if whether it makes a different to taper so slowly if the withdrawal doesn't hit me now, it will hit me eventually.

So like maybe I can get off this **** a bit faster? I am really not sure.

If I continue the 5% taper, the withdrawal might not hit me right at once, but several months later.

UPDATE:

I have been noticing that mornings, my head is much clearer and I feel more happy and alive. In the evenings, I get a lot worse, especially when it's near the time to take my meds. Like yesterday I needed to get the meds and I went manic and started screaming and wanting to kill people. I was self aware at the time, I didn't do anything but I got into a bunch of verbal fights with people and even pointed a finger gun at someone. I also wanted to fight a security guard and I a, 5"0 and 120 pounds.

I felt so manic last night, it was kind of horrible, I had inner agitation and also screamed at the hospital staff like a maniac. I then ran away from the hospital thinking they would restrain me and shoot me. I started laughing hysterically too, then crying.

This is insane.

Also, just wondering if anybody can give me advice on when I can taper again? I updosed to 15.30 mg from 14.70 mg 5 days ago. I felt I had to because it was a lot worse before, like including severe anxiety, heart palpitations, difficulty breathing, going off on a high, what felt like a stroke or blackout, and complete and total memory loss, as well as feeling like I am on speed.

I feel calmer now because I know it was withdrawal all along and that symptoms never last more than a few hours at once. They always morph into new symptoms too, so ya. But still scary as I was going through it. I thought I would be in that state forever.

Any suggestions/thoughts? Or other people with similar experiences?

Thanks

• Moderator Emeritus

The 10% tapering speed listed here and other places such as the Icarus Project is what I consider "best practice" as an over all guide. But then it can be tweaked on an individual basis. 

It's based on the concept of "harm reduction" - Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tapering speed is subjective and should be individually tailored as you progress.

My take on taper speed is this:

• It depends on how sick you got (physically and mentally) prior to your taper - if your CNS is already compromised, going slow will help minimize symptoms
  • Prior recreational and prescription drug exposure as well as alcohol use (see Limbic Kindling -- Hardwiring the brain for hypersensitivity for more information)
  • How much time and energy you put into developing your non-drug coping skills to deal not only with withdrawal symptoms, but whatever lead you to be prescribed the drugs in the first place
  • How well you are able to handle any collateral damage (loss of relationship, job, home, savings, etc.)

Some of this we have control over, and some we don't. I place an emphasis on non-drug ways of coping in my own case because I came off 6 drugs either rapid taper or cold turkey after 30 years, and I refuse to go back. 

So it's an individualized process because it's an individualized journey. Anything you have control over regarding the above four factors will help you navigate through your journey. And if you don't have control over it - or if you refuse to take control - then it's best to stick to a slower taper. 

Best thing to do is listen to your body,when I got to the lower doses I really had to slow down and hold my doses for much longer

Rushing just to get off the drug will only be painful,I always stabilised and got my head together ready for the next push

2012 put on Citalopram and diazepam for 3 months for "depression" after filling in a 3 minute form at the doctors, had a massive reaction with panic attacks and extreme anxiety,never suffered panic attacks or anxiety before citalopram.Told to quit cold turkey which led to two hospital admissions during 2012/2013

December for 6 months Seroquel dosage adjusted up and down 50mg ,150mg ,100mg, caused severe tinnitus ,told to quit cold turkey

2013 January for 12 months Lorazapam given to me like sweets,told to quit cold turkey

2013 May Zoloft for 6 months ,told to quit cold turkey, reinstated 50mg tapered 2nd time over a month (to fast but I survived)messed up my sleep

Zyprexa April 2103 5mg until august 2014 ,dropped by doctor down to 2.5mg for one month went well but sleep was very poor for 3 weeks

End of 2015 I had to reinstate back up to 5mg due to constant insomnia that wouldnt go away Started a slow taper and found an understanding doctor who listened to me while I reduced
May 2016 drug free, sleeping and doing well in life again, it can be done http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12078-finally-off-zyprexa/

• Moderator Emeritus

geminigirl, I re-established a steady dose of my drug, Cymbalta, 3 weeks ago and will likely do my first 10% cut on Friday. I find myself asking the question when can I cut, how much can I cut ALL THE TIME.  One time in the last few days I had a moment of clarity, "A more helpful question to ask myself is 'How broad and deep a foundation do I want before risking withdrawal symptoms again?' " 

Now that you're feeling better some of the time, I hope you'll consider holding at your current level for a while until you know whether that evening anger/agitation settles down or how you can prepare yourself for it and limit its effect on your life.

How long has it taken for symptoms to dissipate after your previous dose changes?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

*topic moved from symptoms forum

Hi,

I was just wondering if you guys think you could actually die from drug withdrawal?

This thought scares me a bit as during withdrawal I often feel like I am dying.

For instance, right now my heart is beating super fast for no reason. Like I will have a heart attack.

But can that actually ever happen from withdrawal? Or any other symptoms of withdrawal? I know SI and violent thoughts come up, but I mean more death from the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

I want to know so I don't feel as scared in this process.

Edited by Petunia
added note

Hi Geminigirl,

I have searched many, many sites on AD withdrawals and have not come across any, not even one, where someone has died from withdrawal.  The withdrawals some experience may make one feel like he/she is dying, but I don't think it does.  At least I am going to be positive and believe we will all make it through.

Try to stay positive as you can.  It will help to get through this process.  I wish you all the best to healing completely.  

LexFree 

• Moderator Emeritus

H Geminigirl, 

You may want to review Why taper?, particularly the graph in the paper that shows the occupancy curve for Cit.   At 15 mg, you are starting to dip under 80% occupancy, so though you are doing a lovely, slow 5% taper, you are clearly very sensitive to cuts and the further you cut into the 80% the more extreme things will get if you go too fast!

So, keep notes on paper.  How many days after the cut did you start to really feel withdrawal?  What has your pattern been for symptoms rising and subsiding after a cut?  You'll want to see if it is just a matter of the severity getting more intense but the pattern stays the same..If the symptoms stick around for a few days and then subside, then maybe you will be able to ride it out with the 5%.  Or, it may be time to split that up, perhaps 2.5% every two weeks, and see if that helps.  If not, it may be time to do less than 5% per month.  

There's a whole lot of healing to be done between 80% and 0 occupancy!  Speeding the taper up is not advised!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

• Administrator

If you get withdrawal symptoms, that's your body telling you to stop tapering and give it a rest. It needs more time to adapt.

No, it does not mean "taper faster."

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Okay, thanks so much guys.

By the way I noticed today that my head has been much clearer than for the past 6 years. That horrible catatonic state I was in, the dissociated depersonalized state has been lifted.

This is a relief.

I feel more like a person now, rather than a codependent child like mush in a dream. I didn't realize how horrible that was until now I see more clearly and see reality as it is.

Thanks.

Yana

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, thanks so much guys.

By the way I noticed today that my head has been much clearer than for the past 6 years. That horrible catatonic state I was in, the dissociated depersonalized state has been lifted.

This is a relief.

I feel more like a person now, rather than a codependent child like mush in a dream. I didn't realize how horrible that was until now I see more clearly and see reality as it is.

Thanks.

Yana

This is really good news, Yana.  Depersonalization is a very difficult symptom - one of my worst. Best to keep your taper slow so this window continues for you.

Dear Scallywag,

Thank you for your reply.

My reading and comprehension skills have been a bit messed up lately, but ya I wanted to say that for me, I don't really feel each drop, it kind of just caught up with me in a big accumulation of symptoms. I believe it was on the 6th of May that I experienced horrific withdrawal symptoms, like really mind boggling withdrawal symptoms. Including feeling like im on speed, complete memory loss, horrific shaking and doom feelings, really bad dhiarrea, headaches, and what felt like a stroke in my head, and loss of body.

I am doing better. I have somewhat stabilized but I still experience some mania and inner agitation. I also feel like I have the paxil flu, and feel very blah or not alive.

Anyways, I don't think I tapered too fast, I only tapered 5% at a time, but I think the problem or me is that I was using water for my liquid titration that was too hot, and that's why I messed up. I will wait a few more months until I start tapering again. I want to be as stable as possible before doing down further.

I do notice that going down further, I feel more clear headed and alive. I had such a window a few days ago and it was totally totally beautiful and awesome. Unfortunately that window went away.

Some other symtpoms I have noticed is that I have a bit of a hard time taking care of myself, like showering and cleaning myself. Like I have to force myself to do it. I have also lost the spotaneousness and zest and spunk for life. I have also been interested in strange things like certain sounds and pictures, like I have autism or something, like obsessions.

I am hoping with time it will all pass once I stabilize and continue to taper.

Yes Shep.

That is a good idea.

Hi Guys,

Im feeling really weird again.

I cant explain the symptom but I just feel super weird.

Anyone there?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Geminigirl.

I just had a quick read through your thread, surprised I hadn't seen you on here before as I try to keep up with fellow citalopram (celexa) taperers.

I've never thought of it before, but yes, withdrawal from citalopram can be like being on speed. A really dirty speed, with all of the nastiness and none of the niceness usually associated with recreational drugs. Geez, if you bought withdrawal speed from a dealer you'd want your money back.

Your escapade at the hospital made me laugh. Although on a serious note, you really don't want to be doing that sort of thing around doctors. If they think you are a danger to yourself or to others, they could easily hold you against your will and pump you full of all sorts of drugs. 

Have you tried taking your dose at a different time of day? I was having problems with mood swings, irritability and agitation. I split my dose and took half in the morning and half in the evening. It really helped even me out. So, might be something worth considering.

I make my own liquid too. The stuff that sticks to the side of the bottle is the filler and bulking agent, the active ingredient dissolves in the water. I find that it takes about 10 minutes for a tablet to fully dissolve. I agree with Alto and wouldn't use hot water as this could damage the citalopram and mean you are inadvertently taking a lower dose than you thought.

As for the tapering, I would leave it at least a month. It could be that 15mg is a sticky dose for you or it could be that your cuts have accumulated and caught up with you. Either way, a good long hold should sort you out and you'll eventually be able to push on again. Holding should also help get your sleep back to normal. I had trouble at 5mg, It was really difficult to get through, but I held for an extra month and things are good again now.

Hang in there GG. I've been where you are now. It does get better  :)

2001: 20mg paroxetine
2003-2014: Switched between 20mg citalopram and 10mg escitalopram with several failed CT's
2015: Jan/ Feb-very fast taper off citalopram; Mar/ Apr-crashed; 23 Apr-reinstated 5mg; 05 May-updosed to 10mg; 15 Jul-started taper; Aug-9.0mg; Sep-8.1mg; Oct-7.6mg; Nov-6.8mg; Dec-6.2mg
2016: Jan-5.7mg; Feb-5.2mg; Mar-5.0mg;  Apr-4.5mg; May-4.05mg; Jun-3.65mg; Jul-3.3mg; Aug-2.95mg; 04Sep-2.65mg; 25Sep-2.4mg; 23Oct-2.15mg; 13Nov-1.95mg; 04Dec-1.75mg; 25Dec-1.55mg.
2017: 08Jan-1.4mg; 22Jan-1.25mg; 12Feb-1.1mg; 26Feb-1.0mg; 05Mar-0.9mg; 15Mar-0.8mg; 22Mar-0.7mg; 02Apr-0.6; 09Apr-0.5mg; 16Apr-0.4mg; 23Apr-0.3; 03May-0.2mg; 10May-0.1mg

Finished taper 17 May 2017.

Read my success story

I am not a medical professional. The information I provide is not medical advice. If in doubt please consult with a qualified healthcare provider.

Hi Dan998,

Thank you so much for your words.

These past few weeks have been HELL! Like absolute hell on earth.

I have been going completely crazy, like under the influence of withdrawal and yet still somehow aware it was all happening and not being able to get myself back. It was like my brain had been hijacked.

I am feeling a bit better now, more level and clear headed. I honestly had no idea it was the drug playing tricks on me this whole time. It could have been doing this to me for 6 years and I had barely noticed. I am not sure, its so confusing and I don't know the truth anymore. I don't know what is me and what is the drug.

I will try to do what you said about splitting the dose. That may be a great idea actually.

Thanks,

Yana

Hi Dan,

Could you also tell me when I shake the bottle with the dissolved celexa, how many seconds do I have to wait until I can suck out the desired amount via the syringe? I try to do it as fast as I can but am worried it's not fast enough?

I'm probably fine, it's just I have been paranoid because withdrawal really scared the crap out of me.

• Moderator Emeritus

Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like the updose is kicking in.

You're quite right, our brains have been hijacked by the drugs and we knew nothing about it. I have hardly any memory of the last 10 years, it's just one big blur. The good news is that as the dose has got lower I've started to remember what I was like before, who the real me is, it's slowly coming back. Hopefully it will for you too.

Medication spellbinding has four basic effects. 

First, people taking psychiatric drugs rarely realize how much the drugs are impairing them mentally or emotionally. They often do not recognize that they’ve become irrational, depressed, angry, or even euphoric since beginning the medication. 

Second, if they do realize that they are having painful emotional feelings, medication spellbinding causes them to blame their feelings on something other than the drug. They may get angry at their husbands, wives or children, and become abusive. Or they might blame themselves and become suicidal. Often they confuse the harmful drug effect with their emotional problems. 

Third, medication spellbinding makes some people feel that they are doing better than ever when in reality they are doing much worse than ever. In one case, a man who was high on a combination of an antidepressant and a tranquilizer happily went on a daylight robbery spree in his hometown wearing no disguise. Another happily embezzled money while documenting it all in the company computer files. Both men thought they were on top of the world.

Fourth, some people become so medication spellbound that they lose control of themselves and perpetrate horrendously destructive actions.

Peter Breggin - http://breggin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=243

2003-2014: Switched between 20mg citalopram and 10mg escitalopram with several failed CT's
2015: Jan/ Feb-very fast taper off citalopram; Mar/ Apr-crashed; 23 Apr-reinstated 5mg; 05 May-updosed to 10mg; 15 Jul-started taper; Aug-9.0mg; Sep-8.1mg; Oct-7.6mg; Nov-6.8mg; Dec-6.2mg
2016: Jan-5.7mg; Feb-5.2mg; Mar-5.0mg;  Apr-4.5mg; May-4.05mg; Jun-3.65mg; Jul-3.3mg; Aug-2.95mg; 04Sep-2.65mg; 25Sep-2.4mg; 23Oct-2.15mg; 13Nov-1.95mg; 04Dec-1.75mg; 25Dec-1.55mg.
2017: 08Jan-1.4mg; 22Jan-1.25mg; 12Feb-1.1mg; 26Feb-1.0mg; 05Mar-0.9mg; 15Mar-0.8mg; 22Mar-0.7mg; 02Apr-0.6; 09Apr-0.5mg; 16Apr-0.4mg; 23Apr-0.3; 03May-0.2mg; 10May-0.1mg

Read my success story

I am not a medical professional. The information I provide is not medical advice. If in doubt please consult with a qualified healthcare provider.

• Moderator Emeritus

It's totally understandable that you are terrified by withdrawal. If you draw up the liquid as fast as you can, that will be fast enough. Once the tablet has dissolved the active ingredient will be pretty evenly spread out in the liquid. The bits you see floating around don't really do anything.

Read my success story

When I have "windows" is that the real me?

Dan, is there any way I can chat with you over the phone to talk about this whole thing?

Hi Guys,

Just popping in to say Hi and to give an update.

I am doing slightly better currently. My brain fog isn't as bad and I don't have the horrible mania.

I just took my dose of celexa for the day.

I am going to take Dan's advice and try taking the celexa twice a day rather than once, and just split the dose. I think that is actually a really great idea because it sucks when I am so up and down.

I also noticed that the reason I had withdrawal so bad recently is probably because I haven't been taking my meds the same time each day.

I am going to try doing that from now on. Twice a day, same time each day. I think that will really help me stabilize.

I just did not realize AT ALL how much these drugs have changed my whole system and body and how careful and precise and stable everything has to do. Alto you are right.

I have always been the type to just wing things and take things as they go, but I realize with this tapering thing, I have to treat it all like a fragile new born baby, feeding it at the same regular hours each and day and even sleeping at the same times each day, or even just trying to sleep.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to say for now.

I am also soooo tired because I haven't properly slept for like 4/5 days. I think I will take a nap in a bit.

And finally, I am still alive.

I am glad. I went through hell recently.

Hi Geminigirl

Glad that you have got some things sorted that will help you get back on track.

At least you are feeling better - and you made it through the tough times of late!

Hope you get some good sleep and start to feel even better over the next few days.

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!