Givemepeace: So confused, feel like giving up.

Givemepeace

I WAS feeling like this and about to give up and go to the doc but stuck it out (although I don't have to work ATM) so maybe a bit different. But I'm very glad at this moment that I stuck it out.

:). You'll get through to the other side. It doesn't last forever.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Givemepeace

• ten0275

• Fresh

• Muddles

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

GMP!

I know. The pendulum of windows and waves is startling in its diversity and intensity.

It looks like around November, you really threw some curve-balls at your system. It is trying to get things right - to stabilize. Like you, I thought I would never heal while still on the mirt. But the healing from the benzo damage happened the whole time underneath the mirt. I think the greatest sign that being on the mirt at its current level is probably ok for you is that you had a window while on it. If the mirt was going to prevent you from healing, do you really think you'd have had that really excellent window in there? The same thing happened for me.

You're going to know when the time is right to drop-dose (carefully) on that mirt. And it doesn't sound like it is now.

Remember that fact, GMP. You witnessed it yourself. You windowed wonderfully while on your current dose. This all takes time. When we are polydrugged as most of us are, we have to take competing systems and recoveries into perspective. You, like me, are healing from benzo damage and AD damage. The body and brain will do it - but they are not happy campers at the moment.

Hang in there.

Dave

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

I'm not sure anymore

I think this is my natural anxiety, I think I need medicating.

I am trying to remember what I was like before all this, I remember my anxiety like this I couldn't even drive across town and that was before all meds!!

Then I started the meds, not a lot improved even while on them. Had this most days since, first I obsessed about it was my heart, now I obsessed about the meds. I've always obsessed about things.

I've even lost my logical part of my brain, and feel like there is no way out of this.

It's scaring me because there is usually a little bit inside me telling me this is gonna be ok but I can't even find that in myself.

This is scary man, real scary. I can't seem to distract.

And why do I sleep like a baby!! No one else does!!! It can't be just withdrawal, it can't!!

Started diazepam when needed june2013

Various antidepressants citalopram, sertraline amytriptaline upto nov2013

Dependant on diazepam 3 mg daily with amitryptaline 10mg march2014

Start of June Changed to mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg for about 2weeks while fast taper from diazepam .5mg a week.

Back down to 15mg mirtazapine and down to 1 mg diazepam end of June.

During July tried to stop mirtazapine 7.5mg for 2 weeks then off still on 1 mg diazepam.

August back on 15mg mirtazapine down to 0.8mg diazepam

End of August escitalopram 10mg tried to cross taper from 15mg mirtazapine cut to 7.5 for 2 weeks but couldn't still 0.8 diazepam. 10/11/2014 Jumped from diazepam cutting .2 every 2weeks

10 weeks on 10mg escitalopram felt crazy!! Down to 5mg for 2 weeks and off (dreadfull mind changing) off 17/11/14

17/11/14Trying to stabise on 15mg mirtazapine

Posted in error.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

You're sleeping because you are still on the mirtazapine - it will still be getting you to sleep. I found my sleep has become more problematic since coming off. There are still many who can sleep in withdrawal, even once off the drug. Everybody is different.

How many times I heard many say they think this is 'them' in withdrawal, that they must have major mental health problems and that they must need the drugs...this is withdrawal talking. Yes - you had anxiety prior MEDS and will need help with that but everything else I have read in your posts indicates that the drugs are you biggest problem and most definitely withdrawal.

Anxiety is not nice, I know...but at what point have these drugs ever helped you? They don't - fact....they do more harm than good...long term, disabling. You are in the right road, you have seen windows and you will see many more. just keep going. Maybe look into a good self help book. Btdt recommended the power of now book. I have difficulty reading and have to kee going over and over stuff I have already read but I can honestly say it has helped with some areas such as obsessive thinking and those terrible intrusive druggy messed up thoughts.

Stay strong - I know you will get there. Just one day at a time.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Sorry for my spelling and grammar errors - I hate that I struggle in this area too.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

GMP!

Thinking of you, man. I can say it no better than Muddles did above.

Hang in there.

Dave

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

at the moment I don't feel like I am in contact with the world, can't remember how I have got through the day. People are talking to me and all I am thinking about is this mess.

What is this feeling!!

Start of June Changed to mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg for about 2weeks while fast taper from diazepam .5mg a week.

During July tried to stop mirtazapine 7.5mg for 2 weeks then off still on 1 mg diazepam.

End of August escitalopram 10mg tried to cross taper from 15mg mirtazapine cut to 7.5 for 2 weeks but couldn't still 0.8 diazepam. 10/11/2014 Jumped from diazepam cutting .2 every 2weeks

10 weeks on 10mg escitalopram felt crazy!! Down to 5mg for 2 weeks and off (dreadfull mind changing) off 17/11/14

• Moderator Emeritus

GMP, that feeling of not being in contact with the outside world is called derealization, its another common withdrawal symptom, and it will pass.  I've had in on and off.  When it gets bad it can be quite frightening, but when you know what it is, its easier to stop yourself from worrying about it.

I know what you mean about not being able to remember earlier parts of the day, I'm the same, it might be the evening and I have a vague recollection of how awful I felt 8 hours ago, but its like a shadow from someone else's nightmare.  But I'm learning to let it go.  Do we really need to be able to remember everything in detail?  As long as we have enough cognitive capacity to do what we need to do in each moment, that's all that really matters.  Its not going to be like this for ever.

I also wanted to mention something about the fact that you're still sleeping, this doesn't in any way suggest that you're not experiencing withdrawal symptoms.  The mirtazapine that you are still on is most likely helping you to sleep. As Muddles said, many people are in withdrawal, but can sleep ok, even off the drugs, I'm one of them.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Ok the suicide thoughts are really getting to me.

Even the word freaks me out, it's really hard to explain like I'm not thinking of doing it, it just scares the life out of me thinking about it.

It has been here most days since last August, but it is very intense and I can not get it out my head.

It scares me that I could do something, but it is the last thing I want to do if that makes sense.

Really scaring me, this has been one of my worse symtoms.

Please help me.

• Moderator Emeritus

GMP!

I know reassurances are hard to take right now. In one ear, out the other. The truth of withdrawal is most easy to deny and hard to digest. I want to remind you that for your benzo alone, let alone the antidepressant withdrawal, the typical course of withdrawal is 6 to 12 months minimum - just for the f'ing benzo. You are still in a period that most would consider accute withdrawal.

If you are scared that you would do something to hurt yourself, that is your best assurance that you will not. I had a psychiatrist tell me that. You want to be safe. The thoughts apall you. We all have whack thoughts, even while healthy. But in a non-withdrawal mind, the thoughts pass through. In withdrawal, they get stuck - like a needle on a record that hits a scratch and repeats, repeats, repeats. And every time it repeats, repeats, repeats, it seems scarier and scarier - and seems to intimate that it is more likely we will act upon the thoughts.

Look, I am no doctor. I'm just a knucklehead middle-aged man who literally lived this horror-show that you and others are going through. I had thoughts of both self-harm and outward harm that would make most people crawl under a table and weep. And for my life, I have always been a gentle person - who generally abhors violence (ooh, except the Jason Bourne movies). But the thoughts were totally against my character. I had a will to live and a will to be peaceful. I think that is your case too. The thoughts tend to be the exact opposite of our dispositions. Again, it is why it horrifies us.

You are in a wave. And a bad one. I don't think there is much more I can say to convince you of that. I will once again draw your memory back to the window you had. You had it, you owned it, you felt good in it, and one will come again. But you are going to have to hang on and put in the pain-session of the wave to get to it. You will do this. We don't get to make the rules in withdrawal. We have to be flexible and patient.

Hang in there, man.

Dave

Mirtazapine thought - that's what I do when the thoughts become too much. It works sometimes...it's normal (if you can that normal) in withdrawal for many. It's not you.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

GMP!

How are you holding up? Has the intensity settled at all for you?

Thinking about you and hoping you're settling to a degree, hanging in there.

Dave

A week from hell ten,

I've had it all this week, anxiety, anger, panic attacks, inner tremor, depression, intrusive thoughts, apathy.

Since yesterday, I have had this numb feeling to like taste, feelings hard to explain, like you are dead inside. It's a scary feeling. Feels different to depressed.

Did you experience this?

I've wanted to post on here, but just fed up its all negative. And everyone here has got there own problems without me bleating on about mine.

Thanks ten for checking up on me. Really tough week, just feel very alone and scared.

• Moderator Emeritus

GMP,

I'm just proud of you for hanging on through the barrage. It makes me so sad to hear how intensely you are hurting. I know from experience that it will pass, but I also know that while you are enduring it, it seem endless and colossally impossible.

I did have the "dead inside" feeling. Like I was just a husk or a shell of a human. I did experience that.

Sometimes posting on the forum seems impossible. I get that. Thank you for checking in though. I am in your corner cheering you on. This week was horrible. Bag it, tag it, and file it away. You have the weekend now. Try to do things that will soothe you. Next week may be a window. We'll hope for it.

Hang in there, brother. Most of us on here have either suffered immensely or are suffering immensely. It does get better, but the lead up to that healing takes fortitude. So many on this sight display it. This includes you.

Dave

• Moderator Emeritus

I remember that feeling, like being dead inside. I felt like I was gone forever and just had to dispose of the flesh.

Awful, awful feelings but I am still here, it did pass and yours will too, hang in there you are doing great even if

it doesn't feel like it right now. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks ten & mammap,

Had about an hour relief this evening but now it is back.

At least I am sleeping, just the days are a living hell at the moment.

Just got to keep going, I think if I get to my next window it will be a big mental step for me ( kind of confirm that I may be healing). The last one I had was my first but I have kind of forgot if it was a window( if that makes sense). I think the next one would kind of confirm things will change and maybe give me that mental boost this is not forever.

Suffered too long now daily, I need a little reprieve......please!!????

Totally done mentally this week.

Hello there Peace

I am only withdrawing from mirtazapine by itself at the moment and it is effing up my world!.. let me tell ya. But you!...you have some amazing fuggin will power man, being on and withdrawing from so many things at once. Not to mention going through the wringer with that know nothing doctor. This is some hardcore BS that nobody should have to face, I am going for a roller coaster ride with my emotions, just from this one stupid drug! Either way, we will get through this man. let us vanquish the evil nazi mirtazapine empire from the galaxy, together!

PS: you may want to consider meditation, that's what im doing and it is the only thing that can really make me relax. Don't worry if your mind is racing while you are meditating, there is no such thing as a bad meditation. I used to think it was hocus pocus and only bald men living in caves did it, but after researching it and trying it, it seems legit.

This is the meditation video i have been following for 2 weeks now.

i just do 20 minutes at a time

(November 26 2013) Had a reaction to taking CBD oil and had a panic attack that started this whole thing.

(November 9 2014) 8.6 months on Mirtazapine, started tapering down random amounts.

(January 17 2015) *STOPPED TAKING MIRTAZAPINE* after an unstable 2 month taper.

(February 5 2015) *REINSTATED at 3.9 MG OF MIRTAZAPINE* after nearly 3 weeks of a very unstable windows and waves pattern

(February 5 2015 ) Felt better right away after reinstating, am more stable than i was at 0mg, but am still not as stable as i was PRE-TAPER.

(April 19 2015) After waiting around 2 months from Feb 5 and i started to feel ok enough, i reduced from 3.9 mg to 3.5 mg. then continued to reduce by about .4 mg every 2 or so weeks.

The reductions were going quite smoothly and i wasn't feeling too bad in general... until...

(July 13 2015) Shortly after reducing from 1.9 mg to 1.6 mg i hit a wall and my mood started to become noticeably worse in general

(August 4) after not really improving much i reduced from 1.6 mg to 1.5 mg, and i have been holding ever since.

I feel bad in general these days despite holding, and feel im not too much better than i was during January 17 to February 5 after jumping off at 4 MG.

I am questioning if taking the drug is actually making me worse, i dunno.

Thanks US,

I'll check it out. You've gone pretty quick with your taper. Please be carefull.

Ok the last few days (horrid) I have kept getting feelings, memories, symtoms like before I started escitolopram a few months ago.

I have like this apathy, numb depressed feeling, also sleeping lots and still feel terrible. Like I've lost my fight and hope and don't want to do anything. Got this strange feeling in throat (tickling sensation/dry). Numb tongue and breathlessness. Just feel really heavy. Also body pains in back and arms.

I think the mirt are the culprits of this, I was never depressed like this till I introduced this.

Does anyone really think I'll stabilise while taking this?

Still having an absolute torrid time of things here.

My symtoms are awful in the morning, kicks in about 6am with awful morning cortisol. Around 10am most days my body starts to shake for a few hours, can't concentrate or shut off. Then in afternoon I go depressed.

I don't know how much longer I can sustain this.

Feel like I'm getting worse.

Please help me

Hello Givemepiece, i am sorry you are not feeling so well. I hope it goes away for you shortly. I am two months to withdrawal and it is also not ideal. All day long intrusive thoughs and what might be even worse i am afraid i might get a psychosis. In the last two days it was so many times i had for example a feeling in the distance there is a human being and it was only a long coat or something else. It is so stupid but in a way scary. Na ja. But thats how it is and i hope it is for both of us one day over and we can laugh about it.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

GMP,

Glad we had a chance to catch up today (yesterday by the time you read this). Despite the rough cycles, I think it is tremendous that you are now beginning to identify the patterns of your individual withdrawal process - you are noting that some times of day are better than others and that certain symptoms wax and wane. The beauty of this is that in this awareness, you will see progress as healing begins to affect these patterns. I commend you for hanging in there even as the intensity of the process continues to shock and horrify you. Withdrawal is, in my opinion, an incredibly defining moment in life that almost promises to shift your outlook on everything that is still to come in your lifetime, long after withdrawal has ceased to be your tormentor. Keep up the great work, man.

Dave

Thank you ten,

Your support is very welcome.

Just so hard sometimes to accept this is withdrawel. Always thinking it's something else especially when people around you do not understand and still want you medicated.

If I get through this I think I will survive anything.

Just so intense at moment and still stuck on the mirt.

• Moderator Emeritus

GMP,

My most oft repeated quote to those around me during acute withdrawal:

"Are we sure we know what the hell this is?"

It is hard to accept. Because it's so off-the-charts whack. It's withdrawal.

And without question - after surviving this, other life stressors are put into a whole new perspective. You'll live with different purpose.

Hang in there man.

Dave

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi GMP ,     you're doing great overall from the sound of it.

Everything I've read on your thread indicates you ARE experiencing protracted withdrawal syndrome.

The condition fluctuates , as you're finding out.    If you were "only" depressed you wouldn't have the panic , sense of dread , temperature fluctuations , restlessness 

(do you think it fits with akathisia?) and other stuff.    Some of the symptoms of w/d are also found in depression - sadness , guilt , thoughts of self-harm , so it can be confusing. 

You write :" ... how the hell am I gonna get off that (the mirt.) feeling like this?"    The answer is:  You're not.    You're going to wait till you don't feel like this anymore , till you feel more stable and calm , more back yo normal , before you even begin to think about decreasing the mirtazapine.   

Also , just in regard to the valium you were taking . . .  it may well be that you had a paradoxical reaction to it and it brought on rage etc.      Glad to hear it's off the menu.

Best wishes  ,   Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi ten & fresh,

Today the intensity has lessened.

Your reassuring words today have helped me a lot.

I really appreciate you dropping by my thread and helping me become more educated to all this. You people are amazing.

I hope one day when I am through this,I will be able to help some poor soul who has fell in the same trap as us all.

Thank you guys.

• Moderator Emeritus

GMP!

Tremendous news, brother! Savor that lessened intensity.

Please keep us in the loop.

Dave

• Moderator Emeritus

How are doing GMP   ?        I see you've been on mirt.15mg for 10 weeks now , and it's been tough.     That's a tiny dose - the usual is 30mg.    I'm wondering if

it's worth increasing to 30mg?     Not trying to push the drugs , but 15 hasn't stopped your withdrawal , and 30 might.    Anyone?

Best  ,   Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Still struggling fresh,

I have had some calmer moments here and there but nothing brilliant. This week has still been very intense. I am sleeping, it's just the day times are very painful.

Not sure about bumping up mirt, I think I am still recovering from stopping valium and 3 months of escitalopram.

G

Hi G

How have you been doing? I have been reading your thread as like you I am trying to stabilise( on citalopram) after trying to come off it too quickly(doctors orders!) in November last year. I have had all the same symptoms as you and have asked myself the same questions many times! I sleep well too and think it must be the dose of cit aiding this. This is tough isn't it?

It's great that you have experienced a window - I really hope that you have some better days soon.

Just thought I'd pop by to wish you well.

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Hi flowers,

I am still really struggling, today was very bad. Extreme anxiety all day. My thoughts have only been fleeting in daily now for over a week. Before this I was panicking about them daily and pretty much all day but now they are there most days but come and go.

Saturday was a less intense day but apart from that it is very tough.

Mornings seem to be getting worse again, and waking earlier.

Just this intense anxiety, agitation is my big one at the moment. Still on 15mg mirt.

G

Hi G

So sorry you are having a tough time with anxiety. I am agitated all day too. I am trying to find something that will distract me if only for a few minutes. Do you have anything that can help in this way?

Today is the first time I have been out of the house for over a week due to a chest infection.

I went for a long walk and then to the shops. I couldn't concentrate in the shops and felt like I wasn't really there! Bizarre! Now I am back home and feel tired but still agitated. I have started doing some relaxation stretching exercises. I have never done this before but think it might take the tension out of my body and mind a little bit. Do you think something like this may work for you?

Sorry I can't offer more help as I am new here.

Keep hanging on in there - I am rooting for you!

Flowers

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

I think things are getting worse looking at my journal.

Mornings are getting as bad as last year, keep getting smashed with either intense waves of anxiety or depression, can't eat but forcing myself. Body shakes have got very intense.

Struggling to hold my job now, just want to lie around all the time.

Don't know what to do, don't have anybody to turn to.

Mirtazapine is more activating the higher you go - I don't think it would help if I'm honest.

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I'm hoping for better days for you soon. Can't you have some sick leave?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

I'm self employed muddles, so very tricky.

I've got this bone chilling fatigue today like I can't fight anymore, Monday I could not mentally calm down, could not even do simple things without intense fear. Tuesday wasn't as panicky as Monday but just numb and shaking and depressed. Then today this.

I think I have severe depression coming. I think I need to do something.

What are people's thoughts

• Moderator Emeritus

What do you think the options are GMP ?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg