ikam: tapering escitalopram

ikam

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi ikam

I'm sorry you are having a tough time of it. Given you have made a lot of changes over the past 4 months with starting and decreasing an AD, taking homeopathic remedies and increasing your ppi, it's impossible to say what is causing your current experience. It could be one of those things or all of them making a contribution.

If I was you I would read this thread on PPI's. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2533-that-acid-reflux-pill-may-be-causing-your-health-problems/

I would also stop the homeopathy and just let your body stabilise in response to the changes. I would also try and minimise your stress wherever possible. If you have a symptom you are worried about, see if it could be an adverse reaction or withdrawal symptom and/or get it investigated. Worrying about whether you have cancer is not good for your nervous system which incorporates both your gut and your brain.

You can recover your health but you need to go gentle on your system and don't throw substances at it to 'fix it'

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi ikam

I'm sorry you are having a tough time of it. Given you have made a lot of changes over the past 4 months with starting and decreasing an AD, taking homeopathic remedies and increasing your ppi, it's impossible to say what is causing your current experience. It could be one of those things or all of them making a contribution.

If I was you I would read this thread on PPI's. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2533-that-acid-reflux-pill-may-be-causing-your-health-problems/

I would also stop the homeopathy and just let your body stabilise in response to the changes. I would also try and minimise your stress wherever possible. If you have a symptom you are worried about, see if it could be an adverse reaction or withdrawal symptom and/or get it investigated. Worrying about whether you have cancer is not good for your nervous system which incorporates both your gut and your brain.

You can recover your health but you need to go gentle on your system and don't throw substances at it to 'fix it'

Dalsaan

THANK YOU...

Yes, I still try to fix myself with substances...i am just like my mother who used to take me to doctors with any cold...that time they used to prescribe antibiotics...my mother was unable to wait patiently for my symptoms to pass...

I just do exactly the same...

I stopped homeopathic remedies...

I got PPI back to the dose I was on before, I increased it only for two days...

I am also going to buy some special seat cover for my car, so my back will be well supported when I drive...

I am better now, but yes, I was so anxious over my symptoms...and worried that I may get ill...and...just catastrophising...

- 12.03.2021- doxepin- 50mg

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

- 30.09.2020- doxepin- 125mg

- May 2020, omeprazole 40mg switched to esomeprazole 20mg

- 2012 re-started Doxepin 75mg, evening. Increased to 150mg

- 2012, Atenolol 25mg, twice a day

- 2016, Low dose of HRT in evening, Sandrena and Utrogestan 

- Long term of Nasal spray Otrivine

- 2012, PPI Omeprazole 40mg-evening

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

• Moderator Emeritus

I think some of us missed important training on how to soothe/care for ourselves - me included.   Be gentle, calm and patient with yourself.  If you struggle, think of it as giving advice to others - what recommendations would you give to someone else experiencing what you are.   That can take some of the hype out of it which is useful for your system

Your decision to buy something to support your back in that long drive is great.

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Ikam, 

MammaP is thinking of you - she's indisposed and sent me to make sure you are okay.  I'm sorry you are having trouble.

I haven't read your whole thread, but I will briefly comment on homeopathic substances. 

Traumeel is a true homeopathic remedy.  This means that it contains nothing but water (and rainbows and good thoughts).  Supposedly, according to homeopathy, it contains the vibration of the herbs that were once in the water.  But scientific analysis shows that the homeopathic process of dilution (which homeopathy claims increases the power of the formula) ensures that there is NOT ONE molecule left of the substances they were once infused with.  Therefore it is an expensive, but harmless thing.  If it makes you feel good, no harm done.  It supposedly heals your "subtle body" with those rainbows, good thoughts, and vibratory effects (however, if you are serious about homeopathy, there are substances, such as mint - even mint toothpaste - which supposedly will completely negate the subtle effects.)  That said, for all I cannot wrap my head around homeopathy - some principles are sound, but the remedies are all just made of water - there are people who swear it works.  

The RainSoul is an herbal remedy.  It is unique, I haven't seen anything like it.  I have absolutely no idea what it is supposed to do other than "antioxidant" stuff.  That said, all of their pages seem to be eager for me to get into their pyramid scheme, "become a partner" blah blah.  That means to me that they are overpriced.  This remedy does have stuff in it, and perhaps it is this that you reacted to.

Your acid reflux and PPI thing.  I'm not a chemist or pharmacist, I just know that PPI's are not to be used long term.  My doctor had me on them (for 7 years), and my CHEMIST took me off, stating that it could cause bone problems, and other systemic problems.  When I told my doctor I was off them, she said, "what about your acid reflux?"

Well, hey.  Tums work, if it's really bad.  Sometimes it takes up to 6 of them, but they are not as harmful as a PPI. Be sure and drink 6 oz of water with each pair of Tums you take.  Additionally, I added slippery elm, ulmus rubra bark.  I take it 2-4 times a day, and voila!  I have no more acid reflux.  It soothes and repairs the mucous coating of my digestive tract.  Every now and then I will get a pain or a problem, but nothing that can't be fixed with a couple of Tums.  I think that most people here who have gotten off their PPI's use Tums, which also provide a bit of calcium (try not to take them around magnesium).  Heck, my birthmother uses them for her main calcium supplement - lines them up in 10 little piles of 2 each, and takes them every night.  I don't recommend that - but it hasn't done her harm, either.  (my Mom would say: too much sodium!)

Other gentle herbal remedies include mint tea, or ginger tea.  Mint cools heat, ginger improves digestion by increasing heat.  A tea is a very gentle way to take an herb as a simple, not complex formula, and you know - if one cup of tea helps, then that is good.  (I would not recommend constant drinking of them, just as needed).

I just bought a disposable TENS unit for my husband's back.  I'll be curious to see if it helps him (I'm going to wait until it flares, and then try it on him).  It's a tiny thing, has like a hearing aid battery in it, and when it's done (300 hours of use, they say) you just throw it away.

Have a safe trip!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Dear Ikam, 

MammaP is thinking of you - she's indisposed and sent me to make sure you are okay.  I'm sorry you are having trouble.

I haven't read your whole thread, but I will briefly comment on homeopathic substances. 

Traumeel is a true homeopathic remedy.  This means that it contains nothing but water (and rainbows and good thoughts).  Supposedly, according to homeopathy, it contains the vibration of the herbs that were once in the water.  But scientific analysis shows that the homeopathic process of dilution (which homeopathy claims increases the power of the formula) ensures that there is NOT ONE molecule left of the substances they were once infused with.  Therefore it is an expensive, but harmless thing.  If it makes you feel good, no harm done.  It supposedly heals your "subtle body" with those rainbows, good thoughts, and vibratory effects (however, if you are serious about homeopathy, there are substances, such as mint - even mint toothpaste - which supposedly will completely negate the subtle effects.)  That said, for all I cannot wrap my head around homeopathy - some principles are sound, but the remedies are all just made of water - there are people who swear it works.  

The RainSoul is an herbal remedy.  It is unique, I haven't seen anything like it.  I have absolutely no idea what it is supposed to do other than "antioxidant" stuff.  That said, all of their pages seem to be eager for me to get into their pyramid scheme, "become a partner" blah blah.  That means to me that they are overpriced.  This remedy does have stuff in it, and perhaps it is this that you reacted to.

Your acid reflux and PPI thing.  I'm not a chemist or pharmacist, I just know that PPI's are not to be used long term.  My doctor had me on them (for 7 years), and my CHEMIST took me off, stating that it could cause bone problems, and other systemic problems.  When I told my doctor I was off them, she said, "what about your acid reflux?"

Well, hey.  Tums work, if it's really bad.  Sometimes it takes up to 6 of them, but they are not as harmful as a PPI. Be sure and drink 6 oz of water with each pair of Tums you take.  Additionally, I added slippery elm, ulmus rubra bark.  I take it 2-4 times a day, and voila!  I have no more acid reflux.  It soothes and repairs the mucous coating of my digestive tract.  Every now and then I will get a pain or a problem, but nothing that can't be fixed with a couple of Tums.  I think that most people here who have gotten off their PPI's use Tums, which also provide a bit of calcium (try not to take them around magnesium).  Heck, my birthmother uses them for her main calcium supplement - lines them up in 10 little piles of 2 each, and takes them every night.  I don't recommend that - but it hasn't done her harm, either.  (my Mom would say: too much sodium!)

Other gentle herbal remedies include mint tea, or ginger tea.  Mint cools heat, ginger improves digestion by increasing heat.  A tea is a very gentle way to take an herb as a simple, not complex formula, and you know - if one cup of tea helps, then that is good.  (I would not recommend constant drinking of them, just as needed).

I just bought a disposable TENS unit for my husband's back.  I'll be curious to see if it helps him (I'm going to wait until it flares, and then try it on him).  It's a tiny thing, has like a hearing aid battery in it, and when it's done (300 hours of use, they say) you just throw it away.

Have a safe trip!

THANK YOU...

TENS is good, I used to use it when I had pelvic pain...it was helpful...but I also was every week on physiotherapy...

I am not feeling well today. It has been fourth day with paresthesia in the morning...i don't know what to do anymore...

I guess, new job and drving are both huge demand for my nervous system, but I cannot afford to stop working...i am actually taking additional tasks...my bank account does not look too good...

I thought that homeopatic remedies would be the least harmful way...

The rain supplement, I feel more energised somehow...but I think maybe I should stop it, as it may overstimulate me (?)...

PPI, I have been on them for years...i don't think it is a good time to stop them now, but I will not increase, neither decrease it...

Doctor told me to add gaviscon in evening, to prevent my throat beeing irritated...

when this paresthesia hits me I feel defeated...i feel I will get worse and worse...i will never recover...

I need to be strong now...but I am not...i am in a total mess, my body seems to be failing me...

If driving and working is too much, there is nothing else to earn the money I need, so...sorry, I better just die...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

Oh Ikam..I'm sorry I totally feel the same..I think a lot of us are just feeling so defeated right now x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Oh Ikam..I'm sorry I totally feel the same..I think a lot of us are just feeling so defeated right now x

Thanks, I am better now...it is evening, I am usualy worse in the mornings...i distracted myself today and this helped...

It seems I have no other choice than to be patient...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Tired...paresthesia was not so bad...

Is joint pain relared to WD? I think I have something similar to arthritis in both hands, very painful in the morning, then it goes away...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh yes, you can have joint pain, muscle fatigue, flu-like symptoms, all kinds of different things - and here's the thing - everyone is different, so you never know what's going to crop up.  It's kind of like an evil "lucky pick."

I want to thank you for teaching me the word paresthesia.  I got to thinking about you and realized I've been having this for 10 years.  I thought it was from the statins, and it did get better when I went off the statins.  But I still had it, and I still have it now and then.  Very uncomfortable stuff.  So - inspired by you I did a google search on my current drug, lithium, and paresthesia.  Lo and behold.  It causes it directly, and withdrawal from it causes this also.  So thanks to you I learned something new about my own journey.

If and when you do decide to go off the PPI, please taper it, too.  It does have lingering withdrawal effects - not as nasty as AD but still worth being cautious with.

What non-drug coping techniques are you using?  Would you like to try some different ones?

Here's an overview:  Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

Oh yes, you can have joint pain, muscle fatigue, flu-like symptoms, all kinds of different things - and here's the thing - everyone is different, so you never know what's going to crop up.  It's kind of like an evil "lucky pick."

I want to thank you for teaching me the word paresthesia.  I got to thinking about you and realized I've been having this for 10 years.  I thought it was from the statins, and it did get better when I went off the statins.  But I still had it, and I still have it now and then.  Very uncomfortable stuff.  So - inspired by you I did a google search on my current drug, lithium, and paresthesia.  Lo and behold.  It causes it directly, and withdrawal from it causes this also.  So thanks to you I learned something new about my own journey.

If and when you do decide to go off the PPI, please taper it, too.  It does have lingering withdrawal effects - not as nasty as AD but still worth being cautious with.

What non-drug coping techniques are you using?  Would you like to try some different ones?

I wrote my answer, but it got lost...too tired to write again...i had three hours journey back today, lots of trafic, I did drive two hours in the morning...feel exhausted...i will get back to you...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Would updosing a bit help for this paresthesia?

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Did not go to work today. The paraesthesia was really bad. I was so exhausted. I am worried I will not be able to keep this job (I cannot lose it...)...

...travelling, working would not have been a problem in the past...I used to commute before...

I am in such a mess now...it feels it will never get better...

Is this what you call the wave, and will it pass? It is getting worse...

The paraesthesia includes also other parts of my body...but as it seems related to driving...it also has more burning sensation and it is more spread in my back...I have pins and needles now...my hands feel kind of weak...

It all started much earlier at night yesterday. I was driving for more than three hours in evening...

I am going to see physiotherapist today, it helped me before...

Also had diarrhoea in the morning...

I actually woke up ready for work, tired but ready and went back to bed...feeling guilty now...by not going to work I only add to my suffering...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

I wrote my answer, but it got lost...too tired to write again...i had three hours journey back today, lots of trafic, I did drive two hours in the morning...feel exhausted...i will get back to you...

As per my previous post, I did not go to work today. I did five hours driving yesterday + work. no wonder I am exhausted. But I dont see any solution...

Really pleased I helped you a bit in your journey. Paresthesia is very uncomfortable...and I don't know anymore how to cope with it...

Additionally, my hands feel so weak...

I think I have neurological problems...i am losing my patience. Thought today that I want to die...

I do use other no-drug strategies. Mostly distraction...warm bath...listening to music, watching tv in my mother tongue (english requires more concentration)...

But stopped any exercices, riding bike, walking...

I dislike the area I moved to that I have problems with going out.....

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Hi Ikam, I have been following you all the time and was happy for your break/ window and your able to handle the me wjob and commune! I'm sorry about the setback! It is not a big surprise unfortunately as I havent seen anyone else had such a quick and steady improvement. It's always up and down and for very long.

In terms of needling pain/ sensation, it has always been one of my biggest challenge as its so debilitating and discomfort! You already listed one of the most helpful strategy, hot shower. I also tried magnesium spray couple of times, it worked wonder the first time but not so for the rest. I don't know if it's practical for you, swimming helps a lot to me. It seems more complain on this for lex users.

Another even bigger challenge for me is the jaw pain. With all the gained strength over years of battling with various suffering, I still found it unbearable.

What are your other symptoms now? Have you ever considered RI for a tiny bit like 0.05 mg see what that will do?

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Hi Ikam, I have been following you all the time and was happy for your break/ window and your able to handle the me wjob and commune! I'm sorry about the setback! It is not a big surprise unfortunately as I havent seen anyone else had such a quick and steady improvement. It's always up and down and for very long.

In terms of needling pain/ sensation, it has always been one of my biggest challenge as its so debilitating and discomfort! You already listed one of the most helpful strategy, hot shower. I also tried magnesium spray couple of times, it worked wonder the first time but not so for the rest. I don't know if it's practical for you, swimming helps a lot to me. It seems more complain on this for lex users.

Another even bigger challenge for me is the jaw pain. With all the gained strength over years of battling with various suffering, I still found it unbearable.

What are your other symptoms now? Have you ever considered RI for a tiny bit like 0.05 mg see what that will do?

Thank you. This set back has showed me that this is a "real enemy"...when in my window, I minimised it...

It hit me badly...

i am more tired, so the paresthesia seems worse...

Went for physio today, he confirmed that a lot of this related to some tenssion in the middle of my spine...

I wish I did not need to work...it is so difficult to get up and then drive and work...

I am worried now about the consequesnces of taking a day off today. I took day off week before as well...

Sorry to hear about your pain...i know how difficult it is...

When I told my psychiatrist about paresthesia, she said she did not hear that lexapro causes it...but it does!

I collected my new glasses today, I did not realise that my eye sight was so bad. It feels really pleasant to wear them, and also drive...hopefully this will decrease my tiredness...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Wishing you strength,,especially for those mornings xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Once again, we are experiencing a lot in common. Yor doc is smart knowing that tension in your spine is causing lots problems to you. I have been having lower back pain for over 2 months. I had a lumbar dislocation long time ago but it never took this long to heal. One thing can help a great deal in this case is treatment by a chiropractor. Or some home treatment with hot pad on the spine plus spine stretching exercise.

It is really a huge issue and challenge going through each day like this. I sleep 10 hours each night followed immediate pains, numbness etc which makes it even harder to be able to do a full time job.

How about your sleep?

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Once again, we are experiencing a lot in common. Yor doc is smart knowing that tension in your spine is causing lots problems to you. I have been having lower back pain for over 2 months. I had a lumbar dislocation long time ago but it never took this long to heal. One thing can help a great deal in this case is treatment by a chiropractor. Or some home treatment with hot pad on the spine plus spine stretching exercise.

It is really a huge issue and challenge going through each day like this. I sleep 10 hours each night followed immediate pains, numbness etc which makes it even harder to be able to do a full time job.

How about your sleep?

I sleep really well, but I still take doxepin at night...

My physiotherapist gave me some exercices, he also did some massage...but most of all this helped me to stop worrying...

Today, I have had a strange, new sensation on my palms, kind of as if I had some alergy, they are so itchy...

And, how has your day been?

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

another uncommon effect of lex that we both have. I never sleep so much and so solid, 8-10 hours each night, more at each cut.

I am having the most severe pain/needling all over again today, so much that my heart is struggling to hold on.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

another uncommon effect of lex that we both have. I never sleep so much and so solid, 8-10 hours each night, more at each cut.

I am having the most severe pain/needling all over again today, so much that my heart is struggling to hold on.

Sorry to hear about your pain/needling...what helps?

Sonce physiotherapy my paresthesia seems better. But I had a stabbing pain under my armpit last night...

Woke up feeling very low...and exhausted...

Some time ago I used to take proinflazyme https://www.pureformulas.com/proinflazyme-60-capsules-by-nutri-west.html

I wonder what people think about this supplement?

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I read a thing by John Sarno, MD, which he insists that all back pain is suppressed rage.  Instead of speaking up for ourselves, we suppress our expression of feeling, we just let it go, and let it go, until our brain stores oxygen in our back (as I understand it) and causes pain.  He has a good success rate with his books and seminars.  I'm not saying it's for you - but it might be worth looking into.  I wish I could get hubby to look at it!  He is a man who can rarely express his anger, it's like "not safe" to do so for him.

In fact, in our world, it's rarely safe and healthy to express anger, so we take it in.

It's not too late to updose, reinstate, but that opportunity time is running out soon.  I would suggest a tiny tiny amount of 1 mg at first, to see if that takes the edge off your paresthesia.  I would not go higher than 2.5, and I would even build up to that.  You can try 1 mg for a week to 10 days, see if it helps.  Going too high could activate your symptoms more, and if that's the case, you will know quite quickly.  There are no guarantees, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.  But the longer you wait, the less likely it is to help.

Ahhhhh, massage.  Yoga is almost as good, too:

Gentle yoga for calming

Take care, keep us posted on what you decide to do.

I read a thing by John Sarno, MD, which he insists that all back pain is suppressed rage.  Instead of speaking up for ourselves, we suppress our expression of feeling, we just let it go, and let it go, until our brain stores oxygen in our back (as I understand it) and causes pain.  He has a good success rate with his books and seminars.  I'm not saying it's for you - but it might be worth looking into.  I wish I could get hubby to look at it!  He is a man who can rarely express his anger, it's like "not safe" to do so for him.

In fact, in our world, it's rarely safe and healthy to express anger, so we take it in.

It's not too late to updose, reinstate, but that opportunity time is running out soon.  I would suggest a tiny tiny amount of 1 mg at first, to see if that takes the edge off your paresthesia.  I would not go higher than 2.5, and I would even build up to that.  You can try 1 mg for a week to 10 days, see if it helps.  Going too high could activate your symptoms more, and if that's the case, you will know quite quickly.  There are no guarantees, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.  But the longer you wait, the less likely it is to help.

Ahhhhh, massage.  Yoga is almost as good, too:

Gentle yoga for calming

Thank you. Yes, the unexpressed anger usually turns against ourselves...i spoke about this with somebody and he goes as far that every time I feel suicial I need to ask myself what in my life makes me angry or dissatisfied...

There are times that we cannot express anger in prohealthy way, but it is good to be aware of what is an underlying cause of our emotions or pain...

I was not allowed to get angry in my childhood, and received a lot of angry treatment from my father (beating me badly with the belt until he was done with his rage)...this is still stored in my body...in the past I was often ill, as I turned this against myself...

This is also known, I think, as a concept of retroflexion...

Depression is also seen as unexpressed anger...

I have decided not to updose, I did a tiny bit on thursday morning and I felt much worse...

Then I went for physiotherapy and this has helped. My paresthesia is not so bad. I also have better understanding how the tenssion in my back affects my hands (he said these are referred symptoms)...

The paresthesia has gotten better but since yesterday I have had really bad intestine cramps and pain...

And, I have made a mistake trying to fix it with medication. As I had diarrhea on thursday morning (i think I was sick from driving and eating bad quality chocolate), I took loperamide...then I started to have more cramps, so I took buscopan yesterday...i also took it in evening and today afternoon...i also too paracetamol during the night, as I had a strange pain under my armpit...

I am feeling very dizzy now, problems with concentration, muscle weakness...

I have made this mistake, as it is so automatic with me, pain means I need medication...

I am feeling so embarrassed now...

I also have had lots of pain that seems to wander through my body...some of it is realted to muscles being overtired...although driving was easier yesterday...

Thank you again, it is so good to feel I can ask questions, off load my feelings...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

To add to the above, I also feel as if having a bad cold, lots of joint pain...there are many people who are ill at work...i had flu vaccination in autumn so I may not have all the symptoms....

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Ahhhhh, massage.  Yoga is almost as good, too:Gentle yoga for calming

Thank you. Yes, the unexpressed anger usually turns against ourselves...i spoke about this with somebody and he goes as far that every time I feel suicial I need to ask myself what in my life makes me angry or dissatisfied...

There are times that we cannot express anger in prohealthy way, but it is good to be aware of what is an underlying cause of our emotions or pain...

I was not allowed to get angry in my childhood, and received a lot of angry treatment from my father (beating me badly with the belt until he was done with his rage)...this is still stored in my body...in the past I was often ill, as I turned this against myself...

This is also known, I think, as a concept of retroflexion...

Depression is also seen as unexpressed anger...

I have decided not to updose, I did a tiny bit on thursday morning and I felt much worse...

Then I went for physiotherapy and this has helped. My paresthesia is not so bad. I also have better understanding how the tenssion in my back affects my hands (he said these are referred symptoms)...

The paresthesia has gotten better but since yesterday I have had really bad intestine cramps and pain...

And, I have made a mistake trying to fix it with medication. As I had diarrhea on thursday morning (i think I was sick from driving and eating bad quality chocolate), I took loperamide...then I started to have more cramps, so I took buscopan yesterday...i also took it in evening and today afternoon...i also too paracetamol during the night, as I had a strange pain under my armpit...

I am feeling very dizzy now, problems with concentration, muscle weakness...

I have made this mistake, as it is so automatic with me, pain means I need medication...

I am feeling so embarrassed now...

I also have had lots of pain that seems to wander through my body...some of it is realted to muscles being overtired...although driving was easier yesterday...

Thank you again, it is so good to feel I can ask questions, off load my feelings...

Hmmm, just one more, I actually have both his books...i bought them when I had severe pelvic pain...this pain was also cured by physiotherapy, over one year + exercices...

I am intersted in bodymind connection and how it actually transfers to the body symptoms...

I just bought a book "The brains way of healing" by norman doidge and "the body keeps the score" by bessel van der kolk...

As I was exposed to quite severe trauma in the past, my nervous system has been really compromised, additionally I started drinking at the age of 14...

I did not know any selfsoothing strategies...i am trying to kearn now...

So with me ptsd was first, then substances...it is difficult to distinguish sometimes what is what...ptsd or WD, or both...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

I have checked and I actually have temperature, around 38C...

So maybe I just have a real cold?

How to distungish if it is a real cold or wd?

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

*moved from symptoms

How to distinguish real cold from wd?
Possibly it has been covered elsewhere, but I am feeling so unwell now. Checked temperature and I almost have 38C...my joints are painful, bit headachy...shivering, but my head just feels so hot...

As I mentioned in my thread, I took anti-diarrhea medication on thursday, this was followed by intesting cramps, took paracetamol last night and buscopan yesterday afternoon, evening and today afternoon...

Is it possible to get temperature as a WD symptom?

Edited by Petunia
added note

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Temperature around 38C is fever. I think you have a cold. Take care!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Unfortunately, it has been rising...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Just try to relax and let the cold have it's way. So many people are sick now. Get healthy! (Is that the right phrase in English?)

Now is the time for tea, a blanket and a good film. (It's easier to comfort one self when it's a normal cold. :) For me anyway...

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

One caution when having a cold, be careful about the cold meds that may interact with ssir. Try some home remedy first.

Hope it pass quickly.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

Just try to relax and let the cold have it's way. So many people are sick now. Get healthy! (Is that the right phrase in English?)

Now is the time for tea, a blanket and a good film. (It's easier to comfort one self when it's a normal cold. :) For me anyway...

It is a right phrase for me, as I am not English! I am Polish...

I need to get better by Wednesday...i cannot afford time of work, as I am not payd for it...my bank sent a letter to me to increase my oayments...i never been in such debts...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

One caution when having a cold, be careful about the cold meds that may interact with ssir. Try some home remedy first.

Hope it pass quickly.

I dont take any "speeding cold remedies", they are poison...i do take paracetamol though...

I also have propolis and lemon and honey and some juice from a plant that contains lots of vitamin C...

I need to be fixed by Wednesday morning...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

I saw that you asked in another thread about high fever. I dont think fever is "normal" in WD flu, but I am not sure.

I am sorry you are in money stress, just try not to think about over the weekend. You might be fine by monday.

I saw that you asked in another thread about high fever. I dont think fever is "normal" in WD flu, but I am not sure.

I am sorry you are in money stress, just try not to think about over the weekend. You might be fine by monday.

Thank you. Going to sleep soon...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Hope it pass quickly.

Thank you for supporting me...

I went to a ENT doctor today, as I noticed white spots in my throat and I still did not feel well...

He prescribed antibiotic this time...i know I have to take it...this infection has been getting progressively worse since november, I had a blood tests done then and in december and they both showed an infection...it was ignored by my GP...it got better, but now it is much worse...i have type of tonsillitis, only I dont have tonsils anymore, so it is much deeper in my throat...

My body is too compromised to fight infection on its own...

I will take this antibiotic. I cannot afford time off work now...i am getting really bad financially...

Antibiotic is called Clarithomycin. I checked interactions:

clarithromycin ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: clarithromycin, escitalopram

Using escitalopram together with clarithromycin can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a relatively rare side effect

Hopefully, I will be able to take it with no major side effects...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Fingers crossed

Drug free Sep. 23 2017