SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Tattyapple: what the heck is happening?

Tattyapple

Hey @Tootles so if you tried to sit down or lay down right now, you wouldn’t be able to do it? And, yes, I felt better on the medication. No anxiety but I was dealing with kindling from the drug too. Side effects, etc. I couldn’t keep going that way so I knew I had to do something. Just wish I woulda tapered properly. I’m debating on reinstating because maybe that’s what my body needs. Or I just stick this out(with no signs of any physical symptom letting up) and in 3 years feel the same way. 

Example:

2018 - Started Effexor 37.5 in Janurary of 2018
2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 September - continued to taper in to 25% on extended release

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2019 November 28th - Discontinued effexor at 18.75 without anymore tapering.

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

No not without twitching and tossing and turning constantly. I know many will hate me saying it but if i had to choose between the way i feel now and going back to my old routine of medication and weed, id choose the medication and weed because i'm a total mess now, instead of a fairly functional junky. I'm going for an appointment tomorrow with a psychiatrist to discuss what my options are and if they can help AT ALL. Looking to get access to Neuro Psychiatry therapy. 

2005 (aged almost 22) - Prescribed Citalopram 10mg  (All of this from the start was whilst smoking Cannabis chronically)

2006 Citalopram 20 mg

2007 Citalopram 40 mg - underwent a craniotomy to remove a large blot clot on my brain, Citalopram stopped cold turkey in hospital,

late 2007 - Using Cannabis chronically. Doctor Prescribed 20mg Cymbalta quickly rising to 30mg. 

2008 Cymbalta 60 mg 

2012 Cymbalta raised to 90mg when needed

2012 -2014 On and off between 60mg and 90 mg depending on how i was feeling (doctors advice to do this)

2014- 2015 approached doctor to stop taking medication i believed was causing issues. (sexual dysfunction, gastro intestinal, hair drastically falling out, heart palpatations, rage and severe irritability, insomnia etc etc) 

He said take a 60mg one day then a 30mg the next day an alternate for a week, then just take 30mg for another week every day and then stop. 

2015 totally off of medication and experienced acute withdrawl, severe crippling anxiety, Tardive Akathesia, life started to fall apart. 

So, during your early days of WD would you say you’ve improved any at all? Or you’ve just gotten worse? @Tootles what’s kept you going so long? Do you wake up with a turning stomach and anxiety? 

man these suicidal thoughts always seem to creep in

Example:

2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

I was ok for around 3 months, or rather not noticing any real change in me apart from an increased restlessness that was slowly driving me crazy. But i smoked alot of weed, always have done, which was helping to mask it but i had to smoke more and more to calm myself to any degree.

Then after a year it was clear i was really struggling and something was not at all right. The weed had been making me increasingly more anxious and wasn't helping anymore. Id stopped talking to my BEST friends. I felt empty and i missed the 'me' i was on the meds. I had many suicidal thoughts and ended up acting on them, didn't succeed but the intention was definitely there i would break down in tears alot.  

I don't have as many strong suicidal thoughts anymore, certainly not to the extent i felt in the first year and a half after i realised all my problems had been PAWS. I don't have the anxious feeling in my stomach as often anymore maybe really notice it 3/4 times a week, hard to say i've gotten so used to it. But i do know that feeling it's gross! like the bad butterflies! makes you feel awful and takes over.

And i hate to say what has kept me going so long is i have very little responsibility, drink alcohol and smoke hemp now. (not psychoactive) Neither are a long term solution. It doesn't fix anything. But has helped to have some respite from some symptoms of withdrawl.

Don't go down this road because like the site says using drugs in any way to battle your withdrawal is just messing with your CNS making it harder to stabilize. However i have no support from my Doctors or family so i had to find ways to cope however i could. 

Dude the main thing you have to remember is you have only taken these things for a couple of years, You will recover hopefully much quicker than people who took them for longer (personally 10 years) There's people on here that have taken them 25+ years.

What made you decide to stop taking them may i ask? You made a personal decision to stop? 

2005 (aged almost 22) - Prescribed Citalopram 10mg  (All of this from the start was whilst smoking Cannabis chronically)

2006 Citalopram 20 mg

2007 Citalopram 40 mg - underwent a craniotomy to remove a large blot clot on my brain, Citalopram stopped cold turkey in hospital,

late 2007 - Using Cannabis chronically. Doctor Prescribed 20mg Cymbalta quickly rising to 30mg. 

2008 Cymbalta 60 mg 

2012 Cymbalta raised to 90mg when needed

2012 -2014 On and off between 60mg and 90 mg depending on how i was feeling (doctors advice to do this)

2014- 2015 approached doctor to stop taking medication i believed was causing issues. (sexual dysfunction, gastro intestinal, hair drastically falling out, heart palpatations, rage and severe irritability, insomnia etc etc) 

He said take a 60mg one day then a 30mg the next day an alternate for a week, then just take 30mg for another week every day and then stop. 

2015 totally off of medication and experienced acute withdrawl, severe crippling anxiety, Tardive Akathesia, life started to fall apart. 

Hey @Tootles I sent you a private message ! 

Example:

• 2 years later...

Hi.

iv not posted in a long time. I wanted to say that things did get a bit better. Not perfect, but much better than the early days.. To anyone that is still suffering, you will definitely get well again❤️

Effexor 37.5mg 1999-2004 cold turkey. 2004- prozac 20mg untill 2014 then cold turkey. Very unwell since. 2018 November started 30mg propranolol. Feb 2019 started 0.5 lamotrgiene