Ask Your Doctor

compsports

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

LOL on the cartoon on the page this links to. Even though it is YetAnotherPharmaBashingBlog (YAPBB), I like this guy's style. Looks to be he has been writing since 2007 (according to the archives), do not know if all of his writings are anti pharm. He is in the UK but as I skimmed through, I saw an infographic he posted about the prices of drugs worldwide with the title (iirc): 'You Americans are paying too much for your drugs'.

I don't know why my anger against pharma has not kicked in yet. Maybe because I willingly sought out drugs and was a very compliant patient. I was desperate not to feel so bad all of the time. If I only knew......

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

cymbaltawithdrawal,

I willingly sought out psych meds also.  No one coerced me at all.   Well, my psychiatrist applied subtle coercision but it really didn't take much to be honest.

I am too tired from sleep deprivation to be angry.  I do feel if this problem ever resolves, that it will come to a head.

I think I am more angry at doctors for thinking that meds are the answer to everything come heck or high water as the cartoon implies.

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Oh I think it is more insidious than that. Pharma may have created drugs in the beginning to be 'saviors' of the human race by treating its ills but then they saw the value (and here I mean obscene profits) in marketing those drugs to the masses for any dam thing it seems. We it turn hound our docs to give us some of that because we have been now conditioned so well by the media. The media is not so much at fault, it just takes the money and presents the product (we all gotta eat).

A complex 'problem' it has become. And it will get worse. I am thinking of how many women might be gravely harmed now that the fda has given the green light to market an AD to treat sx of menopause (think brisdelle). Who do you think was instrumental in this? Did some healer doc wake up one morning, in agony because he couldn't figure out a way to help Mary keep her life together because her hormones were making her crazy and think: "Hmmm. Maybe I can try a low dose AD. It is off label I know but it might just work". Who do you think put the bug in his ear to even get to that point of reasoning? And after six months of it Mary suddenly divorces her husband and goes down a totally different path. Maybe she becomes promiscuous like some have done under the influence. Or if she is (un)lucky, she gets akasthisia and is sick for a very long time and eventually finds out she was given a worthless AD to treat something that happens naturally in a woman's life and at some point you gotta just suck it up and take it and your body eventually calms down.

Shite, what a mess our drug pushing culture is in.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy