SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Ginger: How I got here

Ginger

Paxilprogress was a life safer for me. In March of 2006 I quit Paxil cold turkey. I had absolutely no idea what would follow, withdrawal never entered my mind because I had been told how safe and non-addicting paxil was. I had lots of reasons to quit so I did. The hell that followed blew me away. I started searching the Internet to figure out what was wrong with me and I found paxilprogress and knew I was in withdrawal. The community helped me through those dark times. Life got busy as life does and I stopped going to pp for support and community until this spring. I went back to say thanks and listen to others who were on the freedom from Paxil trail. Now I'm here to do the same.

It means a lot to me to see people do a safe taper. Reading the stories of people fighting the good fight strengthens me--seeing folks make the hard choices to get well inspires me. I want to give back.

I don't struggle with drugs anymore and life is wonderful but this year I have had to tend to my broken heart and I translate the determination to kick Paxil to the hard work I continue to fight to overcome my heart conditions. It's a journey I couldn't be on if I first hadn't become Paxil free.

40 mg Paxil for 2.5 years

Quit cold turkey March 2006

WIthdrawal painful but gradually felt better after a year or so.

Now, ten years out, life has its problems because life is life But I am so happy and grateful for my life.

Wow congrats on being Paxil free. I tapered off paxil very fast in two months. Five months later I was still suffering so bad I reinstated 1mg to try to ease my symptoms. I pray that some day I am symptom free and Paxil free. I am only 6 mths in. Btw welcome!

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Welcome Ginger. So excellent to hear of your success.

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Hi Ginger--I'm so glad you were able to find us, I always like reading your posts.  I hope the strength you found during your WD serves you well on your new journey.

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Welcome, Ginger!

I'm almost certain I remember you! Were you the one with the avatar of the little girl from the Peanuts comic strip?

If so, you and I went off paxil about the same time. (I took my last dose of a six-week taper in May 2006. I think it was May. Long time ago, like you said!)

I didn't join paxilprogress til almost a year later, though I had been reading on it for a while when I could. In fact, I joined PP in order to send a fellow withdrawal sufferer a PM after finding her posts and her diligence in researching how to deal with withdrawal so brilliant. (Absolutely never intended to ever actually post there. Ended up posting after a while - thousands over the years lol.).

The fellow withdrawal sufferer whose intelligence and diligence I so admired was Altostrata. The woman who started and is administrator of this group.

So glad you found your way here. You will love this wonderful site!

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Brandy, Tom, ever and everyone here, THANKS a million. Yes that was me at pp. i remember Altostrata from pp too.

Compassion and care has traveled through cyberspace--that can't be closed down. Love my hug brass monkey--sending it to all of you.

Now, ten years out, life has its problems because life is life But I am so happy and grateful for my life.

Hi Ginger.  Like you, I didn't have a clue about how bad WD was from Paxil until I did it.  I wish I had found this forum and Paxil Progress before I started tapering.   Good to hear that you are free from Paxil.  All the best to you.

Prescribed 20mg a day of Seroxat on 2001

August 2013 decided to taper.

Reduced by 10mg a week (adjusted over the week small amounts)

Stopped completely in April 2014

Brain and body went haywire.  

Didn't realise it was withdrawal at first.

Have not returned to ad's but can't get my life back.

• Administrator

Welcome, Ginger.

In terms of recovering from Paxil, do you feel you can write a success story now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

Life is great. I'm struggling with some health issues but all just part of life and I'm dog gone grateful to be alive.

• Moderator Emeritus

It is lovely to see someone who has recovered from paxil and withdrawal Ginger, than you for updating us. 

Would you share your story in the success section for us? Jut a brief one if you like, it gives hope to everyone who logs in here to see that recovery is possible.   Congratulations on beating Paxil   :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

So glad to see you posting here.  You are such an encourager.  Will be praying for your heart healing.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for being here, guys.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

• Administrator

Very happy to hear you're doing well. I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. You'll be adding to our Recovery Success Stories some day!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

9 yrs this month I quit paxil! i am so grateful for today. 9 years ago I never could have imagined the road I would travel, the hard times were bad but the journey is worth the effort, the darkness fades and goodness triumphs.

Congratulations on your nine year anniversary what a great achievement. Hope to be there one day!

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

Way to go Ginger.  It shows me that there is something to look forward to.  I especially like the last line of your signature, because I truly believe that it can be better than before.

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 1 month later...

hi ginger . . .

thanks so much for taking a minute to post on my intro. thread . . . i really appreciate it . . . your kind words go a long way.

a HUGE congratulations for coming off paxil . . . you have all of my respect and admiration for having to have done it cold turkey.

((((((((HUG)))))))) for you and your heart :).

peace as best you may know it,

glina

mirtazapine (remeron) since 2000 (15 years);

withdrawing VERY SLOWLY since 2013;

current dose withdrawing from: 15mgs/day (from 2013 top dose of 45mgs/day);

various other "mind" medications prescribed 2000-2012--have withdrawn from those prescribed long term, had quite bad reactions to the others early on and they were stopped soon enough that withdrawal was difficult but limited.

"If you're going through hell, keep going."    Winston Churchill  

• 1 month later...

well, life is good. I planted a garden, which pleases me incredibly. A year ago I couldn't do much of anything because of some heart problems but today I'm gardening (not a lot but some) and doing lots of other things I never imagined I would be able to do so I'm very grateful.

I also have a dear friend who is dying and part of my paxil withdrawal story is that I quit when a dear friend died because I recognized how numb and absent emotionally I had become. I resented paxil for stealing my emotions when my friend needed me most. Today my emotions are present, it is hard and overwhelming at times but I am present emotionally and spiritually for my friend and his wife. This is better and I am so grateful I am present to share this passage with my friend.

Getting off paxil was worth the suffering, I just should have tapered. Oh well.

Ginger what kind of symptoms did you have in your WD? Did you have Anhedonia? How long were you on Paxil?

Diagnosed: Pure O Ocd, Severe Anxiety Disorder NOS, PMDD

November 2009 - May 2013- CIPRALEX 20mg

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Went into dark depression (never experienced before med)

September 2013 - March 2014- PROZAC 20mg

Weaned down to 10mg and held

October 1st 2014 C/T off 10mg Prozac

Protracted withdrawal - 8 months of the most horrific suffering imaginable

June 1st 2015 - ZOLOFT 25mg

June 26th 2015 - Dose increase to 50mg of Zoloft (taken at night after dinner). Slowly improving but still have severe OCD/ruminating, intense DP/DR, and brain fog. Just trying to stabilize at this point.

Congrats on 9 years med free, Ginger. At what point in your WD did you start to feel better?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I posted my wd to success story anonymously, it was hard to describe the horrors of wd, didn't include the sexual dysfunction and missed some of the time line. It was a few months for the worst physical suffering but some things lingered on for the first year. The emotional and psychological torture diminished during the second year of wd and after that it was growing, learning, reclaiming lost ground.

This is me:

After horrible withdrawal I found life again!

Paxil was changing me into someone I didn't recognize, unfeeling and distant emotionally so I quit cold turkey consulting only my conscience. I had been told Paxil was safe and non-addictive, so I thought quitting would be no big deal. But withdrawal was hell.

I am not sure how long it took wd to kick in or what hit first--the zaps, the Paxil flu, the weakness. I was pale, cold, sweaty, clammy and emotionally numb. I thought I was going to die. I was irrational. I was paranoid. I couldn't tell anyone how sick I was or what I was feeling or they would lock me up and say I was crazy. I was scared in my collapsing world.

Each morning I made myself get up and pretend I was okay. I couldn't tell my husband life had no meaning and relationships were hollow mysteries to me. Fortunately my children were grown and my family didn't depend on my income or I would have lost everything. Getting out of bed was punishment, going to bed was punishment, everything was a punishment. I didn't know how it would end because I didn't know what "it" was. Zapping and sick I did an Internet search and discovered what "it" was, "it" was withdrawal! The zaps, the Paxil flu, the everything and there were others going through what I was experiencing!

A few days after I found paxilprogress [a discontinued information and recovery support website] I told my husband I had quit Paxil cold turkey and was in withdrawal. He didn't understand but I told him I had found an online community for people like me. I told him one wd symptom-- the zaps and I read to him how someone had described them, then I told him that it was happening to me all the time. Every time I had a zap I would say "zap". He could see I looked sick but I only told him about the zaps, I was still afraid everyone (but fellow sufferers) would think I was crazy. And I was afraid to tell fellow sufferers how bad it was for fear I would be told to reinstate. By now I had thrown my Paxil away, I hated Paxil, I was afraid of Paxil, I couldn't take it again. Reinstate would mean doing all this misery again, twice as much suffering or worse-- I was not rational and felt my only option was to hang on. Cold turkey made me feel that I would never quite fit in the community that saved me. I knew I had done it wrong but was too scared to turn back.

Everyday I spent hours alone looking for meaning in my life. At least I was safe when I was alone, I didn't have to pretend to be okay, in fact I could be brutally honest.

At some point my wd symptoms no longer dominated my thoughts or movement. I noticed I was present to other things in my life besides paxil wd. Life was more than Paxil--how awesome is that discovery?

Somehow the suffering became more distant and it faded in my memory. Lessons learned became treasures to carry forward in my life. It's hard to explain how the joy, the peace and the brightness of life returned. I didn't want my "negative" emotions masked, I wanted my emotions to be full spectrum of emotions. Death of loved ones, profound losses have come my way-grief, agony, struggles have been mine--I claim them--better than paxil numb. My spirit knows peace and stillness again. Relationships are no longer hollow. I became anchored in the land of the living again, it's a great place to be. Certainly my life is not a bed of roses but it is a garden where my spirit rejoices to be.

Thanks for sharing more information about your wd. It gives me hope to read your story that one day wd will fade away.

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

Beautiful, Ginger. Truly beautiful.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

• Administrator

Ginger, is it time to add yours to our Recovery Success Stories ?

• 1 year later...

Paxilprogress was a life safer for me. In March of 2006 I quit Paxil cold turkey. I had absolutely no idea what would follow, withdrawal never entered my mind because I had been told how safe and non-addicting paxil was. I had lots of reasons to quit so I did. The hell that followed blew me away. I started searching the Internet to figure out what was wrong with me and I found paxilprogress and knew I was in withdrawal. The community helped me through those dark times. Life got busy as life does and I stopped going to pp for support and community until this spring. I went back to say thanks and listen to others who were on the freedom from Paxil trail. Now I'm here to do the same.

It means a lot to me to see people do a safe taper. Reading the stories of people fighting the good fight strengthens me--seeing folks make the hard choices to get well inspires me. I want to give back.

I don't struggle with drugs anymore and life is wonderful but this year I have had to tend to my broken heart and I translate the determination to kick Paxil to the hard work I continue to fight to overcome my heart conditions. It's a journey I couldn't be on if I first hadn't become Paxil free.

I have been on antidepressants since 2005. Zoloft, Lexapro, cymbalta and then the most evil of them all, Paxil. 60 mg two was and 40mgs the other two. I stopped at a very fast taper within a few months. About 4 wks later the physical symptoms started, now the mental are beginning to take hold as well.

2005 Zoloft 100mg

Switched to Lexapro with no lapse, can't not remember dose

Switched to cymbalta with no lapse 120 mg

Oct 2014 switched to Paxil no lapse 40 mg a day 2 wks of the month, 60mg the other 2

Stopped in Feb 2016 after very short tapper of approx 1 1/2 months.

Aug 26, 2016 - Reinstated Paxil 1mg dose

Thank you so much for you have inspired me. I quit cold turkey as well. It has been over 4 months and I am still suffering. At this point I do not know if reinstating would even help, but was terrified that I was doomed to this he'll forever. Hearing that there is someone who did make it through withdrawal after c/t is so inspiring to me.

So happy to hear your doing well.

I have been on antidepressants since 2005. Zoloft, Lexapro, cymbalta and then the most evil of them all, Paxil. 60 mg two was and 40mgs the other two. I stopped at a very fast taper within a few months. About 4 wks later the physical symptoms started, now the mental are beginning to take hold as well.

2005 Zoloft 100mg

Switched to Lexapro with no lapse, can't not remember dose

Switched to cymbalta with no lapse 120 mg

Oct 2014 switched to Paxil no lapse 40 mg a day 2 wks of the month, 60mg the other 2

Stopped in Feb 2016 after very short tapper of approx 1 1/2 months.

Aug 26, 2016 - Reinstated Paxil 1mg dose

• 3 years later...
  • Administrator

Hello, Ginger, how are you doing?