☼ KittyQ

KittyQ

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kitty,

I noticed the same thing, in fact before I found this site, 'ascension' was one of the theories I had about what was happening to me, another one was kundalini activation :)

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KittyQ

• brassmonkey

• aberdeen

• Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kitty!! Hang in there. I hate mornings too, but like you, they have improved so much since earlier times. We're healing, slowly but surely...good luck with your results. Try not to worry (i know, whatever)

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

Hi Kitty,

I noticed the same thing, in fact before I found this site, 'ascension' was one of the theories I had about what was happening to me, another one was kundalini activation :)

Yes, I've looked up the kundalini activation as well.  It's weird that the symptoms are much the same as the withdrawal/recovery....Whatever it all is, I sure wish it would get done with itself.  Maybe that's why some of us are taking so long to recover.  Maybe we're actually involved in more than one kind of re-wiring....Who knows?

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

• Administrator

Very happy to hear you can see you're doing better. I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hey Kitty!! Hang in there. I hate mornings too, but like you, they have improved so much since earlier times. We're healing, slowly but surely...good luck with your results. Try not to worry (i know, whatever)

Thanks, aberdeen.  It is always comforting to hear from you.  I hope you are doing better and all.  I think of you often, being a fellow artistic person.... I wonder what, if anything, I'll be doing in that area eventually.  I really don't know....

Take care of yourself...

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

Very happy to hear you can see you're doing better. I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Thanks, Altostrata.  I hope I will be adding a success story soon, too.  I'm worn out waiting....

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

• Moderator Emeritus
Yes, I've looked up the kundalini activation as well.  It's weird that the symptoms are much the same as the withdrawal/recovery....Whatever it all is, I sure wish it would get done with itself.  Maybe that's why some of us are taking so long to recover.  Maybe we're actually involved in more than one kind of re-wiring....Who knows?

Because I have a fairly open mind about these things, I think its a possibility.  You might find this thread interesting:

Kundalini & shamanic initiatory illness

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Because I have a fairly open mind about these things, I think its a possibility.  You might find this thread interesting:

Kundalini & shamanic initiatory illness

Yes!  This thread is where I first found the information about kundalini....it's amazing how the symptoms are the same, isn't it?  I'm still tired of it though.....whatever it is.

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

I keep finding more and more sites about ascension symptoms and explanations that definitely "speak" to me.  I'm amazed at how many of these sites there are....and relieved.  For me, it's a real thing and is helping me understand why I am still experiencing "symptoms".  I have been in withdrawal in the beginning, but, I truly believe I am now dealing with this as well.  But, it's OKAY and I will be OKAY.  

Now I just have to get through these up coming doctor appointments where I must convince these "professionals" that I am ONLY willing to treat any conditions I have with natural substances..  No toxic drugs for me. Diet, exercise and natural supplements   That's all.  So far my results are only slightly above normal and could be attributed to W/D anyway.  So, it's the natural route for me and also letting more time pass.  I bet I will be just fine.  

It's the doctors themselves I hate trying to talk to.  But, I have found out some useful information, for me, in this process.  It just, unfortunately, involves dealing with the medical community.  Maybe I'll be surprised and NOT get the response I'm afraid of.  I admit, I am paranoid about them. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

Hi Kitty-- I'm glad to hear that your're doing so much better.  I had a look at some of the ascension sites and found it all quit familiar.  A person can't go through such an experience as WD and not come out changed.  For us the majority of our humanity has been chemically stripped away and the world then sifted through one grain of sand at a time as we try to rebuild.  It is a torturous, wrenching process, but I feel that we emerge  as better people.  One of the hards parts to accept is that we are doing it involuntarily.  I first faced that during my "Seven Years of Pain", but I was lucky that I had several years of spiritual training under my belt and was able to understand what was happening and work with it.  Those experiences held me in good stead when, many years later, I started passing through chemical torment caused by my Paxil use and have helped me navigate the changing world as I have emerged on the other side.  I have mentioned on many other threads that this is our second chance at life that many others won't get and we should take full advantage of it.  Just think of the positive changes that can be made if the tens of millions of us who will be going through this in the next years will let it be a growing experience.  The inner strength, confidence, clarity and world view I have gained are amazing, almost to the point of moving beyond the pain etc. I went through to get here.  There is still some acceptance to be dealt with on that issue, all in it's own time.  Life is too precious and short to be ruled by bitterness, the past is over and done with, can't be changed and must be let go of, and that gets into another subject for another time.

Best of luck with the doctors.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just bumping my journal so I can find it. 

You can find your own threads by clicking on "My Content" and then on the left click "Only Topics".

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

I don't find "my content" anywhere...duh!

I wanted to thank Brass for that amazing post on here.  I wish I could be as brave as you and was handling all of this with the elegance that you are.  Withdrawal or ascension, it all feels the same and I'll be so glad when I'm done with it.

One thing I've found out from the blood work, etc, is that I am very deficient in vitamin D.  What the doctor prescribed...after I did my research...is not recommended anymore...(figures)...so, I've got myself on what I should have now.  She gave me D2, which is synthetic (!), instead of D3, which is the kind our bodies make.  Why would she do that?  So far, everything I've been prescribed has been wrong or unnecessary.  But, I'm taking care of it, being proactive and finding the right things.  Really, any symptoms I've had are due to the Vit. D shortage, so, I think I'm doing fine.  There is one more test they wanted to do just to be sure and I will be glad when that is over with.  I really hate being on the doctor-go-round.  They are so blinded by Big Pharma....aaugh!  Don't get me started.  We really do have to take care of ourselves.

Being in the state I'm in....better, but, still too much fear and anxiety...makes going through this doctor stuff really hard.  But, I do have test results to work from and I'll figure it out.

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

" I wish I could be as brave as you and was handling all of this with the elegance that you are. "

But you are. I have followed your journals both on PP and here and the things you have been through, trials you passed, situations you have dealt with.  It has been quite remarkable to watch the changes take place with each one.  One thing about personal growth is that it is very rarely "ah ha"  moments.  It is a slow morphing as an unacceptable trait is recognized, worked through and replaced with something more positive.  Quit often one never even sees it happening as it is frequently an unconscious decision "no, I'm going to do it this way this time, because the other way hasn't worked".  By the mere fact that you have been going to ascension websites and have thought about the process tells me that it is happening.  All in all it is a wrenching, confusing, scary process that is hard to recognize.  As for my elegance about it, I just happen to be able to put it into words because I have spent many hours in discussions with others while working my way through the process. I don't talk about the uncertainty, anxiety,  loneliness, late night crying jags, because they are just symptoms of the changes I am making and don't count because of what I am finding within myself.  Like with WD it is totally individual, we are all walking on the same road, but on different sides.

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thanks, Brass....it's such a help to have the support and acknowledgement.  The people I'm around and who live here with me now, all mean well, but, I have to keep all my fears and trials to myself and it's quite lonely.  I know you know that as well.  Thanks for knowing and being here.  You are such a gift.  

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

Ahhh, finally figured out how to find my content.....  And, my car PASSED EMISSIONS TEST!  That is always a trauma for me.  I feel like less of an idiot now....

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

• 3 weeks later...

How are things kitty? Car drama is ridiculous. My husband has been putting of an emissions test forever and getting tickets because his sticker is overdue. So dumb. I think Im noticing small changes in the anhedonia. I can now get interested in hobbies again, but still lack any lasting motivation, but the thoughts are returning. I find myself online looking for inspiration for various projects and even gathering supplies. Its a start. How is yours?

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

That's a great start, Aberdeen.  I find I sometimes have motivation and sometimes I don't, so I try to work on my projects when the motivation is there (and try not to beat myself up too much when it isn't).

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

How are things kitty? Car drama is ridiculous. My husband has been putting of an emissions test forever and getting tickets because his sticker is overdue. So dumb. I think Im noticing small changes in the anhedonia. I can now get interested in hobbies again, but still lack any lasting motivation, but the thoughts are returning. I find myself online looking for inspiration for various projects and even gathering supplies. Its a start. How is yours?

Hey, aberdeen, I've been wondering how you were doing.  That's great that you are getting some urges again.  I sort of get them.  I get ideas and think about doing something about them, but, that energy we need to make it happen is still elusive for me.  Sometimes I can get away with doing something for a little bit, but, I run out of that creative gas too soon.  I've had ideas about wanting to do paintings, but, now that there are so many people living here with me, and my "artist space" had been reduced or eliminated, I have no where that I can do that.  It's frustrating.  I'm crammed into my room and have nowhere to go right now.

I'm finally through with all the medical "testing" the so called "doctors" wanted to do.  To be fair, I did need to find out a few things....but having ct scans and sonograms scared the heck out of me and I was just as frightened of the doctors as I was of the procedures.   Every time I had to go I was consumed with worry...it's so dumb and useless, but, my system just wouldn't behave.  But, I got through it all and basically I'm ok.  I did need to KNOW about the vitamin D deficiency...so, it was all necessary, unfortunately.  Next I need to start work on my teeth.  Between what paxil does to dental health AND the vitamin deficiency, I need a lot of repairs now.  At least there is some medicare coverage for that now.  I am procrastinating however......because I'll probably worry about that as well.  Just have to cowgirl up and do it, though.  Then I can actually SMILE again...hopefully without scaring anybody.

I still get w/d stuff, but, it's way less intense...I can certainly feel that it's w/d flavored, because it has that acidic "taste"....but, it's gradually reducing.  I'm also very bored because I still can't be involved with "living" yet.  I'm still waiting for the JOY to show up.  That is what makes life worth while....finding the joy and being able to feel it wholeheartedly.  We've been denied that blessing...going through this recovery.  

I also believe I am experiencing a lot of the ascension processing as well.  It's curious that the symptoms of that are so similar to our w/d symptoms.....I'm not sure where they start and end or co-mingle????  But, whatever is going on, all I can do is endure and keep heading forward.....

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

Hi Kitty-- I'm so glad you checked out okay, it is such a load off knowing for sure what is right and what is wrong.  I've been fighting with the dentist since Christmas, have to go back in of Friday for a follow up.  All the work he did and it still doesn't feel right.  I have been thinking about breaking out the paints again, which surprises me, because it was prepaxil was the last time I really did any painting.  I think I'll start out easy with a little sketching first for a while.  I always found doing a painting to be rather traumatic, not a fun experience at all.  It's so nice to see that all of us "artsie" types are starting to get our mojo back.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Kitty its a start! Its all intermittent with me still too, the interest, not so  much the mental energy, thats consistently low still. But I get little times where i feel love or a flutter over something cute and sweet, even tear up a little in that happy/sad way. But its fleeting still.

I would die being denied my personal space. Thats a tough one to take when you're a creative person, we need to be alone to process ideas ect! Hang in there, it'll come....

Kitty its a start! Its all intermittent with me still too, the interest, not so  much the mental energy, thats consistently low still. But I get little times where i feel love or a flutter over something cute and sweet, even tear up a little in that happy/sad way. But its fleeting still.

I would die being denied my personal space. Thats a tough one to take when you're a creative person, we need to be alone to process ideas ect! Hang in there, it'll come....

Thanks, aberdeen.  It is tough.  i feel very displaced and it's not anyone else's fault....it's no one's fault...it's just the way it is.  But, it's frustrating to get these little urges and not be able to do anything with them for lack of space and privacy.  It just occurred to me that we'd all probably benefit from being able to throw all our frustrations on to a canvas with paint or whatever.  I can see myself going wild....but, I can't afford the paint.  Just one of those weird, fleeting thoughts that immediately seems dumb.  

I have been cleaning up parts of the yard, getting rid of the weeds and making a pleasant place outdoors to be in, (at least until it gets too darn hot to be out there.).  I even feel some accomplishment about it.  And, THAT is new.  For so long, no matter what I did or fixed or improved, it didn't matter at all and I only felt criticism about it.  These are all things I WAS NOT LIKE before....not at all.  Oh well......

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

• Moderator Emeritus

I even feel some accomplishment about it.  And, THAT is new. 

That is great news, I hope it continues.  And I hope that some time soon you can find a place where you can do your painting or other projects.  We all need some space somewhere.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine

"For so long, no matter what I did or fixed or improved, it didn't matter at all and I only felt criticism about it.  These are all things I WAS NOT LIKE before....not at all."

I can really relate to this. And when you have that small break and feel like the old you, its so unreal how far apart the two are!

"For so long, no matter what I did or fixed or improved, it didn't matter at all and I only felt criticism about it.  These are all things I WAS NOT LIKE before....not at all."

I can really relate to this. And when you have that small break and feel like the old you, its so unreal how far apart the two are!

Oh boy, so true!  I still get amazed and overwhelmed when I realize how far away from "myself" I have gotten to.  All of this w/d and/or ascension stuff has kept me so fuzzy headed and confused, even on better days, that I mostly don't really know how far from the self I was, I have gotten.  And, I don't really want to be the person I WAS....due to the purging that I have going on now, I don't want to be exactly who I was before.  I wasn't a "bad" person at all, just different and it fit the "level" I was in.....but, this is a newer time...this experience or experiences have changed some perceptions and they don't fit that old "me"..  

I'm just still in some sort of void or limbo....in between what was and what will be.  I don't like it....it's groundless....it's lonely....it's boring along with being scary.  I'm fed up with waiting out everyday....hoping for the time when I arrive wherever it is that I will.  It's supposed to be WAY better than this....and I sure hope it is.

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

I think it will be better than this. It really is limbo isn't it? After this much time, it will be interesting to see who we emerge as. I think our creativity will take on totally different and new angles too.

I don't think we will be who we were even at 100 percent recovery. We see the world differently now and have a new understanding of how dangerous man made medicines are. Also we have been suffering so much that when we end up feeling good again we won't waste it. We will accomplish so much more. I don't want to be who I was. I want to be more.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

I don't want to be who I was. I want to be more.

So true, and beautifully said.

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

OMG Kitty, I SO identify with how you are feeling! Thank you for expressing it, I feel validated in just knowing that I am not alone with this weird feeling. It's almost like I'm floating in space, still present, still going through the motions, but not engaged. Maybe I will call it "shadow living", since it's not really living as much as a shadow of what living is meant to be. Although, we all have our crosses to bear I suppose, whether suffering from med WD or not.

I used to feel some satisfaction upon accomplishing any small task, which kept me motivated to keep doing all the things that needed to be done. I took it for granted, of course, not knowing anything else. Now it seems it wouldn't matter if I leapt tall buildings and saved the world, there would be nothing. It makes me very sad if I dwell on it so I try not to, but that is also challenging and a struggle.

What I do know, is that this is definitely from these horrid drugs, and that in time, it will disappear. It's a struggle to remind myself of this everyday and every minute practically, but I have to - we have to. There is an end to this WD tunnel and together, we will find it. Whatever it takes to keep the faith and the hope alive, we must do. Hang in there my fellow sufferers.

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

• 1 month later...

Been reading around here on the site and it is appalling how many people are going through this mess.  New ones all the time.  It's like an epidemic.  

I'm still trudging on, too.  Also, I go back and read from the journal I keep in a notebook from time to time and CAN see the small improvements...   I'm NOT out of these woods, but, I do see small changes from like a year ago.  Lately, though, I've had an ongoing dialog in my mind that is NOT coming from me exactly.  It's all negative and mean, nasty ideas directed at myself and sometimes very judgemental about anything and everything.  No matter what I think about, it spins it into some very bad, scary direction or just flat out MAKES IT UP..  Then I have to STOP the whole thing, step back, re-position myself.  It's like there's some shadow gremlin whose job it is to attack me as much as it can and keep me mixed up and distracted.  The intensity changes.  Sometimes it's not TOO bad, and other times it's relentless.  It's very tiring and annoying...even though I catch it within a minute or so.  I guess I just described "intrusive thoughts".  These are "thoughts" I never would have entertained before this w/d thing. I've had some form of this all along, it's just that I've noticed it being ramped up a lot lately.

Otherwise, in general I'm sure not where I was in the first 3 to 4 years of this stuff.  I get ideas of creative things I'd be doing (I think), if I could afford it and had a decent place to do it.  I am SO financially strapped, though that I can't....and it is certainly adding to my stress.  So many things could be eased up if I wasn't in this financial state.  

I do go sit outside a lot and just watch nature....the birds and lizards and bunnies and squirrels and whatever else shows up in the yard.  I'm in a rural area so there are a lot of visitors.  But, it's finally hit the 100's temperature wise and will get warmer as the days move forward, so, I don't sit out very long now.  It's just too darn hot.  It's too bad because being outside does help.  It's grounding somehow and a relief from my bedroom.  As soon as I go out the door I can feel some of the stress just float off.  If I could afford to and had an air-conditioned, dependable car, I'd jut GO....  I'd drive anywhere and just look and look and watch the changing landscape...go different places for lunch...just GO.  

Lots of times, I feel like I'm some visitor here...some alien from someplace else and I just want to watch and see what this planet and the people here go do and what they act like.  A lot of what is taken as everyday activity looks odd to me....like watching a new culture and just seeing the differences in how the people live and interact.  Like going to a "restaurant" and having other people bring you food and everyone knows how it works.  It's just understood.  It's weird because "I've" been there and do it too and still...it's like I'm "undercover" and just observing.  So freakin" weird....!  It's like being in at least two places at once.

I mean, just what the heck AM I?

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

Hi Kitty-- boy does that all sound familiar. It's great that you are able to catch it and change the channel so quickly, it's the only way to keep it under control and not let it over power you.  Too bad it is getting so hot, being outside is such a help.  Maybe getting out at night and watching the sky would work.  Things do sound like they have improved from just a couple of months ago.

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Bless you, Tom!  You're such a support.  And I will try going out at night more.  Just sit on the porch and watch the sky...especially if the moon is up there.  Me and the skeeters....  I could take my citronella candle for protection.  

((((((((((HUGS BACK)))))))))))))

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

• 2 months later...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has found that they feel REJECTED really, really easily.  I'm like thin glass...I shatter over the smallest disregard.  I keep it to myself, but, it really hurts.  I hate being so fragile...  I hide it because I don't want to appear even more rediculous than I already am.

My recovery limps along, but, I have noticed this "reaction" all through this "experience" and I'm really fed up with it.  I hate feeling so weak and alone.  I'm basically sure it's just me...that I'm not totally unwanted...it just FEELS that way.  AAUGH!....this crap is.....indescribable!

Really...other than this current meltdown because of a dumb misunderstanding....things are improving in their idiotic, non-linear way.  It's just slow as ever.

Power to us all....

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

hey Kitty, yes, thats neuro emotions at their finest. I get the same way. Very easy to feel rejected and unloved. Its a horrible feeling. I am sure its very exaggerated. Sometimes I dont even need a trigger, i just start thinking things and drawing conclusions out of thin air, always about those closest to me, esp my family. I find it very hard not to react sometimes.

Glad to hear some things are improving, slow as it may be. I was sick with a nasty long lived virus and its put me in a tail spin of anxiety and early wake up adrenaline and doom again. This whole process can screw itself. I was done years ago,lol. hang in there Kitty, nice to hear from you.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has found that they feel REJECTED really, really easily.  I'm like thin glass...I shatter over the smallest disregard.  I keep it to myself, but, it really hurts.  I hate being so fragile...  I hide it because I don't want to appear even more rediculous than I already am.

My recovery limps along, but, I have noticed this "reaction" all through this "experience" and I'm really fed up with it.  I hate feeling so weak and alone.  I'm basically sure it's just me...that I'm not totally unwanted...it just FEELS that way.  AAUGH!....this crap is.....indescribable!

Really...other than this current meltdown because of a dumb misunderstanding....things are improving in their idiotic, non-linear way.  It's just slow as ever.

Power to us all....

Yes, I have this and it is horrible. I've been Zoloft free for 30 months and this is as bad as it was in the beginning.....maybe more so now because of the current stress in my life. You are not alone. Like you, I pretend to not be offended.....thankfully we can do that

amd I think that is a good sign.....to notice that the feelings are exaggerated and to contain them and not act on them is a lot....let's give ourselves credit for that.

June, 1998 zoloft 50 mg. Had entered menopause, was irritable and anxious

Summer 2010, added welbutrin to zoloft, switched to effexor,did not work
9/ 2010 zoloft 75 mg. 11/25/10 50 mg.  12/30 45
1/19/11 40.5 2/6 36.5 3/7 32.8
3/29 29.5 4/20 25 5/28 22.5
6/16 20.2 7/7 18.2 7/28 16.4
8/18 14.7 9/8 13.0 9/23 12.5
10/10 11.2 11/6 10.6 11/9 11.2
12/7 10.5 1/1/12 10 2/1 9.5
3/1 9 3/23 8.5 4/30 5/29 7.5 6/26 7 7/31 6.5
8/22 6 9/15 5.5 10/2012/17 4.8 (switched to homemade liquid) 2/8/2013 zoloft free

Thanks, guys....it always helps to know I'm not alone....that these idiotic reactions are not reality.  I'm constantly amazed that even knowing that, the feelings feel absolutely real.  And, compared to "normal" life, I don't seem to get use to it so I can disregard it.  By that I mean it's always FRESH....and forces itself in.  So weird.  Definitely a different kind of "reality"....except it isn't real.  No wonder we all feel crazy.

And, yeah...aberdeen, I do that too.  Creating "crap" out of thin air.  I catch myself and then stop it as much as I can, but, it starts up again later.  

This is all way less intense than in the beginning of this w/d nightmare, but, even any taste of it is TOO much.  There's a PTSD flavor to it, I think.  Just too long a time under this torture so that even a little of it goes a long way.

Mostly now...I still deal with feeling disconnected from everything, barely any motivation, creativity still "scares: me, so I avoid it if I can, saddness that I seem to have no purpose or place in life and those rotten, sneaky intrusive negative thoughts are still around.  Most of the physical function symptoms are much better now.  No more awful gastric stuff, or super sore, stiff muscles or really bad headaches or dizziness, etc.  So, that's a good thing.

I hope it ALL goes for good soon, though.  For ALL of us!

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

Hi Kitty-- it sounds like overall you have made some real improvements. Those pesky intrusive thoughts are such a problem along with the agitation and anger stuff.  Mine have improved somewhat so now I'm not as on guard and they sneak past and start causing trouble before I can catch them.  The connection and creativity will be coming back too.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))