Suicide Attempts During Teens Not Linked to Problems Later in Life

UnfoldingSky

http://www.madinamerica.com/2014/12/suicide-attempts-youth-linked-problems-later-life/

Suicide Attempts During Teens Not Linked to Problems Later in Life

December 9, 2014

Suicide attempts during adolescence are not strongly associated with suicide risk or depression later in life, according to research from a joint Canadian and US team in the journal Depression and Anxiety.

More at above link.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Really didn't expect this outcome.  Do they honestly forgo giving people diagnoses of depression later in life after they have had a suicide attempt?  Never thought they would do that in today's drug climate.

They seem to suggest too if you follow the link that some of the suicides attempts are from anxiety treatments, or maybe I am misreading this.  Bit tired here.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy