☼ amro1991: Hello Community (Anti psychotic withdrawal)

amro1991

My condition is different like I said in another post...I'm the same of the first WD day: a man whose humanity has been taken away. My ability to feel, to desire, to imagine has gone since that day. I have no headaches,blurred vision, insomnia, tinnitus, slow speech, mood disorders, anxiety, tiredness. My theory is drugs has developed persistent anhedonia (currently I have no other symptoms) and this is the only symptom I had since the 23 november 2014 and that never left me event if for a minute. I start to feel I'm a unique case (ye maybe 1 on one million people), terrible and shocking...

March 2010/ October 2010:

Sereupin 30mg a day, EN 15 drops a day

October 2010/ 1st November 2014:

Cipralex 50mg a day (tapered to 40mg a day in August 2013), EN 15 drops a day (switched to Lexotan 15 drops a day in September 2014)

Started Risperdal 1mg a day on the 1st November 2014.

Stopped Risperdal on the 23 November 2014 because that day, after a short mental crysis, I suddenly lost all my emotions,desires,motivation and they not come back yet.

Stopped Cipralex C/T in December 2014.

Added, tapered and stopped other drugs during the following months (also a voluntary hospitalization in January 2015 for a suicide attempt)...no changes yet.

I'm med free from 3rd December 2015

I hope some docs will help me eventually

March 2010/ October 2010:

Sereupin 30mg a day, EN 15 drops a day

October 2010/ 1st November 2014:

Cipralex 50mg a day (tapered to 40mg a day in August 2013), EN 15 drops a day (switched to Lexotan 15 drops a day in September 2014)

Started Risperdal 1mg a day on the 1st November 2014.

Stopped Risperdal on the 23 November 2014 because that day, after a short mental crysis, I suddenly lost all my emotions,desires,motivation and they not come back yet.

Stopped Cipralex C/T in December 2014.

Added, tapered and stopped other drugs during the following months (also a voluntary hospitalization in January 2015 for a suicide attempt)...no changes yet.

I'm med free from 3rd December 2015

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Amro, I am glad to see that you are improving, thank you for the update. It is helpful and reassuring when people see that recovery is possible. 

I am going to add our 'here comes the sun' to your title, to show that you are getting better.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

My condition is different like I said in another post...I'm the same of the first WD day: a man whose humanity has been taken away. My ability to feel, to desire, to imagine has gone since that day. I have no headaches,blurred vision, insomnia, tinnitus, slow speech, mood disorders, anxiety, tiredness. My theory is drugs has developed persistent anhedonia (currently I have no other symptoms) and this is the only symptom I had since the 23 november 2014 and that never left me event if for a minute. I start to feel I'm a unique case (ye maybe 1 on one million people), terrible and shocking...

Luca don't worry too much trust me I had the same feeling that you had for at least 7 months after quitting the meds. It takes a long time to start feeling like there is hope. I still have anhedonia and cannot feel any eurphoria from smoking or drinking like I used to but at least I don't feel so bad when I do them and have negative thoughts.

Hi Amro, I am glad to see that you are improving, thank you for the update. It is helpful and reassuring when people see that recovery is possible. 

I am going to add our 'here comes the sun' to your title, to show that you are getting better.  :)

Thank you Mamma,

I have been improving and I believe it is good to recognize that better than negative reinforcement. I hope I will one day share a complete success story and until then I will update my progress to try and give hope to those that believe this is a lifetime issue.

Started on Zyprexa 15mg in January 2014
Switched to Invega in March 2014
Back to Zyprexa 5mg in June 2014
Quit anti psychotics cold turkey on September 1st 2014 after severe anhedonia and brain fog.

• 1 month later...

Hi Amro,

I'd like to share with you that I have recovered from anti-psychotic withdrawal which started in November. I've been following everyone's updates and thanks for being so positive because it helps when your going through a bad time. Your description of your symptoms echoed mine completely, especially the overwhelming sense of despair upon waking up, and the waves etc.

I started taking half a handful of dry roasted peanuts a day and have reintroduced fish into my diet, which I never previously ate because it gives me diarrhoea.

After a period of doing this I started to feel normal again. It might take longer for some than others.

Schizor got better from his withdrawal due to magnesium and fish oil. I read an article that says antipschotic withdrawal causes magnesium depletion in the brain, adn there might be some omega three involvement too.

• Administrator

Hello, Malf. Please start an Introductions topic for yourself so we can follow your progress. Good to hear you're feeling well.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I have not written on here for a while but I think it may be time for an update. I have been improving slightly over the past months and I just reached my 10 month mark. My general mood has become better and I have become much less suicidal and sad all the time like I were on meds and for at least 6 months after quitting. Speaking of symptoms that still linger with me I can say that there is still a slight brain fog and slowness in my thought process. I wonder if this will ever go away. I can come up with ideas and thoughts but I am not as witty as I was in the past. My anhedonia emotions have definitely started showing progress but it has not been improving at the rate that I want to. The only problem though that when attacks makes me very uncomfortable is the akathisia and agitation sensation. It is a very distressing side effect and really it is all that reminds that I still need to recover. I hope anyone who has had this lets me know if they have recovered from it.

I cannot predict whether I will recover completely or when that could possibly happen, but I like to share with those in my situation that things get better very slowly and gradually and that all those suicidal and sad thoughts that hit you are part of the chemicals that have entered your body and the withdrawal and not who you really are. You are happier but it is masked and once that goes away you will start feeling better hopefully soon!

Started on Zyprexa 15mg in January 2014
Switched to Invega in March 2014
Back to Zyprexa 5mg in June 2014
Quit anti psychotics cold turkey on September 1st 2014 after severe anhedonia and brain fog.

• 2 years later...
On 7/4/2015 at 9:46 PM, amro1991 said:

I have not written on here for a while but I think it may be time for an update. I have been improving slightly over the past months and I just reached my 10 month mark. My general mood has become better and I have become much less suicidal and sad all the time like I were on meds and for at least 6 months after quitting. Speaking of symptoms that still linger with me I can say that there is still a slight brain fog and slowness in my thought process. I wonder if this will ever go away. I can come up with ideas and thoughts but I am not as witty as I was in the past. My anhedonia emotions have definitely started showing progress but it has not been improving at the rate that I want to. The only problem though that when attacks makes me very uncomfortable is the akathisia and agitation sensation. It is a very distressing side effect and really it is all that reminds that I still need to recover. I hope anyone who has had this lets me know if they have recovered from it.

I cannot predict whether I will recover completely or when that could possibly happen, but I like to share with those in my situation that things get better very slowly and gradually and that all those suicidal and sad thoughts that hit you are part of the chemicals that have entered your body and the withdrawal and not who you really are. You are happier but it is masked and once that goes away you will start feeling better hopefully soon!

Hey man how are you doing now?

• 2 years later...

@amro1991 Hi....What is your progress now....have you recovered completely from it as it has been 5 years.....If you do, please share your success story..

August 2019 to November 2019 with increase in dosage = Escitalopram-ssri-20mg/day  and betacap 20.

I had told doc , anhedonia and anger increasing , so he changed drugs

December 19 to Jan 2020. = Duloxetin 20(snri) , (buproprion 150 ), betacap 20 beta blockers  

Feb 2020  - Marc 2020 =Duloxetin 30(snri) , (buproprion 150 ), betacap 20

Tapered drugs over 1 month period .