SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Britt: What to do?

Britt

• Moderator Emeritus

Britt, I've merged your new post with your initial thread to keep your history in one place. It is one thread per person in the introductions forum, this makes it easier to follow members' progress.  

Can you please update your signature?

I've read through all your posts here and not all drug changes are reflected there so it's hard to give any advice.

Also, I noticed that all the suggestions and information you were given didn't really sink in for you. So I would really advise to read your thread from the beginning. A lot of your questions have alerady been answered.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Britt

• westcoast

• Songbird

• mammaP

Top Posters In This Topic

I switched to imipramine that is new

15 + years every 3 weeks 10% taper hit zero 25-10-2014 when i started the taper 2 years ago i was taking paxil each other day for almost 2 years i got depression and it never left and i never stabelised when i was did my taper feeling very bad now and dont now what to do depression left a little when i switched to imipramine 75 mg but dont feel stable at all

Where can i update my Signature ?

15 + years every 3 weeks 10% taper hit zero 25-10-2014 when i started the taper 2 years ago i was taking paxil each other day for almost 2 years i got depression and it never left and i never stabelised when i was did my taper feeling very bad now and dont now what to do depression left a little when i switched to imipramine 75 mg but dont feel stable at all

hi britt go to your settings and pull down the signature tab.

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

Done ! Thanks nomoreheadmeds x

Does anyone know if imipramine can take over the paxil withdrawel ? Hugs

None of these drugs are interchangeable with the others. They can't "take over" the WD caused by stopping any of the others.  At best they can blunt the feeling of WD, making you feel nothing and I mean nothing.  Going onto another drug to get off of the first rarely works and it leaves you stuck on the new drug to try and get off of.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Britt are you sleeping better on imipramine ?

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

Thank you brassmonkey i had sever e depression that did not left so the doc switched me from paxil to imipramine the depression lift a little bit but i never felt that good i did on paxil ! Now the doc wants to give me paxil again but i am hesitating because i can get better then this when it is withdrawel ! Xx

Yes i sleep better on imipramine brassmonkey thanks x

Does anybody knows if it can be withdrawel from paxil now i switched to imipramine 4 months ago ?

Are the symptoms  the same 'Britt' ?

Yes up and down only less than before Some days more depressive days and that scares me i am scared that is is dysthymia and other days extreme fatique and sensitive to loud noise

• Mentor

Gosh, wish you well, only skimmed through your thread................. best wishes, and whatever,   it does get better.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the fear kills us, we do survive, off the pills, but damn taper them slowly, unlike me..................... but I am still alive, and after 12 months can see improvement/  I am 56, and if I get well in five years, I am will be happy................... 

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

'britt' try not to focus on a lable you might think you should have.

i wish you well

• 1 year later...

After 1,5 year of tapering from paxil after taking iT for 20 years i stil have Brain fog 24/7 its been 2,5 year since i stoped paxill . Does anyone knows what to do against severve Brain fog ?? Maybe suplements ? Please any advice welcome 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Britt: What to do?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Britt,

Here are some SA topics which you might find helpful:

brain-fog-blank-mind-comprehension-cognitive-and-memory-problems

Omega-3 Fish Oil

supplements-what-helps-what-doesnt

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

How long have you been off Paxil?

Be sure to get at least 1/2 hour of gentle exercise, such as walking, each day. This helps your nervous system fix itself and is good for your body health, too. The fog will very gradually lift.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 26-8-2017 at 11:17 PM, ChessieCat said:

Hello Britt,

Omega-3 Fish Oil

Thank you chessiecat x

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How long have you been off Paxil?

Be sure to get at least 1/2 hour of gentle exercise, such as walking, each day. This helps your nervous system fix itself and is good for your body health, too. The fog will very gradually lift.

Realy off 26 months and switched iT to 40 Mg imipramine but that is nothing i hope the fog lifts soon ! IT has a huge affect on my life . Doctors dont have a clue What dr is , anxiety , withdrawel  from ad

On 26-8-2017 at 11:17 PM, ChessieCat said:

Hello Britt,

Omega-3 Fish Oil

Thank you so Much 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, Britt said:

After 1,5 year of tapering from paxil after taking iT for 20 years i stil have Brain fog 24/7 its been 2,5 year since i stoped paxill . Does anyone knows what to do against severve Brain fog ?? Maybe suplements ? Please any advice welcome 

2.5 years is still early days.

I like Altos idea of exercise. 

You are going to have to be patient. And I would be thinking in years not months.

My brain fog went on in a very disabling state for pretty much  5 years in my paxil wdl. In time it slowly cleared even now I still feel I am coming out of a fog. But its not disabling anymore. 

Sadly I now see you are now taking imipramine. It is best to avoid adding drugs to the wdl process. 

5 hours ago, Britt said:

switched iT to 40 Mg imipramine but that is nothing

I assume this happened Oct 16?

Did your doctor tell you that this is going to have to be tapered.

I don't know what your doctor told you but this drug is not 'nothing' some people have found tricyclic ads extremely difficult to stop after years of exposure. 

I am sorry your doctor has switched you to imiprimine.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

For your information here is the link:  tips-for-tapering-off-imipramine-tofranil/

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

13 hours ago, nz11 said:

You are going to have to be patient. And I would be thinking in years not months.

My brain fog went on in a very disabling state for pretty much  5 years in my paxil wdl. In time it slowly cleared even now I still feel I am coming out of a fog. But its not disabling anymore. 

Sadly I now see you are now taking imipramine. It is best to avoid adding drugs to the wdl process. 

I don't know what your doctor told you but this drug is not 'nothing' some people have found tricyclic ads extremely difficult to stop after years of exposure. 

Thank you for replying xxx

11 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

For your information here is the link:  tips-for-tapering-off-imipramine-tofranil/

Thanky

Thank you ! X

Thank you xx

13 hours ago, nz11 said:

Thankxx

13 hours ago, nz11 said:

Thankxx

• 2 weeks later...

When do feelings come back mine are gone since stopping paxil 2,5 years ago Does anyone know What to do ? Could this be a withdrawel symptom ? 

• 1 month later...

Somebody recovered after 2,5 years withdrawel ?