SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Weird body feelings

Maybe

Hello all,

besides the "normal" symptoms the thing that bothers me the most is that the body does not feel right. I cannot even describe that. Sometimes it is unnvering, sometimes it is just there. Can somebody relate? As if the whole nervous system is feeling weird. Is that wd or can it be an anxiety disorder?

End of 2008: Remeron 15mg for around 2 months. Unorthodox taper, no problems.
End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

Ye I can fully relate. In the first 2 years of WD, my whole body felt somehow "totally wrong". And that made it soooo difficult to explain to my employer and company doctor asho always wanted to know "what was my problem". Indeed your whole body and CNS are so complteley out of sync that it is not even possible to explain what are your symptoms. Just feeling a psysical and mental wreck.

It gets better in time, I am not out of the woods but feel better in many senses.

10 mg Paxil/Seroxat since 2002
several attempts to quit since 2004
Quit c/t again Oktober 2007, in protracted w/d since then
after 3.5 years slight improvement but still on the road

after 6 years pretty much recovered but still some nasty residual sypmtons
after 8.5 years working again on a 90% base and basically functioning normally again!

Thanks Claudius! It is "good" to hear that others experience the same. 90% of the time it does no bother me, so this is no huge problem. Still I was wondering if am slowly becoming nuts and feel things that are not there actually...

End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

I can relate to this too mine is 24/7

Started Seroxat(Paxil) for panic attacks in 1997 stopped the drug in 2005 tapered over 3 months ( doctors advice)

Suffered severe and protracted withdrawl ever since.

No other medication taken.

To add to my above post it is my head that I cannot explain, not a mental thing but a physical feeling that my head is out of sync.plus my body feels unbalanced and not grounded. Does this make any sense?

Started Seroxat(Paxil) for panic attacks in 1997 stopped the drug in 2005 tapered over 3 months ( doctors advice)

Suffered severe and protracted withdrawl ever since.

No other medication taken.

Yes, I think I have had that as well sometimes. But it varies very often.

• 1 month later...

Is it nomal on wd at 3 months off to feel the whole nervous system is completely out of sync?

Im a little scared to be honest, any litle thing can set this off, shaky/jittery fingers move and quiver on there own, in fact the whole body does not feel right at all, and i know the cns runs through out our bodies, but this is just eerie, its like every little nerve in the whole of my body just isnt happy at all, and i feel it all with the weird sensations it produces.

Can someone here explain this a little better?? its an odd thing to have to explain as most normal people havent a clue what im trying to say?? Does this settle down in time???

Just visiting my grandchildren was enough to set this off and produce some very strange sensations - and in order to live my life this is the sort of thing that is expected of me, other times

there is no trigger, i can wake up with this " hypersensitive nervous system". Some days i feel none of this at all.

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

Hey Angie,

Yes, this is quite normal. It will lessen with time, at least the strong arousment out of the blue. I mostly feel terrible now when I make some mistakes and push myself to much. So I can avoid triggering my cns most of the time.

Hey Maybe,

How are you doing buddy??? your sounding so much better?? hope what im thinkg is true lol.

Thankyou my friend, it means a lot to know that although this feels so very abnormal its normal for us in wd, and thanxs for letting me know that it does get better..

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

Anyone tried Magnesium for this problem??? does it help any???

Hey Angie,

Up and down, as always. Still no day without symptoms, though close to all past weeks have been endurable with onyl a few hours of worse symptoms.

They only thing I took during wd were Omega 3 acids (line seed oil) and a spoon of lecithin twice. After some months of taking the oil I could not tolerate it anymore (bloating right after taking it) and I did not feel good after the Lecithin, so I never took it again. If you can somehow endure the symptoms, do not take anything, but eating normal and healthy food. I think it is best to let the cns heal on itself without any supplements.

But that are just my two cent.

Hey Maybe,

Your defo sounding so much more positive and happier tho im happy to say, thank you my friend, i will take your advice and do absolutely nothing as in the way of suppliments etc, and just let time and my body do its job the natural way, horrible as it is, but i guess its the right thing to do, just my patience running a bit thin lol, must learn to be more patient, never been one of my stronger points. Much appreciate your advice and your response buddy, thank you very much for reassuring me, it means so much.

• 5 years later...

I also experience this weird bodly and head feelings, mainly at night.

I don't have words to explain it, but it feels like thoughts can provoke this weird bodly head feeling. I experienced this last night.

It makes me feel really uncomfortable and worried that I am loosing my mind.

I try to remind my self to be calm and rational. This is WDS and not me.

How d people cope with the strange bodily and head sensations that can not be explained in words. I tried explaining this too my PDOC yesterday and it was hard for him to understand.

I don't understand it either.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Yes, I can definitely relate.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 2 weeks later...

Me too. I feel sick all the time, I haven't even started my taper. I feel like my depression is a result of always feeling sick, like I'm poisoned.

2002-2008 Lexapro 20 mg

2008- June 2016 Lexapro 10 mg

Jan-mar 2016 Welbutrin (cant remember dose, maybe 300)-did nothing, tapered off.

6-01-16-8-01-16 Viibryd(ugh)

For two months I was on Lexapro and Viibryd.  

8-1, bridged from lexapro to prozac

• 3 weeks later...

I felt same feeling as yours especially lying on the bed, it was horrible, worst thing in my life. I started to having self harming thouughts because it's too intense. Heart racing, bad thoughts, just can't describe how bad the inner feeling is, but i just don't have the moving around symptoms...

2006 October Zoloft 50mg for anxiety.

2013 March Lexapro 10mg for 18 months to 2015 September.

2015 September increased to 20mg for 7 weeks but getting worse. 3rd November dropped back to 10mg

2016 11th November taper to 9mg

2017 3rd March Taper to 8.8mg, then Fast taper start: 10th-8.6mg, 12th-8.2mg, 17th-8.0mg, 22rd-7.7mg, 27th-7.4mg.

April 2nd- 6.9mg (WD start), 19th-6.5mg. Failed one day Cymbalta trial, took back Lexapro, much worse Akathisia torture. Keep holding. 

May 22nd- 6.3mg, June 10th- 5.7mg, Nov- 4.4mg, Dec- 4.3mg,

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

• 1 month later...

Omg yes, im not the only way one!

Ive had this mildy since beginning of wd in march and am now having a SEVERE wave of it.

Sometimes ill say to my friends or mum "im feeling really neurologically wrong today" to which they end up looking at me funny. Sonetimes it feels kinda "seizurey?". It wont shift as im having troubles with stress and comfort eating currently.

2009: Put on Fluoxetine (20mg) and Risperdal (0.5mg) for OCD. Dose was increased a few weeks later to 40mg Fluoxetine and 1mg Risperdal.

2011: Began experiencing Depersonalisation and Visual Snow, general loss of energy and breast growth. Was kept on 40mg Fluoxetine until Late Dec 2015. Risperdal dosage varied and was kept on 0.5mg for a long while before Nov 2015.

Early Sep 2015: Began having symptoms of extreme anxiety, psychosis and hot flushes due to mixing illegal drugs.

Late Nov 2015: Psych doc raised Risperdal to 8mg. Began having severe and hellish Akathisia. Was kept being given Diazepam to cope.

Early Dec 2015: Began seeing a new psych doc who tapered me off Risperdal over a period of a few weeks and put me onto Quetiapine.

Late Dec 2015: Quick tapered off of everything due to little guidance.

Mid March 2016: Reinstated Fluoxetine (5mg), dose was increased to 10mg a couple of weeks later. Gave me restless legs and stopped taking immediately (RLS was unbearable).

10 May 2016: Unsuccessful Fluoxetine reinstatement at 1mg. Drug free since May 2016.

Diet (When Able): Low carb and sugar, high fat & dark greens. medium protein and fruit. Taking 100mg magnesium, 1000mg omega 3, 0.25mg Melatonin daily,. Drinking at least one mug of chamomile a day. Weekly Light exercise. Meditating daily and practising mindfulness.

"Come back to square one, just the minimum bare bones. Relaxing with the present moment, relaxing with hopelessness, relaxing with death, not resisting the fact that things end, that things pass, that things have no lasting substance, that everything is changing all the time—that is the basic message." – Pema Chodron

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy