☼ Aeroman: Hello From Aeroman!

Steerpike

Hi Aeroman;you have been an inspiration for me and for many others in this site.

I am sorry you had such a bad reaction to this drug.As a manner of fact cipro can give all the side efcts that you described.

May I ask how long have you been completely AD free?

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• Moderator Emeritus

Just wanted to drop by and say hello.  Yes, I was the one on lexapro back in the day for over a couple of years.  I'll be updating my signature below so it will all make sense.  I recovered from Lexapro w/d after a quick 1 month taper of 10mg.  It took me between 3-4 years to fully recover and recover I did.  I felt so good being myself again and was told I was funnier.  I have had some setbacks but I believe this isnt from Lex w/d but from Cipro.  Talk to you soon.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Aeroman;you have been an inspiration for me and for many others in this site.

I am sorry you had such a bad reaction to this drug.As a manner of fact cipro can give all the side efcts that you described.

May I ask how long have you been completely AD free?

Hi Alex, thanks for the message, glad that my story has helped some.  I didnt know Cipro could do this!  Wow...I thought it was a benign antibiotic. Who would have known?!

On Feb 2015, it will be 7 years I have been off.  I have been recovered/healed since 2011ish.  Trust me, the feeling was GREAT when I got passed w/d!!!!!!!

running through a field of lilies and roses. lol

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Hi Aeroman-- so glad you made it over.  There seems to be a lot of knowledge here, I still have to do a lot of reading.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I am so glad to have you around.

We can learn a lot from a veteran like you.

I am 29 months off, and doing a lot better, but still struggling with waves and some persistng issues like broken sleep and premature ejaculatiion...

It is really incredible the harm these drugs can do...

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

Hi Juan!  Glad you joined.  I'm still learning the ropes around here myself.

Paxil 20mg 1994-2005
Tried to quit twice, finally did it on my 3rd attempt in 2005.

I went from 20mg to zero in about four months, believing at the time that it was a reasonable taper.  It wasn't.  I suffered mostly emotional symptoms: frequent episodes of "anxious depression" lasting for about 17 months before it got noticeably better.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Babs! Wow, we haven't chatted in such a long time. Hope all is well!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey brassmonkey, how goes it? Thanks for the Hello.

Yikes... I guess i'm really fortunate!  Not knowing anything about Cipro back in 2004, I took it for around a month... but don't remember exactly why.  I do remember having a high fever.  I didn't have any side effects to talk about... knocks hard on wood!

As you said Aeroman... this too shall pass.  I'll enjoy watching your progress!

Charter Member 2011

Hi Aeroman! Glad to see you here. I'm really sorry this set back from Cipro is taking so long. The upside to this at least, is MANY people here will be so happy to hear from you! You have a lot of wisdom and experience to share!! :)

13 years of Ssri's - celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft

2 fast tapers and 2 cold turkeys over the years

Psych med free since September 4th 2011 - fast tapered then CT'd 12.5 mg of Zoloft

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Hello aeroman. I hope you will soon start to feel better from the cipro setback.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks a lot. Sure, if there's anything I can help with, let me know. I'm in a bit of a mental vacation for the moment. It will pass. I know when I was on PP, I made it a point to check in a couple of times a year. I owed it to the people who helped me and had to give back.

I got plenty of PMs on there and answered everyone of them so please feel free to ask. I am no expert but I can relate you many of the issues that arise from wd and other weird symptoms. Thanks

Hey aero, from a fellow "floxie" hello!! Hope the cipro incident is behind you finally..

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi DLB, Hello! Unfortunately, I'm in the midst of it. Did you get the anxiety/depression from Cipro? I'm 5 months post Cipro. Wondering how long this flox crap will last lol

Aeroman, shall we merge your other topic to here and have you in the Intro forum instead? We don't usually keep 2 topics for one person, for ease of keeping all your info in one place.

We are just so happy to have you here in the flesh, you can always go back to the Recovery Stories forum whenever.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely, great idea. Thanks for the warm welcome

• Moderator Emeritus

Great to see you here, Aeroman! 

I've thought of you often this past year, as I've had bad back pain problems beginning in May, not sure if it is w/d related, but I'm hopeful it is from w/d so maybe it will eventually improve.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Great to see you here, Aeroman!

I've thought of you often this past year, as I've had bad back pain problems beginning in May, not sure if it is w/d related, but I'm hopeful it is from w/d so maybe it will eventually improve.

Hey you! Oh wow, that's a Bummer. Low back problems? Mine is either pain from the lumbar disc or some arthritis from the facet joint due to the bad disc. I've been getting cortisone shots every 6 months or so that help a lot. Take care.

• Moderator Emeritus

Mine seems to be at L5-S1 and the right SI joint.  The muscles around my right hip get tight and sore.  I haven't looked into cortisone shots, I guess that's something to keep in mind if it gets unbearable.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Ok, I'll do the move tomorrow morning when I am at my most brain-fresh. If you want a title change, I can do that after the move.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Moderator Emeritus

Sounds good. You're a morning person?! Not I Lol.

How about "Hello From Aeroman", thanks

• Moderator Emeritus

I am so glad to have you around.

We can learn a lot from a veteran like you.

I am 29 months off, and doing a lot better, but still struggling with waves and some persistng issues like broken sleep and premature ejaculatiion...

It is really incredible the harm these drugs can do...

Thanks Alex.  29 months, you're moving right along my friend.  Keep riding it out and you'll be fine.  The broken sleep sounds familiar and that also got better for me over time.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yikes... I guess i'm really fortunate!  Not knowing anything about Cipro back in 2004, I took it for around a month... but don't remember exactly why.  I do remember having a high fever.  I didn't have any side effects to talk about... knocks hard on wood!

As you said Aeroman... this too shall pass.  I'll enjoy watching your progress!

I took Cipro back in 2005ish for some other reason and I was fine.  I was on Prozac at the time, so, who knows.  I recall taking it for the first time and feeling the bottom of my feet burn for a bit.  That was the weirdest thing.  Glad you didnt get any side effects!

I know this will pass...I remember how tough it can be to "wait it out".

• Moderator Emeritus

So, yes, I am almost coming to my 7 year anniversary (Feb 27, 2008) when I took the last dose of Lexapro.  I tell folks it was between the 3rd or 4th year I felt marked recovery.  I found myself visiting PP and other wd less and less and moved on to my hobbies, basically where I left off before w/d.

Folks, I was doing great.  I was enjoying life, enjoying my spouse, becoming more active, setting great goals, and was more confident.

Around June of 2014, we went on a nice cruise to the Bahamas.  I enjoyed it to the fullest!  We returned back home and I found out after a week getting back that my urination wasn't the same.  Meaning, I would go #1 and then feel I didnt empty my bladder.  It was a weird thing to feel, frustrating for the most part.  Went to my family doc and after doing some tests, they Dx me with UTI where he gave me Cipro (500mg, twice per day, for 10 days).  I felt fine on it and I think it even helped some.  A couple of days after I finished the 10-day stint (July 20th), I woke up feeling extremely nauseous.  That nausea got worst and then turned to almost passing out (hearing was muffled, weak legs, some vision disturbance).  I didn't pass out and just felt off that day.  That week, I was experiencing morning nausea.  A couple of weeks after that, I got vertigo (turning my head to one side caused the spins).  The vertigo got better somewhat and then I felt anxiety and depression creeping in but I utilized the Dr. Claire Weekes's method to float on by them and accept.  I was ok for a month or so.  Then, on the morning of Christmas Eve, I woke up, jumped in the shower, and wow...got hit with the worst racing thoughts imaginable.  I thought I was going crazy.  I was so frightened.  It went away after a few minutes and then was left with depression, that old sinking feeling.  And that's where I am at right now.  I wake up at 6-7am, NO MATTER what time I go to bed. And I can't catch a wink again.  That is not me!  I was able to snooze all I wanted and take naps.  Also, I have that flat, dull, "dumbed down" feeling where I think that is depression itself.  Now, I want to note that I took half a dose of Norco pain killer two days before this happened with the racing thought/panic attack.  But I am not sure that is what caused this recent issue because I took some doses in November for my low back.  Ever since I took Cipro, stuff hasn't been the same!!!

Anyway, that's where I am at.  Thanks for reading. 

Ok, so now I am going to merge this thread with the one in the Intro forum and put it in the intro forum. If the computer does it right, this should be the most recent entry. Your thread will have the 'started by steerpike' note, only Alto can fix that. And it might read a bit odd because after all, we posted your recovery before you got here. Let's see how it goes, ok?

(PS I found the title change you wanted)

(and here is the first post you made here in the flesh)

Hey Aeroman,  it's always great to hear from you.  I'm so bummed that you ran into another drug mess.  I wanted you to know that your w/d success story on PP was one that I read over many times when I needed reassurance.  So, you have often been a support to me even though you don't know me at all.  I'm still in the fight, but, I'm getting there.....

I so hope you get out of this misery soon.  It's so not fair.

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

Hi Aeroman,

I also read your recovery story many times and if you remember, you were nice enough to reply to my messages on the other site regarding PSSD.

Sorry to hear the rough patch you are going through. But I'm sure you'll get better and hopefully it's not as bad as withdrawal you had years ago.

thanks!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kitty and Johnson, thanks for the welcome.  Glad my stuff helped out some.  I still keep with the same attitude:

"this too shall pass"

I will tell you that when I recovered, I was a much stronger person and less timid.  I was absolutely living life.  Anxiety, depression, etc was all but a memory...the same will happen to you.

Im sorry you are struggling right now, it should pass though...have you read up much on Cipro stuff? How long will it last? What a shame Drs dont know more about medication. Hang in there.

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Aberdeen. I have been poking around the Web for Cipro issues and many of them complain from either tendon issues or anxiety attacks. I'm not sure how long it will last. Hopefully not too long :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Folks, slept good last night and having a better day so far.  We'll see how this all pans out ;)

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, that was a window.  After falling asleep, I woke up after a dream and immediately got a wave of panic.  I've been feeling that sense of dread, getting startled at little things.  Hope this passes soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

havent posted here in a few days...thats because the last week has been overall well!  But guess what, now a setback today!  Ugh..............

I made the mistake of drinking a diet coke last night, I havent had one for weeks.  I also took Chelated Magnesium last night for the first time to help with sleep and anxiety.  Well, I woke up this morning without the peppy mood I have been experiencing this week and minutes later after waking up, the adrenaline began flowing around my chest and tummy.  Ugh.  Well, I just sipped on some calming tea.  We'll see if that helps.  My hands feel pretty clammy right now, mood isnt as peppy like it has been this week. Can't believe Cipro did this :/

• Moderator Emeritus

Glad you felt better Aeroman but sorry that you are feeling rotten again. Waves and windows, ride the waves and the windows will always open again although it feels like it never will!  Every single wave I have had I felt that this one is here for ever, but they always pass.

I tried chelated magnesium at one point but didn't like it, I don't know why but I felt 'jumpy' and my stomach didn't tolerate it very well. Mag glycinate is better for me.

Hope the window opens again very soon.

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I use cal/mag citramate. It's VERY calming. It's a combo pill and can only be ordered online or a health food store. Thorne brand.

Sorry you're still struggling with this Aeroman. Even this doesn't add up to me. Someone who's been healed for years being thrown into WD again and for THIS long? From An AB? It's blows my mind. Are we suposed to walk on eggshells for the rest of our lives now afraid of getting sick as we might just take one thing that will send us back into hell??! Quite scary and I'm so sorry for you!! You've done your time years ago already. This isn't fair.

13 years of Ssri's - celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft

2 fast tapers and 2 cold turkeys over the years

Psych med free since September 4th 2011 - fast tapered then CT'd 12.5 mg of Zoloft

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

I use cal/mag citramate. It's VERY calming. It's a combo pill and can only be ordered online or a health food store. Thorne brand.

Sorry you're still struggling with this Aeroman. Even this doesn't add up to me. Someone who's been healed for years being thrown into WD again and for THIS long? From An AB? It's blows my mind. Are we suposed to walk on eggshells for the rest of our lives now afraid of getting sick as we might just take one thing that will send us back into hell??! Quite scary and I'm so sorry for you!! You've done your time years ago already. This isn't fair.

It sounds to me like it's a matter of nervous system being destabilized by the cipro. As Alex pointed out, floxins are known to cause such problems, even when one isn't recovering from psych meds, as far as I know. And certainly when your CNS might still be sensitive, even though no acute symptoms, for a while after withdrawal.

One bit of good advice I got on PP was when I got an unbelievably severe UTI when in acute paxil withdrawal, and my doctor was so alarmed about the severity (I was urinating large quantities of pure bright red blood - had had many UTIs when I was younger but never had that happen), he said I had to take cipro. And I was had a lot of substance sensitivities, including dangerously bad reactions to some medications, even before I went into withdrawal.

Laurie urged me to ask the doctor's office for the lab's urine C&S report listing of all the medications the bacterium was sensitive to. Cipro was listed tops on the list, but there were a number of other antibiotics as well. Made me realize there were almost always other options for meds, which is reassuring. (For example, I think cipro is a very heavy-duty med with high potential for bad side effects, that is being way overprescribed - too often without any valid reason for choosing that particular AB.)

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343