SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ ang: help and confidence needed

ang

Ang. I know you can do whatever you make your mind up to do. Congratulations on the new job. If this is what you want to do then go for it. I know it's difficult but we have your back and understand how hard it can be at times. You are a survivor like a lot of us and I wish you nothing but the best .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ang

• btdt

• AliG

• Fresh

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

That's great news Ang.  Well done.  Just one step at a time, one day at a time.  Stay positive!

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Ang,

You don't HAVE to do anything that you don't feel ready to.  That's great however to have landed a job!!

Can you find better living arrangements closer to it or telecommute(work from home)?  The mold issue may not be that expensive to clean up or can you paint over it with mold proof paint?........I don't know much about it...........they have air purifier things here that are not real expensive and/or fresh air when possible?

Are you off the Seroquel now and St. John's Wort?.......I can't really tell from your sig. right now.  How have you decided to manage all the new diagnoses?

I have the MTHFR thing too.  Spinach and a bit of L-methyl(tablet) every day and I'm good.  There is some stuff on it to read here.  My guess is that there are lot's of "normies" out there who would test positive too but have absolutely no mental/or other issues at all. 

How are you doing today?

Sending hope, health and recovery............

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Just dropping by to see how your are.  I hope your new job is going well for you.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Mentor

Hello everyone, who dropped by my thread to say hello.   Thankyou so much.             

Mould issue.......... homeswest taking notice  (I had to go as high as the Minister for Housing).       They flew a mould testing expert in and she ripped out skirting boards, sons room .  all mould.        They have ripped out the gyprock to half way up two walls, and redid it, replaced skirting boards.They do electrics and repaint tomorrow.            I would hate to see the mould in the cavities, of the outer brick walls.

My room is the same, ie full of toxic moulds.   Their testing lady, didnt rip out the skirting boards, the whole house is affected.         They put all the landscaping, pavers etc, too high, so all the water flows back into the weep holes in the bricks, that is the problem.  So we are ""working on the issue""............                    the maintenance, the builders who did the paving etc,  all so damn dodgy.             

My job?   Three days last week,  I started Tuesday, because of the mould inspection thing monday, I spent two nights in the pub, one night in a caravan................             and came back Thursday night.

The job is perfect, I love it, but the anxiety and panic attacks are awful................          getting less.        Being away from these toxic moulds in this house I can feel my health improving.  My mind is clearer, the COPD, well the coughing has stopped.

I am much more positive, so wow!  Things are looking good. One day at a time,  one hour at a time :)

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• Moderator Emeritus

That's really great news that finally something is being done.  Good on you for following it through and not giving up.  I can imagine it was hard work to keep pushing so give yourself a pat on the back.  Well done!

I'm really pleased that you like the job.  Starting any new job presents anxiety even for healthy and confident people, so it's to be expected.  Glad it is getting less.

Take care.

• Moderator Emeritus

Awesome then.......as far as the job goes........... and also nice to hear they have started on in on mold clearing too!

Pubs and caravans for sleep?  Sounds intriguing and not totally sure what that would translate to states wise.  :)

You really do sound so much better though so I am glad that you went ahead with it.

I agree on the new job anxiety.......to a point, pretty normal reaction.........hopefully lessening as the weeks go on.  You sounded so distressed though, I'm glad you kept going forward.   And yes......a day at a time......before we know it we have a whole string of better days.

Best,  Go ang!!!!

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 1 month later...
  • Mentor

Hello Altostrata and friends.             I now believe I am a success story.  I am working, contributing and ENJOYING life again.  I am 58, so I am grateful that I can enjoy maybe a few more years of my life.              From the amount of drugs I was on, this is a miracle.   Took me I would say, many years.   Mistakes I made, so, so many,        ........then  in desperation ..........  I found this wonderful lifeline Surviving Antidepressants.

I have not been able to update my own timeline, as I have been so happily busy.  I do, however, wish to write my survival story, maybe in 6 months, when I am permanent in my job, and will update with all the things I have done in the last 6 months.

Just wanted to say, is hard to revisit this site, remembering how ill and desperate I was.    But I will, and I will contribute when I can.      Yes, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, for me the agony waxed and waned for a couple of years.   

Keep up the fight, never give in.             

Happy Easter Everyone.   I am so hoping you may be able to enjoy, but I know how ill I have been, and family and friends were just too much to cope with.    This easter, I cant WAIT to see my grandkids and family.   Yes the brain recovers from these poisons.              

Cheers

Ang

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

OOps translation required.

The pub is the local hotel,  google Australian outback  hotel.

Caravan, is one of those things you drag behind a car, and live in.   That one wasnt so great, went back to the B and B.   Oops the bed and breakfast, aka a lovely house, with a lovely couple, who cooked, and cleaned, and became wonderful friends.

Lasted 8 weeks, loved the job.             However, 8 bosses (run by a committee), who didnt listen to me, only to their angel  (one staff member been there 11 months, and in that 11 months, gone are all the other staff members, 3 x managers, even the cleaner quit).                I didnt quit, but they didnt read my Managers report,  took it from 8,000 dollar monthly losses, to a 16,000 profit................           Shame they sacked me, instead of reading the report.   

Ah well.

My problem now, moving on, is the mould.                Homeswest havent fixed it, they patched it,   and recently sewerage overflowed outside, blocked drains, and flowed back into the vents in the bricks, ie into the cavity walls.       They fixed the sewerage, but damn, now I know  I wonder how much, and how many times this has happened in the life of this house. Cheap, dodgy, crappy non Building Code house, all run by government housing.

My grandkids and daughter stayed over Easter.   Most in their caravan.  First night one girl vomited, the girl in my mouldy (yet cleaned) bedroom got a severe headache  (she never gets headaches).                         When they got home, they said they saw their health improve rapidly.

I am on  mould support groups  (aka mold USA translation)............         I definitely found a problem,  4 days back and I am so sick again...........

So, I am desperately applying for jobs in the mines, Northern Western Australia, I done lots of lab work.  Could get work in their labs.                Isolation is the problem, but I can handle that, the more isolated, hot and mould free the better. Look up Leonora, tell me what you think?  Not any mould there, and I wont do airconditioning, haha.

Wish me luck, I think the previous job, ie driving 1 1/2 hours to my workplace for the week was really a tester.   I knew it wouldnt work out, but hoped it would.  IT DID work out, in that  I got healthy.                       Shame about the management above me.  Ah well, if I was 100% well, perhaps I would have been smart enough to be a grovelling wimp to a certain staff member, who I supposedly was the manager of.

• Mentor

Thanks for dropping by Chessie Cat and MMT.     This site has been a lifesaver for me.           I just need to realise, the sudden exhaustion, sudden everything, ie wish I was dead, are now, purely mould related issues.      Amazing, I was homesick, but not for the mould.  I got healthy and well away from this house.

Wish me luck, will sign in again later, if you dont hear from me, I got a job!

If you do hear from me, I need the support of this group again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Very happy to hear you're doing better. I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Now, as is our custom, I will close this topic and ask everyone to congratuate ang in her Success Stories topic Ang 58 survivor

Thank you, ang!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.