Sign in to follow this  
Altostrata

From Council for Evidence-Based Psychiatry: Paul and Effexor cold turkey

Altostrata

Now the link works.

shelby

I wonder how he is doing now?

oskcajga

I saw this movie and it helped me out tremendously.  This the only "recovery from antidepressants" video I've seen on the internet.  Do you know of any more videos like this?

Narcissus

This is great, thanks Alto and beyondmeds.  

ang

There are more, same website   council for evidence based psychiatry...  One lady had been so ill on the drugs, from being given gas during her deliverey, of her daughter.........  She was put on drugs, destroyed her life, she was never able to care for her daughter, eventtually she went off them, she is doing brilliantly now......

JillE

I can relate to his anger.  And sadness that so many of our doctors don't have a clue what they are doing to us.  Many of them follow protocol.  

Mort81

Good video but really depresses me , took him 4 yrs to work again. Ive felt un able to work for 10 months and i don't see an end in sight. Im in pain both physically and emotionally. Somedays are just hard .

oskcajga

Good video but really depresses me , took him 4 yrs to work again. Ive felt un able to work for 10 months and i don't see an end in sight. Im in pain both physically and emotionally. Somedays are just hard .

It's probably a good thing that he accumulated wealth while he was healthy - it obviously buoyed him during WD (that Porsche and house).  Many normal people who don't accumulate wealth could end up losing most of their former life if they are too badly disabled.  It happened to me, and I wasn't even one of the most severe cases.  I was still able to go out into the world and do things. 

I suppose if one has a very supportive family or friend system that doesn't mind having someone around that doesn't work, that's another way to get through this.  That's basically my situation  - living with my father, he's not very pushy about me not working.

Without $$ or a supportive family, this process can get very tricky.  I think I'd be homeless without my father - possibly very sick, or even dead.

Withdrawal and adverse reactions are very very dangerous and highly disabling.

reachingforthestars

My English isn't that good so I didn't understand how long Paul was on antidepressants? Was it three years or longer?

sollicitudo

It's not really clear. He started on Prozac in 1995, tried to stop after 3 years but was "advised to stay on them". Then he "cycled through" a number of ADs between 2001-2004 finally staying with Effexor up until 4 years prior to whenever the video was recorded.

So i'm guessing something like:

1995-2001: Prozac (with some brief intermissions)

2001-2004: Various ADs

2004-2010(?) Effexor

reachingforthestars

Thank you sollicitudo! :) 

India
On 7/22/2015 at 7:27 PM, oskcajga said:

It's probably a good thing that he accumulated wealth while he was healthy - it obviously buoyed him during WD (that Porsche and house).  Many normal people who don't accumulate wealth could end up losing most of their former life if they are too badly disabled.  It happened to me, and I wasn't even one of the most severe cases.  I was still able to go out into the world and do things. 

I suppose if one has a very supportive family or friend system that doesn't mind having someone around that doesn't work, that's another way to get through this.  That's basically my situation  - living with my father, he's not very pushy about me not working.

Without $$ or a supportive family, this process can get very tricky.  I think I'd be homeless without my father - possibly very sick, or even dead.

Withdrawal and adverse reactions are very very dangerous and highly disabling.

Really we all deserve compensation ( our families too) for the multiplicity of losses but sadly not possible for most of us to mount any legal action. 

Tom37

For anyone interested it now appears he has declared himself fully recovered. 

If you go to Baylissa’s Facebook page she has provided an update and a video auth by him to show.  

Thanks