SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Junior's Journey

Junior

Your post has been noted by the mods.

You might want to read this thread:

What will get you warned or banned.

Please note the first 3 lines of Alto's post #2.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Junior

• Ever

• Frustrated

• Micromonster

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why you think there is a problem here.  I posted about my OWN book in my OWN journal. A book, incidentally, about my journey though IVF - which was very painful as I did not have success.  I am not hurting anyone by posting it.  If I thought that was the case, i wouldn't have posted it.

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Family history of Bipolar Disorder - goes back at least 3 generations

Adult son with autism, ADHD, intellectual disability and Bipolar II

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

• Administrator

You may put a link to your book in your signature. Thanks.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Junior, congratulations on completing and publishing your book! I know from having read on your journal on PP that it was a long and painful process, though as I understand it a therapeutic one that was suggested by and/or guided by your therapist. (Forgive me if I don't remember accurately all the particulars about that.)

Writing a book is a huge accomplishment. Especially when writing about something so painful. I expect it will help other women who have been unable to have successful IVF's, as you had mentioned you hoped it will.

I had forgotten that the rules about commercial links, at least in terms of one's own creations, are different on this site. I too would have inadvertently made the same mistake. I think the difference in policy here from the "Prior Place" as BrassMonkey referred to it :D resulted from some incidents some time back where at least one member misused this group badly. Having known you so long, I feel quite certain that it not the situation with you, but I do understand why they can't have rules that apply to some members and not others.

But I hope I'm not breaking any rules by saying how happy I am for you for your accomplishment!

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

In so pleased your book is finished, I'm really looking forward to it, especially seeing as it's ivf. Will read it at the weekend. Hope all is well, how's the supplements going? I heard good things about magnesium but made the mistake of reading the back of the packet and it scared me! The trouble I've had (like all of us in this group) Coming off SSRIs has made me scared to touch anything! Glad it's working for you. Sleepless nights are horrible!!!!

paroxatine.30mg-98-14 (16years)/15mg March 14/15mg may 2014 every two days on docs advice, went nuts so went up to 10mg. Took 2months to stabilise.10mg July 2014-sept 2014 (6.9mg)tried WD at 10% every two weeks. went nuts, nearly left husband, cats and country.10mg sept-December 14/9mg Dec-Jan 15/8.5mg Jan-Feb 15/8mg Feb-March 15/7.5mg march 15/7mg march-present. By October, off meds and on ivf. 3 failed ivf and end of 11yr relationship.10mg/July 16- July 17/5mg Jan 18- july 18

0mg july- present. Really struggling 

Thanks Micro.  Just a quick caution - it's not free.  I spent a lot of money trying to get it out there.  I had an agent but he couldn't find a publisher so I've gone the self-publishing route.  It's not expensive though - @10AUD.  Hope that is ok.

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

Update on me:

Sleep is still an unknown quantity.  I never know, from night to night, what is going to happen. lol.  Last night I drifted off ok but woke at 4.30am.  Drifted into a dream an hour or so later but was awake by 6.30am and that was it.  It's a funny thing though because when my morning dose of Citalopram kicks in, I can sleep for another 1.5 hours or so.  So I often go back to bed after my son has been picked up for his Day Program.  One day I will get my sleep pattern back.  I used to be such a solid sleeper.   I could sleep through the world blowing up. *sigh*

The swollen sinus thing is driving me nuts.  Some days my nose runs - just a small amount but enough to be darned annoying - some days it's not too bad.  But my sinuses are almost constantly swollen.  I guess this too shall pass.  On the other hand, my asthma is a lot better than when it was first diagnosed in March 2014.  I have many days now where I just need my preventative dose morning and night and that's it.  When I first started using Symbicort it was AM, PM and up to 4 times during the day.

The hot flushes have gone so the stuff my naturopath has me on is obviously working but lord knows what is happening with my 'secondary hypothyroidism' due to an underactive pituitary.  I have no doubt this is part of my sleep issue because about 3 months month ago, it all finally seemed to be settling (I was diagnosed with rT3 syndrome in mid-2013) and sleep, intestinal gas, constipation - they all settled.  I had a lovely window for about a week then it all started again ....

• Moderator Emeritus

Current Regime

AM

Thyrobalance – 1

Femarin – 1

Astress – 1

Neuro-enhance – 1

Thryo-HPA- Forte – 1

AllergE – 1

Thybalance Spray – 3 sprays under the tongue

Cipramil – 20mg

HRT

Telfast, as needed (one daily)

Chewable Calcium with D

PM

Thyrobalance – 1

Femarin – 1

Astress – 1

Neuro-enhance – 1

Thryo-HPA- Forte – 1

AllergE – 1

Thybalance Spray – 3 sprays under the tongue

Before bed

Valerian Forte – 2

Melatonin – 3mg

Imovane – 7.5mg

Junior could you include your regime in your signature for us please? 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Just letting you know that I really don't think I'm going to be here much longer.

Brassmonkey and Ever know how to contact me, if I suddenly disappear.

Micromonster, I would like to stay in touch with you - so feel free to get my details from either of the above.

Sadly I have had to delete the link to my blog from this site due to someone wanting to 'convince' me that I know nothing about mental illness.  Since only  a few former PPers - people I trust - were aware of my blog before I posted the link here, I have to assume that the person is from here.  In future, if anyone from here wants to take this up with me, please PM me or talk to me here.  My blog is my own personal record and I will not allow people to attack me there.

Sadly I have had to delete the link to my blog from this site due to someone wanting to 'convince' me that I know nothing about mental illness. 

Hmm. Isn't that exactly what you did to others on PP and are now doing here? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

"In fact, the disagreements I've with others on whether to take meds or not has helped me to understand that I've lived with and known more severe mental illness than many others I know." -Junior

"I am also very keen to raise awareness of what mental illness really is - since I've heard and seen many comments displaying people's lack of knowledge and understanding of these." --Junior

"Painful because it was brought home to me how little many people know about the mental illness of those who did NOT take psych drugs prior." --Junior

FYI, your blog may be your "personal record", but it's one that is made public for all the world to see. You're totally fine with people commenting as long as they agree with you, and anyone who doesn't is automatically labeled an "extremist." Okay then.

And before you criticize me for posting in your journal, please remember that you said:

"In future, if anyone from here wants to take this up with me, please PM me or talk to me here."

a.k.a JMarie

Paxil since Mar.1998

2006-2007:40-20mg
2009: 20mg to 14mg 2010: 14mg to 10.5mg 2011: 10.5 to 7.6mg  2012: 7.5 to 6.8mg

2013: 6.7-6.3mg 2014: 6.2mg-5.8mg 2015: 5.7 to 5.15mg 2016: 5.1-4.6mg

1/19/17: 4.5mg 3/17/17: 4.4mg

6/15/17: 4.35mg 8/10/17: 4.3mg

1/29/18: 4.1mg 5/07/18: 4.0mg

7/31/18: 3.9mg

Really?? Aren't people on here in bad enough shape without baiting others into an argument and undue stress? Move on ....

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

Junior has already said she does not think she will be here much longer. We could all try to make her remaining time here much more pleasant for her. It is always good to remember that we are all suffering to some degree and try not to make things worse for anyone else if we can help it.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

3.5 hours sleep last night.  Woke at 3am and never got back to sleep.  Ughhh.  I hate those nights.  Had a good day out with a couple of girlfriends today so that was good. Amazing what you can do on minimal sleep. 

BUT...  my bother rang earlier.  Mum's been in a car accident. I believe she is ok but waiting for an x-ray.  Her neck is in a brace as she has quite a bit of bruising around her neck and shoulders and they won't take it off until the x-ray is done. She's 75 so this is going to have a big impact emotionally.  Think I know where my energies will be going in the coming weeks.

So sorry to hear of this Junior.   :(

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

• Moderator Emeritus

That's no good Junior, hope she is ok

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

I hope Mum is okay.  Car accidents are so shocking for everyone, not just the victim.  We are still going through the aftermath of the one Monica had on the 6th.  Do what you need to do Junior.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS to both))))))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thanks Ever, Dalsaan and BM.  She's ok.  Still in hospital but ok.

Now - to something that I've been thinking about for a few days now.  I'll post it below.

So long and thanks for all the fish

When I joined SA, just over a month ago, it was with the intention of making a fresh start.  PP – my home for more than 5 years – had closed and I wanted to keep in touch with the friends I had made there.  I did not, however, want to bring past issues from PP with me.  I felt that that was unfair on Alto and the staff of SA who already had to deal with the sudden influx of a large group of ‘refugees’. Specifically, I was not going to talk about mental illness.

Unfortunately, from Day 1, I did not feel supported or welcome. So now that I am past the acute stage of w/d from my Aropax / Paxil c/t (Citalopram did help my moods at first and helped me avoid hospital but has otherwise done very little), I feel the time has come for me to move on.  Constantly rehashing old issues and dealing with inter-personal conflict is stressful and is impeding my recovery.

Also, I need to focus on my ageing parents and the issue of whether they should be driving now. To say nothing of balancing their needs with the ongoing needs of my son and of course my husband.

A special thanks to the friends I made at PP.  You know who you are.

Thank you also to those at SA who did make me feel welcome.

I wish you all a speedy recovery and much good health and happiness in the years to come.

I respectfully ask that my account be de-activated  / closed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Junior,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope she feels better soon.  I read your post above and I'm sorry you have not felt supported here.  I wish you well for your own recovery and the future, if you ever decide to come back when you are ready to taper from Citalopram, you will always be welcome.

Here are the instructions for deactivating your account:

How can I cancel, close, or deactivate my account?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Mentor

Hi Junior.  I got family history of depression.  Dad suicided.   Only one I know in a huge family, but somehow that is enough to make it "genetic"               bollocks.

I have two grandkids with autism  ... unmedicated, called that because they are bright, bored at school , and in australia, if the school has autistic kids, gets more funding.  Oh and daughter gets more centrelink

Another grandchild should have been aborted, according to pressure from doctors, as she would never be able to feed herself, (scans)...............well sorry to say she is 9 and perfectly fine, top of her class.

Beware of the labels people put on you, or the labels you put on yourself

Good luck x  Apologies, just reading thru your thread quickly, with your complaints n stuff.  I know nothing about PP and politics.   Wish you good fortune with your family  x

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.