SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ nz11 climbs onboard

nz11

“Oh sure that is common knowledge in the addiction world. It is harder because it just goes on and on for many months, but it’s also harder because with heroin there’s a clear sense that your doing something virtuous, regaining virtue, whereas with SSRIs, well, a doctor prescribed them to treat a disease, so people think you must be a little odd or a hypochondriac or just nuts to be having these problems.”

I’m paraphrasing but that’s the gist. Basically its rough!

……………………..

I always felt like that in withdrawal. Almost jealous of people who "only" had to withdraw from heroin or some other drug, and they were seen as heroes while SSRI withdrawal sufferers were disbelieved. I think the lack of validation is one of the toughest things about it.

What she said ^^^^^^^

13 years of Ssri's - celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft

2 fast tapers and 2 cold turkeys over the years

Psych med free since September 4th 2011 - fast tapered then CT'd 12.5 mg of Zoloft

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Yep babs no one can possibly understand the crap we have to go through thats for sure.

imac you know when you copy from one person thats called plagiarism ... but do you know what they call it when you copy from lots of people... RESEARCH!

CG glad to be of some help. Nothing like being informed eh....actually its scary humiliating and infuriating really .

Which leads me on to my next piece for the day....see next post.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I have decided to backpedal back into the Alison Bass’s book side-effects prosecutor whistleblower and the bestselling antidepressant on trial.

Why?

The reason is I notice that some people on this site are taking gabapentin(Neurontin).

So todays post is titled gabapentin(Neurontin).

From Bass's book we learn:

[in early 2003, Shirley Stark [lawyer for New York State] was in the midst of a massive, multistate case against Pfizer for a illegally marketing an epilepsy drug called neurontin for treating conditions for which it had not been approved by the FDA.

Neurontin had been approved in 1994 to treat epilepsy for a relatively narrow usage: as an add-on when other drugs fail to control seizures. But there wasn’t much money in that, and Parke- Davis which produced Neurontin, wanted to expand the drugs market. (Parke-Davis was a subsidiary of Warner-Lambert which itself would later be swallowed up by Pfizer). Since neurontins patent was due to expire in 1998 (was eventually extended to 2000), the company didn’t feel it had time to do the kind of extensive clinical trials that might win the FDA approval for additional uses.

So Parke-Davis, according to a whistleblower’s lawsuit filed in 1996, devised a plan to promote the drug for off label uses, primarily by paying academic experts to put their names on research papers prepared by the drug company. The papers were written with the express purpose of showing that neuronton worked for common conditions such as pain and anxiety.

Although the research was less than authentic, the marketing strategy worked: neurontins emerged a blockbuster, with sales of $2.7 billion in 2003 alone. But federal prosecutors in Boston eventually filed a brief in support of the whistleblowers suit, and by 2003, 48 states, including New York, had launched parallel actions against Pfizer (which by then owned Parke-Davis and Warner-Lambert) ] .p143

Backpeddling even further to Gotzsche (2013 Deadly medicines..) I seem to recall he had something to say on this drug, i'll go and check….

...later….yes he did indeed

…oh my goodness this is disgraceful …read this:

In 2004, Pfizer agreed to plead guilty to 2 felonies and pay $430 million to settle charges that it fraudulently promoted epilepsy drug Neurontin/gabapentin for unapproved uses.

A company whistleblower would receive 27 million. The fine was small considering that the sales of gabapentin were 2.7 billion in 2003 alone, and as 90% of the sales were for off label use the fine would not be expected to have any deterrent effect.

Warner-Lambert, later bought by Pfizer paid doctors to allow sales people to sit with them as they saw patients and to suggest using neurontin  for a wide array of ailments, including bipolar disorder, pain, migraine, attention deficit disorder, restless leg syndrome, and drug and alcohol withdrawal, although the drug was only approved for treatment resistant epilepsy. [You must be joking me!]

A drug index, drugdex listed  no less than 48 off label uses for Neurontin and Medicaid was obliged to pay for the drug if being prescribed for one of these uses. Furthermore, the company that owns drugdex sells ‘medical education’, a truly incestuous enterprise.

The common practice of planting salespeople in doctors offices is euphemistically called ‘preceptorship’, as if the doctor trained a medical student but a more appropriate term would-be 'predatorship’ as it harms patients. The patients are not always aware that the salesperson isn’t a medical student, not even when they are examined for breast cancer.

A company executive told a salesperson:

“Dinner programs, CME programs, consultantships all were great but don’t forget the one-to-one. That’s where we need to be holding their hand and whispering in their ear, Neurontin  for pain, Neurontin for monotherapy, neurontin for bipolar, you want neurotin for everything… I don’t want to hear that safety crap.”

Much of the illegal promotion took place in meetings that were supposed to educate doctors. A physician whistleblower testified that he was trained to distort the scientific evidence, and in some neurontin meetings, the company paid not only the speakers but also the listeners, treating them to luxury trips to Hawaii, Florida or the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. It was very easy to corrupt doctors. Of 40 influential thought leaders identified as potential speakers in north-eastern United States, including 26 current or future department chairs, vice-chairs and directors of academic clinical programs or divisions, no fewer than 35 participated in company sponsored activities and 14 requested or were allocated $10,250 -$158,250 in honoraria or grants. One doctor received almost $308,000 to tout neurontin at conferences.

The speakers were updated on the company’s promotional strategies, and Warner-Lambert tracked high-volume prescribers and rewarded them as speakers or consultants, or for recruiting patients in studies. Doctors were also paid to lend their names to ghostwritten articles purporting to show that neurontin worked for unapproved conditions, and a professor requested and received over $300,000 to write a book on epilepsy.

It was surely true what was stated in an internal document obtained through US court proceedings: ‘Medical education drives this market !’

Other internal documents illustrate the extent to which the company was willing to distort the evidence.

In relation to the illegal marketing, the company had a publication strategy:

‘The results if positive will…be published’, and ‘I think that we can limit the potential downsides of the 224 study by delaying the publication for as long as possible.

(p151-152)

Breggin (2013 Psych drug wdl) has a word to say on Gabapentin/Neurontin …”[it] has been approved for epilepsy and posthepatic neuralgia, but due to heavily off label pushing of the drug by the manufacturer it became very commonly prescribed for a wide variety of psychiatric disorders in children and adults. These negligent acts in regard to neurontin, as well as other drugs including Lyrica, resulted in the largest healthcare fraud settlement in the history of the US Department of Justice, including 1.3 billion criminal case settlement.

This drug has little or no  legitimate use in psychiatry.

Prescribers should avoid the use of Neurontin.                                                (p104)

nz11 comment:

I am just at a total loss for words...its nothing short of obscene!

I believe this off label pushing was rampant in this time window of 2000-2003 by many drug companies for many drugs (probably still is rampant fines are just a business expense right...and no doubt tax deductable off income as well i suppose!) and it was the off label pushing of effexor/venlafaxine for so called pain from keyboard overuse that tripped me up and then sucked me into the vortex of psych drugs.

Like a lamb to the slaughter. I had no idea!   Just say no.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I just hate it when this happens i knew i forgot to add something to my:

Recovery Time-frames post #101....further info

This was given to me by a member in another site in March 2013.

Light – 17 years on various drugs – last six years of them polydrugged – 10 years off now 70% recovered.

Musicman – 12 years on paxil, also on steroids for 11 years. 10 years off still bad, but akathisia resolved and other problems getting better finally.

Healing – 12 years on antidepressants – 9 years off slowly getting better, mostly recovered.

Squirrel – 8 years on – 9 years off, mostly recovered, still has very mild DR/DP slight dizziness from time to time, anxiety and sinus problems. Nothing major.

Tryingtogetwell –8 years off, recovered at 7 years off

Alto – 10 years off – recovered, has minor sleep issues.

Pity we cant do retrospective additions to posts but such is the way it is and probably should be.

Recovering paxil addict

Today vacuumed the house and mopped the floors ..told you i would do it in 2015! :)

Even a year ago (3yrs off) the thought of this alone would have been too much.

Its amazing what can start growing on the floor when you haven't cleaned it for a few years.

Off to ride the bike at the gym. This was not possible either 6 months ago. 

One small step for man ...one big step for an ssri survivor !

Recovering paxil addict

Woot!

Now, I must get mine done too lol

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Today vacuumed the house and mopped the floors ..told you i would do it in 2015! :)

Even a year ago (3yrs off) the thought of this alone would have been too much.

Its amazing what can start growing on the floor when you haven't cleaned it for a few years.

Off to ride the bike at the gym. This was not possible either 6 months ago. 

One small step for man ...one big step for an ssri survivor !

Music to my ears!!

Psych med free since September 4th 2011 - fast tapered then CT'd 12.5 mg of Zoloft

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

NZ I dont have to imagine what can grow on the floors while in wd, its growing on my floors too....this is sad but funny (in a sick way)...i finally cleaned under my kitchen stove one day, and found an infant spoon for toddlers. My kids are now 8 and 10. So dont feel bad! Enjoy your milestone!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

Be careful starting to do housework, six months from now you'll have to do it all again. lol

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

aberdeen & Ever -glad i'm not the only one

Imac - are you suggesting there are others who have been procrastinating with their housework ?

Brassmonkey - No pressure ..hey maybe in 6 months time i will do it even faster !

Found two tablets of a most horrifying poison....I put them in the rubbish and walked the rubbish bag immediately up the road to the shops found a public rubbish bin and disposed of it right then and there.

Then i went to the local police station and took out a trespass notice! lol

Recovering paxil addict

Bass's book 'Side effects' is due back at the library this week so another retrospective observation.

Dr Timothy Scott writes a chapter in his book America Fooled (2006 ). Chapter 5 titled,

'Analyzing an antidepressant advert – Effexor XR '

He opens with :

“Advertising is a valuable economic factor because it is the cheapest way of selling goods, particularly if the goods are worthless.” - Sinclair Lewis, Noble prize-winning author.

He finishes the chapter with:

Unfortunately the Effexor ad is by no means unique. I have investigated a number of these ads recently and found that the research behind most of the mind drug ads I checked was just as phony. Even when studies are conducted by non-employees and published in the best medical journals, the financial ties between the authors of studies and the drug companies are so great that the studies consistently failed to use research designs that would be utilised by those who are unbiased and objective.

One example of the ties that commonly exist brought a much discussed editorial from Dr Marcia Angel, who was at the time the editor of the New England Journal of medicine. The New England Journal of Medicine adopted a policy demanding that authors fully disclose any financial ties that existed between themselves and any drugs for which they submitted articles for publication. It seemed like a good idea, and it was.

But when Martin Keller a psychiatrist at Brown University and his colleagues published a study of an antidepressant manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb the conflict of interest disclosures was so extensive that Dr Angel concluded she could not print the entire list in the paper version of the journal. Instead she put the information on the New England Journal of Medicine’s website and then wrote an editorial with a stinging title “Is Academic Medicine for Sale?

Eleven of the 12 principal authors had financial ties with Bristol-Myers Squibb as did most of the study’s 17 secondary authors. Two were employees of the company. Nearly all the authors received income from the drug manufacturer in one or more ways – as consultants, advisory board members, as honorarium or grant recipients. The study itself was paid for by Bristol-Myers Squibb.

That is not the end of the story.

By 2002 the New England Journal of Medicine found that obtaining reviewers without financial ties to drug companies was so difficult they felt it necessary to change the conflict of interest policy. Today it no longer states that there cannot be any financial interest in the drug being evaluated. Today the policy states that there cannot be any significant interest, meaning amounts exceeding $10,000 per year.

Former editor Angel, in discussing the problem, noted that financial ties with makers of antidepressants are especially significant. …….. Financial ties are only the tip of the iceberg…‘ghost writing’… antidepressant drug research is truly fraudulent. (p131-132)

When i read this I couldnt help but think, so what was this drug that Scott is referring to, he has not named it.

Bass in her book ‘Side-effects’ records the same incident but she names the drug.

It was called Serzone.

She writes:

Bristol-Myers Squibb a pharmaceutical company had a hot new antidepressant on the market called Serzone interestingly the study on this drug had also been funded by Bristol-Myers Squibb. “The study, which concluded that Serzone  was spectacularly effective in treating chronic depression when prescribed in conjunction with psychotherapy, would be published with much fanfare in the New England Journal of Medicine two years later, in May 2000.

This publication would precipitate an unusual editorial by the journal’s editor titled “Is academic medicine for sale?”

In her editorial, then-editor Marcia Angel would decry the fact that all but one of the 12 principal authors of the Serzone study had “extensive financial associations” with Bristol-Myers Squibb and other pharmaceutical companies.

Indeed, the list of the financial ties to the drug industry was so long that the journal could not fit the full text in its print version of the article.

(In 2003, a number of countries would ban the sale of Serzone after it caused liver failure and the deaths of at least 20 patients. Bristol-Myers Squibb would pull its once- promising antidepressant from the US market in May 2004)." (p108)

Bass continues,

“At a 1998 APA meeting in Toronto the buzz about Serzone was all positive. The first speaker at the Bristol-Myers Squibb symposium that morning was none other than Dr Martin Keller [Recall Keller wrote a fraudulent paper saying paxil was safe and effective in children]  chief of psychiatry at Brown University.

As it turned out, Keller was also the principal investigator of the newly finished Serzone study, but no mention of that was made to the 500- odd- doctors attending his talk, which focused on the clinical course of chronic depression. Nor did Keller disclose that he was not there on his own dime.

According to testimony in a later lawsuit, Brown’s psychiatry chief had been paid $1,500- $2,000 and travel expenses to be one of the featured speakers that day. The other speakers along with the moderator were similarly well reimbursed for their time." (p108)

Note :Serzone = nefazodone. "In 2004 a decade after its introduction, following many consumer lawsuits, the company discontinued selling the drug under its brand name in the United States. (FDA 2004)." (Breggin 2013 Psych Drug Wdl.p15).

nz11 comment.

I'm feeling sick ..i think i need to go for a walk !

Recovering paxil addict

Today 1 Feb 2015, just announced Lydia Ko is now the World #1 at womans golf and she is the youngest ever #1 for either men or woman.

Tiger Woods was 21 when he did it, Lydia is only 17 and still at school.

Anyone know what country she comes from?

We will call you Queen Bee !
And baby you rule, you rule, you rule!

Recovering paxil addict

Answer to the question in Post #120 is: She is from New Zealand,

Eat ya heart out all you possums and wombats from over the ditch !

Recovering paxil addict

According to Wikipedia, she is from South Korea.  ;)

(You did say "from", not where she currently lives)

Paxil 20mg 1994-2005
Tried to quit twice, finally did it on my 3rd attempt in 2005.

I went from 20mg to zero in about four months, believing at the time that it was a reasonable taper.  It wasn't.  I suffered mostly emotional symptoms: frequent episodes of "anxious depression" lasting for about 17 months before it got noticeably better.

Answer to the question in Post #120 is: She is from New Zealand,

Eat ya heart out all you possums and wombats from over the ditch !

According to Wikipedia, she is from South Korea.  ;)

(You did say "from", not where she currently lives)

Eat ya heart out, kiwi.

:lol:

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Thankyou for that piece of unhelpful info babs-double-bogey-aussi-informant ...a definite drive into the rough.

No doubt you have been listening to marsupial-caddie gossip again and you've hit a worm burner thats ended up in the bunker! 

You know wiki is not peer reviewed and as my doc said you shouldn't believe stuff off the internet.

She is a kiwi and that is all we need to know ..the fact that at 10 for some strange reason her families residency application was fast-tracked and they now have kiwi passports is irrelevant.

Hey Brandy-location-unknown-aussie-lingo expert  that really was a cheap hook shot! 

Right now there are a few people wanting to see you two in the clubhouse.

Recovering paxil addict

No seriously though to be the womans  world number 1 at golf at the age of 17yrs and 10  months and still at school is phenomenal...i mean in this competitive world we live in its just unbelievable i cannot imagine this record ever being broken by another human either man or woman.

I came to the realization about 10 yrs ago that when God was giving out the genius gene he gave it to South Koreans.

Personally though i always found golf boring ..but that's just me.

Recovering paxil addict

Children!   Children!!

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Children!   Children!!

I didn't say anything, Mom, honest! Anyway, he started it not me! 

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

You can all go to your rooms!

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Just decided to move this little number to higher ground from another thread which is now closed ...from experience i know that when threads start closing sites could mysteriously close too so i need to have all my suitcases in one spot and ready to go should this boat hit an iceburg.

...lifeboat drill finished...

Anyone know that song 'My Bonnie lies over the ocean, My Bonnie lies over the sea....' Well i feel a song comin on..

Join in ...same tune...hey come on it is the silly season isnt it!

An Ode to P P

My p p  lies over the ocean,

My P P lies over the sea,

My P P lies over the ocean,

Oh bring back my P P to me.

Bring back, bring back, oh bring back my p p to me to me,

Bring back, bring back oh bring back my p p to me.

Last week as I lay on my pillow,

last week as I lay on my bed,

I stuck my 2 feet out the window,

Next morning the whole site was dead.

This morning I sipped on coffee,

This morning I sipped on a tea,

I couldn’t help think of poor Laurie,

Alone with her p p baby.

This morning I looked through my window,

This morning I looked through my wave,

I couldn’t help think for a moment,

That p p was something to save.

I’m wet and I’m cold and I’m shivering,

I’m gutted and darkened to boot

Too large is my sadness to measure,

To take out P P and its loot.

I opened my email with horror,

I opened my email with glee,

I couldn’t believe what appeared there,

A weird Scotty-ism did see.

S A, S A, oh thank you for S A today today,

S A, S A, oh thank you for S A today

My chair I did hold oh so tightly,

My chair I did hold lest I fall,

I couldn’t believe my poor vision,

An email that said F-em all!

Thank you, thank you, oh thankyou for S A today today

Thank you, thank you, oh thankyou for S A today

Today I reflect and I ponder

Today I reflect and I pray

A moment in history is dawning,

Arise and give thanks for S A.

S A, S A, oh give thanks for S A today today,

S A, S A, oh give thanks for S A today.

I love you and miss you dear Laurie

To you I wish only the best

A word in your ear for a moment

I have a wee tiny request

Read only, read only, be great to have read only access access

Read only, read only, be great to have read only access.

Just wait, ...whats that I am hearing,

Just wait, ...whats that I can see,

I think I might just have to leave now,

Alls forgiv’n,  Lauries reopened p p!

Bring back, bring back, oh bring back my p p to me.

..............................//...........................................................

pp is soooo laaaast year,

SA is the place to be!

Recovering paxil addict

Just decided to move this little number to higher ground from another thread which is now closed ...from experience i know that when threads start closing sites could mysteriously close too so i need to have all my suitcases in one spot and ready to go should this boat hit an iceburg.

...lifeboat drill finished...

Anyone know that song 'My Bonnie lies over the ocean, My Bonnie lies over the sea....' Well i feel a song comin on..

Join in ...same tune...hey come on it is the silly season isnt it!

An Ode to P P

My p p lies over the ocean,

My P P lies over the sea,

My P P lies over the ocean,

Oh bring back my P P to me.

Last week as I lay on my pillow,

last week as I lay on my bed,

I stuck my 2 feet out the window,

Next morning the whole site was dead.

This morning I sipped on coffee,

This morning I sipped on a tea,

I couldn’t help think of poor Laurie,

Alone with her p p baby.

This morning I looked through my window,

This morning I looked through my wave,

I couldn’t help think for a moment,

That p p was something to save.

I’m wet and I’m cold and I’m shivering,

I’m gutted and darkened to boot

Too large is my sadness to measure,

To take out P P and its loot.

I opened my email with horror,

I opened my email with glee,

I couldn’t believe what appeared there,

A weird Scotty-ism did see.

S A, S A, oh thank you for S A today today,

S A, S A, oh thank you for S A today

My chair I did hold oh so tightly,

My chair I did hold lest I fall,

I couldn’t believe my poor vision,

An email that said F-em all!

Thank you, thank you, oh thankyou for S A today today

Thank you, thank you, oh thankyou for S A today

Today I reflect and I ponder

Today I reflect and I pray

A moment in history is dawning,

Arise and give thanks for S A.

S A, S A, oh give thanks for S A today today,

S A, S A, oh give thanks for S A today.

I love you and miss you dear Laurie

To you I wish only the best

A word in your ear for a moment

I have a wee tiny request

Read only, read only, be great to have read only access access

Read only, read only, be great to have read only access.

Just wait, ...whats that I am hearing,

Just wait, ...whats that I can see,

I think I might just have to leave now,

Alls forgiv’n, Lauries reopened p p!

Bring back, bring back, oh bring back my p p to me.

..............................//...........................................................

pp is soooo laaaast year,

SA is the place to be!

Omg. LoL. Who wrote that? LOL

― Mahatma Gandhi

I have no idea clearly someone with a M I  ...but the tune sure is great and the words are a laugh! lol

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi nz ,      am just catching up on your thread.    Big congrats.  on doing the vacuuming and mopping! (30 Jan.)    Getting little things done always makes me feel less bad.

Nice to hear you're getting out and about a bit  :)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks Fresh.

Nice to see you again.

Recovering paxil addict

ok one last post (Promise!) from Bass's book 'Side effects'

Taken from ‘Epilogue’

On March 22, 2006, Tonya Brooks and her parents sued GSK for failing to warn them that paxil could make adolescents suicidal. Representing them in that lawsuit was Baum, Hedlund, Aristei, Goldman, and Menzies,  the Los Angeles law firm that brought suit on behalf of dozens of other children who had killed  themselves or attempted to while taking paxil .

The very same month, researchers at GSK published a paper acknowledging that they had discovered 10 previously unreported cases of suicidal  thoughts and behaviours among the children and adolescents who participated in the original GSK funded trials of paxil.

The 2006 paper published in the Journal of Child and adolescent psychopharmacology, was prompted by the FDA- mandated review on SSRI data.

The researchers for Glaxo re-examined five double blind, placebo- controlled trials of paxil, including the three studies of adolescents with depression (studies 329, 377, and  701), along with two other studies of youngsters with obsessive-compulsive disorder and social anxiety disorder. They concluded that overall ‘suicide related events’ occurred almost 4 times more often in patients taking paxil than in those taking a sugar pill. That came to an almost 50% greater risk than the rate of suicidal behaviours found in the FDA’s  reanalysis  2 yrs earlier.

In the Keller study alone, the Glaxo reviewers identified 4 additional cases of possible suicidal behaviours among teenagers taking paxil in an email to Keller and his  co-authors, Regan Fong, one of the Glaxo reviewers, wrote:

“For the 10 additional events potentially suggestive of intentional self injury, suicidal ideation or suicide attempt… occurred in study 329, all in the paroxetine  group.”

This email was among the documents uncovered in the Baum, Hedlund  legal proceedings against GSK. These documents together with the 2006 Glaxo paper, provide strong support for Donna Howard’s [employee turned whistleblower] assertion that the researchers for study 329 miscoded and underreported data on paxils impact in children and adolescents. Kellers and his co-authors for example reported in the 2001 paper that six patients in the proximity group suffered ‘emotional lability‘ code term for suicidal thoughts or gestures as compared to 3 in the tricyclic antidepressant group and one one in the placebo group.

However when the FDA insisted that GSK comb through their trial drug data again, the number of patients in the Keller study who were suicidal jumped from 6 to 10 (out of 93 participants in the paxil arm).

Keller declined to be interviewed for this book.

When asked about these discrepancies, Mary Anne Rhyn, a spokeswoman for GSK, said that “it is not productive to have this kind of patient- by- patient discussion here.”

She would say only that the additional cases unearthed by reviewers for Glaxo “do not change the interpretation of the results of 329”. According to several experts, that simply isn’t true… the 2006 paper by Glaxo reviewers concluded that adolescents taking paxil in the Keller study were almost 4 times more likely to develop suicidal thoughts or behaviours in those taking placebo. That is a significant difference, and had it been published in 2001, it would have alerted physicians and the media to a dangerous side-effect of paxil.

Keller and his co-authors also chose not to do a proper statistical comparison of the patients in the paxil group who suffered serious adverse events versus those in the placebo or imipramine group. That statistical analysis would have shown that paxil users had five times the number of serious psychiatric effects as  placebo takers and more than twice the number of those taking the older tricyclic antidepressant.

Again even without the additional unreported cases of suicidal behaviour reported in 2006, such an analysis would have alerted doctors to paxils significant adverse effects in adolescents.

“This kind of analysis would have shown that the psychiatric issues are significantly greater in the paroxetine /paxil group than in the placebo group and its a statistically significant difference” says Dr Roger Grimson a former biostatistician at the State University of New York who adviced plaintiffs in a lawsuit against Glaxo. “They didn’t do that statistical analysis and they should have”.

So why aren’t these comparisons made?

The contention that paxil is “generally well tolerated in this adolescent population” was one of the key findings of the 2001 Keller paper. If Kelly and his co-authors had accurately reported all of the suicide related events in their study or done a statistical comparison of serious adverse events they would not have been able to reach that conclusion. They would not have been able to tout paxil as a safe and well tolerated drug. And that would have made their research sponsor GSK very unhappy.

(p221-223)

....................//................................

A nurse (LY) who testified to the FDA said "it took us until 2004 to get black box warnings for suicide for children and young adults. To this day the warning still doesn't "apply" to other age groups, despite overwhelming evidence that proves it's existence."

FDA Hearings Confirm Risks of Antidepressants

Testimony presented by experts at the first day of hearings held by the US Food and Drug Administration confirmed that depressed children who are treated with antidepressants are more likely to harm themselves than depressed children treated with placebo.

The hearings are being held jointly by the Psychopharmacologic Drugs Advisory Committee and the Pediatric Advisory Committee. Preliminary risk data on the use of antidepressant drugs in paediatric patients were presented at a joint meeting of two FDA committees on 2 February. Since that meeting, experts in suicidal behaviour in children assembled by Columbia University have independently classified the risks and the FDA has conducted an analysis of these data.

The analysis found that an earlier report carried out by Dr Andrew Mosholder of the FDA's Office of Drug Safety was justified. The Mosholder report, which evaluated data from 22 studies using nine drugs, was not published by the FDA when it was produced earlier this year, on the grounds that the reliability of events deemed to be “suicide related” were uncertain.

…The hearings, convened to assist the FDA in making possible regulatory recommendations, included extensive and often emotional testimony by the public. Parents of children who had hung, shot, or stabbed themselves to death spoke with voices cracking about how their children had become agitated or unable to sleep after beginning antidepressant treatment—symptoms they often attributed to akathisia, a side effect of the anti-depressants that they said drove their children to suicide…..

Full article can be read here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC517633/

These black box warnings initially included documenting "causality" connecting the suicide risk with the drug. A short period of time later that "causality" was removed from the warning and the new warning lead people to believe that it was the depression that caused the risk. This change was "negotiated" between the FDA and the drug makers.

Ok, That is about children but what about other age group…ie adults?

Personally I don’t get how a drug can be harmful for children adolescents and young adults but not for adults.

How is it a drug can be dangerous for a 24 year old but ok for a 25 year old ?…give me a break

What, do they have a computer chip in the ‘packing’ of the drug and it  can work out someones age from the internal biological chemistry or something?

Breggin had access to the clinical trial data his findings are disturbing as expected from GSK’s fraudulent behavior with the child 329 study nothing has changed.

Dr PeterBreggin has a report in the Ethical Human Psychology and Psychiatry, vol 8, Number 1, Spring 2006.

Title of report: Court Filing Makes Public My Previously Suppressed Analysis of Paxils Effects

You can download the report here:

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/springer/ehpp/2006/00000008/00000001/art00009

Here is an exert taken from Breggins introduction in the report.

As a medical expert, I was empowered by the court to examine hundreds of cartons of drug company files contained in GSK’s sealed record room. These files included Food and Drug Administration (FDA) correspondence and all of the company’s worldwide clinical trials and adverse drug reports for Paxil. On July 21, 2001, my report in the form of an affidavit was sent to the judicial arbitrator in the case. It addressed GSK’s practices in the development and marketing of Paxil, and in particular its alleged withholding or manipulation of information about the drug’s dangerousness. Based on GSK’s proprietary files that have to this day never been made public, my report examined many factors, including (a) how quickly after the first dose can Paxil cause severe adverse reactions; ( 'b') the actual rates of akathisia; ('c') the actual risk of overstimulation causing agitation, irritability, and manic-like symptoms; (d) the actual rates of suicidality in adults; and (e) promotional claims made for the drug.

The case against GSK was eventually “resolved” to the satisfaction of GSK and the Lacuzong family. GSK denied and continues to deny all of the allegations of negligence in developing and marketing Paxil. My impression is that a substantial amount of money was involved in the resolution of the case, although the amount was not disclosed. GSK at that time refused to unseal its records or to allow me to make public my findings, regardless of their significance for the FDA, medical profession, and public health.

On June 23, 2005, my report in the Lacuzong case was filed as a part of a motion in another Paxil case, Moffett v. Glaxo SmithKline, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.

Because it was filed in the public record, my report is now

available to the public, and I am able to comment on the details.

The complete version appears on my website www.breggin.com. The report should prove useful to the FDA, health practitioners, scientists, researchers, attorneys, consumers, and anyone concerned about how drug companies function in the development and marketing of their products.

In the meanwhile, the FDA has recently acknowledged many of my original observations about the stimulating effects of all of the SSRIs like Paxil and Prozac, as well as other new antidepressants such as Effexor.

I first warned about these effects in Toxic Psychiatry (Breggin, 1991) and then in subsequent peer-reviewed articles and books (see for example, Breggin, 1997, 2001, 2003). As of 2005, the FDA now requires the drug manufacturers to place elaborate warnings on their labels concerning the potential of these drugs to cause stimulating effects, including agitation, anxiety, irritability, emotional lability, aggression, hostility, and mania. The labels must also include a warning about increased suicidality in children.

Without coming to a scientific conclusion, the FDA has also warned about and begun to investigate the problem of antidepressant suicidality in adults. Among other things, my report in Lacuzong deals in detail with antidepressant-induced suicidality in adults and how the drug company handled that data. The following excerpts include Sections XI–XIV of the report that can be found in its entirety on www.breggin.com.

These excerpted sections focus on Paxil-induced suicidality in adults—the subject of a current FDA investigation.

Other sections deal with numerous issues including FDA correspondence criticizing the company, advertising and promotion, the drug label, rates of adverse psychiatric effects after only a few doses, akathisia, and the stimulant or activation continuum. A lengthy, detailed summary and conclusion can be found in the complete report.

.............................//.....................................

nz1 comment:

I increased the font of the last sentence, "rates of adverse psychiatric effects after only a few doses" because i was told i couldnt be experiencing adverse effects as my dose was so low and i hadn't taken it for very long (75mg of venlafaxine). Yeah right ! The people who say these kinds of things are people who have never taken this stuff for themselves and when invited always find an excuse to decline the offer .....yeah they might be ignorant but they are not stupid !

Now i am wise because once i was ignorant AND stupid.

Recovering paxil addict

I know in acute wdl for two years i couldnt read anything much or even watch tv i often read a post where someone would quote from a book and i thought gee i would love to hear more from that book so maybe this helps to have someone summarize the book for you ...well it helps me anyway.

I still find i have to steal myself for what i have to read ....its not for the faint hearted thats for sure.

Next book ...maybe i'll tackle the favourite of SA ...'Anatomy of an epidemic' Whittaker.

In the meantime i must take my comuter lato back to the sho for a new keyboard as the letter 'p' is refusing to work unless i hit it 20 times. And it has reached the stage where it is really issing me off!

So that will be the reason for silence for a few days...

comuters cant live with em and cant live without em!

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear you have no pee  nz.    

Just letting you know I think I'm having w/d symptoms from your lack of posting since the 9th.   You could have tapered us safely , but nooo , you made us go

cold turkey and I'm feeling it!

See you again soon   :wub:

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Trying to get back on topic re: heroin hero and SSRI Hypo.

It can still be really **** if you have an illicit drug problem. But I get your drift.

Heroin users reckon they are a cut above Amphetamine users. There's an hierarchy.

Weird, hey?

Steeley

Prescribed 30mg Mirtazapine approximately 10 years ago.  PTSD 

C/T 50% of dose - dreadful, hellish

Begin to reduce by 10% every 3-6 weeks

now:

5.11.14 4.50mg - going to wait a bit longer

Hope your computer hasn't developed a prostate problem.  Some long soaks in warm water might help. lol  Hope you're doing well otherwise.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

My computer has anal spasms.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Guess that would be analkathasia.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

silly sods lol :lol:

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

• Moderator Emeritus

LOL  @ brass monkey and pugknows  . . . analkathisia , love it.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

NZ11 writes:

No one listens to me anyway when i do talk about it. 

That's the crux of the biscuit, NZ!  It's why we are so glad to be in this place, where people understand it.

I was in the Post Office (finding out by post that my former husband - divorced 1995 - had committed suicide) and compassionately, one of the posties said, "Yeh, my best mate committed suicide last week and mentioned me in the note!  (it was a thank you for trying  - but - tough way to say "thank you.")  The Postie told me how his mate was all involved in Beyond Blue (one of those pharmaceutically supported support groups) etc., WHEN I SAID, aloud, for anyone in the Post Office to hear, "it was probably the antidepressants that caused him to go over the edge."

Silly me, i just blurted it out - in a place where I didn't have time to go into all the Breggin points - school shootings, akithesia, numbness, impulse control.  

ANYHOW, the whole place got deadly silent, and if there had been a red button under the counter for "call the men in the white coats," they would've pushed it.

Silly me, I know better than to talk about this stuff to "normals!"  

Welecome to the forum, NZ, I'm enjoying your research.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

LOL, How's it going NZ? JanCarol i dont know you but I can see myself saying the same thing. i say things like that whenever theres a chance and usually get ignored. Cant say we didnt try!!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16