SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Risperdrawlin: Trying to come off all psychiatric medication eventually

Risperdrawlin

• Administrator

This is not a good idea. If you make a cut you know will bring on withdrawal symptoms, you may not be able to get out of the withdrawal symptoms. Going up in dose again sometimes does not work. Do not think of that as a safety net.

This is a high-risk way of going off drugs. Definitely not recommended.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

Good to hear you're doing well. I'm glad your method seems to have worked for you. I would not recommend it generally. It's very dangerous.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Point taken. I am pretty sure it has worked for me.

Was taking: 2 mg Risperdal

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

0 mg Risperdal- finished 6/20/2015

0 mg Lamictal- finished 10/6/2015

0 mg Zoloft- finished ~March 2016

I am med-free!!

My intro thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7656-risperdrawlin-trying-to-come-off-all-psychiatric-medication-eventually/

Yeah, I'm doing well. I've felt agitated at times the last few days. It's been 11 days since jumping off the Lamictal. I felt different after jumping off the Lamictal, but not very different. I cut the Zoloft today (made a liquid solution and made the mistake of not diluting the first ML and it tasted AWFUL!!) and felt okay today. 50% of Zoloft after being on it for 5 years (and being on 100 mg for over 2 years) is a large cut, to say nothing of what my brain has been through being on and coming off the Risperdal and Lamictal. We'll see how it goes.

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

My intro thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7656-risperdrawlin-trying-to-come-off-all-psychiatric-medication-eventually/

Do you want me to edit the post? Feel free to put up a signed warning at the beginning of the post if you want. I do not want anyone to end up in a bad situation and I also do not want to disrespect or break the rules of the site.

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

• Administrator

Thank you, Risp. I appreciate your attitude.

• Administrator

Yeah, I'm doing well. I've felt agitated at times the last few days. It's been 11 days since jumping off the Lamictal. I felt different after jumping off the Lamictal, but not very different. I cut the Zoloft today (made a liquid solution and made the mistake of not diluting the first ML and it tasted AWFUL!!) and felt okay today. 50% of Zoloft after being on it for 5 years (and being on 100 mg for over 2 years) is a large cut, to say nothing of what my brain has been through being on and coming off the Risperdal and Lamictal. We'll see how it goes.

Risp, I guess you're a gambler. I hope this goes well for you. You've made a lot of drug changes recently and they all add up.

Thank you, Risp. I appreciate your attitude.

No problem and thanks for moving the post here rather than deleting it.

Risp, I guess you're a gambler. I hope this goes well for you. You've made a lot of drug changes recently and they all add up.

It honestly has not been as much of a gamble as it could have been, despite looking like it. My Mom was pressuring me to come off faster than I was comfortable back when I was on one Lamictal dose for like 46 days. I didn't push the pace.

The agitation I've felt the last few days has been similar to the agitation I felt on the drugs. It didn't seem like a withdrawal effect, but like a "stability" effect, or the effect of the drug(s). I think making a 50% cut of a drug you've been on for 5 years only 11 days after coming off a different drug sounds incredibly risky.

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

• 2 months later...

I'll update briefly. I had what will hopefully be my last "appointment" with my psychiatrist today. We said it would probably be my last and that I don't need to make another. Today I cut my Zoloft dose from 3.125 mg to what I intended to be 1.5625 mg but was probably a little more because I messed it up. Tomorrow I intend to take 1.5625 mg Zoloft. My plan is to take that for a bit, cut to about 0.5 mg Zoloft, take that as long as I need to, and then jump off.

I was really glad to have my "last" meeting with my psychiatrist and it was really nice to have worked with him and to have seen that not all psychiatrists are evil monsters who force psych drugs on their patients! My psychiatrist allowed me to be 99 to 99.9% self-directed. I thanked him.

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update Risperdrawlin. Could I ask you to add dates to your signature so that in future posts we have a time reference.

bw , Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hey Fresh, I don't think I can add that in my signature because it would be too long (more than 12 lines) but I will put up a post here detailing all the dates. The dates are listed in detail for Lamictal and Risperdal. Let me know if that works for you

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Maybe just today's date instead of "Currently taking" ?

In 2 months time , people won't go back through your posts to find out when you decreased.

Thanks , :)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

It's nice that you want to make the site look nice but I like my signature the way it is. I will update it when I change my dose. If someone wants to learn more about me they can come here. I don't see the point of adding a date. My signature is current. I will have an easily readable list of all my dates of decreases and such on this thread. You can let me know if that's an issue for you and I will read what you have to say, but I like my signature the way it is and don't expect to change it.

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

• Moderator Emeritus

There are no dates in your signature.

The moderators on here have other things to do besides perusing your thread for basic information.

See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Do not expect any input unless and until you can comply with requests.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

It's nice that you want to make the site look nice but I like my signature the way it is.

Its not that we want the site to look nice, it makes it easier for us to understand your history and situation if you are wanting reliable support and advice.

Anyone reading your current posts, with your signature the way it is has no idea if you have tapered, gone CT or how long you have been off Risperdal and Lamictal and not everyone has the time to read back through your entire thread to find this information.

If you post on other areas of the site about symptoms or other issues, anyone who reads your post will find it difficult to understand your context, may not understand the relevance of what you write and might be discouraged from replying. As a mod, I find it very frustrating when members ask for help or advice and I have to go and search for information which should be in their signature. Its also annoying to read positive updates and not know the withdrawal history which lead to such a good outcome.

But if you like your signature the way it is and don't care whether or not you get good input or appropriate suggestions, then its fine.

Glad to hear you are doing well and almost at the end of your Zoloft taper. Its good to know that you have had a positive experience with your psychiatrist. I hope you will stick around, let us know how you are doing once you become drug free and write a success story eventually.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Administrator

Good to see you're doing so well with your tapering, Risp.

When you change your signature, that changes it everywhere, even in your old posts. We can't see what you did when. Help us to help you with more info in your signature. Just the last 4 months is enough.

You cut your Zoloft dose from 3.125mg to 1.5625mg, about a 50% cut. I hope this goes well for you, but it might be better to make smaller decreases rather than get dramatic with bigger decreases in the last lap.

Thanks for the explanation Petunia. My signature is like that just to show my progress. A lot of people have long histories in their signatures. I feel bad for them, but I can't do much about their situation and it's a lot of stuff for me to read timewise and also to take on emotionally.

I haven't asked for help or support on here for awhile and it totally makes sense that if I'm looking for something like that, then whoever is helping me would benefit from seeing a more detailed history in my signature.

My signature is meant to represent that I've been successful (at least up until this point) in my attempt to come off psychiatric drugs. I see now that it could look like actually, maybe I've just been reckless and suffering and haven't mentioned the suffering.

It sounds like you guys would like to see dates in the signature for a number of reasons. I don't really fit the looking for help/ advice tapering or dealing with withdrawal symptoms category, but I do fit the informing people of success category. I also might want to offer support or help. So I'm willing to put a couple dates in there. One thing is though, I've come off the drugs at a rate that probably many people on this site would consider extremely fast. Things like cutting 50% of my dose after just two weeks. I made a post about my sort of principles of withdrawal and how I went about it and Altostrata took it down and moved the words here because she thought it was sort of dangerous advice. And it could be. I had no problem with her moving it. It's your guys' site and your job to moderate. I definitely don't want people being reckless about their taper and I don't want to place my ego above members' safety on some "I was successful so I should be allowed to shout my potentially dangerous way of doing things from the rooftops, **** everyone else's safety" or something like that. So the thing is, my dates might be fairly close together. And if someone asks me "Hey, how'd you come off that drug so quick?" I want to be allowed to tell them what I did. And I don't believe I'm special or that my brain was made to handle coming off this stuff any more than anyone else's. And if my dates are there, I think it's more likely that I get that question.

Maybe I should just add, "Doing well and planning to write a success story after I am done coming off the drugs, which I think will be soon." What do you guys think?

I have been planning to write a success story and to talk honestly and in full about how I came off the drugs.

I appreciate you taking the gentle, empathetic approach and explaining what you are looking for and why you are looking for that rather than demanding compliance.

Part of the reason I did not want to change my signature is because my signature is literally a short representation of me on this website. What if someone asked you to either get or alter a tattoo? How willing would you be to do that? That's an extreme example, but it gets at identity, which is what I'm trying to bring up.

Also, way to jump straight to asking for compliance Fresh. (sarcasm) That's totally why we're all here and so glad to be here right? Because of our compliance? 

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

Zoloft Taper History

June (??) 2010- May 2012: 100 mg

May 2012- March 2013: 50 mg

March 2013- October 16, 2015: 100 mg (Increased from 50 mg to 100 mg during hospitalization in March/ April 2013) (2.5 years on this 100 mg stint, over 5 years total on Zoloft)

October 17, 2015: cut to 50 mg

October 27, 2015: cut to 25 mg

November 5, 2015: cut to 12.5 mg

December 7, 2015: cut to 6.25 mg *This cut was delayed because I wanted to move the **** out of my parents' house and was very unhappy there and decided to not change my dose while that was happening.

Jan 2, 2016: cut to 3.125 mg

Jan 15, 2016: cut to 1.5625 mg

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

Overall taper history

Risperdal Taper History

April 2013-October 2014: 2 mg nightly

10/7/2014-10/25/2014: 1 mg

10/25/2014-10/27/2014: 0 mg (tried to come off--possible misunderstanding with psychiatrist that I believe was his fault), experienced significant withdrawal effects

10/28 or 29 /2014- 11/5/2014: 0.75 mg (weekly cuts)

11/6/2014-11/12/2014: 0.625 mg

11/13/2014-11/19/2014: 0.5 mg

11/20/2014- 11/26/2014: 0.375 mg

11/27/2014- 12/1/2014: 0.25 mg, experienced significant withdrawal effects, returned to 0.375 mg nightly and began hold to stabilize. Decided to hold for one month, then another (63 days- 9 weeks- 2 months 1 day)

12/2/2014- 2/3/2014: 0.375 mg

2/4/2015: 0.25 mg (33% drop) (spent 63 days on 0.375 mg as stated above)

3/24/2015: 0.125 mg (50% drop) (spent 47 days (6 weeks 5 days) on 0.25 mg)

5/18/2015: 0.0625 mg (50% drop) (spent 54 days (7 weeks 5 days) on 0.125 mg)

6/7/2015: 0.025 mg (60% drop) (spent 19 days (2 weeks 5 days) on 0.0625 mg)

6/20/2015: NO Risperdal, trying to jump off (100% drop) (spent 12 days on 0.025 mg) (We will see how it goes!)

--Haven't taken anymore Risperdal--

Lamictal Taper History

June 2014- 7/12/2015: 50 mg nightly (Spent about 13 months (1 year 1 month) on 50 mg)

7/13/2015- 7/18/2015: 25 mg nightly 

7/19/2015- 7/24/2015: 12.5 mg

7/25/2015- 7/29/2015: 6.25 mg

7/30/2015- 9/14/2015: 3.125 mg (Spent 46 days on 3.125 mg)

9/15/2015- 9/29/2015: 1.5625 mg (15 days)

9/30/2015- 10/5/2015: 0.625 mg (6 days)

10/6/2015- Present: 0 mg Lamictal

Zoloft Taper History

June (??) 2010- May 2012: 100 mg

May 2012- March 2013: 50 mg

March 2013- October 16, 2015: 100 mg (Increased from 50 mg to 100 mg during hospitalization in March/ April 2013) (2.5 years on this 100 mg stint, over 5 years total on Zoloft)

October 17, 2015: cut to 50 mg

October 27, 2015: cut to 25 mg

November 5, 2015: cut to 12.5 mg

December 7, 2015: cut to 6.25 mg *This cut was delayed because I wanted to move the **** out of my parents' house and was very unhappy there and decided to not change my dose while that was happening.

Jan 2, 2016: cut to 3.125 mg

Jan 15, 2016: cut to 1.5625 mg

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

• Administrator

I respect your reasons, Risp, and I'm happy you've come so far.

However, if you had gotten withdrawal from your rapid tapers, you'd be singing a different tune! Too bad we can't send our lives in many directions at once and see which comes out the best.

Please keep in touch and let us know how this last lap is going for you. Looking forward to your success story.

Thanks Altostrata. So... what do you guys want me to do? I thought the moderators had a preference I have dates in my signature. Like I said, I didn't know why Fresh was asking me to change my signature, which is basically why I said I wouldn't change it. Now I'm willing to add some dates in but not sure what you guys would want since I know when I posted in depth about the rapid tapers before, you wanted that stuff just on this thread, and if I post dates in my signature, it might be clear I've come off the drugs fast.

So I guess please let me know. It's up to you and the rest of moderators (somewhat!).

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

• Administrator

How about adding the dates you were entirely off Risperdal and Lamictal, and the last few months of your Zoloft taper?

I added the dates I came off Lamictal and Risperdal, and the day that I started tapering Zoloft. There wasn't enough room to have the Zoloft dates in detail. Let me know if that works for you.

50 mg Lamictal

100 mg Zoloft

Currently taking:

I am med-free!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you considered using the space across the lines , like other members do.?  

Much more room for info, that way.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Administrator

Thanks, Risp. I see you're a minimalist.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi.  I am not a moderator but was just wondering if you might do a signature saying how long you were on the meds. that you tapered off of......in a not alway 10 percent or less kind of way.  Not chastising mind you........I jumped off so many meds. before I came here........I mean I am somewhat the same.  And well.......may never be the same for that matter.......I do recall my pre-med depressive/anxiety ness...........and I still expect better than that for my finished self.........coming soon or later.......but that's okay.

And hoping you will check on back at periodic intervals once you are done hopefully tapering by 10 percent the last of your Zoloft.

Hoping you are really young and do really well.........some of the withdrawal may hit months and months after though.........which you are probably already aware of if you also read up around here.  Personally........I think you should have left the Lamictal for last to be tapered but then I am highly influenced by what I read here......I mean I think that's the "suggested" rule here.  And activating stuff before balancer type stuff?  I could be wrong.  I frequently am.  :)

Anyway.......looks like it's been about 5 or 6 mos.  Inquiring minds want to know what you are up to and how you are.  :)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 5 months later...

Hi Risp. 

read your intro thread. and I'm glad you got off the meds.

On March 2016 you tapered off of the last drug

how are you now :)

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

Risperdrawlin

How are you feeling now, and since you have been off risperidone? What have been your symptoms since your last dose?

Thanks

Been taking paroxetine 20 mg for 20+ years for depression. Taking 300 mg of wellbutrin since October 2015 for adhd and depression. Take fish oil, calcium, and a multivitamin. Started taking risperidone late January 2015 3mg for a misdiagnoses of bipolar. Started tapering risperidone late July 2016. As of late September tapered down to 2mg at 5% a week off current dose. Oct 21/2016 1.58 mg Nov 21/2016 1.26mg No withdrawals so far.

• 1 year later...
On 5/19/2015 at 4:49 AM, Risperdrawlin said:

Hi, can anyone who has come off Risperdal safely and relatively easily tell me at what dose they jumped off? I'm currently on 0.125 mg and have been for about 50 days (just over 7 weeks). Tonight I am probably going to cut to 0.0625 mg (50% cut). I am thinking I will jump off after spending a month or two at 0.03 mg or 0.01 mg depending on how I feel. What have other folks done?

Thanks!

Hi. I was wondering how the rest of your taper went? Could I ask what speed you tapered at? Thank you.

Stilnox january 2014 - may 2014 10-20mg a day

Stilnox august 2016 one month use 10 mg a day 

Xanax 2 weeks september 2016 1.5 - 3 mg a day, viscious withdrawal.

Valium reinstated October 2017 - march 2018. Fast tapered.

Risperdal october 2017 to present 1.5 mg.

Celexa December 2017 to present 20 mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to Risperdrawlin: Trying to come off all psychiatric medication eventually
  • 3 years later...

I am tapering off Risperidone from .5mgs to .325mgs as of yesterday.

I was taking .375mgs for 12 days prior.  If you guys know anyone who,

like this man here, has gotten off Risperidone please give me a link.

Appreciate you all.

Lamictal 100mgs X 2 day   April 1999 - Present   Bi-Polar

Gabapentin 800mgs X 2 day April 2008 -2013    Bi-polar

Gabapentin 800mgs X 3 day 2013 - Present

Geodon (Ziprasidone) 40mgs 2020-2021 STOPPED!! November 2021

Alcohol 1998 -September 30th 2021  Alcoholism  2 1/2 year breaks when institutionalized or in a program 2004 - 2008 2 years 8 months 2011 - 2013 Sober

Metoprolol 2016 - 2021   Heart condition

Vistaril (Hydroxyzine) 50mgs at bedtime 2018 -2021 Prescribed with Risp for better sleep

Risperidone (Risperdal) 1mg 2017 -2018   .5mg 2018 -2020

Risperidone .375mgs 11/25/21 - 12/13/21  (18days) Risperdal .333mgs ?  12/14 - 12/16/21  (2 days)  

Risperdal .315mgs        12/17 - 12/26/21  Holding here now for the last 10 days (if I go lower I get insomnia)  Risperdal .25 12/28  12/31 (3days)

I know the lower I go on the Risperdal the slower I will need to cut down and hold for at least a month at a time.  I plan to hold at .25 for 3 months when I get there.  Correction, I am reconsidering trying to tapper again after one months.  So the tapper may begin again on 1/28/22

• Moderator Emeritus
27 minutes ago, MarkDavid said:

I am tapering off Risperidone from .5mgs to .325mgs as of yesterday.

I was taking .375mgs for 12 days prior.  If you guys know anyone who,

like this man here, has gotten off Risperidone please give me a link.

Appreciate you all.

List of links for a searches for risperidone and Risperdal in the Success Stories forum:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=Risperidone &quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=28

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=Risperdal &quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=28

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management