LoveandLight: sertraline withdrawal

LoveandLight

MammaP, I mean :D

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Very windowy/wavery or feeling somewhat how I did before all this with extra sludge on top. 6 years of being stuck in a nightmare hardly any light at all. Now I'm feeling things again, I was convinced that I was stuck, empty and soulless forever looking at the world from behind thick glass. Little things are coming back..I can feel in response to a song that I hear, lovely walk last night - joy seeing the fog over the river and the trees lit up with fairy lights. Much gratitude to finally figuring it out that the tablets were causing so much trouble.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thats great news Joanna, little things mean so much when you've been in the depths of despair! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks Mamma

Totally in the depths again spoke too soon.. how can it change this quick omg

• Administrator

Typical of windows and waves!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

At least I have windows now but when they are going on the thoughts are 'never had good times', has always been like this, always will be..

Have people been able to recover rebuild their outer life gain employment again after so long? It will be 5 years that I've struggled to work full time or even at all a lot of the time.

No wonder the bipolar diagnosis comes about..when bad I have paranoia, anxiety, pain, confusion, distress, depression, agoraphobia, hopelessness and then it lifts leaving nothing but brain fog..

Am still on 12.5mg will keep holding

Deleted

Total crap again..I'm desperate to stabilise..don't know how many more years I can stand this

Sending hugs Joanna x

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Thank you, too you too x

Never even thought about this til an hr ago but I changed taking my 12.5mg liquid dose to night-time due to not wanting to take it to work and have been experiencing a lot more I restless at night the past three days (I'm not sure when I changed it to night-time, I didn't even think it would be significant). So obviously I will change it back to the mornings, but I'm just wondering if 12.5mg is too much for me as the really bad restlessness starts about an hr after taking and the last three nights a lot of anxiety going to bed and waking up, as bad as the c/t withdrawl 2 yrs ago.

Hello J,

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time.

How are you today?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Absolutely awful tbh. Totally terrified cannot listen to my parents speak..just terrified and very bad dp/dr. Thank you for your message. Very kind x hope your ok x

And you, tgirl, how are you?

A window or break In the wave..who knows..going to have to learn how to cope a bit better in the next wave...or just hang on again..Was despairing only hours ago that I'm not going to make it out or my life is ruined forever! There doesn't seem to be any reasoning, rationality. Although my life has pretty much fallen apart for years (5), due to meds and withdrawal, I had no clue what was happening, so I was just on a merry go round, at least I know what is happening now. Thank you for this site.

I'm so glad you have a break in your wave! Yay!

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - med free

Thank you <3

A bit blah the last few days not the huge distress ups and downs that I've been in..racing thoughts and brain fog..it's a strange combination..it seems that there is a lot of problems to fix, according to my racing mind but the brain fog prevents me from doing anything about it. It's a struggle to stay in the moment, any thoughts about the future generates distress again but unlike the last 5 years, I seem to have some control/ awareness of this at least some of the time. When I have been in distress though, I seem fixated and troubled about people close to me dying.

Again much gratitude to this site and the people here.

I can relate to your fixation on people close to you dying.  I am petrified lately that one of my kids will get hurt when they are with me.  I am not sure why or how I figure they will get hurt. But the intrusive thought is there.  Sometimes it helps to just rationalize that it is withdrawl and try to distract yourself.  I think it doesn't help that we feel so out of control of our own bodies and minds.  I hope you find some peace of mind soon.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Thank you frustrated. It is frustrating, right enough that we do not have control over bodies and mind in withdrawal BUT at least we now know what is happening to us and now I can stop beating myself up ( never did work), for not getting better and not having success with coping strategies. I wish you peace of mind too! :) I am quite relaxed just now but the guilt will creep in that I'm not working haven't sorted my life but I generally am more relaxed not working, for now.

don't beat yourself up about not working.  Your health is important and so are you.  I am a single mom and have three kids and I am not working either.  You need to focus on getting better than other things will sort themselves out in time.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Thanks frustrated yes, that's my feeling thought today - health first

I think feel my soul may be coming back a little bit...felt like it has been lost for many years..walking today and it felt that body mind soul is all aligned if that makes sense ..a very new and very welcome experience.

Thank you all on here for your support I'm so grateful.

Wonderful!

29 June 2014 - med free

Winning through <3

Hi Joannad!

Read the first page in your thread and the last two - it's great to see that you are feeling better!

I think feel my soul may be coming back a little bit...felt like it has been lost for many years..walking today and it felt that body mind soul is all aligned if that makes sense ..a very new and very welcome experience.

I felt like that a couple of days ago. It was so wonderful! I felt as though I was connected to my self in a way that I think I've never experienced before! Sadly, this feeling was gone the next day and today is also pretty gray. I hope I'll be connected again.

I hope you continue to have these experiences!

/Mjau

1997-1999 Citalopram 20 mg

1999-2014 Sertraline 50 mg

2012 Sertraline very quick taper due to side effects. Switched to Wellbutrin 150 mg-300 mg. Reinstated Sertraline 25 mg-50 mg.

2013 Exhaustion. Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sertraline 75 mg-100 mg.

Sept 2014 Found this site. Started tapering. Sertraline 87,5 mg + Wellbutrin 150 mg 

Aug 2015 No more Wellbutrin!! Sertraline 50 mg

2016 Sertraline 35 mg (January) - 33 mg (March 21st) - 32,5 mg (July 11) - 32 mg (July 27)

2017 March 28,2 mg and holding

Thank you Mjau

But I'm terrible again the worse yet, I think. So I've woken up the last week depressed in the morning and then by 7pm starting to get jittery, twitches, very uncomfortable, restless legs and the only thing that helps is going to bed and then this morning wake up at 4 with intrusive thoughts, anxiety, dread, depression. This feels a bit different this time because I've been depressed in the mornings the last week and jittery restless at night. Today awful - v depressed dread constant don't feel can function suicidal thoughts, hopeless but I have arranged to go to housesit run small bnb at the end of the month in a town far from here and need to be somewhat more stable to do this ...not sure what to do..the withdrawal symptoms are getting worse...would this mean updose a little bit?

Nausea, internal shaking, crying,flu feeling..it's as bad as before I re-instated.

Sorry to read you're feeling worse. Couldn't it be a wave that will pass? You had the good experiences recently and they will come again as waves turns into a windows.

But if it feels intolerable maybe you should up the dose just a little? Seems like you've made quite big decrements, maybe you should go by the 10% rule?

1997-1999 Citalopram 20 mg

1999-2014 Sertraline 50 mg

2012 Sertraline very quick taper due to side effects. Switched to Wellbutrin 150 mg-300 mg. Reinstated Sertraline 25 mg-50 mg.

2013 Exhaustion. Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sertraline 75 mg-100 mg.

Sept 2014 Found this site. Started tapering. Sertraline 87,5 mg + Wellbutrin 150 mg 

Aug 2015 No more Wellbutrin!! Sertraline 50 mg

2016 Sertraline 35 mg (January) - 33 mg (March 21st) - 32,5 mg (July 11) - 32 mg (July 27)

2017 March 28,2 mg and holding

Thank you considering what to do x

• Moderator Emeritus

It is a wave Joanna and it will pass. Remember the day you felt good and 'connected'? You will feel like

that again.  Are you still taking your dose at night? I can't take mine too late for the same reasons but

can't take it in the morning wither because I feel too 'spaced' and nauseous so I take mine with supper

in the evening. ( Supper in Scotland, Dinner in London and tea in Yorkshire ;) )

Keep surfing that wave and it will break eventually. I think the house-sit will be good for you, a change of

environment can be a good thing and take your mind off the awful thoughts and feelings that are swirling

around. I hope you feel e bit better soon so you can make the journey. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks mammap

Have a horrible feeling it's not a wave why the increased depression in the mornings? I'm feeling so bad thought I'm gonna have to go to ER.. And insomnia now. I just wonder if I made a mistake measuring liquid and have taken much less or much more. I keep trying to shut my eyes but the images I keep seeing are awful. This is as bad as the worst times over these 5 years and I cannot believe I'm going through it again. I don't want to die but I cannot see living this it's never ending.

Take it in the morning

I will be alone at the house sit (south of England) only a few booked guests at the end of the first month and then after 2 months I will again need to find somewhere to live. But here, even this room I'm in now reminds me of the worst of withdrawal and this town so don't think can stay here.