Altostrata

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

thecowisback

it looks like the first site has gone but i'll have a look at the other one - thankyou ☺

Altostrata

Please discuss your own personal reinstatement issues in your Introductions topic, @thecowisback

Your chart is remarkable, @Lloyd. Is there another column where you identified the member? That would have been helpful for follow-up.

Lloyd
19 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please discuss your own personal reinstatement issues in your Introductions topic, @thecowisback

Your chart is remarkable, @Lloyd. Is there another column where you identified the member? That would have been helpful for follow-up.

Hi Alto, sorry didn't include the members names in the spreadsheet.

Altostrata

Can you identify and add them?

Lloyd
2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Here you go 😃

SADrugReinstatement.xlsx

DavidfromTexas

Is it possible to reinstate with a different drug than the original one?

If so, that seems it would be a better alternative than having to deal with dividing up beads of Cymbalta, where the beads may be designed differently even though they look the same. 

A different drug might be able to be sized down easier, or may come in much smaller doses in the first place. 

Kittygiggles

@DavidfromTexas You've probably thought of it or considered it in the past but if you're facing difficulty trusting your dosages now, it could be a time to reconsider water titration as a method of reducing your dose accurately:

However, I am not sure if Cymbalta dissolves in water very well; if it does then the difference in bead composition would no longer be an issue. I used water titration with Prozac/fluoxetine and the contents of the capsules dissolved perfectly, although it was a powder inside, not beads. 

ChessieCat
1 hour ago, DavidfromTexas said:

Is it possible to reinstate with a different drug than the original one?

If so, that seems it would be a better alternative than having to deal with dividing up beads of Cymbalta, where the beads may be designed differently even though they look the same. 

A different drug might be able to be sized down easier, or may come in much smaller doses in the first place. 

the-prozac-switch-or-bridging-with-prozac

ChessieCat
1 hour ago, Kittygiggles said:

However, I am not sure if Cymbalta dissolves in water very well; if it does then the difference in bead composition would no longer be an issue.

On 5/7/2011 at 5:26 AM, Altostrata said:

Cymbalta is tricky to taper. It does not come in liquid form and cannot be compounded into a liquid. To protect the drug, each bead inside the gelatin capsule has an enteric coating to protect the drug from stomach acid, which would destroy the drug. (It is absorbed further down in the digestive tract.) The pellets cannot be dissolved in any liquid without destroying the active ingredient.

Kittygiggles

I'm sorry, I had no idea, forgive my ignorance about this. That's so unfortunate for those on Cymbalta. Hopefully bridging will work out, if you decide to try it.