steeley: introducing myself

steeley

Thanks again Cymbaltayou have been very good to me and I thank you.

Took 3.50mg last night, but woke this morning at 4.00am made a cup of tea then read your post. I will be following your advice and 4.05mg.

This will mean me having the pills compounded at the pharmacy. I've dumped my scales, didn't know what I was doing, and have just been measuring my pills with a ruler, and chopping of what I believed to be 10%.

My pills are 1cm long, so I just chop off 1 millimetre using the scale on the ruler. My convoluted thinking was that if there are 10 millimetres in a centremetre just put the ruler on the pill and chop off one little millimetre. That was how I got to my 10% rule. Or, for me the 10% ruler, ha ha told you I was a drongo lol. Wish I had smilies back.

I thought it was a bit sus because my pill is fatter in the middle, so even I thought this might not be giving me accuracy. But that's how I did it.

I used to be married to a physicist who always made me feel dumb at maths and the like, and I "freeze up" when maths comes up.

I have spoken with the compounding pharmacist in my local area and he said that he would be happy to do it for me, so that's what I'll do today, off to the pharmacist. I really don't want to go through anymore than is necessary. Whenever I reply to a new person I always cite the 10% rule, and I'm using a souvenir ruler from the Kurrawong Emu Farm. Sheeee!

Thank you so much for the advices, including link to Cortisol, and I'm now going to check out the roots of drongo. Finding my roots. lol. Wish I had 'smilies', I'd put in a big grin.

My very best to all.

steeley

Prescribed 30mg Mirtazapine approximately 10 years ago.  PTSD 

C/T 50% of dose - dreadful, hellish

Begin to reduce by 10% every 3-6 weeks

now:

5.11.14 4.50mg - going to wait a bit longer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steeley

• Ever

• Brandy

• Junior

Top Posters In This Topic

DON'T DROP THAT MUCH STEELEY!!!!   ARRGGH!

Are you stable yet?   You've only been feeling better for DAYS, not weeks missus!  

You don't want to be a ning-nong and bugga up all the work you've done so far missus eh?

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Thanks mate,

Will follow the good advices here and make it 4.05. The pharmacist is going to compound it for me.

Now I'm going to try find you so I can keep in better contact.

Luv ya Ever

now:

Your posts always make me chuckle! Do you also call the kettle a jug? Or is that just the ozzy woman I work for?!?

paroxatine.30mg-98-14 (16years)/15mg March 14/15mg may 2014 every two days on docs advice, went nuts so went up to 10mg. Took 2months to stabilise.10mg July 2014-sept 2014 (6.9mg)tried WD at 10% every two weeks. went nuts, nearly left husband, cats and country.10mg sept-December 14/9mg Dec-Jan 15/8.5mg Jan-Feb 15/8mg Feb-March 15/7.5mg march 15/7mg march-present. By October, off meds and on ivf. 3 failed ivf and end of 11yr relationship.10mg/July 16- July 17/5mg Jan 18- july 18

0mg july- present. Really struggling 

I'd say she calls it the jug micro - we do here in NZ.   Actually, I think we do both...., but mostly jug I think.  

When I tell someone I'm popping over to see them, I say "Put the jug on, I'm on my way", or something like that.  Think that's common too.

Put the jug on Steeley - I'm on my way lol!   (Wouldn't that be nice).

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks again Cymbaltayou have been very good to me and I thank you.

Took 3.50mg last night, but woke this morning at 4.00am made a cup of tea then read your post. I will be following your advice and 4.05mg.

This will mean me having the pills compounded at the pharmacy. I've dumped my scales, didn't know what I was doing, and have just been measuring my pills with a ruler, and chopping of what I believed to be 10%.

My pills are 1cm long, so I just chop off 1 millimetre using the scale on the ruler. My convoluted thinking was that if there are 10 millimetres in a centremetre just put the ruler on the pill and chop off one little millimetre. That was how I got to my 10% rule. Or, for me the 10% ruler, ha ha told you I was a drongo lol. Wish I had smilies back.

I thought it was a bit sus because my pill is fatter in the middle, so even I thought this might not be giving me accuracy. But that's how I did it.

I used to be married to a physicist who always made me feel dumb at maths and the like, and I "freeze up" when maths comes up.

I have spoken with the compounding pharmacist in my local area and he said that he would be happy to do it for me, so that's what I'll do today, off to the pharmacist. I really don't want to go through anymore than is necessary. Whenever I reply to a new person I always cite the 10% rule, and I'm using a souvenir ruler from the Kurrawong Emu Farm. Sheeee!

Thank you so much for the advices, including link to Cortisol, and I'm now going to check out the roots of drongo. Finding my roots. lol. Wish I had 'smilies', I'd put in a big grin.

My very best to all.

steeley

I cant help it, this cracked me up.  

Good job on getting yourself a compounding chemist.   That's how I do mine.   You cant get away with a kurrawong emu farm ruler when you get down so low.   Has to be very slow, very small and very steady dose reductions.   This stuff chases you all the way down

Let us know how you get on.

Dalsaan

ps, I never say kettle

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

I'm now going to check out the roots of drongo. Finding my roots. lol.

You cant get away with a kurrawong emu farm ruler when you get down so low.

These two lines are CLASSICS! :D

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Oh yeah! I forgot to post this thing I found when you first mentioned 'drongo'

From this site:

"Australian slang: A "no-hoper" or fool. Derives from a racehorse of that name in the 1920's that never one a race out of 37 starts.

Recruits to the RAAF in WWII earned the nickname "drongos".
(Nothing to do with the class of bird -- drongo)

"You've really mucked that up, ya drongo!""

Not you steeley, you didn't muck up (too much) using that ruler. I have a feeling that is going to go into our "Tapering Hall of Fame" though..... as a 'Steely-ism'.

As in: "Don't pull a steeley and use  a kurrawong emu farm ruler when you get down so low when you measure out your pills."

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

LOLOLOLOL

I'm Aussie born and bred and never knew the origins of the word drongo.  Thanks CW.  Needed a laugh!

BTW I've never heard of a kurrawong emu farm ruler either.  Must be a NSW thing (I'm a Victorian)!!

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Family history of Bipolar Disorder - goes back at least 3 generations

Adult son with autism, ADHD, intellectual disability and Bipolar II

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

I'm Aussie born and bred and never knew the origins of the word drongo.  Thanks CW.  Needed a laugh!

I'd be lost without google....... I forgot to include the stuff about the bird but it was boring.

And the Aus and NZealanders are providing me with such entertainment, I should be paying for this (oh wait, I AM paying for this.....)

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Be careful there.  You can't put Aussies and Kiwis in the same sentence (umm... something is wrong with what I just said .. lol)....   We are across the ditch.  Or dutch.  Depending on which country you are from.

You see, they play 'tust crucket'.  We play 'teest creckit'.  If they say someone is betting we Aussies are not sure if they are playing crucket (batting) or betting on the horses.

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

From this site:

"Australian slang: A "no-hoper" or fool. Derives from a racehorse of that name in the 1920's that never one a race out of 37 starts.

Loved learning the history of the word! But whoever posted that history on Urban Dictionary must have been a bit of a drongo when it comes to spelling lol!

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Be careful there.  You can't put Aussies and Kiwis in the same sentence (umm... something is wrong with what I just said .. lol)....   We are across the ditch.  Or dutch.  Depending on which country you are from.

You see, they play 'tust crucket'.  We play 'teest creckit'.  If they say someone is betting we Aussies are not sure if they are playing crucket (batting) or betting on the horses.

Yikes. :blink:

Pay no attention to Junior - she's Australian.....

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From this site:

Loved learning the history of the word! But whoever posted that history on Urban Dictionary must have been a bit of a drongo when it comes to spelling lol!

:ph34r::lol: :lol:

Having an uncontrollable desire to see what a kurrawang emu farm ruler looks like (I want one lol!), I did this google image search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kurrawang+emu+farm+ruler&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=L3m_VNn_IYOzoQTZnIHYAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1366&bih=612

Check out the full first line of images!

I think she made it up.   You gotta remember she's Australian.

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

If so, she better make up a batch of kurrawang emu farm rulers! Sounds like a must-have!

Hey, if she did, we could offer them as bonus incentives for donating to this site lol!

And what, pray tell, does this line from that linked page mean?:

The international tourists need a higher level of customer service than Australian tourists.

Are they saying we non-Aussies are fussy wimps or something? Hmmmmmmmm????????????????

Or maybe they just mean we're stupid...? <_<

hahahahahhahahahahahaha  No idea! hahhahahahahahaha   Maybe it's because  you non-Aussies don't understand the lingo.  I mean, if we tell you to park out past the black stump.. it's like you need an interpreter

Brandy.. will you please HURRY UP and get that "speakeasy" or tardis park or whatever up and running?  Laughs are desperately needed around here!

hahahahahhahahahahahaha  No idea! hahhahahahahahaha   Maybe it's because  you non-Aussies don't understand the lingo.  I mean, if we tell you to park out past the black stump.. it's like you need an interpreter

Brandy.. will you please HURRY UP and get that "speakeasy" or tardis park or whatever up and running?  Laughs are desperately needed around here!

Interpreter?!!!!! How insulting!

Of course I'd understand that means I should park behind the old felled tree.

As for the speakeasy - yes, I have been lazy. (Come to think of it, how come you haven't started it? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????!

Well, actually I've been laughing too hard on Steeley's thread. Maybe we should call the new place The Kurrawang Emu Farm Speakeasy lol!

(Drinks are overpriced and watered-down, but you get a free ruler. LOL.)

LMAO.. well .. err.. ahhh.. you see.. OMG is that the time??????

What about.. the Cafe at the Kurrawang Emu Farm?  Since you  understand the parking instructions you can help others to find it.  It's out yonder, past the black stump ....

ya see Steeley.. ya done good just by joining this group.

Love ya :wub:

Just checked out "black stump" and had an "a-HA!" moment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stump

This looks incredible! Too late to read it now, but I'll be checking my link here and reading it tomorrow. Something to look forward to!!!

omg, I just realized we're on Steeley's thread and not Off-Topic. :blush:

Steeley, I'm so sorry for highjacking your thread! I'll hand it back to you now! Then I'll get into bed. Won't have to count sheep. I'll be counting emus! :lol:

'Night, all! :D

Omg I love it!   Even if it IS Australian!

The Kurrawang Emu Farm Speakeasy!   Excellent!

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

I don't think Steeley would mind much if we turned her entire thread into the Kurrawang Emu Farm Speakeasy lol.

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

LMAO.. well .. err.. ahhh.. you see.. OMG is that the time??????

Oh, that is funny! I'm on the other side of the world (vertically as well as horizontally, come to think of it :D ) and was posting about it being really late having to go to sleep (and count emus) while you were writing that!

Are you sure you're in Australia? <_<

OK, I'll have to catch up on the rest when I wake up. Won't Steeley be surprised at what happened to her thread? :blush::wacko::blush:

Oh my another thread run off the rails but I didn't start it thank goodness.  Here we all are cavorting around while poor Steeley is trying to decide if she should throw the ruler away or will it to SA for their time machine...

Brandy, alas my c&p doesn't come with speel chuck, that won completely slipped by me......

I'm gonna get the address of that farm and tell them I want a ruler!

(and by the way, who spilled mustard and sat on their web server and squished all of the pages? I have never seen a page like that.....the won that Jr. posted)

Aww, you fellas are killin' me.

OK it's a KurrawAng Emu Farm ruler that I have been using as my tapering device.  Cognition, and....... 

We have a bird called a Kurrawong and I got it muddled.  But I've got one and that's the one I'm using until my compound coes through.

Brandy PM me and I'll post it to you to your local post office, no kid, I want youto have it

Micro, as for whether or not we call a jug a kettle, we use both, though kettle is the older version, pre the electric

jug.  My 91 year

Mum says jug all ways, and I use both.

When you are just mucking around you can say to someone "stick the billy on, I'll be around in a sec.  And you are welome any old time Ever.

Thank you too Dalsaan for good advice about compounding, and ditching the KURRAWANG Emu Farm ruler which I am bequeating to Brandy.

Cymbalta, I reckon it would be good to have a Tapering Hall of Fame, can you imgine all the funny ways people develop to cut their pills.  I might trademark mine the Kurrawang Cutter. :wacko:

I have been feeling really good lately and can hardly believe it, maybe I will finish up a "success story", jeez that'd make a change.

Haven't been around much lately as have been feeling so good.  Can see more clearly now, and better depth of vision, like I can see more pixels (?), or fine grain in my surounding, not so 'flat'.   Bewdy bottla, bobby dazzla, ridgey didge :), it is hard to believe.

Had lunch with a friend the other day, which is unusual for me as I usually isolate and stare at my ruler :blink:).  It was lovely, and didn't feel all paranoid and *****, very relaxed, and ate black rice sushi which is supposed to be good for you.  I just wasn't eating

Have gained about 4 kgs, so now weigh 44kgs which I am really stoked about.

Thank you all of my friends and fellow travellers, and don't forget to PM me Brandy so I can post you the Great Kurrawang Cutter. :)

I luv's ya's all :wub:   

now:

I don't care about my thread so long as we all back each other up, failed needlework come to think of it. :huh:

Hey Junior and Ever, don't forget (or has it been said already, too busy laughing :D  :D that when we someone hits a six in cricket, NZ's say "hit a sex". 

Don't asterisk this word out please :blink: sex, ie. I just got asterisked for say the word qu**r, when I meant it as to explain feeling strange, wrong, not gay.  Sheeee.  :ph34r:

Still luv's ya's all :wub:        

now:

Asterix would be very disappointed. :unsure:   

But I do get why it has to be done. :wub:

I'm back on the beaten track.

steeley  

now:

OK, what I have is a KURRAWANG Emu Farm ruler.  Got it muddled with one of our birds which is called a Currawong and which I spelled wrongly in my previous post.  I spelled it as Kurrawong.  Conitive confusion. 

Also wanted to say that it sounded very self-interested of me to say that I haven't been around for a while because I have "been feeling so good", sheeee, she's a good supportive fellow traveller, hey? :o

It's true that I am feeling heaps better, but also became anxious and uncertain about how to navigate around here, and got embarrassed about asking too many times about how to do things, so I became hesitant. :unsure:

I'm getting much better at it now, so feel more able to communicate. 

I'm still getting a bit of mania and those tingles up my legs, but in all, the horror show has dropped the curtain, at least for now, at any rate.

Now that I am getting my pills compounded I feel much safer in what I am doing, and to be honest the old Emu Farm ruler had it that I was never quite certain about what dose I was taking.  I could be out by 15% often as not.  All over the shop. No wonder I felt crook most of the time. 

You can trust a Kurrawang Emu Farm ruler for ruling lines, and I don't mean those white powder lines if ya get me drift :ph34r:  :blink:

As always.....steeley  

now: