SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

tgirl: help tapering from remeron

tgirl

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tg.

I just caught up with your thread. I have gone the compounding route. It's easy but more expensive. I'm not sure how long it lasts but you should be able to ask your compounding pharmacist this question and also ask them to make it up in smaller batches when you get down to lower levels and it's lasting longer and longer. That's why I did. Just work with your compounder

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgirl

• bubble

• Petunia

• dalsaan

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Silverstar, I have had nose sores very painful, ..I do know what you mean about family members not understanding, the way I see it is, if they don't experience it for themselves, then it's difficult for them to fully understand.,..my withdrawals kick in every time I'm lowering doses, from migraines, feeling lethargic, anxiety, panic...hands and feet numbness,.dry mouth,..vision loss..low blood pressure... ...irregular heartbeats...trouble hearing, tinnitus...joint pain...constipation....geez the list can go on...I don't usually tell anyone, as I know it can sound exaggerated, and hard to believe, so I keep it to myself most of the time,..try looking into inositol&ip6 supplement do some research on it...for me its been helping a lot with withdrawals,..also I changed my diet eating veggies and fruits,..trying to cut out processed foods and sugars, now that's been tough.....hang in there Silverstar...

Not doing well today.

Haging burning skin and adrenaline.

I did cook dinner.

And I did manage to eat.

I am having a really hard time excepting this.

that my life may be over.

that I may never be that same person I was just 6 short months ago.

I can't get over how bad I feel. For my family too.

most of all I'm really scared and trying to find an easy way out.

I don't want to be a burden.

I don't want to be an embarrassment to my son or my husband.

I'm restring with this hard!

I don't know what to do. I'm scared and confused and just emty feeling.

I'm concerned about my weight.

I'm concerned about everything greatly!

Don't know the absolutely best way to get out of this.

don't know how long I will be able to hang on like this.

my heart is heavy.

today I went to kohl's and all the Christmas stuff is out.

I used to love it!

I watched all the people (normal) and wished I was like them.

I hurt terrably!

It's really taxing!

I'm tired of living this way.

my mind keeps leading to my husband asking me for a divorce and my dad who thinks I need to be medicated getting his hands on me and me going into the hospital and being given multiple drugs and finally me living on the streets! Like so many others. ( makes you wonder how they ended up there?? Did this happen to them??

Makes me want to end it more. Firstly so I don't have to keep replaying it in my mind and secondly WHAT OF IT'S MY REALITY???

So it's got me thinking of sooner than later. Why continue to ruin my family?

I would rather be remembered the way I was. Not who I am now.

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

You're not listening to what you are being told.

All of these ideas are exaggerations caused by the withdrawal itself.

(For example, you can't possibly end up living on the street.)

You are feeling this way Not because of any permanent damage, but because

you dropped way too fast, no different from a cold turkey.

Go to the ER and tell them you need a prescription for Remeron.

Start taking 15 mgs a day. Wait at least a month before doing anything else.

I think it's always good for you to post, but this advice can only be repeated so many times.

Sept 12th 1992-began taking Imipramine (50mgs) for panic attacks.

Stopped Imipramine after 4 months (cold turkey).

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

March 1999-switched from Imipramine (50mgs) to Celexa.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

Nov 15th 2010-Began tapering from 75mgs Effexor Generic.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

April 17th 2014-      .03mgs

May 11th 2014-       .02mgs

Ended taper October 31st 2014

Oct 4th 2015-11 months post taper and completely back to normal!

I have all of these thoughts - I too have thought I would end up on the streets with maybe a heroin addiction too...ludicrous. When I was in a kind of window I realised just how ludicrous these thoughts were....it's the drugs, not you.

Everything you have said here I have said, and much more. There was a member on here (or it may have been the other site), that messaged me. He lives in another country and I was planning on running away and finding him to live with him...because he understood me! For God sake...I never could leave my children for one night before all of this. I laugh about it now as I'm sure this guy wouldn't have appreciated a foreign mad women turning up on his doorstep! I've had many more thoughts lately but I know now they are stupid and will pass.

Just keep telling yourself it's the drugs...it's not you.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

tgirl, my mind can be overactive and reach for things that seem credible but in the end are impossible. I end up with exaggerated thoughts and I run with them sometimes bursting into tears and thinking that life is over. It never is. I have a what I call a relapse prevention plan and in it are things like what could I do to distract my thoughts for a while and I have a whole list of things to do, like play with my cat, watch one episode of a TV drama I own, call a friend, call lifeline and speak to  a confidential counselor (usually when I feel really bad) try reading etc etc. Also flicking back through your own thread can help because sometimes I have been given a link and I forget to look but looking back always seems to help. Do you have any hobbies to distract your thoughts? Distraction is what I know I need to use but sometimes forget, hence the list on my wall. You could give it a go and see. You never know until you try.

All medications::

Xanax (1995-96), Aropax (1995-96), Mellaril (1997-2000), Efexor (1997-2002), Seroquel (2000-now), Lithium Carbonate (2000-now), Avanza (2002-05), Epilim (2005), Seroquel-XR (2000-now), Zyprexa (2002-14), Raberprazole (2000-now prn), Crestor (2009-15), Gabapentin (2009-12), Lamictal (2010-now), Abilify (2011-now) Lyrica (2012-now), Diazepam (2010-now prn), Saphris (2014), Respiridone (2014), Chlorpromazine (2014) Neulatil (07/2016)

Current medications:

Lithium Carbonate 750mg; Seroquel-XR 600mg800mg 04/16, 600mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 200mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 500mg 04/16; Lamictal 250mg 200mg150mg 04/16; Lyrica 300mg; Abilify 20mg 30mg 11/15 Zoloft 25mg 04/16 ceased after a week due to severe suicidal thoughts; Seroquel 25mg prn; Diazepam 40mg CT Jan 2013, 5mg occasionally, (massive med changes in April 2016 due to a hospital admission).

SupplementsFish oil 4000mgMagnesium 100mg Niacinamide 1000mgSlippery Elm 800mg , B12 1000mcg, Zinc 50mg, B6 100mg, Vitamin D 2000IU, Calcium 1200mgP5P 100mg, Vitamin C 2000mg, Vitamin E 400IU

Thank you H, M & c,

I have no hobbies. In fact I can't think of how I spent all my time before being on this drug!

Perhaps being a mother. Now my son is 16 and no longer needs me much.

I'm not good at anything that I know of?

Gosh where have I been?

Strange.

Will manage.

it is the drug! It is the drug!

Sigh

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Hi tgirl  hope you're getting some relief today!!

2008-2010 seroxat 40mg for panic attacks

2010-2012 seroxat 20mg 

2012 stopped seroxat(cold turkey) because of feeling perfect but after 2 months the panic attacks and other symptoms started again

Reinstated seroxat on 60mg but no effect (depression induced,low mood,and many other side effects)

Effexor 300mg for 1 month didn't work

2013-2014 Anafranil 100mg (tricyclic) 5-6 months feeling good but after that not feeling very good

Add maprotiline 50mg (tetracyclic) some improvement but i stopped maprotiline because i didn't want to be on cocktail

2014 Generalized anxiety disorder stopped and reinstated anafranil 150mg

2015 April  meds free

I am feeling terrible right now!

I'm terrified, just terrified beyond terrified!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Its all from the meds tgirl caused by the withdrawal.I am sure you will feel better very soon!!

Take care!!

2008-2010 seroxat 40mg for panic attacks

2010-2012 seroxat 20mg 

2012 stopped seroxat(cold turkey) because of feeling perfect but after 2 months the panic attacks and other symptoms started again

Reinstated seroxat on 60mg but no effect (depression induced,low mood,and many other side effects)

Effexor 300mg for 1 month didn't work

2013-2014 Anafranil 100mg (tricyclic) 5-6 months feeling good but after that not feeling very good

Add maprotiline 50mg (tetracyclic) some improvement but i stopped maprotiline because i didn't want to be on cocktail

2014 Generalized anxiety disorder stopped and reinstated anafranil 150mg

2015 April  meds free

I am so angry today.

Angry at my doc for putting me on this pill.

yes, I know I'm that one that took it!

And I'm the one who will pay the price.

I think it's illegal!

I think it's sad.

I think it's terrifying.

And to think I paid him to do this to me.

that's right he's making money MONEY off my misery.

How does that sound?

I'm sure he doesn't even lose a wink of sleep over me.

Sickens me.

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

How many more people is this going to take?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Tgirl I know how you feel. All of this with no warning or acknowledgement from the Pharmaceutical companies or doctors that these are serious drugs with serious side affects and are habit forming and can be just as harmful and life affecting as stigmatized drugs!

I am also having issues with Remeron, and feel trapped being dependent on taking it. I had luck splitting my dose in two to take twice a day to achieve a lower constant concentration in my blood. About to take my next step in dose reduction. I went from 30mg to 15mg twice a day. If you can just ride it out and maybe take 7.5 in the morning and at night until you stabilize and feel better you will be in a good spot by being at a good starting place at a low dose to prepare to jump off all together! That is my plan, to split my 15mg down to 10 and to 7.5. I am having trouble being patient because I am worried the effects of remeron will start to habitualize my brain. I feel much different, and not for the better, after taking remeron. Lowering my dose is helping, but I am still worried that mirtazapine is doing more than I initially thought

How long were you talking remeron and what was your highest dose?

Where are you from?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Tgirl I hope you are getting a window from your deep wave of withdrawal pain.

I write here because I was on remeron for about 5 years.  It's called "avanza" here.  But I took it in the USA too.  For a long time, it was my only psych med, maybe 5 years.

My pdoc here decided that it was making me hypomanic (questionable, I had symptoms, but does anyone ask WHY I feel the way I do?  I was adjusting to a new country and trying to reach out and feel normal!) so she cross tapered me off of it.  This was LONG BEFORE I knew about the 10% taper for psych meds.

By the end, I was on the sol-tab, and she had me split it in half for 3 weeks, and then go off it.  But at the same time, she decided I needed lithium, so she was "cross-tapering:"  bringing up the lithium while bringing down the remeron/avanza/mirtazapine.  The lithium protected me from remeron withdrawal side effects, I'm sure of it.

Please keep in mind - it is difficult to tell when you have no signature line (please put up a signature line, and please read other people's lines, sometimes your questions are answered there)  - that you may also be suffering from withdrawal from neurontin and seroquel.  Those drugs would've protected you somewhat from the remeron withdrawal, BUT they have withdrawal problems of their own.  ALL psych drugs do.

My friends and I describe it like this:  taking a psych drug is like putting a giant finger into the middle of your brain and wiggling it around.  It causes things to happen.  But if you pull that finger out all at once the brain goes completely haywire, trying to recover.  It is important to pull the finger out a little at a time and give the brain time to adjust before pulling it out again.

You on the other hand, have been on the psych med roller coaster:  try this - then this, then take that away, add this, try that, take it away - and how do you feel?  That finger has been in and out of your brain so many times no wonder you feel violated...and no wonder your brain is in hardship.

Try and go easy on yourself.  There's tons of good advice in here - you are in the RIGHT PLACE (Surviving Antidepressants) to get the best help in the world!  calithebold's suggestion that you have a "list of things you can try" when you are feeling out of sorts.  Here's my list, for an example:

Take a walk

Do some yoga

Listen to music 

Alternatively, go for a drive in the car and listen to music (my best stereo is in the car!)

Pat the cat

Text someone (not about my problems but about anything, even just to say hi)

Call someone

Read

Watch videos on the computer

Read articles on the computer (whether news or medical stuff or archeology, whatever's interesting)

Play stupid games on facebook

Watch an episode of Xena, Warrior Princess (or whatever your fancy is)

All of these things distract me from my pain, and there are different levels of involvement.  It doesn't take a "firing brain" to play stupid games on facebook or text a friend or watch Xena.  But if I feel stronger, I can pursue videos or articles on the computer about knowledge (I'm watching Cosmos from the 70's) or read books.

So in answer to your question, I came off remeron about 10 years ago, in about 6 weeks, but my taper was protected by lithium (which I'm now coming off of).  But your story also involves coming off Neurontin and Seroquel as well.  These are strong drugs, and your poor brain has been crying.  I hope it gets smoother for you.  

For the people in your lives, are they on the internet?  Will they read books?  There are videos and books we can recommend to help get people on your team.  The first one is the Icarus Harm Reduction Guide to Coming Off Drugs.  http://www.theicarusproject.net/HarmReductionGuideComingOffPsychDrugs  For the best starting video, there is Will Hall, and his comforting views about drug withdrawal: http://http://willhall.net/video-on-coming-off-medications-a-harm-reduction-approach/

PLEASE listen to the advice here from people who have been through it.  Otherwise, you are just yelling into the void.  These people know what they are talking about, they know even more than many medical specialists (though please note, they are not doctors).  

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Help!

I am really struggling today!

I try to be possitive, but can't muster the strength!

I feel so consumed by this.

I feel brain dead.

I feel scared.

Thank you Jan for your kind words and advice.

Are there any other success stories on remeron?

Please anyone????

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Can anyone tell how to delete some of my messages from my message box?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

• Administrator

Click on the big red Delete button above the message you're reading, OR

Click on the checkboxes in the My Conversations list, scroll to the bottom of the list, select Delete from the drop-down menu, click on the Go button.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you much Alto!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

I am sorry tgirl for your suffering. But you are not alone, and it will pass. It may seem unbearable today, but it will improve. Just give it time, stability, and more time and it will be better.

July 2011 - nasty anxiety crisis (lost job, became not functional, couldn't exit the house alone)
August 2011 - started 10mg Paxil  and October 2011 - 20mg (one month on 20mg)
November 2011 - starting slowly to decrease the dose at the pace my body supported. Down to 2.5 mg in January 2013 (17.5, 15, 12.5, 10, 7.5, 5, 3.7, 2.5) - at least one month at each step. Got a new job.
April 2013 - stopped completely, crashed after 2 weeks, and reinstalled 2.5mg, recovered fast.
September 2013 - started decreasing again, slower, down to 1 mg in December 2013
December 2013 - free of Paxil
March 2014 - another crash, exactly 3 months after stopping, after 2 weeks of horrors, reinstalled 1 mg - feeling better after one week.
March 2014 - July 2014: going slowly down: 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.77mg, 0.64mg
end of July 2014 - Paxil free, hopefully forever this time.

Jan 2024 update - Still Paxil free, feeling good. 

Tgirl,

Have you tried magnesium yet?

It really helped with my anxiety.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Last night I woke up with what felt like electricity surging through my body?

Anyone have that happen?

I am very scared!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

• Moderator Emeritus

I've had that Tgirl, it was part of withdrawal for me, it does get better, I haven't had the electric shocks for

quite a while now. I hope it was a one off for you, it can be scary but you will be fine. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Last night I woke up with what felt like electricity surging through my body?

Anyone have that happen?

I am very scared!

Yes, they have caused me insomnia. I know u are scared. I am too. I will pray for you. I'm up right now, knowing I will probably not sleep.

I'm so sorry for you.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

• Moderator Emeritus

Tgirl, I don't know if this helps or not, but remeron was one of the drugs Robin Williams was on.  

So your hardship with this drug is real.  You will see that other people here have had similar symptoms.  

I see someone asked you about magnesium, can someone send her a link to the best thread that will help her understand why magnesium is so important?  I learned about it from several sources.

Thank you for the signature line, it helps immensely.

Thinking of you - all of these terrible things are not uncommon among survivors.  You are not crazy, it's the drug.  Have you up-dosed as many people thought you should?

Take care, Jan

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Update:

I visited the new pdoc today.

When I asked her if she had any other patents withdrawl from remeron?

She said she has, but none that have the symptoms that I do.

She said I should go in the hospital.

And tried to give me another script!!

What a waste of money and time.

I'm so disappointed.

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Tgirl,

I noticed you are taking a thyroid medicine. Do you think something could have changed with your thyroid back in September when all the symptoms started? Maybe you should get it checked out.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Thanks chicken,

I have already had that checked out.

it was fine.

Alto,

What I forgot to mention is that I was on paxil for 5 years about 11 years ago and had no hard time getting off.

However what kicked off this whole remeron thing was that I was having anxiety again so I went to my family doc and she put me on paxil again and I had a very bad reaction to it. Almost identical to what I'm experiencing now.thus leading me to the remeron.

Could that have hurt me?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

The reinstatement was after 5 years off paxil.

Thank you Alto

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Sounds similar to me. I had been off prozac for about 4 years before a severe bout of anxiety set in from a traumatic situation in my life. Tried taking prozac for a month again. It was a nightmare. I think it kindled. Sent me to the ER three times. Doc ended up putting me on Remeron, tranxene and seroquel. Luckily I had no bad experience after that until I had tapered Remeron down and tried to quit at 3.75mg.

It is highly possible that you experienced a kindling effect of trying to take paxil again after being off of it for so long.

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Update:

I visited the new pdoc today.

When I asked her if she had any other patents withdrawl from remeron?

She said she has, but none that have the symptoms that I do.

She said I should go in the hospital.

And tried to give me another script!!

What a waste of money and time.

I'm so disappointed.

Are u sleeping?

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

No, not much! Had a very bad day today. Was up all night with heartburn. So I took a couple of tums and then had Diarra and vomiting. So I basically haven't slept in 2 days.

I'm having a really tough time here.

yesterday I was in rough shape all day.

trying to decide of what to do.

I feel like this pill is poison to my system.

I don't feel right mentally or physically!

I am really scared here.

terrified really.

I'm thinking of going into the hospital.

I don't know what else to do???

I don't feel well physicallY or mentally.

I'm at a loss of what to do from here.

my family doesn't know what to do with/ for me. My husband is so sick of all this.

I just want to be well again.

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Am feeling very suicidal today!

I don't have much left in me to fight this thing!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Ok. Well, hospital may mean more drugs which may make u worse because you are already destabilized. Your nervous system may not be able to handle that. And u could end up worse off. But, if u feel unsafe, then go. I contemplate going every couple days, but I feel like the stress of the new environment would push me over the edge.

Let me look at your drug history, I'm no expert but will have better idea. Give me a min.

Ok, you know, I really don't know. If u feel unsafe, go. But WD Is hideous, and that is what is happening with you. :-/