sdb3000

Legal proceedings following violence and possible withdrawal syndrome

sdb3000

Hi.  I have a friend that I believe may have suffered from withdrawal syndrome.  Which resulted in aggression, violence and arrest.  I'm interested if anyone has advice or information on how withdrawal syndrome has been addressed in legal situations and what results were.  I'd be happy to provide more details if it would be helpful.  Thanks for any help that you can offer.

rapunzel2

read Peter Breggin's "Medication Madness" - it's full of stories of legal situations regarding drugs. it may give you some ideas. 

compsports

Hi.  I have a friend that I believe may have suffered from withdrawal syndrome.  Which resulted in aggression, violence and arrest.  I'm interested if anyone has advice or information on how withdrawal syndrome has been addressed in legal situations and what results were.  I'd be happy to provide more details if it would be helpful.  Thanks for any help that you can offer.

sdb3000,

I have seen TV advertisements from law firms about contacting them if you have suffered adverse affects from psych meds.   Maybe these same folks would be helpful regarding your friend?  Unfortunately, I forgot the names but may be a google search will find some possibilities?

I could have easily been in your friend's situation and thank my lucky stars I wasn't.   Best of luck to him/her.

CS

Rhiannon

I would contact Dr. Breggin, who has for decades testified as a psychiatric expert in just these sorts of cases. He may not be taking new cases but he might know whom to refer your friend to. Good luck!

UnfoldingSky

If you can't get Dr. Breggin you could also try contacting Dr. David Healy, he might also have some suggestions. He's been an expert witness in legal cases as well I believe.  He's in Wales though so I'd try Breggin first.

compsports

It doesn't hurt to try Dr. Breggin.  Unfortunately, he may not be very responsive as in the past, on other issues, he has claimed to be too busy.

sdb3000

Thanks everyone for replying and for your advice.  I'm going to follow up on these.  Please continue to post if new ideas arise.