SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

crazykatie: my withdrawal from an antipsychotic

crazykatie

Oh no I totally appreciate it. I have taken prednisone a lot. Part of why I have osteoporosis. Ugh these meds do some much damage!!

Was on antidepressants on and off from 2000-2007 dx with MDD n anxiety.

2009- had like a physical breakdown. Was exhausted n not functioning properly. Still have depression n had become suicidal. Shrink dx bipolar while I never had a single manic episode. I got at least 8-9 hours of sleep every night. I required that to function since a child. I was admitted to the psych ward immediately. Was then put on a cocktail.

Lithium, lamotrigine, wellbutrin, prozac, depakote, Xanax, trazadone and ritalin.

Went through over 50 shock treatments n put on Invega in addition

Spring 2014, made the decision to try to get off some meds.

11 weeks ago I qt quit invega

10/6 reinstated 150 mg of Wellbutrin

I currently take 40 mg of prozac, 300 mg of lamotrigine, 1 mg of Xanax, 150 mg of trazadone

I am down from three medications. The forementioned others that I was initially put on I stopped prior to 2014.

I am hoping to be med free one day. I do not have any intention of stopping the current ones right now. I'm going to give my body a little more time to adjust.

Progress not perfection!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crazykatie

• Altostrata

• luv2knit

• primrose

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

When I say like I feel like I'm having a heart attack, I have heart palpitations, heart racing -- I have good blood pressure, but my resting pulse is typically in the 120's, I get really flushed, weak, naseau. I have a high risk of heart disease from family history. My dad has his first heart attack at 38. Both my parents have high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

My cholesterol is low. I'm very adamant about getting checked yearly with my history.

Do you mean you have surges of palpitations and heart racing? This does not sound like a heart attack.

Have you tried fish oil and magnesium supplements, see

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

These can be calming. I found sipping a little magnesium citrate in cold water during spells of palpitations to be very helpful.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I take 325 mg of mag

3 fish oil

250 rhodiola

2 vitamin b12

10,000 mg of vitamin D3

2 kava kava

I bought the Passion flower extract. However I didn't try it last night as I didn't have anxiety.

I slept good last night. Went shopping with my mom today. Been out since 11. It warmed back up 25 degrees. In the low 70's. Gotta love Midwest weather. Heck it may snow tomorrow. Lol

How are you?

2009- had like a physical breakdown. Was exhausted n not functioning properly. Still have depression n had become suicidal. Shrink dx bipolar while I never had a single manic episode. I got at least 8-9 hours of sleep every night. I required that to function since a child. I was admitted to the psych ward immediately. Was then put on a cocktail.

Lithium, lamotrigine, wellbutrin, prozac, depakote, Xanax, trazadone and ritalin.

I currently take 40 mg of prozac, 300 mg of lamotrigine, 1 mg of Xanax, 150 mg of trazadone

I am down from three medications. The forementioned others that I was initially put on I stopped prior to 2014.

I am hoping to be med free one day. I do not have any intention of stopping the current ones right now. I'm going to give my body a little more time to adjust.

• Administrator

I'm okay, thanks.

What's been your recent history with prednisone? Were you taking it regularly, then quit?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I was taking prednisone about every month at least one dose since November 2012. I haven't been on it for about four months. I've been really hesitant to. It's just my allergies are so bad. I've always had hayfever. However, I've never been like this until 2012. I dealt with a stuffed up nose for over five months before I went to see the doc n then I was sent to a ENT who has an allergy clinic in his office. I was supposed to get shots, but that meant I would have to go once a week for a minimum of two years bc mine are so bad. Then he prescribed a nasal spray to be taken with my Flonase. It's actually an antihistamine spray. Works pretty well.

Is it possible that the seroquel 50 mg on Friday is still in my system? I've been having to take 3 hour naps yesterday and today. Last night, I just took my magnesium, 150 mg of trazadone and 1.5 mg of xanax. Tonight I'm just gonna take 1 mg of the xanax which is all I was taking before I quit the wellbutrin and invega.

I am really debating going back on just 150 mg of my wellbutrin. I haven't been taking adderal or Ritalin. If I can get out of the house, I'm fine. But if I get on the couch anywhere, I fall asleep almost instantaneously.

Advice or thoughts?

• Administrator

When you skip around with drug doses, it makes it difficult to tell what drug is causing an adverse reaction. Please choose one mix of your cocktail and stick to it.

Altostrata,

I completely agree with you. I need to just focus on getting off the invega right now. I stopped the wellbutrin bc I thought it was only adding to my anxiety. I started back on 150 mg today. What do you think I should do? I welcome any suggestions.

I'm not taking the seroquel again. I don't want to take another medication. Do you think I should go back on my adderall? I stopped taking that bc of my anxiety and insomnia.

I slept well all weekend but I think that was seroquel induced. My friend who takes seroquel told me today that it can make you feel like crap if you don't take it everyday. I will NEVER take it again. I just feel like my new shrink is no better than my old one. Prescription happy it appears.

There is a shrink in his office that has only been out of school for 6 years. I've read that he is not medication geared. I am thinking about making an appt with him. He's got a six week waiting list but like my therapist said I could make my appt with him n see the shrink I see in the meantime. I always worry about pissing people off. I fear that my current doc will be mad at me if I switch to another doc in his practice.

I've had a mild headache all weekend but it has turned into a full blown migraine. I've taken my imitrex but it is not even touching it. I've got ice packs on the back n front of my head. I can't take another imitrex for another hour. Pure torture.

How are you today? I sincerely welcome and appreciate your advice!! I know I'm not doing this the right way. I just was one of those people who wanted to quit all meds. It doesn't help that I have a friend here that was on a cocktail too n quit ct all of them at once. He assured me that the wd would only last a short period of time. However, he was on his meds for two years as opposed to my 7 years. He just keeps telling me to keep on what I'm doing n just convince myself that I'm okay. That's impossible when in active phases of wd.

Hope all is well!!

• Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Alto, you need to decide what you are doing and stick with it. jumping around and changing things 

is very disturbing for the nervous system and your poor brain.  Most doctors haven't a clue about how to get off

their drugs, all they know is what the drug companies have taught them and they don't want you off their drugs.

Many of us here have been polydrugged and suffered because of it but now we are taking control of our own health.

You have quit and restarted drugs and it is very hard to say what is the right move but whatever you do you absolutely 

need stability. Symptoms will flare up and get bad (waves) and get better again (windows). When we are in a wave we

all want to change something, updose, supplements, anything when the best thing do do is nothing, just hold until it

calms down again. The same with windows, feel great so take it as time to cut when again, the best thing can be nothing.

Listen to your body, and when you make a cut, hold for a few weeks before cutting again and if you are in a wave do not even think

of making a cut because your nervous system is healing and not ready to start another phase.  

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Mammap,

Thank you. My doc was pretty upset with me that I also qt quit the wellbutrin. Like I said I just got all geared up to get off these meds.

I am planning on sticking to the following:

150 mg of Wellbutrin

300 mg of lamotrigine

1 mg of xanax

40 mg of prozac

150 mg of trazadone

No seroquel. Getting my xanax intake back to what it was pre wd of the invega. I think I should stay off the adderall too. What do you think? I only took my adderall or ritalin, whichever one I was on, as needed. I didn't want to become addicted. It has been pointed out now that I have done more damage bc I don't want take my adderall or wellbutrin regularly.

I think going back on my wellbutrin is best only bc I'm trying to adjust just getting off the invega. I know that no one has any magical answers. But I do want advice.

careful with benzo doses consistency :)

pregan taper 600mg down to 240mg, daily cuts since xmas

valium, just over 75mg, tapering 0.1 a day, will keep this more udated, cos amounts going down

i have borderline personality, chronic ptsd, and suspected adhd and substance misuse as a symptom, which i am addressing with help of medical staff, drugs agencies & mh sta

Primrose,

I've typically only taken 1 mg a day even though I'm prescribed 3 mg. I know that I don't really follow my dosing instructions. I just don't want to be a zombie. The only time I've taken 2 mg was during my bad wd. Just going back to my normal 1 mg isn't good?

Keep it stable!!! :) rooting for u

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I'm not doing well at all. My depression has come severely. I slept all day yesterday to try to hide from it. My depression is borderline suicidal. I go to my shrink on Friday. I'm really worried about what he's gonna try to do. I can't tell if this is wd or my symptoms returning.

• Administrator

Whatever your diagnosis might be (and we don't care about diagnoses here), if this is your cocktail

150 mg of Wellbutrin
300 mg of lamotrigine
1 mg of xanax
40 mg of prozac
150 mg of trazadone

it's a very, very weird cocktail.

From this list http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1430-0,2228-0,116-46,1044-6727,1115-648,440-2469,133-54
lamotrigine
trazodone

Prozac (fluoxetine)

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)

Xanax (alprazolam)

Fosamax (alendronate)
Necon 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Interactions between your selected drugs
interaction-3-big.png fluoxetine ↔ trazodone

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine), trazodone

Talk to your doctor before using FLUoxetine together with traZODone. Combining these medications can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

interaction-3-big.png bupropion ↔ fluoxetine

Applies to: Wellbutrin XL (bupropion), Prozac (fluoxetine)

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with FLUoxetine. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of FLUoxetine, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-3-big.png bupropion ↔ trazodone

Applies to: Wellbutrin XL (bupropion), trazodone

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with traZODone. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of traZODone, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png trazodone ↔ lamotrigine

Applies to: trazodone, lamotrigine

Using traZODone together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png fluoxetine ↔ lamotrigine

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine), lamotrigine

Using FLUoxetine together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png ethinyl estradiol ↔ lamotrigine

Applies to: Necon 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone), lamotrigine

Talk to your doctor before using lamoTRIgine together with ethinyl estradiol. Combining these medications may reduce the blood levels and effects of lamoTRIgine. You may need a dose adjustment if you have been taking lamoTRIgine and are starting treatment with ethinyl estradiol. Similarly, if ethinyl estradiol is discontinued, your dosage of lamoTRIgine may need to be readjusted. Contact your doctor if your condition changes or you experience loss of seizure control during treatment with these medications. When ethinyl estradiol is stopped or interrupted briefly, be alert to potentially increased side effects of lamoTRIgine such as dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blurred vision, incoordination, tremor, restlessness, irritability, depression, anxiety, and mood or behavior changes. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png alprazolam ↔ lamotrigine

Applies to: Xanax (alprazolam), lamotrigine

Using ALPRAZolam together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png alprazolam ↔ bupropion

Applies to: Xanax (alprazolam), Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)

Excessive use of ALPRAZolam, or abrupt discontinuation following long-term use, may occasionally trigger seizures in patients taking buPROPion. Talk to your doctor before using these medications together if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png alprazolam ↔ trazodone

Applies to: Xanax (alprazolam), trazodone

Using ALPRAZolam together with traZODone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png alprazolam ↔ fluoxetine

Applies to: Xanax (alprazolam), Prozac (fluoxetine)

Using ALPRAZolam together with FLUoxetine may increase your blood levels of ALPRAZolam or cause it to stay in your body longer. This can cause symptoms such as excessive drowsiness. Talk with your doctor before using these medications together. You may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take both medications. Avoid driving until you know how these medications will affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png norethindrone ↔ lamotrigine

Applies to: Necon 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone), lamotrigine

Talk to your doctor before using lamoTRIgine together with norethindrone. Combining these medications may reduce the blood levels and effects of lamoTRIgine. You may need a dose adjustment if you have been taking lamoTRIgine and are starting treatment with norethindrone. Similarly, if norethindrone is discontinued, your dosage of lamoTRIgine may need to be readjusted. Contact your doctor if your condition changes or you experience loss of seizure control during treatment with these medications. When norethindrone is stopped or interrupted briefly, be alert to potentially increased side effects of lamoTRIgine such as dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blurred vision, incoordination, tremor, restlessness, irritability, depression, anxiety, and mood or behavior changes. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-1-big.png alprazolam ↔ ethinyl estradiol

Applies to: Xanax (alprazolam), Necon 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

This is a stupid and dangerous mix of drugs. You need to see a new doctor, one who will minimize your drugs.

Your current symptoms, including the "depression," may be from 1) going on and off various drugs, particularly Invega and benzos; 2) an adverse effect from benzos and/or estrogen; 3) drug interactions.

If your current psychiatrist is the one who's prescribed your current random mix, I think you know very well what he's going to do -- prescribe more drugs.

I know what the doctor is going to do. He's a new doc. I will see him Friday for the third time. It comes across as you think I can find such a doctor easily. There is no one in any of the alternative medicine practices here or any psychs that have willing admitted that they will help you get off psych meds.

I don't know what to do either. As you know, my hope is to be med free.

First off I want to apologize Alto. I know I totally came off as a not nice word. I'm just frustrated. Also when you said I'm on a dangerous mix of meds, I was just listening to what I was being told to take. I didn't know any better. I had that fear installed that I have to take these meds for life.

I saw the doc today. I told him that I am not taking the seroquel and will not. I told him I went back on the 150 mg of wellbutrin bc I was getting depressed. Told him that I had halved my xanax n my trazadone. I told him that I'm not trying to be noncompliant but I did tell him upfront my goal was to be med free from the first appt. he asked if I could stay on what I'm currently taking for the next month n I agreed. Like many of you have stated, I was quitting too many things at once.

I was also off my birth control pill for two weeks n think that may be playing a role. I know I know I haven't been helping myself out any. I'm off the prednisone n antibiotic now. I also reinstated my bc pill.

The panic is pretty much gone. I had some last night but that was due to my doc visit today. I feel like I'm getting somewhere. I just have to be patient like you guys suggest. This will prolly have to happen over a few years.

Does anyone on here still take meds even after quitting? Has anyone had to go back on meds bc they couldn't handle the after effects? I say I want to be med free but it's always in the back of my head that I'm always gonna have to be on an antidepressant.

Sorry to those I haven't been in contact with. My depression is letting up n I'll be checking all the updates.

Thank you guys for being so patient with me.

Good luck, Katie.  Hope whatever you decide, it goes well for you.  I am not dealing with as many meds, but I am struggling too!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

• Administrator

I know it's hard to find a doctor who has common sense and will listen, katie, but that's what we need to do sometime to take care of ourselves.

He sounds like he has good manners, at least. We all agree you need to stabilize. Quitting birth control pills throws another factor into the mix that could well be the cause of "depression" symptoms.

I hope you have a good relationship with him and he will help you minimize your drugs in a rational way.

For your part, please take your drugs regularly, don't skip any doses, and don't increase any to fix symptoms. Keep notes on paper of when you have symptoms, that will help figure out what drug to reduce first.

Thanks Alto n Luv,

I'm not changing my meds in any way shape or form. I'm staying with what I'm on. I might have to update my signature, I don't know.

Alto, I never stand up for myself. It's very hard for me. So when I went to this new pdoc, I was very clear n at point that my goal is to go off the meds n I want his help. I said if you are not willing to assist me then there's no point of us seeing each other again. The second time I went in n he prescribed the seroquel, I was upset. However, I was so sketched out from the insomnia n constant panic. I took it bc I was weak. I totally went against what I was fighting for. So I took the seroquel one night, then read that it was an ap too. I was so mad. I just got more upset bc he just wanted to prescribe.

So today I went in firmly n calmly n told him I am not taking any more medication. N that I will not be taking another ap. He was calm. Much calmer than the second visit. I was happy that I spoke up for myself. You're right we have to be the ones to fight for this. It's just so sad what pharmaceutical companies have done to the so called disordered brain n the trauma it causes

In addition I have to say that I was so empowered telling him, "I had a panic attack last night bc of this visit. Your prescribing me more medications is completely the opposite thing we spoke about initially." Small child inside stood up to be a strong woman today.

• Administrator

Good for you, ck.

Why was Wellbutrin added to your cocktail? What about lamotrigine, Xanax, and trazodone? Which drug was prescribed first?

Alto,

The lamotrigine n wellbutrin along with the prozac trazadone n xanax were all prescribed at the same time. Then after the failed attempts of shock treatment, there came the invega. I forgot to mention that he tried abilify. I ended up at the psych ward after two days. Complete tremors, couldn't sit still n was just totally crazy. Then lithium. After three months on that, I told him I wasn't taking it anymore bc it made me shake so bad I could hardly feed myself. So then came the invega. I sorry i haven't put that order in my signature. I was also prescribed Depakote 1000 mg n seroquel 50 mg to work up to 100. It was just constant. I got to the point that I never said anything bc I knew he would just prescribe. Oh he also had me on requip bc I had such bad restless leg syndrome. I took that for two weeks. I ding remember ANYTHING for those two weeks. My boyfriend threw them out thankfully. I was also on ritalin bc of my ADHD which I had always had but never took meds for. If I complained to that shrink, he would just say it's another problem. Not brought on by meds. He tried numerous times to get me back on lithium n the requip after experiencing what side effects I had. He never recalled.

It's just ridiculous. I am sickened. I never knew. I was told I was bipolar with no definition n no manic phases not even short manic phases. I was totally fooled into this. I even put myself through shock treatment to try to get well. If I would've just dealt with my issues, while taking the meds for a short period then I wouldn't be in this mess.

I seriously want to file a complaint against him. I think he should go to prison or worst the psych ward n have to go through the torture we have all experienced.

Angered right now...these legal drug pushers have a lot to answer for. Disgusting.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

I am too Muddles. I've been reading on some other sites tonight. I've found a girl's story very similar to mine. She was undiagnosing herself of bipolar.

Here it is. I'm sorry mods. I know this isn't about diagnoses, this just really opened my eyes even more. It also assured me that someone on a cocktail like my own was able to be free in 6 years. Of course, I wanted it to be like a year. But I'm willing to settle for the 6.

http://beyondmeds.com/undiagnosing-myself/

• Moderator Emeritus

No need to apologise Katie, GiaK, one of our mods is actually Monica who writes beyond meds.

She shares lots of her posts here in the journals section and is a great help to us all. 

When we say we don't care about diagnoses it is because it is irrelevant to us, we are here to help

regardless of diagnoses and many, many times people have been misdiagnosed with mental illness

when what they are actually suffering from is the effects of drugs! 

I was also polydrugged over 20 years, one after another and stopped because of side effects, only to

end up in hospital with 'relapses' which were withdrawal. Lots of us are out to undiagnose ourselves

and you are welcome to join the 'club'   ;)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I am EAGER to join the club. Lol

I ran apart this article. Since I've been on steroids for at least ten days a month in the span of like 18 months. Could this also cause me so much stress. Also, I'm on a strong birth control pill. I take the corticosteroid flonase nasal spray too.

Thoughts!!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucocorticoid

Also,

I'm very surprised that there is no one on here that has used drugs or alcohol in the previously years. Maybe I've missed that part.

However, when I went to AA, I would have to say that 80% at least had been labeled bipolar and put on disability. Makes me wonder!!

Have you tried Taurine yet?

Short term low dose Klonopin use back in 2004
Acute, protracted withdrawal after discontinuing
Began Lexapro in 2005 to ease Benzo withdrawal
Took 2 years to stabilize
Rapid taper from Lexapro in July/August 2012
Return of anxiety, insomnia and cardiac issues
Failed reinstatement early August 2012
Acute withdrawal for 9 months; intermittent symptoms for another 6

Relief on February 9, 2014 after addition of Taurine

Almost complete remission of symptoms w/addition of 12.5mg Atenolol daily

No. I haven't. I'm in a window right now after having three rough weeks. I took magnesium n kava kava. I think magnesium is a magic pill!!

It really doesn't take much to get this diagnoses.

Wearing odd socks will no doubt be added to the check list soon.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Muddles,

The statement about socks made me laugh. How are u? I've read a lot of your thread. I hope u are improving.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Katie, I don't know how this will fit in with your withdrawal/recovery, but I have an idea that might (or might not) help you get off the steroids and help manage your allergies.  There is a supplement called Quercetin.  I started taking it a couple of years ago--especially during allergy season.  I have asthma, and I hadn't had a bad attack in about 20 years, but I had one in the Fall a couple of years ago, and they put me on steroid inhalers.  Within a couple of weeks, my knees were TRASHED (never had knee problems before).  I knew it was the inhalers, but I had to breathe.  Of course the docs claim the inhalers don't get into your blood stream--not true!  I started taking Quercetin, and gradually came off the inhalers.  It has taken me two years to see REAL improvement in my knees--not quite back to normal, but getting there!  I have had virtually NO allergy/asthma problems, though.  In the last week, I have been having paradoxical reactions to just about every supplement I take EXCEPT the ones I have been on for years.  I started to leave the Quercetin off, thinking I would try to minimize what I'm taking, but my allergies started kicking in again, and I realized it is just too important to not end up with asthma/allergy problems right now.  I researched the Quercetin, and its effect on the nervous system, and it is actually supposed to have some really good benefits.  Of course, you would want to research any possible interactions with your meds.  I don't know if anyone else has had any experience with this or not, but I seem to be doing OK with it.  Best of luck in your continued recovery. 

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Thanks Luv.

It's something worth trying. I try to stay off the roids bc of my osteoporosis but they are the only help. I think that part of the pressure in my ears was indeed a wd symptom. I've read that some experience the same.

I feel pretty good. Got out of the house, watched football all day. Go Pack Go! Lol. I went and got my ct scan at 8:30 this morning. Hopefully the blood clot is gone. I go back to the ENT on Thursday. I went to the bookstore today in hopes of getting that book something anatomy of an epidemic. People on here have me really interested in reading it but they didn't have it. So I'm going to order it tonight.

Mike's mom tried to get me to meet her for lunch. I told her that I have no appetite n then she suggested soup from panera. I would love some French onion soup. However, I would take three spoonfuls n have to wait at least 30 min to see if I can eat. Eat four spoonfuls n be full n over and over again. Therefore, I understandably have no desire to go out to eat.

I've felt pretty good mood wise. My doc gave me 10 mg of adderal for me to take at 8 n 12. It's lower dose. One made me sketched out n in panic. No way am I taking a stimulant. Funny all I did in my twenties was cocaine n I loved the feeling n it's a stimulant. So I'm thinking it's a hyper sensitivity reaction. Great one less pill to take.

Its a good window for me. Except little bouts of panic. The stomach issue.

I'll take it!!

Yes, I'm quickly learning we take what we can get!  Glad you're having a window!  

BTW, I haven't really had brain zaps yet--possibly because I've been taking Neptune Krill Oil also for years(?)  I have had head pressure, though.  It sometimes feels like someone is squeezing my head.  I know in my case it has to be WD, because I've never had this before!

I think most of my problems are all from these meds!! I have issues now that I've never had!

No doubt.