anyone here actually recovered

angie007

I was thinking about 'recovery stories' today.

Alto, I have an idea. I think you said you'd invited some people who have recovered to SA but they did not join. It makes sense that those who have recovered are moving on and don't want to stay and relive difficult times. So I could see where they wouldn't want to spend much time on the message boards. It could be quite draining... Perhaps instead they could write up their recovery story and send it to you (or another admin) to be posted in a thread on SA? In other words, they wouldn't need to interact with people or even have an SA account.

It would definitely help me to read about someone who has pulled through, even if I couldn't ask him/her any questions. And those folks who have recovered might be more willing to share their stories if they could just write it up and send it along without feeling like they had to 'get involved' with the SA community if they didn't feel so inclined.

Just a thought. I think we all could use some success stories. I'm all for ways could make it easier for those stories to get posted.

History is approximate; I didn't track my dosages.

1995 - started zoloft/sertraline for depression

1995-2008 - sertraline ranged from 100-200mg, may have gone as high as 250mg

2006 - 2009 - added welbutrin/budeprion SR, 150 mg

sometime in 2009-2010 - stopped budeprion c/t

sometime around 2009-2010, Tapered down sertraline w/o guidance to 50 mg, then 25mg.

~ feb 2010, stopped sertraline.

~ Apr 2010, resumed 25mg low dose (really bad business trip)

Oct 2010, stopped sertraline

Jan 2011 - another bad business trip "breaks" my sleep.

current issues include insomnia, anxiety, GI distress, depression.

Taking multivitamins, Vitamin D, fish oil, Chinese herbs, ~ 0.5mg melatonin in the evening.

Going to therapy and acupuncture once a week.

That's a great idea, Ajay!! I could really use some success stories... Even links to success stories somewhere else, when people find them.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy