tgirl: help tapering from remeron

tgirl

Updose.

Sept 12th 1992-began taking Imipramine (50mgs) for panic attacks.

Stopped Imipramine after 4 months (cold turkey).

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

March 1999-switched from Imipramine (50mgs) to Celexa.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

Nov 15th 2010-Began tapering from 75mgs Effexor Generic.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

April 17th 2014-      .03mgs

May 11th 2014-       .02mgs

Ended taper October 31st 2014

Oct 4th 2015-11 months post taper and completely back to normal!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgirl

• bubble

• Petunia

• dalsaan

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi tgirl,

How are you feeling today?  Have you been able to get some sleep now?

If you go to the hospital, you will most likely be given more drugs, but if you need to do that for your safety, then that's what you need to do. Perhaps as Hudgens wrote, a small updose could possibly help.  But this is probably a wave and will pass soon.

The good thing is that you haven't been on these drugs long, it may take a little while longer, but I'm certain you will recover completely if you take good care of yourself and don't add any new drugs.

How is your diet and are you able to get some regular exercise?

Many people find magnesium helpful, see  Magnesium, Nature's Calcium Channel Blocker

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tg,

It could be that your heartburn, diarrhoea  and vomiting were viral.   I just had that.  These things go round quite frequently.  Because withdrawal is so unpredictable and widespread in terms of its impact we can often not explore other explanations.   we also struggle with any additional illness because we've got enough to deal with.

Please try and hold open a space that says it might be this, perhaps it will pass etc.   From my perspective, a key part to managing withdrawal is to hold it lightly in our hands.   By that I mean be attentive but not heavily invested.   Naming everything that happens as 'withdrawal' then despairing that it will never end is detrimental to our immediate and long term health.  This I have learnt - the hard way.

Our loved ones do experience compassion fatigue.   Do you have a suicide/counselling help line you could call to express how you feel?

And, yes perhaps a tiny updose is worth considering.

Your thoughts?

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

How much would you updose? I've been on 7.5 for over a month?

Thank you Dalsaan.

Much appreciated!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

I would try even 8.5 and see if anything changes. Always be conservative with dose changes

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hope you feel better!!!! Are u ok??

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I had to up dose I was gutted to have to do so because like you have said before it's like you have been through hell for nothing and it's a step back I felt like a failure. But it really worked for me. I just tried upping little by little until I felt a bit better so maybe 8.5. I can't guarantee it will help you but I guess you have to look at all your options.

Really hope you find some relief soon t girl x

Feb 2013 - started Mirtazapine 15 mg have CFS /ME

did 6 months of tapering to 0 mg

2 months drug Free awful withdrawal

May 2014 reinstated at 6 mg

August 2014 - 5 mg. October 2014 - 4 mg. November - 3.8 mg

December - 3.6 mg. Jan upped to 3.8 holding for a while

Hope you ok xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Just stopping in to say "Hello", tgirl. Hope you have some better days soon.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I am hanging in. Ended up getting some sleep over the weekend which made a big difference. I also have been eating a lot better which I believe is connected to how well I sleep, if that makes sense.

However, now I find myself right back where I started! No sleep! No eat! Cortisol and burning skin.

This is madness!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

I agree--total madness! Glad you got some sleep over the weekend, though. I had about three better (still not good) days that came to an abrupt end about midday yesterday. Worst night I have had yet:( I can't eat or sleep either. On decent days, I can usually eat a little later on in the day.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Hi tgirl, thank you for stopping by my post, it means a lot to me. I with you in this horrible battle. Hope you catch a window soon.

Hugs

Sky

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

I am beginning to think that no matter what I do, my life is never going to be the same.

I fear that I'm never going to see that girl that I was just months ago!

It's freightning how down hill I've gone!

I don't even recognize myself.

When will this end?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Hi t, I had quite a normal day yesterday (best day in months!) I was thinking of Xmas and wanting to do nice things with family it was lovely. Thought I was on the up.

Then today wham, really down,no motivation, horrible thoughts. Like a horrible fog has covered me again. Gut pain, feel sick!!

It is complete madness and evil, it try's to trick you.

Hang in t, better days will come.

Started diazepam when needed june2013

Various antidepressants citalopram, sertraline amytriptaline upto nov2013

Dependant on diazepam 3 mg daily with amitryptaline 10mg march2014

Start of June Changed to mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg for about 2weeks while fast taper from diazepam .5mg a week.

Back down to 15mg mirtazapine and down to 1 mg diazepam end of June.

During July tried to stop mirtazapine 7.5mg for 2 weeks then off still on 1 mg diazepam.

August back on 15mg mirtazapine down to 0.8mg diazepam

End of August escitalopram 10mg tried to cross taper from 15mg mirtazapine cut to 7.5 for 2 weeks but couldn't still 0.8 diazepam. 10/11/2014 Jumped from diazepam cutting .2 every 2weeks

10 weeks on 10mg escitalopram felt crazy!! Down to 5mg for 2 weeks and off (dreadfull mind changing) off 17/11/14

17/11/14Trying to stabise on 15mg mirtazapine

Tgirl, I just read your whole thread. I'm very sorry about what you're going through. I can identify with many of your feelings and thoughts. I also feel I will never be the same person I used to be and the one I want to be. I also feel I want to end this. But the few windows I've had in which I can see and feel life as something good and beautiful and the hope to be able to enjoy my friends, family and passions again, is what's making me hang in there, I guess. 

I wish you healing and you'll be in my prayers. 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

Help! I'm desperate to find a way out of this!

I just don't think there is a way out!

I can't keep holding on.

I am so scared!

I'm terrified to go to the hospital and I'm terrified to not.

(I wont risk being pollydrugged)

Im so worried about all this it's all my mind is able to focus on (like ocd)!

I'm really scared you guys REALLY!

I can't find any hope in this hopeless situation.

I used to be this kind and loving girl and I'm afraid I'll never see her again.

in fact I know I won't!

I go onto this site, read other peoples threads and comment on them trying to give those a little hope, all the while not believeng in hope for myself!

I am so so sorry!

I feel like a cheat!

I just don't see a way out of this!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Updose.

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

H,

I have trit'd to updose. It just gives me anxiety x 1000!

I don't know what to do.

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Hi tgirl

All I can add is that when you're in a state of withdrawal , the thoughts and feelings can be extremely alarming and scary. To me its like being 2 different people and all those 'certainties' that you feel about your situation now, will just vanish as your other (real self) re-emerges. And it will.

Since getting onto this site ive been re-evaluating my own situation and have got hold or my medical records going back over 20 years. I can see quite a clear pattern there of having been on a drugs merry-go-round of meekly taking the meds, being ok for a while, getting bad, being offered a new drug or a higher dose. Hardly any time to get off one before starting another, etc,etc. I can now see it in the light of being in a semi-permanent state of WD. The original reason for taking the stuff was probably (naturally) resolved years ago, and its probably the side effects of these drugs that gave me time and time again the symptoms of 'depression'.

All that makes gives me a feeling of anger but also of hope cos I now understand what has been happening and how, on a forum like this you can in fact free yourself from it all.

But ive digressed a bit. ~What im saying is that in all those sad periods down the years, the 'depression' caused me to have such similar thoughts to the ones you're having.

Try to realize that your real self will just pop back; it is just temporarily submerged at the moment.

The positive to hold onto is that you're surrounded by a vast amount of knowledge and experience here and its all available to you.

Simon

. Been on some kind of meds since 1982,mainly on and off things like imipramine.,2000 on75mg venlafaxine til it bottomed out, then 150, also no good. about 7 years. Almost ct from it and put on cocktail of  Cit, Mirt and Lithium. Remained there for 7 years.

Tapered Citalopram in June2014 and was off in 6 weeks. Mood slumped about 6 weeks later. Found this site sept 5th and got some idea why this happens.18th Sept stopped lorezepam and due to misunderstanding with GP was without it for 36 hours which caused a crisis.

from 19thsept 18mg diazepam to replace lorezepam(possible addiction) 24th sept 12 mg diaz per day. 29th sept 10mg diaz per day and tapering at 1-2mg per week. At 5mg will slow down taper. At same time increase of mirtazapine to 45mg per day.

Taking fish oil and magnesium as suggested on this site.

Also have menieres syndrome, a cause of vertigo, vomiting and partial loss of hearing, also very occasional drop attacks.

As of 8th October on; Mirtazapine 45mg, Citalopram 20mg Lithium 500mg Diazepam 6mg (tapering by 2mg per week) Fish oil and magnesium

As of 25th October Mirt 45mg, Citalopram20mg Lithium 700mg Diazepam12mg

As of 12th November Mirt 37.5 Cit.20mg Lithium 700mg Diazepam 8mg (to taper after 14 days by 10%)

As of 17th November Mirt 35mg Cit 18mg Lithium 600mg Diazepam 8mg (to taper after 14 days by 10%)

As of 25th November MIrt 35mg Cit 18mg Lithium 600mg Diazepam 7mg

As of 1st December MIrt 35 Cit 18mg Lithium 600mg         Diazepam 6mg  (been stable for the last 2 weeks)

GP intervention 19 December now on 150 Ven, 37.5 Mirt, 600 Lithium  Diazepam 7mg

Thank you for posting on my thread, especially since you don't feel well either..it is much appreciated..

You will see your self again..I really thought that was the case for me too but since finding this site, I had little glimpses again..

Wishing you well xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Sorry about that, I didn't know you'd tried to updose because you didn't mention it in the thread. What did you go back up to and for how long?

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

No need to apologize Hudgens.

I went up to 8.5 for 2 days only. Could not handle the anxiety.

Thank you for your help! It is much appreciated!

Tgirl

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Tgirl, I've been rather gloomy myself lately. Hopefully it is just the withdrawal, and we will return to our usual selves eventually--even better! (Drug free)

Hey,

I'm not anywhere near close to tapering

(This I know) but how will I know that I've stabilized? And am ready to cut?

Please and thank you much!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

I'm sorry I couldn't offer more help the other day.

:( I really have no answers. How are u? I hope you are able to find just a bit of peace. That is what I look for, strive for, just a small sliver of peace to give me hope. I'm sorry you are suffering.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey,

I'm not anywhere near close to tapering

(This I know) but how will I know that I've stabilized? And am ready to cut?

Please and thank you much!

I think everyone has a different experience of what it feels like to stabilize, but I would say its when the waves of increased symptoms subside and you have reached an even level.  All your symptoms may not disappear, but they should have decreased to a tolerable level and they don't change much from day to day or moment to moment.

Also see this topic What does stabilizing mean?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Question? If I have 15 mg tablets do I mix that with 15 ml. Water and that would give me 2x 7.5 doses, correct?

Does anyone know if mirtazapine is dissolvable in water?

Thank you!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

• Moderator Emeritus

While water solubility of mirtazapine is "slight" according to http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00370
you may wish to make a suspension of it with water.

See How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

See Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine) http://survivinganti...on-mirtazapine/

If you mix a 15mg tablet into 15ml of water, each 1ml will be 1mg.  Yes, dividing this dose in half would give you 2 x 7.5mg doses.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

I had digital scales to cut mine down. I found it a lot easier.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Hi t girl, hope you are feeling a little better?

Are you thinking of tapering already??

Please be carefull as it wasn't long ago you was very sick.

Maybe start in new year and try and enjoy Christmas, just don't want you rushing.

I'd love to start tapering, but I know it is too soon!!????

Started diazepam when needed june2013

Various antidepressants citalopram, sertraline amytriptaline upto nov2013

Dependant on diazepam 3 mg daily with amitryptaline 10mg march2014

Start of June Changed to mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg for about 2weeks while fast taper from diazepam .5mg a week.

Back down to 15mg mirtazapine and down to 1 mg diazepam end of June.

During July tried to stop mirtazapine 7.5mg for 2 weeks then off still on 1 mg diazepam.

August back on 15mg mirtazapine down to 0.8mg diazepam

End of August escitalopram 10mg tried to cross taper from 15mg mirtazapine cut to 7.5 for 2 weeks but couldn't still 0.8 diazepam. 10/11/2014 Jumped from diazepam cutting .2 every 2weeks

10 weeks on 10mg escitalopram felt crazy!! Down to 5mg for 2 weeks and off (dreadfull mind changing) off 17/11/14

17/11/14Trying to stabise on 15mg mirtazapine

Just stopping in to say hello tgirl. Wishing you well.

Hope you are well :)

Merry Christmas

Hoping your are doing better tgirl, let us know how you are doing. 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

Hello there,

I've just had an ALMOST normal week!

Now I'm in the clutches again!

I went to bed last night with intrusive thoughts, terrible terrible thoughts and worries. And when I woke up I am terribly terribly depressed. Still haven't gotten out of bed. ( its 2:30 pm).I've just been lying here feeling terrible.

My muscles or tendons ache between where my trunk and arms come together. It's been this way for months. Anyone else have this??

Haven't been able to eat today at all!

Feeling hopeless :(

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Hello there,

I've just had an ALMOST normal week!

Now I'm in the clutches again!

I went to bed last night with intrusive thoughts, terrible terrible thoughts and worries. And when I woke up I am terribly terribly depressed. Still haven't gotten out of bed. ( its 2:30 pm).I've just been lying here feeling terrible.

My muscles or tendons ache between where my trunk and arms come together. It's been this way for months. Anyone else have this??

Haven't been able to eat today at all!

Feeling hopeless :(

You had an almost normal week! That is a really really good sign. I know about feeling hopeless. I'm in that hole myself at the moment. But, I haven't had a normal week in a year! Such a good sign you are stabilizing.

Hang in there. You are brave! You've already been through sooooo much!

J,

You are so right! I will try and be a little more appreciative. Especially when so many others are suffering. How is your mom?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5