Cheeky: on Paxil for 23 years needing advice

Cheeky

Hey hun.

I just dropped again by 1mg two weeks ago and am waiting for withdrawal to hit me. I would be so happy if it didn’t. If I feel this good in three weeks I will do another drop by .5mg.

How have you been going, still

holding?

• 1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg 2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg of Seroquel

• Through the years made many mistakes tapering

• Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 7.5% per month Paxil 9% Seroquel doing daily micro-taper 

• Guided by Mark Horowitz

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

12 hours ago, Cheeky said:

Hey hun.

I just dropped again by 1mg two weeks ago and am waiting for withdrawal to hit me. I would be so happy if it didn’t. If I feel this good in three weeks I will do another drop by .5mg.

How have you been going, still

holding?

Good to hear! Im still holding.. going through a wave right now. Don’t like those waves ugh! Everything hits me so late. When’s the last time you had a wave?

Been on Paxil since 96”-97”, 40mg tried 3 times to get off and didn’t work, started a very slow taper Jan 2016, have only dropped down by 3 mg.. on 37mg currently.. have very delayed withdrawals. Last drop was in July 2017.. still have waves and windows. 

Magnesium 200mg, foilc acid 1 mg, vitamin d3 5000iu, Blood pressure meds-Verapamil & Irbesartan... Smoke cbd flower once in awhile. 

Hey People,

I have currently held my last drop of 1 mg to 33mg and I havn't felt much all all compared to the other times, Should I drop again of .5mg or hold for another two weeks and then drop 1mg, I dont want to do anything crazy as I know too well that drops can catch up to you. Any advice would be appreciated . Thanks

• 1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg 2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg of Seroquel

• Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 7.5% per month Paxil 9% Seroquel doing daily micro-taper 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hello

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hi Cheeky-- sorry that your post got lost in the pile.  I glad that your recent drop is doing well, because of that I think you should not mix things up and stick to your original plan.  Enjoy feeling good and hopefully it will carry over to you next drop.

Brass

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I'm happy to hear you haven't had any trouble with your drop!! Wonderful!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

On 8/5/2018 at 1:53 AM, Rosetta said:

I'm happy to hear you haven't had any trouble with your drop!! Wonderful!

Thankyou Rosetta xxxx

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

On 8/4/2018 at 2:07 PM, brassmonkey said:

Hi Cheeky-- sorry that your post got lost in the pile.  I glad that your recent drop is doing well, because of that I think you should not mix things up and stick to your original plan.  Enjoy feeling good and hopefully it will carry over to you next drop.

Brass

Thankyou brass

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus

That’s wonderful your last drop sent so well Cheeky, 

Im so very happy for you💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone or anybody who reads this.

Ive been doing pretty good on my last few drops , only noticing a few minor withdrawal symptoms but mooting too bad. I knew that would come to an end and in a blink of an eye, Bam woke up a couple of days ago with the aniexty , dizziness, ears popping  and haveing the runs like I have eaten something wrong.

Yesterdsy wasn’t too bad but again today I have woken up with that aniexty again and have had to go straight home after school drop off as I wasn’t going to make the toilet. I know that I’m going to give my self a break as I need to let my

nervous system settle down, I just get so scared when this happens and feel disabled. This is a wave I know I just need a little reassurance that I will be okay.

i tend not to go on these forums when I feel good as I find it makes me anxious reading others peoples struggling and I wish  I was better support . I’m just feeling very anxious today 🙁

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Cheeky said:

I know that I’m going to give my self a break as I need to let my

nervous system settle down, I just get so scared when this happens and feel disabled. This is a wave I know I just need a little reassurance that I will be okay.

i tend not to go on these forums when I feel good as I find it makes me anxious reading others peoples struggling and I wish  I was better support . 

Hi Cheeky,

I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious. (((hugs)))) You will definitely be okay, even if it doesn't seem like it right now.

As you know, sometimes the decreases "catch up" with us, so to speak. 

Try not to worry about supporting others on the forum right now. You're often very supportive here. If you need to step back, that makes a lot of sense. Please do what you can to take care of yourself.

Now is the time to, as you said, let your nervous system settle down, dial things back if/when possible, and rest. 

Hang in there, Cheeky. This will get better. ❤️

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

2 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

Hi Cheeky,

I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious. (((hugs)))) You will definitely be okay, even if it doesn't seem like it right now.

Try not to worry about supporting others on the forum right now. You're often very supportive here. If you need to step back, that makes a lot of sense. Please do what you can to take care of yourself.

Now is the time to, as you said, let your nervous system settle down, dial things back if/when possible, and rest. 

Thank you so much I really needed to hear that. This is  what we all go through and it’s just so awful. I hope it dosnt  last long 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus

You're very welcome. I hope it doesn't last long too. Hang in there. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

On 9/12/2018 at 11:53 AM, SkyBlue said:

Hi Cheeky,

Thank you so much I really needed to hear that. This is  what we all go through and it’s just so awful. I hope it dosnt  last long 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

I need a little reassurance today. 

I feel that my aniexty has really ramped up and I’m starting to think maybe I dropped too much the last month. This aniexty comes in strong waves and I feel  slight dizziness and have had the runs.

In my heart I now this is normal withdrawal but I just need  some words of guidance to get me through. 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hey cheeky, I have been off ssris for about 4 months. The upset stomach is super normal, I have good and bad days. For me I think of how long I have been on these pills and that they are not going to be out of my system overnight. Any progress is progress. If you are having a really difficult time you can always reinstate, no need to put yourself through pain. I had failed several times to get off paxil before my most recent attempt(which sometimes i contemplate reinstating). Try to do things that make you happy and try to distract yourself as each day goes by. Each day that passes you will be closer to your goal!

paxil 20 mg for over 20 years, dropped to 10 mg years back, 2018 April Dropped to 5mg, May 16 cut dosage down to 2.5 mg,  0 mg may 2018... 11/10 2018 reinstated 10mg. 

22 minutes ago, unclesteve85 said:

Hey cheeky, I have been off ssris for about 4 months. The upset stomach is super normal, I have good and bad days. For me I think of how long I have been on these pills and that they are not going to be out of my system overnight. Any progress is progress. If you are having a really difficult time you can always reinstate, no need to put yourself through pain. I had failed several times to get off paxil before my most recent attempt(which sometimes i contemplate reinstating). Try to do things that make you happy and try to distract yourself as each day goes by. Each day that passes you will be closer to your goal!

Thanks for the support, I think I might just have to ride this out.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Mind over matter! Just stay positive and focused, you got this! Each day that passes is a win.

paxil 20 mg for over 20 years, dropped to 10 mg years back, 2018 April Dropped to 5mg, May 16 cut dosage down to 2.5 mg,  0 mg may 2018... 11/10 2018 reinstated 10mg. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone ,

Since my last drop 6 weeks ago , I've had a rollar coaster of a ride. I know I dropped more then what I was suppose to, but thought I would get away with it. "BOY was I wrong"!  

I find most people flying through there tapers, going by 10% and 5%, but its just too much for me. Ever since the cold turkey 4 years ago I find I'm extremely sensitive, even when I changed brands I craahed. I just feel I will be the only one who will never get off these drugs and it really upsets me.

last week I had finally felt better , a little manic but okay and then some devastating news  came as well as taking my Paxil 5 hours late and now for the last 2 days I feel the chemical aniexty again. I just hope this passes.....

I feel so alone in this and I just want my life back.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

36 minutes ago, Cheeky said:

I feel so alone in this and I just want my life back.

You are so not alone, Cheeky.  I completely understand how you are feeling. I am so sorry you received such bad news....it makes sense this would cause an increase in anxiety.  Hang in there.....you were improving until the news came so you will get better again.  

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg

15 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

You are so not alone, Cheeky.  I completely understand how you are feeling. I am so sorry you received such bad news....it makes sense this would cause an increase in anxiety.  Hang in there.....you were improving until the news came so you will get better again.  

Thanks, it really helps when someone understands. I can’t believe how I’ve gotten myself in this mess. If only I could take back time.........

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, Cheeky said:

I find most people flying through there tapers, going by 10% and 5%, but its just too much for me.

There are quite a few of us turtles here who need to do very small drops.  At one point in my paroxetine taper I was doing just 0.05mg drops and my system still felt them!  After many many years of tapering I still haven't got off ADs, which is very frustrating, but I console myself with the fact that when I'm tapering my dose is going down.  You've got a long way down from 40mg, looks like you're getting close to 30mg.  Even when still on the drugs, I believe getting the dose lower makes a positive difference.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I wholeheartedly echo what Songbird said. There will be improvements as you go down. Another words, your current state will not be your state the entire time of tapering. Hang in there. We are all here for you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I would love to become part of this supportive group. My story seems so good in many ways compared to so many of you. I have been on ADs for probably 25 to 30 years now but I never went on and off all the time. I know I was on Paxil, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Zoloft and now Effexor. When I changed ADs I never had problems. I am also on Diazepam about 7.5mg a day. Well in April I started weaning off 225 mg of Venlafaxine (generic Effexor) and dropped by 37.5 every 4 weeks until I reached 112.5 and then felt my first symptoms which were really mild so I found this site and have been tapering 10% but from 112.5 - not 225 - and really compared to so many of you I'm doing well. Some depression with short crying spells, headaches I don't like and a tiny bit of nausea. That's about it. My psychiatrist told me last visit to drop 37.5mg, of course. So when I go see him next Friday I'm going to have to lie and tell him I just couldn't go below 112.5. I hate having to lie but I don't have any choice. Well occasionally I have days I worry can I do this so I'd love to hear an attagirl you can do this once in awhile. But my heart truly goes out to those of you who are suffering so much and I hope and pray I can keep going as I am but I've been told dropping beneath 75mg. gets harder. I am a bead counter since I'm on Venlafaxine XR. It's really not difficult. Well maybe someone would like to become my friend and I'll pray for you Cheeky and all.

Early 1980s 2 mg. vallium prn; Mid-1990s Paxil and 2mg. vallium prn; Somewhere in there Buspar

Early 2000s Sertaline 50 mg. and .25mg Xanax prn 

2008 Sertaline 50 mg but Xanax was increased to .5mg 6 times a day 

2015 Sertaline increased to 100mg. 2 mg. vallium prn and Wellburtrin (only on a few days)

April 2016 Venlafaxine XR 225mg with 50 mg. Zolft  and 10 mg. Vallium 3 times a day as needed

Fall 2017 Venlafaxine upped to 300 mg - 5 mg. Vallium 3 times a day prn; Jan. 2018 Venlafaxine 225mg w/Vallium

April 2018 weaned  to 187.50mg, 150mg, 112.5 mg at 4 to 5 week intervals vallium 3 times a day prn

July 2018 112.5 mg ; July 2018 started SA's 10% guideline w/ 2.5 vallium prn; lost notes  dropped to 89 mg by 10/22; 89 mg 10/29; 10/6 86 mg, 10/13 83 mg; 10/20 - 11/2 updosed to 89mg; 11/3 86 mg; 11/17 80 mg. 11/24 77mg - 12/20 80mg 1/ 20 77 mg venlafaxine; 2/19 75 mg Ven  still taking vallium 2.5 mg morning, after and evening

Simvastatin 40mg. daily with supplements: Magnesium, Omega Fatty Oils, Vitamin D3, Turmeric, Magnesium, 25 mg. to 50 mg. diphendramine for sleep

16 hours ago, Songbird said:

There are quite a few of us turtles here who need to do very small drops.  At one point in my paroxetine taper I was doing just 0.05mg drops and my system still felt them!  After many many years of tapering I still haven't got off ADs, which is very frustrating, but I console myself with the fact that when I'm tapering my dose is going down.  You've got a long way down from 40mg, looks like you're getting close to 30mg.  Even when still on the drugs, I believe getting the dose lower makes a positive difference.

If I knew it was going to be better I would feel at least couraged. I felt great 6 weeks ago and I knew in my head that it might be too good to be true. 

I suppose I just have to ride this out.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

11 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

I wholeheartedly echo what Songbird said. There will be improvements as you go down. Another words, your current state will not be your state the entire time of tapering. Hang in there. We are all here for you.

Thanks Skyblue,

The weird thing is is comes in rushes, like a outburst of aniexty, tingling in arms, ears popping, pain, fear, bowl problems, head pressure and then normal. my CNS is playing games with me. I don't now what I would do without all of you.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

8 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

thanks Brass

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

7 hours ago, WantoffVen said:

I would love to become part of this supportive group. My story seems so good in many ways compared to so many of you. I have been on ADs for probably 25 to 30 years now but I never went on and off all the time. I know I was on Paxil, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Zoloft and now Effexor. When I changed ADs I never had problems. I am also on Diazepam about 7.5mg a day. Well in April I started weaning off 225 mg of Venlafaxine (generic Effexor) and dropped by 37.5 every 4 weeks until I reached 112.5 and then felt my first symptoms which were really mild so I found this site and have been tapering 10% but from 112.5 - not 225 - and really compared to so many of you I'm doing well. Some depression with short crying spells, headaches I don't like and a tiny bit of nausea. That's about it. My psychiatrist told me last visit to drop 37.5mg, of course. So when I go see him next Friday I'm going to have to lie and tell him I just couldn't go below 112.5. I hate having to lie but I don't have any choice. Well occasionally I have days I worry can I do this so I'd love to hear an attagirl you can do this once in awhile. But my heart truly goes out to those of you who are suffering so much and I hope and pray I can keep going as I am but I've been told dropping beneath 75mg. gets harder. I am a bead counter since I'm on Venlafaxine XR. It's really not difficult. Well maybe someone would like to become my friend and I'll pray for you Cheeky and all.

wow wantoffven,

your very lucky that everything is going good for you. Im happy to be there for support when you need it.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Can someone advise me of a place I can get a 10ml Syringe. I buy a plastic one with black writing on it but it doesn't last long as the writing comes off it and its  $8 to buy. I would be happy to get a good quality one and pay more for it.

Also if I could;ld get some recommendations from @Songbird @brassmonkey @Altostrata what would be the best advice for me going further in this tapper. When I have a plan I feel much better . 

Once I get down to 30mg of Paxil , which is 1 1/2 tablets, I thought I would try coming off the seraquel , as I have only been on it for around 5 years and I hate feeling tired all the time with no motivation.

I would really appreciate your input if you could read through my thread and advise me, then I have a plan in place, even though nothing in this goes to plan.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Administrator

Hi, Cheeky. You can save the markings by putting clear plastic tape over them.

Many pharmacies and veterenarians have oral syringes.

If you're using a 10mL oral syringe for measuring water, you might want to get a graduated cylinder instead. You can get one for only a few dollars from Ebay, or from a scientific supply store.

For tapering, you may wish to get a smaller syringe, depending on the way you're measuring your dose.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks for acknowledging me, Cheeky. I'm just scared sometimes. Does your doctor know how slow you are going? I wish I could be honest with my psychiatrist but since he told me flat out he didn't think I could wean off and he wants 37.5mg drop every 4 weeks I will just lie. Oh well, have to do what I have to do.

Early 1980s 2 mg. vallium prn; Mid-1990s Paxil and 2mg. vallium prn; Somewhere in there Buspar

Early 2000s Sertaline 50 mg. and .25mg Xanax prn 

2008 Sertaline 50 mg but Xanax was increased to .5mg 6 times a day 

2015 Sertaline increased to 100mg. 2 mg. vallium prn and Wellburtrin (only on a few days)

April 2016 Venlafaxine XR 225mg with 50 mg. Zolft  and 10 mg. Vallium 3 times a day as needed

Fall 2017 Venlafaxine upped to 300 mg - 5 mg. Vallium 3 times a day prn; Jan. 2018 Venlafaxine 225mg w/Vallium

April 2018 weaned  to 187.50mg, 150mg, 112.5 mg at 4 to 5 week intervals vallium 3 times a day prn

July 2018 112.5 mg ; July 2018 started SA's 10% guideline w/ 2.5 vallium prn; lost notes  dropped to 89 mg by 10/22; 89 mg 10/29; 10/6 86 mg, 10/13 83 mg; 10/20 - 11/2 updosed to 89mg; 11/3 86 mg; 11/17 80 mg. 11/24 77mg - 12/20 80mg 1/ 20 77 mg venlafaxine; 2/19 75 mg Ven  still taking vallium 2.5 mg morning, after and evening

Simvastatin 40mg. daily with supplements: Magnesium, Omega Fatty Oils, Vitamin D3, Turmeric, Magnesium, 25 mg. to 50 mg. diphendramine for sleep

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hi, Cheeky. You can save the markings by putting clear plastic tape over them.

Many pharmacies and veterenarians have oral syringes.

If you're using a 10mL oral syringe for measuring water, you might want to get a graduated cylinder instead. You can get one for only a few dollars from Ebay, or from a scientific supply store.

For tapering, you may wish to get a smaller syringe, depending on the way you're measuring your dose.

Thanks @Altostrata and what do you think my next step in tapering should be? Should I wait till I get 30mg then start the seraquel taper ?

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Cheeky said:

and what do you think my next step in tapering should be? Should I wait till I get 30mg then start the seraquel taper ?

You might want to do that, to keep it simple.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

13 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You might want to do that, to keep it simple.

Since you have seen many cases , is that what you would do. 

I really appreciate your input.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

2 hours ago, WantoffVen said:

Thanks for acknowledging me, Cheeky. I'm just scared sometimes. Does your doctor know how slow you are going? I wish I could be honest with my psychiatrist but since he told me flat out he didn't think I could wean off and he wants 37.5mg drop every 4 weeks I will just lie. Oh well, have to do what I have to do.

Yes, I’ve given up on telling my doctor anything, it’s just way to disappointing when they don’t get it. Unfortunately we are on our own in this.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg