SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Tam: hi I am new

tam

Help I stopped Paxil last week cold turkey. Got bronchitis and just stopped taking my meds. My hubby said I was becoming dumb and spaced out and late for work every day wasnt helping me anymore so I just called it quits. Only been on it for 4 months. WELL now I have flu symptoms. Dizzy, sick, lightheaded and get teary eyed. Goes away for few min then I get awful feeling again. I have to go to work tmrw and am dreading I may be I'll again. Should I go back on my regular dose of 20 mg if i have been off a week? Or toigh it out now? Or slowly taper after talking to doc.? Just confused. Don't know if Doctor open tmrw he may be closed with holidays. Hi I am new here :)

I can't really remember all my doses and years but here is what I can remember...

I struggle with Anxiety, Depression, BP and PMMD...

Past 2000-2013 ...Off and On

Effexor 225 mg for BP for few years (then went off then stayed at 125 mg -75 mg for a bit)

w/ Divalproex - mood stabilizer

September 2014 to present

Paxil 20 mg for Anxiety ( I may of started Paxil sooner than September I have to find out lol)

Seroquel 25 mg for sleep - took it for a month, ate too much and felt like a zombie had to go off it. Then prescribed me 

Trazdone for sleep when needed, only took for one month as side effect from Paxil kept me awake at beginning.

Ativan 5 mg for anxiety attacks when needed

Recent:

Tapering off Paxil from 10 mg starting Jan 2, 2014

supplements - Omega 3 fish oil, Vital Greens oral, & Silica gel oral for healthy hair and skin and nails lol.

Throughout the past year I have had severe constipation issues, fighting it and hopefully being of Paxil with help too.

Still updating this when I can remember more of my history my mind is mush lol...

Hi I am new here. Trying to figure this site out. Glad I found it lots of interesting topics. I stopped Paxil last week cold turkey dont know why after reading u shouldnt i never thought of the bad effects. and I am looking for advice. I am sick and don't know if should take it and taper instead of cold turkey. Been a week now. Feel awful. (Been on 20 mg of Paxil for 4 months)

I can't really remember all my doses and years but here is what I can remember...

Effexor 225 mg for BP for few years (then went off then stayed at 125 mg -75 mg for a bit)

Paxil 20 mg for Anxiety ( I may of started Paxil sooner than September I have to find out lol)

Seroquel 25 mg for sleep - took it for a month, ate too much and felt like a zombie had to go off it. Then prescribed me 

Trazdone for sleep when needed, only took for one month as side effect from Paxil kept me awake at beginning.

Recent:

supplements - Omega 3 fish oil, Vital Greens oral, & Silica gel oral for healthy hair and skin and nails lol.

Throughout the past year I have had severe constipation issues, fighting it and hopefully being of Paxil with help too.

Still updating this when I can remember more of my history my mind is mush lol...

Hi I have been off a week and now sick should I take it again and then slowly taper. I have flu symptoms this is not fun. Don't know y I stopped only cuz I found it was making me spaced out and dumb and lazy. Now I sick from stopping this cold turkey. Or suck it up. I have only been taking the drug for 4 months.

Recent:

If you have just suddenly stopped cold turkey you will feel pretty awful. I quit pretty much cold turkey six months ago and I am still suffering. Tapering 10percent every four weeks is recommended to minimize withdrawals. I am sure the mods will be around to give you advice but it would help them if you put specifics down like how long you were on it and when exactly you stopped etc... Welcome!

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

3 months I have been on Paxil 20 mg per day. Treatment for anxiety. I stopped last week sometime. Cold turkey. I can't even remember what day. Could be 7 to 10 days ago. I want to take my pill now then taper but if I got this far why bother right? U stopped cold turkey? How long were u taking it for? When did sickness disappear ?

Recent:

I took it for 6 to 8 yrs. can't remember exactly. I quit at the end of June so it has been 6 months. Still in withdrawals. If I could go back and do it over I would have tapered slowly. No clue how long I will be in withdrawals. The moderators are in a better position to give advice and they will show up at some point to give you advice. I would think if you are suffering than reinstating a small amount and stabiliIng over the next month or two might help. Then you could taper that small amount slowly. See what the moderators think.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Sounds good. so confusing all of this. I need to see my Doc have to get an appt asap. I wish I never stopped. Can't believe I have been on it for such a short period of time I am experiencing the flu etc. My head hurts. Thx I hope you feel better soon.

Recent:

Hi - sorry to hear you are feeling badly :(  I think we've all been there.  I vote for a slow taper.  I've tried cold turkey several times with horrid results.  It was hard on my family and me.  (Ended up in the hospital, etc.)  However, you are in the right place for support on how to manage the symptoms.  You can try to treat the symptoms as they come up, but it may be too much (i.e. nausea, anxiety, pain...)  Some of them are hard to manage if they can be managed at all...

1998- Began taking 20 mg. of Paxil for homesickness 2001-CT and crash/hospitalized 1 week for anxiety. Tried quitting, changing to other ADs, gave up. 2014 -Weaned @ 10% every 4 weeks. Latest 5-14 11.7 mg., 6-14 10.5 mg., 8-21 9.5 mg., 9-17 7.7 mg.,10-14 6.9 mg., 11-14 6.2 mg., 12-14 5.6 mg., 1-15 5.0 mg. 2-15 4.5 mg. (miscalculated may actually be 3.3), up-dosed to 3.7 3-17-15. Hydroxyzine HCl 25 mg. as needed (antihistamine) for anxiety.

Most of us believed in our doctors who told us these meds were safe with no side effects. If I had know then how dangerous these anti depressants were I never would have taken them. Most doctors are clueless.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

So how do I figure out what to take now? Like what I was taking before I stopped 20 mg? or half of it? I was so upset earlier I ran in my room and took my pill of 20 mg. Then felt bad and went and threw up hoping it would come up. ( who knows if it did lol the macaroni prolly absorbed it lol) just don't know if it's best to keep myself off it or go back and taper as it has been several days since. So utterly messed over this. I am glad I found this site and very nice to meet you all :)

Recent:

Oh dear try not to panic. You haven't been off long so if you want to reinstate some it should be fine. I would try 10 mg but I would like you to wait and see what one of the moderators say. They have advised alot of people in your spot and they will give good advise. If you look at the the picture under their name it will say moderator.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Great I will look them up. :)

Recent:

They will visit your thread when they have time. They read through all of them. You just have to give them time because they are busy.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Maybe I should explain. This is now your thread. Any questions you have will go here. Also you can use this like a journal to keep track of how you are doing and feeling. Others can and will visit your thread as I have and they will answer your questions and chat with you and give advice. I think you will find this site very helpful and comforting.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

tam wait for a moderator. You were on for only a short time, so you should hopefully be able to reinstate and taper quite quickly. But wait - they won't be long. Taking the 20mg tab might have been a good idea, so I'd stop worrying. I know that's difficult, but your anxiety makes everything seem worse that it really is. I think you'll be fine quite soon. Just hang it there till a mod comes.

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

You can keep talking to us if it helps by the way. :)

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Oh crap I messaged one of them lol. Glad u mentioned this lol. Wow! I am happy I found this place :) Thank u frustrated!

Recent:

They won't mind Tam. The mods here are awesome. :)

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

True the mods are very nice and helpful.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Gotcha Ever ! Thanks so much. :)

Recent:

Welcome, tam!

I'm not a mod but I'm a long-time withdrawal group participant. The mods here are more knowledgeable about reinstating and they come here at various times of the day (they're all over the world in different time zones), so keep checking this thread and you should get some excellent advice.

In the meantime, I can explain a little bit more about why it's so advisable to taper. These meds make changes in our nervous systems. Those changes can heal but that takes time.  How long it takes varies among individuals for many complex reasons, many of which even the medical profession doesn't understand.

Many doctors aren't even aware of withdrawal problems. They certainly have not been taught how to taper slowly enough to minimize withdrawal symptoms and problems.

Tapering by dropping small percentages of dose supports your nervous system while it heals by reversing the changes the med made that made your nervous system need the med. Symptoms do not actually end when you're off the last pill. it is not a matter of just getting the med out of your system. You will actually heal faster and feel better in the long run if you taper.

Since you were not on the med long you will probably heal quite quickly. But you were on it long enough that tapering is still important. You can avoid a lot of needless suffering that way.

Others with experience with this can advise you better how to taper in your particular situation. You may be fine reinstating your full dose since you stopped taking it so recently. If not, they can advise you how to best taper even part of your dose and then taper down from that. Tapering will support your body's healing process.

You should get plenty of good advice soon. Again, welcome

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

3 months I have been on Paxil 20 mg per day. Treatment for anxiety. I stopped last week sometime. Cold turkey. I can't even remember what day. Could be 7 to 10 days ago. I want to take my pill now then taper but if I got this far why bother right? U stopped cold turkey? How long were u taking it for? When did sickness disappear ?

Hi Tam and welcome to SA. I am a mod as you can see but I have no experience what it feels like to taper but I do know this: abruptly stopping any psychoactive is not a good idea, you generally feel really bad for some period of time EVEN IF YOU WERE ON IT FOR ONLY A SHORT TIME. It was too late for me to back on my meds (it was 5 months) but not for you since you were so recently off. The drug I was on started giving me withdrawal symptoms as few as 8 hours after a missed dose.

I would guess that you would do well by going back to your regular dose starting tomorrow morning and then staying there until your body settles a bit. Prozac has a relatively long half life and it has not totally cleared your body at this point in time. (See the first post in the Prozac thread for more information.) I do not know how long that will take but it will not be overnight. Then you can taper slowly off that dose until you are off.

Alto reviews all of the topics here, she or another mod might suggest a different dose. In the meantime, please see these topics for more information:

Tips for Tapering off Prozac

Why taper 10% of my dose

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Tam. I had to updose my CELEXa from 4 to 10 mgs. It was a good decision. I felt like a failure. But now, I plan to stabilize and then tapor at the 10percent rate. Good luck.

Thanks for all the responses. I can see this site is going to be truly amazing. Everyone is very caring. :) tmrw i will try my regular dose in the meantime read more about tapering and hopefully hear more about it. Pleasant dreams everyone :) until then...

Recent:

There is a wealth of experience and caring here. When you recover from the med, you may find yourself helping others who are reaching out for it!

I forgot to ask you before if you're on any other meds or nutritional supplements or herbs, that sort of thing. Or any other "psych meds" in recent years.

I urge you to check for more experienced (with reinstating) advice here in your thread before taking your dose tomorrow. After the holiday (and the people in different time zones) there should be a lot more posts here. And if you're not comfortable taking a full dose at this time, you could always try taking a smaller dose (even 5 mg.) to start, then work up as much as needed. Again, there are people here who know far more about this than I do. But some people only need to reinstate part of their dose, some need to take - or work up to - more. I believe you're at a bit of a border for what you might need, and the differences between individuals can be huge.

But it's good that you're going back on at least a partial dose at this time, if you're starting to feel withdrawal symptoms. With some people it gets trickier (less likely to work) reinstating further down the line.

Relax and don't worry! You will get a lot of advice here from people who understand, and you will start to find out whose is most relevant for your needs. Have a good night and don't worry!

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Lots to digest in the threads about tapering. Brandy Yes I am taking nutrional supplements. Like omega 3. Vital greens. And silica gel. I take adivan occasioally and trazdone for sleep but not anymore only took that for a month or two. I have been effexor before too for many years but not for a few now.

Recent:

Tam,

Please see the link in my signature on how to fill one out for yourself. Please list ALL of the drugs you have taken (including the 2 you mentioned in passing above) with the dates and their dosages. Even supplements, they can sometimes cause problems. All of this information will help us know how to advise you, ok?

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Gotcha :) OK I will jot this all down shortly gotta remember all my past now lol. I am gonna get the hang of all this soon lol :) night zzzzz

Recent:

It takes time to grasp all the overwhelming information about withdrawal. Especially since the medical profession is so clueless and gives such inaccurate information.

And this site is rich with resources. A lot to read and digest, though so worth it!

You're doing great and picking things up amazingly fast. Don't worry. it all starts falling into place before you know it!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tam,

Welcome from me too.  There's been some good advice here and I agree that reinstatement is probably a good idea, then when you are stable again, you could begin a slow safe taper, if that's what you are wanting to do.

Its up to you if you want to reinstate your full dose, but if it were me, I would try 10mg, it may be enough to stop the withdrawal symptoms and then you will have less to taper from. 

It takes at least 4 days for your body to fully register the addition of a neuroactive drug. Unless you have an immediate bad reaction, observe your symptom pattern for about a week to see if the reinstatement is helping.

Here is our topic on reinstatement, reading through it will help you decide how much to reinstate and what to expect:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3079-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-stop-withdrawal-symptoms/

Here is our topic for tapering off Paxil which you will need when you are ready to begin tapering:

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)

Why were you put on Paxil 4 months ago?

As CW suggested, filling out your signature will make it much easier for us to offer relevant information.

Please stay in touch and let us know what you decide, feel free to write whenever you want, you will find a lot of friendly help and support here.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Mentor

Welcome Tam. How long were you on effexor? How long ago did you give that up?

Anyhow, for now, just welcome, I gave up nearly everything five months ago, after too fast a taper. I came to this site very desperate, and the reinstating the last drug I gave up to 25%, helped me greatly.

My daughter was put on AD to stop her getting viruses all the time, she was on them only two weeks, and it took her two attempts to give them up. (No was not successful in stopping her getting sick... but who with 5 little kids doesn't get viruses all the time?).

Good luck and best wishes, I ended up on different AD, on and off, for 20 years, believing the "return of the depression" garbage, instead of yes it can take years and WD comes in waves.

This site is so wonderful. We are not alone.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Welcome Tam,

I did the cold turkey bit and it bit me on the bottom bigtime.  Luckily you have only been on the drug for a short time but even short term use can create chaos when cold turkeyed and the docs don't get it.  Mine told me to jump off a miserable 4.5mg (down from 30mg) and that nothing would go wrong, but it did.  I had to re-instate and am just starting to stabilise.  It wasn't his fault alone, I was really angry and upset at the time and just cried geronimo.  Took it out on myself, and hoped that maybe he was right.  Not.      

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and to listen to the mods about tapering.  A slow taper is a good taper. :)  

Wishing you all of the very best, and you will be just fine if you take it slow.

steeley

Prescribed 30mg Mirtazapine approximately 10 years ago.  PTSD 

C/T 50% of dose - dreadful, hellish

Begin to reduce by 10% every 3-6 weeks

now:

5.11.14 4.50mg - going to wait a bit longer

Thank you all! Once I get onto a desktop I think I can fill out signature etc. Phone is limited. So I feel much better this morning as I previously said last night I panicked and took my regular dose of paxil then threw it up as I panicked again. Must of worked I feel better this morning. Today after reading these posts I will do half my dose 10 mg. I can't believe how much information is in here and all the support already. Greatly appreciated :)

Recent:

So I feel much better this morning as I previously said last night I panicked and took my regular dose of paxil then threw it up as I panicked again. Must of worked I feel better this morning.

WOOT WOOT! Happy dance here! :)

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Hi Tam-- welcome to the group.  As you have noticed there is a lot of information here to try and grasp.  Don't let it freak you out.  Being on Paxil for four months put you in a tricky place.  You've been on too long to just quit but not long enough to warrant a long taper.  In my feelings you don't want to taper longer than you've been taking the drug.  Going back on at half your dose is a good idea, it will probably take several weeks for things to stabilize.  Then decreasing that by quarters every three or four weeks should work pretty well.  No matter how you taper it won't be "pain free" there are going to be some symptoms.  Unpleasant yes, harmful no.  The trick is to accept them for what they are and not be afraid of them, then live your life as best as you can around them.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Brassmonkey, we do not recommend anything faster than a 10% reduction of the CURRENT dose and only when stable, usually 4-6 weeks. You are recommending a far too fast rate (25%) in addition to telling the poster she should not be on the drug and tapering for any longer than when she was on the drug. Please be careful giving out information like that. That is not what we as a whole recommend. Perhaps you might like to look over these 2 topics? I already posted them above for Tam's benefit.

The Rule of 3KIS

Why Taper 10% of My Dosage