Britt: What to do?

Britt

Thanks mamap Yes i still got paxil i am not taking it but i have paxil left x

15 + years every 3 weeks 10% taper hit zero 25-10-2014 when i started the taper 2 years ago i was taking paxil each other day for almost 2 years i got depression and it never left and i never stabelised when i was did my taper feeling very bad now and dont now what to do depression left a little when i switched to imipramine 75 mg but dont feel stable at all

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Britt

• westcoast

• Songbird

• mammaP

Top Posters In This Topic

Do i have to take that ?

15 + years every 3 weeks 10% taper hit zero 25-10-2014 when i started the taper 2 years ago i was taking paxil each other day for almost 2 years i got depression and it never left and i never stabelised when i was did my taper feeling very bad now and dont now what to do depression left a little when i switched to imipramine 75 mg but dont feel stable at all

• Moderator Emeritus

Alto suggested a very tiny amount of 0.2mg, there is a small chance that it could help and such a small dose

that it would not have the same side effects as larger doses. Be careful though and check the use by date on

the bottle. If the bottle is unopened it will be fine but if it has been opened it will have deteriorated and lost it's 

strength.   Don't be tempted to try a higher dose thinking that it is too small, it is easy to think that more is better 

but it isn't in this case. Let us know if you do try it, and don't leave it too long if you do decide to try, the more time 

that passes the less likely it is to help. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thank you so much for the reply i will get a new bottle ! X

Is there anybody who has done a slow taper 1,5 years after 15 years of use and did not get waves and Windows ???? I stopped paxil for almost 3 months now and feel so so bad every day ? Please help me x

My main symptoms are not sleep-in 2 or 3 hours and when i close my eyes all those thoughts in my head keep popping up and when i am awake i cant stop thinking what kind of mental illnes i got it scares the hel out of me ! Am i the only one who got this ? Al my problems are mental !

Nobody ? ????

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad Britt. Sadly your taper was too fast for you and complicated by taking paxil every other day for such a long time.  You are suffering from withdrawal and not a mental illness, it is terrifying but it will pass.  I have experience of the awful insomnia and intrusive thoughts and know how distressing it can be. 

This will pass Britt, it really will. Did you get more paxil? 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks again mama p ! Do you really think that after a slow taper i am having so severe mental problems ? Did you ever heard of that before ?

I am getting paxil this afternoon ! Blehhhhh

And i dont have Windows and waves ???? maybe paxil destroyed my brain

• Moderator Emeritus

No sweetheart, it hasn't destroyed your brain, it is withdrawal. It will get better in time, read through some introduction topics and you will see many people who have been scared just like you are now. It will get better but takes time. I have felt the same and wanted to die rather than live with my broken brain. It wasn't broken, just scrambled, and is nearly better. 

Wish I could give you a real hug but can't so sending a virtual one. {{{}}}

2002  effexor. 

Hugs for you to !!!! But did you also do a slow taper ? Xxxx

I have read your topic mamap and sendig you more hugs and kisses

I am starting with 2,5 mg of paxil is that ok ?

What dose did you drop off at in Oct.?

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

Alto suggested a very tiny amount of 0.2mg, there is a small chance that it could help and such a small dose

that it would not have the same side effects as larger doses.

Britt,

please note what Alto suggested, it is two tenths of a milligram, not the two and a half milligrams you said you planned on taking. There is a big difference here.

Are you able to measure out a dose of that size, 0.2 mg?

Here is Alto's post:

Britt -- It sounds to me like the skipping doses you did earlier when you were taking Paxil started the withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal symptoms come from a destabiilized nervous system.

Our nervous systems are much happier when they are in a stable environment.

Although you had the symptoms of a destabilized nervous system, when you did some tapering, it continued shaking up your nervous system. Decreasing dosages, even when very gradual, can also be destabilizing.

This is why you've been feeling terrible for 2 years. It sounds to me like you have had a destabilized nervous system from changing your Paxil dosage throughout that time.

Often, people who are tapering and start getting withdrawal symptoms can help their nervous systems stabilize if they stop changing the dosage. They stop tapering and take one low dose for some time, perhaps a few months or more.

Thank you all ! I tapered til 0,2 mg liguid paxil that was till last week i have ringing in my ears and bad sleep, anxiety brain fog

Do you have any Paxil left? You could take 0.2mg Paxil again; take it every day at the same time. If this helps you feel a little better, you may wish to take 0.2mg for some months, then very carefully taper off even that tiny amount.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Ok ! But i am so scared and tought maybe i need the paxil and updose an d after a while when i feel better i taper very slow ! I had Side effects al through my taper ! Confused and dont know what to do now !

Been to the docter i said i had never ending thoughts anxious verry bad sleep ringing ears and no fun in what so ever ! She said it is dysthymic its now way you can have withdrawel symptoms after 2,5 months of of paxil ! What do you think of starting with 2,5 mg liquid paxil wait till i am stabelised and from there starting a verry low taper ? Do you think that Some people need paxil ? Thank you all so much for replying !!! X

Britt,

I have repeated Alto's recommendation for you above but if you want to do something else that is your choice. We don't recommend going back on a dose that was much higher than your last dose since you have been off it for such a long time, you could react badly to the medication and feel much worse. It is the INITIAL starting dose that is the problem, not that you might choose to do "a verry low taper".

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

:(no, I don't  think ANYBODY needs paxil

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Cymbaltawithdrawel5600 i mean a slow taper !

What to do ? Go back on 5 and from there a slow taper ?

Thanks cymbaltawitdrawel ! X

• Moderator Emeritus

Been to the docter i said i had never ending thoughts anxious verry bad sleep ringing ears and no fun in what so ever ! She said it is dysthymic its now way you can have withdrawel symptoms after 2,5 months of of paxil

Your doctor is wrong, she doesn't know the new information.  Please listen to the videos linked at the bottom of my signature, especially the last 2.

You could take 0.2mg Paxil again; take it every day at the same time. If this helps you feel a little better, you may wish to take 0.2mg for some months, then very carefully taper off even that tiny amount.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thanks petunia ! I will take 0,2 liquid paxil ! I think ive got adul add to ! Maybe thats why i am feeling so bad also and i cant live a normal life without medications i think paxil masked the symptoms of add ! What do you think ? X

• Administrator

Britt, what makes you think you have ADD?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Racing thoughts cant concentrate overthinking why my depression does not lift anxiety sleep problems brain fog thinking why i takes so long to recover ! I tapered slowly so i think there must be something else thats wrong with me ! I dont have Windows ! Every day is such a struggle ???? i have to do something to make this a little more to handle when i tapered i never felt stable because of the depression and thought when i take the last paxil and give i Some time i should get a little more easier but it dont and i have a daugther to take care off

Hey Britt, have you done relaxation techniques such as mindfulness, daily walks and 'changing the channel' as it is said in the symptoms forum maybe that will help with the distress. Maybe you could try melatoning to sleep. I know how hard this is since I am in a wave right now. Hope you feel better soon.....

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

Thanks purple stars ! Yes i did mindfulness and i am doing daily walks in the parc i have many symptoms but the worst is the depression that does not lift and thats why i dont have Windows or have to start with a little dose of paxil or maybe same - e or something ! Hoop you feel better soon also !!

I have to take something for the depression because i cant handle it much longer ! Help please !

Sorry i gave up to be paxil free it started more than 2 years a go i was still taking paxil 20 mg for 15 years but was it by terrible depression i thought maybe it is the med so i started to taper i never felt stable and tapered 10 % every three weeks the depression lift a little and i am now almost 3 months off and i have never had a window i cant handle it anymore and i have to take care of my daugther i was lucky that my mom helped a lot ! I took 1,5 liquid paxil this morning and i hope i will get a little bit better ! It scares the hell out of me i will always be like this i did exercise good food no alcohol etc ????

It's horrible when it feels never ending..hope you feel better soon!

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Hello, Britt. I was told I had ADD when I was withdrawing from Effexor, which is a drug a lot like Paxil. The ADD meds made me much, much worse. I hope the videos help. All the agitation and raw nerves are very likely you Paxil withdrawal. And yes, 2.5 months is normal. Sorry you are suffering. You have found a place where people believe you.

[edit:sorry, I hit Reply twice]

WC

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

Thanks wc ! And did you have add or was it the withdrawel ?

Thankxx joannad ! X