☼ Purplestars22: celexa withdrawal

Purplestars22

• Moderator Emeritus

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Oh Purplestars22,  What a great update!

I'd declare Success here, and if you'd like to just add the above post to The Success Stories forum that would be super.  So many looking for hope.  You could just come up with a title, and then just use the start new topic button at the top right of that forum, and just copy and paste, or further add details if you'd like.

You have come a long way!  Huge amount of progress......and.......well, success. ❤️🤗

Congrats and hugs!

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 1/12/2021 at 4:39 PM, Kimboslice said:

Thanks for the reply @Purplestars22. I’d just like to ask one more question if I can. I noticed during the first 2-3 years you actively logged your withdrawal until 2017. I hope you don’t mind me asking, what were your reasons for taking a back seat and remaining inactive on the site until your recent update? I’m just intrigued if it was an action you took strategically or just something that happened naturally as you improved. 

Hello Kimboslice, no problem and ask away any questions that you may have, I will gladly answer all of them. I would check the site every few hours during the first 2-3 years because that is when my symptoms were unbearable and wanted to get relief from them and it was therapeutic to relate to people and also be able to communicate how I was feeling since this was my only outlet. As I started feeling better, I did not get the urge to login and lived my life slowly back to normal doing my regular activities. I think it will be natural for you and others to stay back from the site and regain and take control of your life, when wd is not the majority part of your life. It just happened naturally for me, and then I remembered about this site and logged in.                                            Take care, Purplestars

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

On 1/14/2021 at 2:04 PM, Hopefull said:

Well done Purplestars 22!

@Hopefull Thank you so much Hopefull, I re-read my thread a few days ago, and noticed you were such a special part in my recovery by checking up on me and posting in my thread. I am getting emotional typing this, but I want to thank you and am grateful that that you encouraged me in my journey. I truly hope you are doing amazing and wish you the best! You are beyond amazing.   Take care, Purplestars22

Celexa free 12/2013

23 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Oh Purplestars22,  What a great update!

I'd declare Success here, and if you'd like to just add the above post to The Success Stories forum that would be super.  So many looking for hope.  You could just come up with a title, and then just use the start new topic button at the top right of that forum, and just copy and paste, or further add details if you'd like.

You have come a long way!  Huge amount of progress......and.......well, success. ❤️🤗

Congrats and hugs!

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Hello manymoredays, thank you so much I always wanted to get the sun in my profile. I always thought I was far from getting it, but time heals all. I may have setbacks but at the end of the day I know I will be okay. What a success my journey has been.   Cheers, Purplestars

Celexa free 12/2013

On 1/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, Purplestars22 said:

@Hopefull Thank you so much Hopefull, I re-read my thread a few days ago, and noticed you were such a special part in my recovery by checking up on me and posting in my thread. I am getting emotional typing this, but I want to thank you and am grateful that that you encouraged me in my journey. I truly hope you are doing amazing and wish you the best! You are beyond amazing.   Take care, Purplestars22

Thank you so much,  that is so sweet of you. I also wish you the best. Take care, Hopefull.❤

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

And as is customary, I will now close Purplestars22 topic to further replies.

And will refer you to Purplestars22: Celexa Success Story(Celexa Free 7 Years)

And best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• manymoretodays locked this topic