Ssriwarrior

Shamanic healing

frasier23

Dont want to be a downer but I Would recommend everyone out there that is desperate for help to not go TOO DEEP into Shamanism. Ive seen several people end up in very bad places

after they have started to go deep into Shamanism (and literally believing everything about it). Ofcourse it was a combination of mental illness and Shamanism,.If you hear voices or having thought disturbances I would advise to not look into Shamanism right now.

buzon624
11 minutes ago, frasier23 said:

Dont want to be a downer but I Would recommend everyone out there that is desperate for help to not go TOO DEEP into Shamanism. Ive seen several people end up in very bad places

after they have started to go deep into Shamanism (and literally believing everything about it). Ofcourse it was a combination of mental illness and Shamanism,.If you hear voices or having thought disturbances I would advise to not look into Shamanism right now.

I have to agree with you on that one @frasier23.  Thanks for saying something.  That has been my experience.  Going TOO deep lately as my brain is waking up from coming off meds can be unsettling.  When I am feeling anxious I focus on light breathing and grounding exercises.  Like walking outside with no shoes on.  Or letting sun hit my face on a sunny day.  Really basic calming exercises.  No deep dives into journey space.   I would caution as well seeing anyone about my issues that does not know me or my situation.    I have also seen people, including myself, go too do deep and get thrown off emotionally.  Take it slow and gentle and do your research first f it a route someone is considering for the first time.  Even long time practitioners don't go 'deep' all the time.  Set and setting have to be right in my opinion.