SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Purplestars22: celexa withdrawal

Purplestars22

Hello everyone so I am new here but was referred here by paxilprogress. My celexa timeline is: Started Celexa 20mg February 2008 for anxiety
Started one month taper in August 2012
Reinstated Celexa 10mg on November 2012
January 2013 5 mg every day for two weeks
5mg every other day for two weeks
5mg every 3 days for one month
5mg every 4 days every 2 months
5mg every 5 days for one month
5 mg every 4 days for one month
2.5mg every 3 days for one month
2.5mg every 2 days for one month
2.5 mg for every to days and a half for one month
Celexa free since 12/2013
Last year and this year has been the hardest for me mentally. I have been suffering from extreme debilitating brain fog, head pressure, strange irrational thoughts, I have lost all my social skills, forgetful on finding the right word when conversations, insomnia, withdrawal crippiling anxiety and loud thoughts when falling asleep. I have tried reinstating for 5 days this month but then quit bc it was not recommended after so long being off of it. I work a couple days a week at a store and it is hard for me bc of all the symptoms that I have. I don't know what to do if I just should wait it out or maybe reinstate at 2.5mg then stabilize at 5 or 10 then taper by the 10% methods. Someone please help....

Edited by scallywag
add tags

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

Alot of us were also on the other site before it closed. Welcome. I like this site very much and find it comforting at times. I hope you will find it helpful as well.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Alot of us were also on the other site before it closed. Welcome. I like this site very much and find it comforting at times. I hope you will find it helpful as well.

Thank you

Celexa free 12/2013

I don't know what I should do does anyone have suggestions?

Celexa free 12/2013

I don't think I should be giving advice but I do know that the longer you are off meds the less likely a reinstatement will work. I was off paxil five months then reinstated 1.2 mg which so far has not done me much good. I also suffer anxiety, intrusive thoughts, pain and brain fog. I think it is all part of the withdrawls and noone can even predict how long it will last. You just have to keep your chin up amd know that it will eventually pass. I am sure others will be along to offer advice and encouragement.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Purplestars22,

I'm sorry you have been feeling so unwell since coming off Celexa a year ago.  As you may already know, skipping doses is not a recommended way to taper off these drugs, but I'm sure you were doing what you thought was best at the time. 

Unfortunately, at a year out, reinstatement doesn't usually go well.  I tried to reinstate when I was over a year off Lexapro, I also tried to take Prozac, but both times it made my symptoms much worse.

The best I can offer by way of advice is to listen to your body and avoid those things that set off symptoms as much as possible. Aside from a high quality fish oil and magnesium, avoid supplements. (See King of Supplements: Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil) and Magnesium, Nature's Calcium Channel Blocker). They've been helpful to many of us. 

Here is the link to our symptoms and self care section, you may find some useful ideas to help manage symptoms as you recover.  Especially read the topics pinned at the top.

You will eventually get better.

Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature.  Putting a short version of your drug and tapering history in your signature helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts.  Here are instructions for how to do it:

http://survivinganti...your-signature/

You can use this thread as your ongoing journal to track progress and communicate with the community, add to it whenever you want.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Purplestars, I remember you from pp.  At a year off I would not attempt a reinstatement unless symptoms are really unbearable.  There is a high risk of it not working or making things worse.  Your brain has probably done a lot of rebalancing work in that time, even if it doesn't really feel like it.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Purple stars I'm dealing with CELEXa withdrawals and reinstated to 10mgs five weeks ago. I'm sleeping better but tired a lot. Waiting for my brain to wake up. All I can add is there is some great advice here from caring people. Hope you find what you need.

Thank you all for your replies. I just regret not reinstating sooner when I was off the drug. I am just tired of the waiting game and being like this with zero quality of life.

Celexa free 12/2013

I am wondering since I skipped dosses for a year will it take longer for me to heal from withdrawal? And how will it effect my nervous system?

Celexa free 12/2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Purplestars,

it's hard if not impossible to answer your question. And what would the answer mean to you? Would it help you in a constructive way? It's always best to let the bygones be bygones. Easier said than done...

Skipping doses is not good but if we want to compare ourselves, you have been on only one drug, you didn't get switched between drugs and you didn't take multiple drugs. These are all things that were very good for your nervous system so I would rather focus on those ;)

Have you notices that your symptoms have been reducing in intensity over time, however slightly? Loud thoughts as you say when falling asleep are definitely not pleasant but it's great that you can sleep. It's also great that you can work a couple of days a week. Many people can't do either. Try to focus on these positive aspects while waiting for things to get better. They will and they are.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Bubble, thank you so much for your reply I really nedded this right now since It has been so difficult. I will look at the positive from now on.

Since the last two months I have been getting a whole set of wave symptoms such as not being able to socialize, intense brain fog, loud thoughts during the day, being on the edge and negative, irrational thoughts. I have noticed some symptoms disappeared or lessen such as brain zaps and headaches. However with all this I feel that I will have better days and will get better.

Celexa free 12/2013

I would like to vent about my feelings for a bit since nobody in my life understands about wd. Last week I had sort of a window that lasted for a couple of days which helped me out a bit. During the window I had no intrusive negative, irrational thoughts, no anxiety,akathisia or head pressure. What I did have was brain fog, annedhonia and memory problems. What surprised me was that in that semi window I was in pms and usually I get some wave symptoms during that period. I couldn't fully enjoy the window because I knew that it was going to be temporarily and was scared of how I was going to be the next day. I have to learn on being present and not be preoccupied on the future. I can't believe that I have been going through this for two years now I just hope that I keep being strong and not let this affect me since sometimes I am scared but I am hopeful. One thing that happened that was strange today(wd is overall strange) is I had thoughts then I answered or my thoughts answered automatically. Like I was talking to myself automatically I hope that is only a one time thing. Has anybody had this before?

For me it's really hard posting here because Its hard for me to share my thoughts or feelings but I know that It helps to continue my healing. Also it's hard for me to post when my brain fog is debilitating and can't understand or explain myself correctly.

Celexa free 12/2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Purplestars, I'm pleased to see that you had a window of sorts, any improvement, however fleeting is

a sign of healing.  It is impossible for people to understand what we go through if they haven't been there.

It's even harder for them when everywhere they read and hear about how marvellous these drugs are.  :angry:

Don't worry about explaining yourself properly, writing about how you are feeling is good for you, and is a 

way of journalling your progress. One day you will be able to read back and see when things changed, and

sometimes will see what  triggers waves. It helps us to make some sense of the nonsense too at times. 

I have experienced what you are speaking about, answering myself! I used to cry to my doctor that there are

2 of me and they are always arguing! It still happens but not as often. I think for me now it is because I spend 

a lot of time alone with only myself to talk to, if that makes sense. But it is different to the experience when I 

was suffering badly with drug reactions and withdrawal.  

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

For me it's really hard posting here because Its hard for me to share my thoughts or feelings but I know that It helps to continue my healing. Also it's hard for me to post when my brain fog is debilitating and can't understand or explain myself correctly.

Hi Purple... want to tell you that I understood every word you said perfectly!  Also, I agree with the others... reinstating is prob not the best idea.  In a recent post you were asked if you feel a "little" better.  In other words, when you look back over the year is it a bit better than it was a year ago?  I hope you can say yes to that... even if just a whisper.   You will get better.  You are getting better every day!

Charter Member 2011

Hi PS, ivd been going through protracted wd from 10 years use of celexa for 28 1/2 months. I didn't realize what was happening to me and ended up being hospitalized several times and given fist fulls of pills. The things that im experiencing i didnt have prior to ever going on celexa, only when I stopped. Your not alone,if you have the time and feel up to it read my post. Just wantes to say hi.

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

Hello mammaP, it is tough to try explain what is happening since there is not a lot of information out there of wd. Some people think I should be over it by now and that it is just depression.

It's comforting that I could write here anything about what I am feeling and not be judged. I will forever be grateful for this site.

Celexa free 12/2013

Hey summer, thank you so much for your reassurance that I am healing and all this will go away. I do feel like I am better than I was last year just different set of symptoms.

Celexa free 12/2013

Hey skylarblue75, I had no idea that stopping Celexa would make me worse and cause a whole lot of problems. I also had no problems while being Celexa. It's crazy what these meds do to the nervous system but we live and learn. I wish you the best in your healing and thanks for reply and to all.

Celexa free 12/2013

I have been having a wave these two last days and its hard. They are not as bad as they were last month but still very bothersome. I am having irrational thoughts that I can't overcome and I am afraid that I will start believing them. I am just inside the house but plan to get out tomorrow. I just hope that when all this is done I could still be strong and does not leave me weak and frightened. I just that I could be productive and not be so disabled.

Celexa free 12/2013

**I just hope**

Celexa free 12/2013

Last Saturday I had to attend a family's member party which was a tough thing to do. I was there for a couple of hours and left me exhausted and drained. It was tough for me because the wdl has left me with no social or communication skills. I have a hard time being with a lot of people because it leaves me with a horrible state of mind. I am scared that people will judge me but i have to accept others people perception of me and cant control it. After a social event what I get is wdl/wave symptoms such as rumination, irrational, loud thoughts, brain fog, memory problems, scarred and anxiety ridden. Lately I have been getting flashbacks of the past and it is strange. I feel like I am getting worse and feel that this is the toughest thing to deal with that I am loosing it but I know it's wd but still does not help.

I know that I should avoid stress but there was no way that I couldn't go to the party or else my family would have been upset over it and tell me that i need meds to be normal. I have a sister that I don't get along with and feel is impeding my healing process. She is very negative, toxic, combative and has no sympathy for what I am going through. I know that I should limit my interaction with her and not let her affect me. I have to focus on myself and don't care what she thinks about me but its easier said than done with all the neuro emotions.

Celexa free 12/2013

Does anyone know how to deal with social situations?

Celexa free 12/2013

• 2 weeks later...

Currently had a couple of good days but now to a wave for the last 3 days. I have just been watching yt videos to not think about it. I am living in the moment practicing mindfulness and accepting everything that comes up.

Celexa free 12/2013

Mindfulness is really really hard for me. :( maybe I'm doing it wrong. Lol

I'm sorry to hear about the wave. I hope it ends very soon. Just stopping by for support.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

JDM1984 thanks for your reply, my therapist referred me to Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) last year and that is where I learned it. It takes a lot of practice and patience. It basically is being in the present moment watch thoughts come and go without bringing any judgement and focus on breathing. There is guided and information on mindfulness on YouTube. Hope it helps for you.

Celexa free 12/2013

Today has been one of the hardest day I enrolled in college for a couple of classes and my wd symptoms when through the roof. I was not able to sleep so may had an affect. I had irrational thoughts that was hard to control and caused me hard to concentrate. I felt extremely out of it I thought I was going to loose it and i was afraid that i was going to believe them. Wow it was a tough day to say the least. I just don't feel normal that causes me a hard time to communicate with people.

Celexa free 12/2013

Lookingforhope55, thanks I hope so.

Celexa free 12/2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Are you taking any supplements purplestars?

Many people find  fish oil and magnesium helpful, see King of Supplements: Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil) and Magnesium, Nature's Calcium Channel Blocker

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hey Petunia, thanks for your post I am currently taking Magnesium and plan to take fish oil.

Celexa free 12/2013

I also have these irrational thoughts and all the time when have them i am observing myself if i do not start to believe on them. It is scary, that simple little changes in neurotransmitter can bring you feel the reality other than it really is. I am also then scared that i might consider these thoughts real and act upon them. Till now i never did, but it is terrible feeling. I completely understand what you feel. Sometimes I think how could it be nice to vanish from my current life and maybe live somewhere like in the film "dances with wolves", there would not be possibility to do anything inappropriate and also not such a pressure to behave according to our expected normes in so called modern world

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Hey martina23, irrational thoughts is one of the hardest symptoms to have to endure. I just have to to be aware of them and let them pass. I found a quote about this, 'What you resist persist Don't try to resist or control the thought just be aware'. Wish you well...

Celexa free 12/2013

-Self Reflection-

One of the things that I wish had done differently was how I tapered because that is having a prolonged effect how I am living my life right now. I tapered 1 year 5 mg then to 2.5mg the whole year skipping doses. At the beginning I had no idea that was not the route to go. But then the process impaired my cognition greatly and I signed up on Paxil Progress on August of 2013 and didn't change my method of tapering. I am thinking know of why I didn't do it of what I was thinking and it took me one full year to post on that site. Since I have Social anxiety it's harder for me to express my thoughts. But I have to accept that it was my wd mind (intense brain fog) that could not comprehend things even though I was during that time I was suffering I thought that it was only temporary. I feel that i have many points against me such as took ad when i was young, c/t one time, skipped dose the next, took ad for six years and feel like i destabilized my ns. Now my symptoms are much worse than tapering and affecting my whole life it's so debilitating. I have had a couple of windows this month so that cheers me. But this whole week has been acute wd with fear terror that I was not going to make it. I never thought this amount of suffering was going to happen by taking ad. But I have to have hope that this will pass and I will get better.

Celexa free 12/2013

Yes, you have to hold on to that hope. The fact that you are already having windows is a good sign.

I also was put on at a young age (17-18) and have been on for almost 17 years! When I get hopeless I feel those are huge strikes against me, but when in a window I have more faith that healing can and does happen for everyone eventually, no natter how long you were on, etc. And don't beat yourself up about how you tapered. Many people do tapers like yours and are okay. I have met them. The evil thing with these drugs is that you never know if you are going to be one of the unlucky ones who doesn't get off so easily.

You are healing every day. You will get there.

a.k.a JMarie

Paxil since Mar.1998

2006-2007:40-20mg
2009: 20mg to 14mg 2010: 14mg to 10.5mg 2011: 10.5 to 7.6mg  2012: 7.5 to 6.8mg

2013: 6.7-6.3mg 2014: 6.2mg-5.8mg 2015: 5.7 to 5.15mg 2016: 5.1-4.6mg

1/19/17: 4.5mg 3/17/17: 4.4mg

6/15/17: 4.35mg 8/10/17: 4.3mg

1/29/18: 4.1mg 5/07/18: 4.0mg

7/31/18: 3.9mg