SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Antidepressant Survey

DS2014

Hello everyone, I am in graduate school working on my capstone research about trends in prescribing antidepressants. I am inviting you to participate in this anonymous survey. The survey will only be used by me for the purpose of completing my capstone research. I hope that you will take the time to complete the survey. Your response is important and I want to thank you in advance for taking the time to complete the survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZS2YFC5

Edited by Altostrata
removed coding tags

I started to take this survey and had to stop at this (Question #3, numbers 1 and 2 being age and sex):

3. Have you started taking an antidepressant in the last year?

t.gifYes, I have started taking an antidepressant in the last year.
t.gifNo, I have been taking an antidepressant for over a year.

In my case NO answer applies. No way out except to abandon the survey.

Perhaps we are not a good pool to tap for your research? A great many of us are OFF all antidepressants or are trying to get off them with no plans to ever take them again.

Best of luck on your project. I would hope to see a downward trend in prescribing antidepressants but I doubt it. (I can dream, can't I?)

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Hi Gold star, thank you for your feedback. This survey would only apply to those who are currently still taking antidepressants, even if they are planning to stop and not take them. One of the questions asks if antidepressants have been effective for you and in your case you would answer no because you are trying to get off. I hope this helps clarify a bit.

(My username is 'Cymbaltawithdrawal5600', CW for short.)

Perhaps you could state that in your request?

And there was no way for me to continue because NO answer applied for Question #3.

One of the questions asks if antidepressants have been effective for you and in your case you would answer no because you are trying to get off.

Depends on what you would call 'effective'. Effectively nearly killed me and ruined a few years of my life but all that is open to interpretation. Effectively got me to ignore my depression by numbing ALL of my feelings, that applies. Perhaps a little hint as to the kinds of questions that would be asked so that one could determine ahead of time one's suitability to be included in your research pool would be helpful.

Sorry, my feelings regarding antidepressant therapy are a bit ruffled at the moment and not likely to change. Perhaps others here will find your survey easier to take.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

I apologize for the mistake with your user name. I watched a family member suffer from taking antideppressants and they nearly killed him too. That is what inspired me to write my paper on antidepressants. I want to shed light on the fact that they can be dangerous and have horrible side effects. They are being prescribed too quickly without other treatment options being used first. I am hoping that the responses from the survey will show that it is a problem. So, I understand your feelings about antidepressants because I feel the same. That is why I am writing my paper about over prescribing of antidepressants. With that being said, I am sorry to hear about your personal situation and I wish you all the best.

No apologies necessary.

This survey would only apply to those who are currently still taking antidepressants

Perhaps this could have been stated as a part of your request, to narrow down those you wish to include.

I watched a family member suffer from taking antideppressants and they nearly killed him

All too common, my deep apologies. There are a lot of us here who feel harmed by such medications. This capstone project is a step in the right direction and I commend you for choosing it. It is a multifaceted problem, I'm afraid.