SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Givemepeace: So confused, feel like giving up.

Givemepeace

First was given diazepam for panick attacks end of june2013

Tried on various ad's citalopram, sertraline, pregabalin and amitriptyline (probably stayed on amitryptaline for longest maybe 2-3 months)couldn't ever handle start ups and discontinued while still taking diazepam when needed.

Start of this year was taking diazepam more often and by march was on it daily about 3mg with amitryptaline again at 10mg tried to stop and went terrible.

Was sent to psychiatrist who stopped amitryptaline and put me on 15mg mirtazapine for 2weeks and then 30mg with a fast taper off diazepam off .5mg a week telling me it was easy peasy!!!

Felt not too bad at first but after 4 weeks raced up there felt like I was going crazy. I was down to 1mg diazepam but he said it was probably a reaction to mirtazapine and dropped me down to 15mg again. This was now end of July.

Felt bad ever since trying to get off mirtazapine (because of what phyc said)buy going to 7.5mg and then off and felt even worse but psychiatrist said I have and issue about medication and to go away on holiday and relax!! If only it was that easy!!!

Since start of August I was on 15mg mirtazapine and 1mg of diazepam. I decided to taper .1mg diazepam every two weeks. I got to .8mg diazepam still struggling and went back to docs who through escitalopram into the mix at 10mg. I tried to taper mirt again to 7.5 which only lasted 2 weeks, I was now on 15mg mirt, 10mg escitalopram and 0.8mg diazepam

This is when things have starting to get really bad I felt horrendous on it felt like my mind would not shut off, became very withdrawn and started to have awfull thought about hurting myself. I persisted for about 8 weeks but couldn't handle side effects. Went back to phychiatrist again who said it's all in my head and wanted to up dose and throw beta blocka into mix!!!. I said no and got another phychiatrist involved. He told me to half escitalopram to 5mg for two weeks but I still felt as bad so he told me to come off. I was on escitalopram for 12 weeks and feel like it has made me worse.

So this is where I am now. I am 3 weeks off diazepam, slow taper of 0.1 every two weeks.

And two weeks off escitalopram which I just had to get off what it did to me!!!

I am now on just 15mg mirtazapine. I am sleeping good but days are horrendous. Scared to wake up, feel scared from the escitalopram can't get rid of horrible thoughts and just feel really scared of everything.

Saw my doc who now wants to up mirtazapine to 30mg, got to see her Tuesday again. Feel really scared and don't no what to do, horrid thoughts of hurting myself.

Just so confused that no one believes it's these meds, I was never like this until my panic attack.

Please someone help.

Started diazepam when needed june2013

Various antidepressants citalopram, sertraline amytriptaline upto nov2013

Dependant on diazepam 3 mg daily with amitryptaline 10mg march2014

Start of June Changed to mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg for about 2weeks while fast taper from diazepam .5mg a week.

Back down to 15mg mirtazapine and down to 1 mg diazepam end of June.

During July tried to stop mirtazapine 7.5mg for 2 weeks then off still on 1 mg diazepam.

August back on 15mg mirtazapine down to 0.8mg diazepam

End of August escitalopram 10mg tried to cross taper from 15mg mirtazapine cut to 7.5 for 2 weeks but couldn't still 0.8 diazepam. 10/11/2014 Jumped from diazepam cutting .2 every 2weeks

10 weeks on 10mg escitalopram felt crazy!! Down to 5mg for 2 weeks and off (dreadfull mind changing) off 17/11/14

17/11/14Trying to stabise on 15mg mirtazapine

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Givemepeace

• ten0275

• Fresh

• Muddles

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello G,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling so well.

Someone else more qualified should be along to speak to you.

I'm pretty much in the same boat.

In that no one believes Its the meds.

I too am on remeron.

How long have you been on all your meds?

Just wanted to say hello and wish you good luck!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Hi tg,

Been on various meds since August 2013,

Needed to get on just one drug, haven't had a clue what might. Been on remeron since last June up and down. Trying to stabilise on just the remeron at 15mg now but could really do with some guidance. What's your story?

Start of June Changed to mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg for about 2weeks while fast taper from diazepam .5mg a week.

During July tried to stop mirtazapine 7.5mg for 2 weeks then off still on 1 mg diazepam.

End of August escitalopram 10mg tried to cross taper from 15mg mirtazapine cut to 7.5 for 2 weeks but couldn't still 0.8 diazepam. 10/11/2014 Jumped from diazepam cutting .2 every 2weeks

10 weeks on 10mg escitalopram felt crazy!! Down to 5mg for 2 weeks and off (dreadfull mind changing) off 17/11/14

Hello G,

I have been on remeron for about 6 months now. I am having a lot of trouble coming odd it.I was on 45 and now I'm at 7.5 and having a difficult time.

My symptoms include,

Sleepless

joint pain

adrenaline wake ups

burning skin

Teeth grinding

brain shocKS

Can't eat

Limb tingling

No interest in any thing

What are your symptoms?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Givemepeace, welcome to SA. I am sorry that you have been treated so badly by someone who should be helping

you. It most definitely is NOT all in your head and a holiday is NOT the answer although I'm sure it would be lovely to

lie on a warm beach somewhere, it wouldn't solve the problem.  

To be honest I am unsure of what to suggest because there have been so many changes and drugs added and taken

away again. I am going to ask for one of our more experienced staff to take a look because of the benzo part of

the probem. Benzo withdrawal can be a nightmare and it isn't something I've had experience of. 

For now I would suggest staying at 15mg of mirtazepine because I suspect it is the benzo (valium) withdrawal that is

causing the most problems.  In the meantime it would help if you could list the drugs you have taken and when they

started/stopped, most important are the recent ones, we need the doses and how you tapered, if you would list them

in your signature strip it would be very helpful. Here is how to do that. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

I'm glad that you found us, you are not alone with this and you are not going crazy! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks mammap,

I've put my sig up, see If I could get some feedback.

Tgirl my symptoms are

Morning adrenalin (worse when on escitalopram)

Racing mind(worse when on escitalopram)

Shaking (worse when on escitalopram)

Intrusive thoughts (worse when on escitalopram)

Inner restlessness (worse when on escitalopram)

DEPRESSION !!!!'

Aching arm and shoulder left side

Sweats

Chills

Panic attacks

Tiredness

No interest

Mind fog

Sinus pain

Creepy crawlies on skin

Numb face

Restless legs

Can't concentrate

Dizziness

You have done well to get to 7.5mg, what cuts have you been making?

• Administrator

Welcome, Givemepeace.

I second what mammaP said, I would stay at 15mg mirtazapine for quite a while, maybe several months at least, to give your nervous system time to settle from all the drug changes and benzo withdrawal.

At least you're sleeping. I would not rock the boat on that!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks altosrata,

I dreadfull as I feel now, does anyone think I should maybe increase mirtazapine. These symtoms are very strong but it's the emotional ones scaring me the most, especially about hurting myself.

Is this from all the drug changes?? Will it calm down. Could it be the mirtazapine. So confused.

Feel so alone, scared to go to docs or hospital because all they'll do is add more different meds to the mix.

Help

• Moderator Emeritus

We know how distressing this is for you, and the suicidal thoughts can be overwhelming. It is not you,

it is the effects of the drugs and withdrawal all mixed in together. It will take time but it will get better. 

I remember a time when I was being given drugs on and off, adding and taking away. I was sectioned

in hospital I was so bad. I was obsessed with dying and just wish I had known then what I know now.

As Alto said it would be best to stay as you are because you are sleeping and that is so important.

We have a thread on suicide ideation here, you might find it interesting. I started it when I was new here.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4678-suicide-ideation/

We are here for you and you can vent here on your thread whenever you like. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks mammap,

It's a horrible feelling like you want to escape from yourself, I think these feelings stem from panic attacks. Just the word makes me panic or if I hear it on the news it sends me cold. It's the last thing I want to do, I have two beautifull young kids and an amazing wife. Just want some peace, it's so strange I really thought I needed help yet 2 hours later I have calmed down loads and the word suicide doesn't effect me as much.

I don't feel the 12 weeks escitalopram helped but also finally jumping off diazepam.

Scared I won't stabilise on the mirtazapine now and that I really meds.

When it comes all logic seems to leave my brain.

Thank you for your words, it means so much!

Hi G,

What cuts have I made?

My doc foolishly took me from 45 to 7.5 all within a month. I'm still suffering!

I'm holding at 7.5 for a while. I seem to get about 4 hours of sleep a night, but don't feel rested.

I hate the adrenaline wake ups! HATE!

Keep us posted on how your doing.

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

The adrenaline wake up are dreadfull!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Set me off bad this morning, but I managed to pull round.

Sounds like you came down waaaaaay to quick. Are you are getting some relief during day?

• Administrator

Giveme, your nervous system is hyper-sensitive now. You may wish to reduce all kinds of stimulation: Loud music, bright lights, a lot of commotion, and just stay in a dim, peaceful environment for a while. You may even wish to light candles at night to minimize light stimulation.

Put blackout shades and curtains on your windows to reduce the morning light, this contributes to the adrenaline wake-ups. Also, use a sleep mask to keep out the light as much as possible.

It will take some time, but your nervous system will settle down.

Please think twice about the temptation to increase drugs. More is not necessarily better for a hyper-sensitive nervous system.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

G,

Yes I'm getting a little relief just before it's time to take my remeron again.

Go figure

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi--

Just want to echo Alto and MammaP's advice. 

The good news about your situation is that although your brain has been through the wringer with on and off and on and off meds way too fast and way too many in recent months, the whole insane disaster only started in 2013, so you haven't been on meds for long. If you can get through this period and recover (it may take a while, maybe even a couple of years to recover fully) you will probably do fine.

Yes, your problems are due to the meds. I highly recommend you read Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker, and maybe Your Drug May Be Your Problem by Peter Breggin and David Cohen.

Other than holding and not making any changes right now, the only other thing I would consider in your position might be reinstating a low dose of diazepam, if it didn't cause you any terrible side effects. You came off it very fast and it's possible a reinstatement of maybe 0.5 mg or so could help you stabilize and then you could taper more slowly. If you consider this, please first read through our materials on reinstatement; it's not a sure thing, especially with benzos. You have to do the risk/benefit analysis yourself, it depends on how miserable you are now. 

Anyway, yes, it's definitely the drugs!

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Thank you guys for your kind responses, really does mean a lot.

This stuff does question yourself I am mentally ill, why won't the meds lift my depression. Will I ever be normal again.

Today has been a bad day woke up with usuall anxiety and dred, then couldn't calm down with terrible shakes and could not eat. The only saving grace today was thoughts of hurting myself didn't bother me today.

Then tonight an hour of normality.

I feel the 3 months escitalopram really tipped me over the edge, especially with the uncontrollable body shakes and racing mind and thoughts.

Was starting to study the natural supplements but not sure about confusing things more.

What do you guys think?

Thanks again means a lot!!

• Moderator Emeritus

I try not to introduce new supplements when I'm unstable. You might read through the threads in Symptoms and Self Care, there are scores of them on various supplements and you can see what peoples' experiences have been. Overall the only things we recommend here are magnesium and fish oil, and some people find the fish oil too stimulating. It's so variable. If you do decide to try something, don't use a mix of things, try just one thing by itself, and try it at a tiny dose at first, just a wee bit. Write in your journal what you took and at what time, and keep making daily entries and keeping track of what does or does not change for you.

Be cautious if you try supplements, we've seen people get thrown for a loop by them. But if you're really cautious that should give you some protection.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

• 2 weeks later...

G,

How are you doing? Have you stared tapering yet?

Hope your well!

Tgirl

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Hi t, thanks for asking how I am.

Keeping my head down and just trying to ride this storm. Trying to keep busy and positive which is not easy when you get hit.

I'm not moving on the mirt (still on 15mg) yet don't won't to rock the boat having only just got off valium(nearly 5 weeks) and escitalopram(nearly 4 weeks). I'll try to taper in the new year, just trying to stabilise ( what ever that means).

Felt a little better, negative thoughts aren't as bad. Mornings are still very tough, but i am forcing myself up and out which I think helps.

New physical symptoms are nausea and fatigue.

I keep thinking about adding fish oil, or magnesium but I'm worried about complicating things further.

How are you doing t, are you tapering or still holding. Have you seen any improvement.

My thoughts are with you!

• Moderator Emeritus

It's definitely too soon to think about tapering! 

Thanks rhi,

I totally agree!! I've learnt my lessons from diazepam taper.

I had quite a decent day yesterday, had some nice thoughts about Xmas and felt quite good.

But then today slammed back down!!! Mood can change from hour to hour, so strange!!

Really unsure about adding supplements at moment???

• Administrator

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Still, be careful with these -- try only a small amount of one thing at a time to see how you react.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd check in, still sitting tight on the mirt 15mg. This is the first time in 18 months I have consistently just took one medication for longer than a few weeks.

symtoms are changing daily and hourly but don't seem as strong.

This morning I have woke up with no anxiety!! I feel like I can just lie here comfortably!! This is a real big thing for me, I have had this since August.

I hope this is here to stay as this one has been crippling for me, feels very strange just lying here comfortably but sooooo nice!!

Maybe it's getting further away from diazepam (7 weeks)as they say it is one of the big symtoms.

Also depression does not seem as strong.

Still have not tried fish oil or magnesium, bit confused what type to get and where?

Hope everyone is managing ok.

G

• Administrator

Good to hear, GMP.

Please read the links about fish oil and magnesium above.

Feeling terrible again.

Horrid thoughts again, feel like I can't calm down or switch off.

Starting to withdraw upstairs again away from family, horrible like I can't connect with them and have no interest, feeling very depressed.

No interest in anything. Lost appetite again.

Scared now that it is the mirt causing this as this is what I felt like in August when they put me on escitalpram.

Could it be the side effects of mirtazapine all along, do I need to taper this ASAP!!?? So confused and scared!!

My only saving grace is I am sleeping through the night, so does this mean I am not in withdrawal and I need drugs because everyone seems to struggle with sleep apart from me!!??

Really confused and scared again!!

Could do with some help here, I think mirt has been my problem from day one, does anyone think I will stabilise at 15mg or could I have been reacting to it all along?? I have never felt well on it.

So fed up of this!

Alto and Rhi have both counseled holding and not beginning any kind of tapering yet. The biggest thing is that you are still sleeping and the mirt may be helping with that.

Do not panic at the changes in your mental state, this is to be expected due to all of the drug changes you have gone through and not because of any 'need' for the drugs (it seems to be a part of wd syndrome). It takes a long time for some to stabilize, in the meantime you could try adding in a little fish oil and magnesium as Alto suggested above. Start low and go slow.

These links might also help to deal with the mental/emotional stuff:

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Recovery

Neuro-emotion

Keep hanging in there, it is early days yet. Post and ask for support when you need it and keep visiting other Intro topics and see how others are coping.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Thanks for the reply CW,

It's just that I feel no improvement daily. I feel like I am getting nowhere!! I really am starting to feel like the mirt is causing these problems. I have never felt relief on it anxiety has only got worse and also motivation and this horrible inner restlessness makes me feel suicidal. I thought it was meant to help not make me feel worse!!!

Could it have pooped out??

Or could it be from my recent jumps from diazepam and short use of escitalopram??

Really want to start tapering, what have I got to lose!!??

I've tried mag and fish oil last few days and feel like they have made me feel worse!!

Really need some input here guys.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi GMP, you are in withdrawal, and need to get stable. No-one can tell you that it is ok to

start tapering mirtazepine while your nervous system is in turmoil from all the drugs and changes over

such a short time. This is not your fault, you trusted your doctor and they gave you all those drugs along 

with bad advice on stopping and starting them.  Now you have to try and be patient, things will get better

but you need to keep things stable.  It is your call but we all agree that it would be best to hold on tight for

now. The fact that you reacted to magnesium and fish oil is evidence that your nervous system is really 

struggling. Benzo withdrawal is excruciating and I feel so much for you but the last thing you need is the 

withdrawal insomnia that most of us get when tapering ADs,  

This will pass, I don't know when but it will, I hope you get some relief soon. 

2002  effexor. 

Ok thanks mammap,

Sorry to rant, it's just so confusing and makes you feel like I maybe have got a mental illness that needs medicating.

I just want my life back, I have the most amazing wife and two little kids and to have these thoughts disgusts me.

Do you really think I will stabilise on the mirt!??

Just feel all alone here, no one understands but you guys.

Horrid day again,

Can't get rid of this inner restlessness, don't feel like like anxiety it's like an agitation, these horrid thoughts are making me horrendous again. They really scare me.

Feel like I'm getting worse!!

So sorry it's awful this agitation isn't it?

It feels like you need to do something right now! To find relief? But the unfortunate thing is, as it's caused by the meds it's very difficult to then treat with more meds. Totally understand how awful it is..I suffered like this two yrs ago intensely not knowing that I was in withdrawal only to end up in psychiatrists hands again..continuing the nightmare until I found this site 3 months ago.

Things will get better. Keep writing and hold tight like a lot of us here.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Thanks Jo,

My worry.... is it the last drug I am on causing this,(still on 15mg of mirtazapine)

We're you completely off meds before this got better?

G

Welcome, Givemepeace.

I second what mammaP said, I would stay at 15mg mirtazapine for quite a while, maybe several months at least, to give your nervous system time to settle from all the drug changes and benzo withdrawal.

At least you're sleeping. I would not rock the boat on that!

Please remember this from Alto. Where people get into trouble is that they do not wait long enough on a dose until the symptoms settle down. They cannot stand how they feel and feel they MUST DO SOMETHING.

Resist the temptation to do anything except take your dose at the same time each day, keep a log of your daily symptoms and look in the Symptoms and Self Care forum for things to help you cope.

I don't know what it is about mirtazapine but when you need to take it to taper off it and withdrawal upset has already started from too many previous drug changes or too fast tapers or what, it seems to cause this nearly unbearable restlessness inside people. You are not alone but people have managed to get through it.

Please hang in there and we know how bad you must be feeling but we don't want you to feel worse by fiddling with your dose.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

No, I went back on meds which caused two years of a different type of agitation but horrible, I thought it was just me..it's all mixed up. Only now I'm down to 12.5mg has this agitation stopped but experience terrible waves - fast taper not recommended!

Hang in there.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Oh so sorry for the discouraging post..I should add that I was back on the highest dose 2 yrs ago and antipsychotics occasional use and benzod..but the restlessness has started to go as I get more stable..

It feels like I am too stimulated, can't eat because it makes me feel sick. Never had this till they threw escitalopram on top of the mirt, I took for 3 months because the doc said it would all calm down but it just made it worse!!!!

It did calm down a little after I stopped but it has seemed to got worse again.

Could it be the after effects of 3 months of that + finally jumping diazepam. They say you get smacked about 8 weeks out of diazepam as hard as when you first jump, it's 8 weeks yesterday.

Do you guys really think I will finally stabilise on the mirt? I was never well on it with just the valium. Maybe the valium was suppressing what the mirt is doing to me.