SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ nz11 climbs onboard

nz11

• Moderator Emeritus

How so nz?

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I dont know how so ...im reminded there may well be an exception to every rule.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you actually moved from Ekatuana (?)  to a place called Cape Foulwind , or are these places you go

in your mind?

:D

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Foulwind

It tends to blow in from the west....

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Just noticed another member save this so i decided i would too

Desperata (Acute Withdrawal Version)

Go reluctantly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace their used to be in silence, before you got tinnitus.

As far as possible without losing your job, home, relationships and everything which is dear to you, limit contact with all persons.

Speak the truth about withdrawal quietly and clearly, even though others will treat you like an idiot, saying you are telling a story.

Avoid loud and aggressive drug pushing doctors of all kinds, they are a danger to your health.

If you compare yourself with others, you will feel depressed and hopeless because right now everyone seems greater than yourself.

Hang onto any positive memory you can find in the dark murky depths of your mind.

If you still have a career, you are lucky, or you just don’t have withdrawal all that bad.

The business world is full of trickery and crooks, you got scammed by the biggest of the bunch…Big Pharma

But try and look on the bright side, there are a handful of heroes in the world who write books and speak up for us in court and sometimes even answer our emails.

Be yourself, even if you don’t know who you are any more, DP/DR sucks and even the grass looks weird, the whole world has become enchanted by a strange curse.

Take kindly any helpful advice you are offered by well meaning friends and family as the days, months and years roll by, gracefully surrendering your desire for them to really understand what you are going through.

Watch helplessly as your spiritual strength dissolves into a puddle at your feet.

Distress and imaginings will take on a life of their own, as will fear, fatigue and loneliness. A wholesome diet may help, gentle walking and let someone else discipline the kids, you’re just too fragile at the moment. 

You are a survivor of psychiatry, less important than the power and wealth accumulated at your expense, you have no rights.

And valid or not, clearly, your diagnosis now defines a universal truth.

However, God will still love you, as will your cat or dog, whatever the outcome.

Therefore find peace in your pets if noise is too much for your sensitive soul, keep confusion to a minimum, your brain needs to rest.

With all its pain, anxiety and sleepless nights, its still a recovery process. Be happy you are still alive, unless of course you have anhedonia, which would make this impossible.

© Petunia 2015

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann c.1920

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Copy Cat :P

BTW love your humour.  It often puts a smile on my dial.

CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Yep you are right. Im a plagiarizing cat at heart.

Smiles are a good medicine cc.

thanks.

Nothing foul about that breeze that just blew in from the West.

Recovering paxil addict

ok thought having typed this i want to  put it here for future copy and paste reference

taken from Jetchet post #6

nz11--Never heard of pantaprozole ..whats that for?

Pantoprazole is a Rx for acid reflux. Believe it's a proton pump inhibitor like Nexium, Prilosec, etc. Started having reflux issues right after I started tapering so it might be related.

Wow what do you know ....acid reflux in tapering thats exactly what i had too ...  think i had this while on the drug too... i' m still joining the dots .....

Minimum Effective Dose (MED)is just the lowest dose needed to produce a clinically significant result in a clinical study.

Well certainly don't want to argue with a premed graduate. (not sure what a premed graduate is but im sure its high-powered)

But here is another ...ok a cynical nz11 go at a defn of MED....

MED is  the highest dose possible  for which a company can get away with refusing to produce a smaller dose, a dose  which  produces a clinically significant maximised profit resulting in a windfall of billions.

Where am i getting this from....

"In company trials no company is prepared to take a chance that their drug wont beat placebo, so they err on the side of a higher dose or more poisonous dose. If these studies get the drug on the market, the trial results are then taken to mean that doctors should use the dose of the antidepressant used in the trial  even though it is likely to be too high for many people."

"Once a drug is launched companies..................refuse to make lower dose formulations of a medicine available" .

Healy Pharmageddon 2012; p88.

"When the price had been settled for a 20mg dose [prozac] a top psychiatrist who had done research with fluoxetine postponed approval as she found that 5mg was the maximum dose that should be allowed, and she demanded that the 5mg dose should be made available. However Lilly managed to avoid this which might potentially have reduced its income by 75%."

Gotzcshe  Deadly medicines and organised crime, 2013; p 203

Recovering paxil addict

and I took 60 mgs. prozac for years,thinking that was the average dose! and just stopped...that was the beginning of off and on til I hit the wall with paxil.

what have they done to us? It's terrifying.

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

and I took 60 mgs. prozac for years,thinking that was the average dose! and just stopped...that was the beginning of off and on til I hit the wall with paxil.

what have they done to us? It's terrifying.

DS so sorry about what has happened to you. Whats being done to people can only be described as  criminal

I think this is why Healy says....  'I believe the ssri era will stand as  one of the most  shameful in the history  of medicine.'

Recovering paxil addict

Today i learned that a friend of a friend after 1 year use, 2 months? ago did a CT off:

2 antipsychotics...abilify 30mg, and olanzipine 2.5 mg

lamotrigine 300mg    (antiepileptic drug)

lorazapam 1mg taken as needed (benzo) i dont know how often this had been taken for .

zopiclone 7.5mg (a nonbenzo sleep aid)

Im getting info second hand but so far he seems ok....but we know that a tsunami may be in the pipeline.

Ive asked my friend to check on him weekly ....maybe he might be lucky and not crash...but if it happens does anyone have any idea how to and what drug to reinstate. 

Cos i dont have a clue.

Ive got a bad feeling that anytime in the next month or two things may turn nasty.

There are no ads in this cocktail .

This person cant speak english so its no point getting him to join this site. There appears to be a complete obliviousness by friend and friends friend of what has been swallowed

I cant believe a person has been put on all this simply cos of a situational stressor.

Recovering paxil addict

Hi NZ11--  Sorry to hear about your friend, glad you're watching out for him.

lamotrigine 300mg    (antiepileptic drug) should be reinstated immediately.  There is a huge chance of very bad seizures for CTing that one, it's in the paper work.  

Once things head north I think a bit of Abilify would be in order.  But if it's at all possible to get him back on both that and the Zyprexa and do a slow taper of each he will be much better off.  They are both nasty ones to taper let alone CT.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thanks Brass......

It seems surprising to me that wdl hasnt started up yet....but we all know that can be delayed...for months.

Recovering paxil addict

Oh geez! That poor person! Perhaps they've only been drugged very short term do you think? Otherwise it will be horrible - needs someone who understands in the person's language to provide support when the time comes :(

I think this is why Healy says....  'I believe the ssri era will stand as  one of the most  shameful in the history  of medicine.'

F*** nz11 I say this all time to my husband and older children as well - I wonder if we will be alive when we are finally vindicated?!

... and this "I cant believe a person has been put on all this simply cos of a situational stressor"!    .amen.

(sorry the bolding/italics went a bit haywire in my urgency to agree so vehemently!)

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Yeah i was thinking that too. Im watching this space.....

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”

Recovering paxil addict

To ct off all them drugs does sound for a recipe for disaster.

Cant offer any advice on what to reinstate

Just hope the guy dodgers a bullet an is ok

I was perscribed seroxat for ptsd and agoraphobia in 1997

Dosage soon went to 60mgs per day

2009 started a uninformed taper and dropped from 60mgs to 0 in just under 4 months

Went into protracted withdrawal

Now 6 years on I am at least 95% recovered

Symptoms left which come and go are depersonalisation and emotional numbness

But nothing serious

I saw your reference to "exercise intolerance" on another thread and wanted to let you know that I have a severe allergy to exercise.  Every time I try to exercise I get short of breath, I break out in a heavy sweat and my heart starts racing.  I end up feeling tired and sore for days after an attack.  My best advise for when you feel like exercising is to lie down and try to relax until the urge goes away.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

lol

Yeah at the gym they told me exercise can be addictive...i said, no need to worry about that with me !

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

I saw your reference to "exercise intolerance" on another thread and wanted to let you know that I have a severe allergy to exercise.  Every time I try to exercise I get short of breath, I break out in a heavy sweat and my heart starts racing.  I end up feeling tired and sore for days after an attack.  My best advise for when you feel like exercising is to lie down and try to relax until the urge goes away.

Me too!  Running is the worst, I really hate running.  I never feel like exercising so that isn't a problem.  A nice cuppa and a little chocolate always make me feel better.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Merry Christmas Mate.

Thanks Brassmonkey

Recovering paxil addict

Thought i had saved this in my thread but hadnt so i am putting it here

Its confirmed ...Healy and team are referring people to sa.

http://withdrawal.rxisk.org/

Last paragraph

This site [rxisk one ] builds on the extraordinary work done by a range of other sites, especially Altostrata’s Surviving Antidepressants. However, it is primarily a site for resources and research rather than support. If you want support through a withdrawal process, the place to go is Surviving Antidepressants.

Recovering paxil addict

Heres a great link  to watch...it reveals what we are up against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-HznxF_Oe8

"Diagnosis is very like diarrhea only you get it in your g-nosis instead of in your rhea" Ronnie Barker, 1975.

Recovering paxil addict

Hi NZ,

What time there ?  5.20 am ?  2.20 am here. ( Oz) 

You are always on point !  Thanks for keeping us informed .  Good links. :)

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Had two good days at 5.30am alas today it was 4.30 am right now ...at this very moment its 5.27am

In light of  some of the most outrageous ridiculous bodacious disturbing  posts and comments ive read recently ive decided ive had enough of sa ....

yes thats right i refuse to read or post or comment or have anything more to do with sa....

for the rest of this year !!

Edit :reason ...to move back in time so that my pledge is not broken ...

#387 You too uh?...oops just  broke my agreement!

post 388 refer post 385

Recovering paxil addict

You're not sleeping either ??   :unsure:

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Not sure  ?  What agreement ?   :unsure:

I personally found your post #397 concise and to the point, and think it is very selfish of you to withhold such insight from the group through the end of the year. LOL

I hope you have an excellent New Years.  There is a good display of the southern lights predicted so get outside and take a look.

• Moderator Emeritus

Happy new year nz11 . . . may 2016 be bright and full of good wood.

:D

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks Brass and Fresh.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Happy new year nz!

I've been spending more time than usually here and enjoyed reading your contributions :)

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

thanks bubble i'm humbled

Gold Star

up since 3.08am ...its a bad one!

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Happy New Year, NZ11!  Looking forward to more of your posts this year.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Thanks Songbird.

Now just wanted to put this in a safe place...so i dont forget it.

If you mean in a post, you go to what you want to link and right click, copy link location.  In the post you type the title then highlight it, and then click on the 9th thingy (chain links) across from the bold italic etc and control "v" to paste it then click okay.  To stop the hyperlink from continuing when you type put your cursor at the end of the hyperlink, hit space, continue typing then go back to end of hyperlink and hit delete.  Otherwise it justs adds the typing to the hyperlink.  Very frustrating.  Or you finish typing the sentence first THEN go back and highlight the word you want to hyperlink.

May have been told this before but im a bit slow...

thanks cc.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

NZ11, I've been a bit worried about your name. 

It might be giving people from other countries the impression that there are only 11 people in New Zealand.  Whereas the real number would be a lot closer to 30. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

I chose 11 for ease of typing.

Recovering paxil addict