WiggleIt: Tardive dyskinesia & dystonia from TCAs/nortriptyline/desipramine; rapid taper & benzo trouble, too

WiggleIt

I'm just stopping by to tell you YOU ARE GOING TO GET BETTER!!!

And to share cake. :)

Also, I'm in a stage in WD where everything gets stuck in my head for days. Wiggle It is now officially the theme song of my thought life. Lol. It's a bit a bizarre situation when that song will be on replay, and then I get a random intrusive thought like..."I wonder what would happen if I pushed my shopping cart into that huge shampoo display?"

BAHAHA I get weird thoughts like that too.  At least we can laugh about those ones though.  The nasty scary ones are harder to push aside.  I also focus on things for days.  Zoey is scheduled for dental surgery on the 13th and she has a cold right now.  I am absolutely obssessed about it becasue I am scared she will not get better or catch something else before that morning and won't be able to have surgery.  It is practically all I can think about.  It is driving me nuts.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

HAHA JDM that made me laugh, how are you doing today Wiggelet?

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

HAHA JDM that made me laugh, how are you doing today Wiggelet?

Lol!!! It makes me laugh when it happens to me. Haha

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I'm just stopping by to tell you YOU ARE GOING TO GET BETTER!!!

And to share cake. :)

Also, I'm in a stage in WD where everything gets stuck in my head for days. Wiggle It is now officially the theme song of my thought life. Lol. It's a bit a bizarre situation when that song will be on replay, and then I get a random intrusive thought like..."I wonder what would happen if I pushed my shopping cart into that huge shampoo display?"

BAHAHA I get weird thoughts like that too. At least we can laugh about those ones though. The nasty scary ones are harder to push aside. I also focus on things for days. Zoey is scheduled for dental surgery on the 13th and she has a cold right now. I am absolutely obssessed about it becasue I am scared she will not get better or catch something else before that morning and won't be able to have surgery. It is practically all I can think about. It is driving me nuts.

Ya, the scary ones are hard to deal with. I have lots of ones that seem to be stemming from manic agitation. At Christmas time, everytime I went in WalMart And walked past the Christmas stuff, I had thoughts of taking the Christmas trees and picking them up by their stands and throwing them, and of taking packages of ornaments and jumping up and down on them, and taking all the Christmas cards and dumping them in the floor out of their packages. :( And, while the thoughts of all of these things would come, Bing Crosby was singing in the background music.. Very bizarre. Lol

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

WI how are you doing? I hope you are okay, hope you are having a window. 

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

All the exclamation points feel compensatory for the false joy I am attempting to exude.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Lol Wiggle! Ahhh! Exclamation points! Excellent description of the purpose they serve! How you feeling today WI? Still in a rough patch? I'm praying for you. (((Hugs)))

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Picturing you going crazy in WalMart made my day. Maybe you could get a job there as a greeter.

• Moderator Emeritus

Not doing great.

It's possible I've been slightly less confused, but probably shouldn't grow too attached to that potential improvement, lest I regress to retardation again, a la Flowers for Algernon.

Physical symptoms continue to torment me and have set back my physical therapy completely, if not permanently, due to the muscle and autonomic damage the "meds" caused.

My spunky personality has faded into a general ennui and lack of impetus or desire to say much to anyone, or even to post updates, but I force myself to do so now in an attempt to exercise my vocabulary, lest I become dispossessed of it someday from "medication" damage.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

:( Wiggle :( I'm sorry.

Thinking of you

So sorry you continue to have issues.  I just saw my doctor for my muscle issues and guess what he did?  Prescribed baclofen!  Guess he wants to destroy my central nervous system more so I have worse issues and withdrawals.  Now I have to tell him I won't take the meds.  OH MAN!   I hope you find relief soon.  I hope we all do.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

I'm sorry you're still not feeling better Wiggle.

If I were you I would try Vitamin E. But I know you are scared of supplements too. It's understandable. Are you seeing the neurologist soon? I've read gabapentin has also helped some people with TD, but yes, it is anothet med :( I'm sorry I really hope you recover and be yourself again. It's good that you keep posting once in a while, keep using your mind, becaue you are still you beneath all of that damage.

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

• Moderator Emeritus

My mom got hurt today and I couldn't even help her because of my own medication-induced physical impairment. Now, we are both bedridden.

**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged

Oh no!  What happened to your Mom? 

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

I'm so sorry. What happened :(

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Her knees swelled up to the size of watermelons and she cannot stand up or walk. She will be fine, but must STRICTLY stay off her feet for many weeks. It happened from her being on her feet all day taking care of me.

Thank you all for being so sweet. We are all relieved here that it is something that can be healed with bed rest, but I feel so much like it is my fault. If she weren't taking care of me, this never would have happened.

WI I am glad to hear your Mom will recover.  It isn't your fault, I very much doubt any of us would have taken the drugs had we known what the actual outcomes would be!  Please don't blame yourself, you are not responsible for what happened.

Do you and your Mom have enough help for the time being?

Wiggle, I am so sorry for your suffering. Please don't blame yourself for your mom's issues. I'm sure she doesn't blame you, and that she doesn't regret taking care of you. That's what moms do! Prayers for you and your mom.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. Even though I have not been able to stop by your threads to check on you, you have all been in my prayers every night.

My mom injured her knees going up and down the stairs tending to me. They swelled up to the size of cantaloupes and she has been unable to walk. She has been in a wheelchair. My aunts and uncle have been coming over to take care of both of us while my dad is at work.

I'm sorry I haven't said hello to you guys in so long. I've just been so worried about my mom that I have had room for much else. Actually, putting my emotional energy into her seemed to lessen my own mental and emotional symptoms for a few days, but not the physical ones.

Unfortunately, when I hopped back on this site, I read something about akathisia that made my mental and emotional symptoms return, and, of course, now has me worried that I might develop akathisia in the future.

I'm sorry Wiggle. Im glad you have family close by who can help. That must be very comforting. I hope your Mom gets better soon.

Prayers for you and your family.

Wiggle,

I read what you wrote in the Dr. Shipko thread and I'm sure you're referring that thread concerning the akathesia.

I think Dr. Shipko's analysis is that those who have been on SSRIs and the like 10 or more years are the one's most prone to the late onset akathesia.

From your sig, it appears that you have just been exposed to the drugs for only a few years. I believe you have a great chance for a quicker recovery because of this shorter exposure.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Wiggle, I'm sorry about your mom. I hope she recovers soon. 

Try not to worry about symptoms that you don't have right now. Akathisia is really bad, I'm dealing with it right now, but like Chicken said, it happens mostly to those of us that have been exposed to the meds for many years and even gone on many more meds than you have. 

I'm trying to do some CBT, to stop mental distortions. For example whenever I think my brain is permanently damaged, I answer back and say to myself, "it's not a permanent damage, the brain is plastic and it can recover. I haven't lost a part of my brain, it's all there just not well balanced, I will recover, It's been a long road, but I've had windows." So in your case, you're predicting the future (you cannot kow for sure if you will get akathisia) and that only will cause more anxiety and worsening of the symptoms you have right now. 

Try to use this site to get support, but try to not get scared with everything you read. I know it's hard. But really, try to use this to your advantage, not to get more scared. 

Hugs! 

Wiggle!! How are you???

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. Even though I have not been able to stop by your threads to check on you, you have all been in my prayers every night.

My mom injured her knees going up and down the stairs tending to me. They swelled up to the size of cantaloupes and she has been unable to walk. She has been in a wheelchair. My aunts and uncle have been coming over to take care of both of us while my dad is at work.

I'm sorry I haven't said hello to you guys in so long. I've just been so worried about my mom that I have had room for much else. Actually, putting my emotional energy into her seemed to lessen my own mental and emotional symptoms for a few days, but not the physical ones.

Unfortunately, when I hopped back on this site, I read something about akathisia that made my mental and emotional symptoms return, and, of course, now has me worried that I might develop akathisia in the future.

That's not going to happen. I do this all the time to myself reading people's threads. It's the fear talking to you. It's not reality. You are not going to "catch" other people's symptoms.

You are going to heal stronger than you were before this horrible mess. Just keep remembering that, when you are feeling your worst, your brain is healing Big Time!

Wiggle where are you?  I hope you are okay. 

Please don't worry that you are going to get akathisia. I think Shipko was talking about people injured by SSRIs, so there's no reason to think it's going to happen to you.  And anyway I would think if you were going to get it you'd have had it by now.

How you doing, WI?

Stopping by to say hello, Wiggle--and please don't worry. Praying that God will calm your fears.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Pals,

I've tried to stop by everybody's threads to say hi, but I didn't manage to find everyone's.  Some people's are buried in deeper pages, and sometimes my eyes just can't find the info on the page, so I'm sorry if I missed some of my friends.

Doing sh*tty, don't feel like going into details.  Thought I was doing better, but was wrong and am tired of setting myself up for false hope.

"I didn't go to work for a month

I didn't leave my bed for eight days straight
I haven't hung out with anyone
If I did, I'd have nothing to say
Didn't feel angry or depressed
Didn't feel anything at all
I didn't want to go to bed
And I didn't want to stay up late"

-lyrics by Modest Mouse

Hey WI, sorry you are feeling bad, but always know that each day you are healing. Wishing you the best and relief soon.

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

• Moderator Emeritus

How in the hell am I ever going to be well enough to sit for all the GRE testing required for me to get into a PhD program?  I might as well kiss all my life plans good-bye.  There's no way I'll ever be well enough to achieve my goals.

I feel the same way... :(

I don't even know how I will ever work again. I'm so tired of this crap.

So sorry for you. I don't have any words. I don't know what to say anymore.

• Moderator Emeritus

Wave. Physical problems spiked up again. Never disappeared completely, but seem worse over past couple of days.

Can only lay and moan. Can't hardly speak.

Painful pins and needles everywhere, including face.

Brain zaps. Limbs involuntarily jerking and contorting.

People say physical symptoms are worst in first few months. It's already BEEN three and a half months. When will this hell end?

• Moderator Emeritus

Please, friends, I am so scared. During the first two months of wd, I did not have brain zaps, then I developed them. For the first three months, I did not have food issues, then I developed them.

Because symptoms can develop later, I remain scared that I will develop akathisia. Stupid Healy and stupid Shipko both write that zaps precede akathisia in the prolonged withdrawal pattern. I hate them and hate what I've read, because it basically means that things can get worse. I am also afraid that my fear of it will induce it, if that makes sense.

I cannot handle what has been done me... All for a physical injury that should have been treated with physical therapy.

Dear God, I am being as brave as I can. Please protect me from what I fear most. Please give me confidence in your protective shield that you will not let that happen to me. I am at your feet, Lord.

• Moderator Emeritus

Night sweats are torture.