Cheeky: on Paxil for 23 years needing advice

Cheeky

9 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

@Cheeky would you please update your signature to show the month for reaching your current dose of Seroquel, it would be really helpful.

I see no problem with holding the Seroquel and tapering the Paxil for a while. Depending on how long you've been holding you may want to hold a bit longer to get good and stable before doing it. If you are feeling better ATM why not enjoy it for a few weeks before changing things up again.

I really would recommend a Brassmonkey Slide when you do start to taper the Paxil. We want to keep things as gentle as possible.

Hi @brassmonkey

I have updated my signature, hope that helps. 

• 1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg 2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg of Seroquel

• Through the years made many mistakes tapering

• Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 7.5% per month Paxil 9% Seroquel doing daily micro-taper 

• Guided by Mark Horowitz

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Okay update,

gone backwards today could be because I have my monthlies and that’s made me emotional and more anxious. I’m still better then 4 weeks ago so that is positive . 

• 1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg 2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg of Seroquel

• Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 7.5% per month Paxil 9% Seroquel doing daily micro-taper 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Really needing some advice. 
I really don’t understand what’s happening to me. It’s been a slow decline since my last drop in January and I know I haven’t done things to help it. But it’s been  nearly 5 weeks of good day bad day sometimes hour to hour and I haven’t been through it this extreme since I had my crash in 2015. I’m not sure if I should increase my dose to the last mg I was on, as I felt  great then. Has these drugs starting to have an adverse reaction to me or is this normal . I know I’m extremely anxious today and all bad thoughts are going through my head. Can you have withdrawals when you’ve hit tolerance. Does one every get stable. ? I feel like how the hell can I get off these drugs when I’m so far from reaching the end. I’m doomed in so many ways, feels like I’m losing hope.  @brassmonkey @Gridley @DataGuy @Rusty1

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hi @Cheeky,

Is there anything you can think that would have triggered it? Are you taking any other meds? Being exposed to any other drugs or toxins? Stressful life events? The pandemic is not making things easy for anyone, I don't think, especially people in withdrawal who have enough difficulty with regular functioning, getting out and seeing people etc. but it is always good to rule out other factors, if just for peace of mind. 

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Olanzapine - 2014- late 2017

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

17 minutes ago, DataGuy said:

Hi @Cheeky,

Is there anything you can think that would have triggered it? Are you taking any other meds? Being exposed to any other drugs or toxins? Stressful life events? The pandemic is not making things easy for anyone, I don't think, especially people in withdrawal who have enough difficulty with regular functioning, getting out and seeing people etc. but it is always good to rule out other factors, if just for peace of mind. 

I think the last drop really threw me,I  Felt I became a little manic, I had extra energy and started getting into things excessively , my nephew died and that threw me off, I moved my business and had to do a whole new shop fitout, a lot of stress from that and toke cocaine on a few occasions, just to feel good. Basically I just spiralled down . 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Mentor

@Cheeky  So sorry you are suffering again. 😞 Sounds like you are starting to chase your tail.  I really hate it when you get so over whelmed with pain that you lose any sense of rationality.

6 hours ago, Cheeky said:

nearly 5 weeks of good day bad day sometimes hour to hour

I would think that since you have had some good days mixed in that it is just your brain healing.  

Really I don't have a clue. 🥵 I still am waiting for more than 1 good day in the mists of weeks of struggling.   Remember to look back at your calendar and see that you have felt pretty good at times.    

extremely anxious today and all bad thoughts are going through my head.

Feeling that panic, anxiety and then the ruminating thoughts are enough to drive you over the edge.  I have it just about every morning.

I know you have the strength to go through it.  Try and bring yourself back to the one day at a time.  I  made it through yesterday, I can make it through today and I will let tomorrow take care of tomorrow.♥️

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

1 minute ago, Greatful said:

@Cheeky  So sorry you are suffering again. 😞 Sounds like you are starting to chase your tail.  I really hate it when you get so over whelmed with pain that you lose any sense of rationality.

I would think that since you have had some good days mixed in that it is just your brain healing.  

Really I don't have a clue. 🥵 I still am waiting for more than 1 good day in the mists of weeks of struggling.   Remember to look back at your calendar and see that you have felt pretty good at times.    

Feeling that panic, anxiety and then the ruminating thoughts are enough to drive you over the edge.  I have it just about every morning.

I know you have the strength to go through it.  Try and bring yourself back to the one day at a time.  I  made it through yesterday, I can make it through today and I will let tomorrow take care of tomorrow.♥️

I just really hate this, my poor husband today, I rarely ever cry to him as I’m always the strong and the doer but I just felt so vulnerable today and broke down on him. I know I’ve had good days but to have a day like this just puts you ten steps back. 
I’m going to go to sleep now and hopefully will wake up to s better day. 
Thankyou as always 💛

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Thank you for the updated signature, it really helps. Even though there were some nice long holds thrown in the reductions that you indicate have been much to large and is several cases very close together. Your body just can't keep up with this and has thrown you into Withdrawal Syndrome. Don't Panic it's not all bad, but the symptoms can last for a pretty long time until they stabilize and resolve.

You might try a small updose to see if it will help calm the symptoms. I'm not talking much, only about 1mg at most. Going back up to 16mg and holding there should help to calm things down. I know that it seems like you'd be going backward, but better that then having to live with what is going on now.

Be sure to thank DH for being so understanding. Watching someone he loves go through this is very stressful and can make him feel quite helpless. But it sounds like he is quite concerned and wants to do what he can.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Administrator

I think the last drop really threw me,I  Felt I became a little manic, I had extra energy and started getting into things excessively , my nephew died and that threw me off, I moved my business and had to do a whole new shop fitout, a lot of stress from that and toke cocaine on a few occasions, just to feel good. Basically I just spiralled down . 

This was the last decrease of what drug?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

53 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Thank you for the updated signature, it really helps. Even though there were some nice long holds thrown in the reductions that you indicate have been much to large and is several cases very close together. Your body just can't keep up with this and has thrown you into Withdrawal Syndrome. Don't Panic it's not all bad, but the symptoms can last for a pretty long time until they stabilize and resolve.

I agree with Brass, you decreased the Seroquel by around 20% last time. That is clearly a bit too much.

7 hours ago, Cheeky said:

I think you answered your own question here. Too large of a cut + stressful life events will get you every time. The cocaine likely didn't help, either. Cocaine does the exact opposite of what Quetiapine does, so it would likely amplify the effects of the withdrawal. I would follow Brass' advice, but also try to stay clear of the cocaine + any other drugs. Drugs are just generally not great for you, as most people on this site have found out the hard way. Hope the updose helps : )

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Olanzapine - 2014- late 2017

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

1 hour ago, DataGuy said:

I agree with Brass, you decreased the Seroquel by around 20% last time. That is clearly a bit too much.

I think you answered your own question here. Too large of a cut + stressful life events will get you every time. The cocaine likely didn't help, either. Cocaine does the exact opposite of what Quetiapine does, so it would likely amplify the effects of the withdrawal. I would follow Brass' advice, but also try to stay clear of the cocaine + any other drugs. Drugs are just generally not great for you, as most people on this site have found out the hard way. Hope the updose helps : )

I know and have learnt to hard way. 
Thankyou again for helping me.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

This was the last decrease of what drug?

It’s was from the Seroquel.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Mentor

@Good morning @Cheeky .  How are you feeling today?

You really did have a lot happening in a short period of time.  We tend to forget how stress in life can really affect us.  Even the one that feel like everyday life.  What do you think you will do?  

I think you did pretty well, handling all that while in W/D😊

8 hours ago, Cheeky said:

my poor husband today, I rarely ever cry to him as I’m always the strong and the doer but I just felt so vulnerable today and broke down on him.

You really need to let yourself lean on him more.  Holding everything in a trying to protect him and  pretending you can do everything  is not helping you.  Take some of the stress load off of yourself.  Let him know how you are feeling and what you need from him.  Being vulnerable is not a bad thing.  It is a part of you.  Sometimes you just need to go to him and say I am hurting and I need a hug.  Have a good cry😰

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

1 hour ago, Greatful said:

@Good morning @Cheeky .  How are you feeling today?

It’s morning here so just got out of bed. Obviously the morning aniexty so I will see how I go. 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

think you did pretty well, handling all that while in W/D😊

Yeah I’m okay , just everyday is different and the bad days are difficult. I haven’t gone to work since this started as Sydney is in look down, so that worked out great for me and we have another month in lockdown.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Being vulnerable is not a bad thing.  It is a part of you.  Sometimes you just need to go to him and say I am hurting and I need a hug.  Have a good cry😰

Yeah I’m just not used to feeling like this , I have reverted back to being a baby again .

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Mentor

@Cheeky

1 minute ago, Cheeky said:

, just everyday is different and the bad days are difficult.

I couldn't have said it better.  clomp, clomp, clomp........skip. clomp, clomp, clomp

You guys have been in lock down for a month?  Silver lining for you in W/D

Did you get sleep last night?

What do you think you will do?  

I just don’t know , I really don’t won’t to go back up as I think I’m not disabled so I should just tuff it out. I have another month off work so that’s a good thing. I’m 50/50 split on what to do. I think I will see how the next few days go .

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Just now, Greatful said:

couldn't have said it better.  clomp, clomp, clomp........skip. clomp, clomp, clomp

😂😂😂😂😂😂 you make me laugh 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Mentor

@Cheeky  Shame on you.  Vulnerability is a strength.  I have to work on this too, it really is a connection to other people.  Emotions are healthy.  You will actually feel stronger when you are open to vulnerability.  You can be you!!!!!!!!!!!! 

11 hours ago, DataGuy said:

Hi @Cheeky,

Yeah I know I just push myself a lot and it has been extremely stressful the last 5 months . I just think I have to handle everybody else’s stress for them . 
Thankyou for your support and guidance and I hope your doing okay in this journey.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Mentor

@Cheeky  I don't know what I would do.  When I was in that big mess and my cns was on over drive I felt like I didn't have a choice.   You have on it will depend on how much pain it causes you and how much you want to endure.

1 minute ago, Greatful said:

@Cheeky  Shame on you.  Vulnerability is a strength.  I have to work on this too, it really is a connection to other people.  Emotions are healthy.  You will actually feel stronger when you are open to vulnerability.  You can be you!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I never looked at  it like that, I’m always so worried about what people are saying about me and that I’m not the perfect wife mother and business owner.

I feel I live two lives, deep down I’m an insecure  scaredy Cat that is sensitive to the world and then I’m what people think I am. 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

2 minutes ago, Greatful said:

@Cheeky  I don't know what I would do.  When I was in that big mess and my cns was on over drive I felt like I didn't have a choice.   You have on it will depend on how much pain it causes you and how much you want to endure.

If only I know how long it will last . 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

1 minute ago, Cheeky said:

I feel I live two lives, deep down I’m an insecure  scaredy Cat that is sensitive to the world and then I’m what people think I am. 

Neither of those two is the real You.

Your now on a journey to discover the truth or Yourself.

The truth the world both lied and tried to hide from You.

The real You is at the end of the path, waiting.

Take Heart.

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

4 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

You might try a small updose to see if it will help calm the symptoms. I'm not talking much, only about 1mg at most. Going back up to 16mg and holding there should help to calm things down. I know that it seems like you'd be going backward, but better that then having to live with what is going on now.

Be sure to thank DH for being so understanding. Watching someone he loves go through this is very stressful and can make him feel quite helpless. But it sounds like he is quite concerned and wants to do what he can.

I have a another month off work due to lockdown and I really don’t want to go back up, I’m going to play it by week . 
Thankyou again 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

1 minute ago, Colonial said:

Neither of those two is the real You.

Your now on a journey to discover the truth or Yourself.

The truth the world both lied and tried to hide from You.

The real You is at the end of the path, waiting.

Take Heart.

I love that 💛

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Mentor

@Cheeky   Did you know you are thinking with cognitive distortions.  First of all you are mind reading,  you really don't know what they are thinking and then you are putting your negative insecure  thoughts to be their thoughts.

I have the book/books for you. ' Feeling Good  the mood therapy'   by David Burns He teaches you about how to undo cognitive distortions how to recognize them. 

I recently bought his other book   "When panic  attacks'   He is very supportive of healing depression and anxiety drug free.  He even talks about about how there is no evidence with the Chemical imbalance theory, and  how we label our moods so much. 

• Mentor

@Cheeky

9 minutes ago, Cheeky said:

When I was in that big mess and my cns was on over drive I felt like I didn't have a choice.

You know I meant I didn't have a choice.  I couldn't change anything and I had to wait it out.   I was  counting on this site to know what to do.  My gut told me to stop.  Now I will have to see where this will lead me.  I am hoping that I will get off everything.  But it sure took about 4 months to see some real light.  I would hang onto the slightest sliver of opening.  It was not by my strength that I kept going, I did a lot of praying and praying.  God carried me this far.

38 minutes ago, Greatful said:

@Cheeky   Did you know you are thinking with cognitive distortions.  First of all you are mind reading,  you really don't know what they are thinking and then you are putting your negative insecure  thoughts to be their thoughts.

I have the book/books for you. ' Feeling Good  the mood therapy'   by David Burns He teaches you about how to undo cognitive distortions how to recognize them. 

I recently bought his other book   "When panic  attacks'   He is very supportive of healing depression and anxiety drug free.  He even talks about about how there is no evidence with the Chemical imbalance theory, and  how we label our moods so much. 

I might download that book today, I need something to read . 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

29 minutes ago, Greatful said:

@Cheeky

You know I meant I didn't have a choice.  I couldn't change anything and I had to wait it out.   I was  counting on this site to know what to do.  My gut told me to stop.  Now I will have to see where this will lead me.  I am hoping that I will get off everything.  But it sure took about 4 months to see some real light.  I would hang onto the slightest sliver of opening.  It was not by my strength that I kept going, I did a lot of praying and praying.  God carried me this far.

That’s why I think I should wait it out too, that’s my gut feeling and just be kind to myself. 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Okay so update. 
today I woke up with a low mood and a little anxious , just worried about what the day will bring . I felt okay during the day just felt foggy in my head and tired most of the day . Around 6pm I had a shower and had some lollies and was talking to a friend in the phone and I started to perspire and get very shaky, my hands started to shakes a lot and I felt like I was having hot flushes it was quit intense so I laid down and felt a little worried. I still don’t have much of an appetite and have lost a far bit of weight . My husbands concerned I’m  not eating and thinks if I do I will fell better . I’m really thinking I should updose as this is not looking good . I just don’t want to go backwards. Are these symptoms normal of withdrawals @brassmonkey

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

My two cents is to updose.  It would not be going backwards.  All that matters is that you reduce without getting sick.  The numbers don’t matter.  Spending a couple more months on S doesn’t matter.  In fact, you might shorten the hold time if the updose works.  There’s no reason to suffer through this. It can take a toll on a marriage.  Do it for your husband, perhaps?  

Really, if brassmonkey gives advice, it’s usually pretty sound advice.  No one can be sure the updose will work, but I don’t think one mg more is going to significantly lengthen your taper period.  We do know that a one mg updose can make a difference if the reduction was too large.  I think you are having a hard time thinking logically, which is not surprising.  Babies, bath water, you know.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

3 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

My two cents is to updose.  It would not be going backwards.  All that matters is that you reduce without getting sick.  The numbers don’t matter.  Spending a couple more months on S doesn’t matter.  In fact, you might shorten the hold time if the updose works.  There’s no reason to suffer through this. It can take a toll on a marriage.  Do it for your husband, perhaps?  

Really, if brassmonkey gives advice, it’s usually pretty sound advice.  No one can be sure the updose will work, but I don’t think one mg more is going to significantly lengthen your taper period.  We do know that a one mg updose can make a difference if the reduction was too large.  I think you are having a hard time thinking logically, which is not surprising.  Babies, bath water, you know.

Yes I’m going to go up 1 mg and see how that goes. If it was to work how long does it normally take? I’m just confused as I know in previous cuts ,  I usually ferel 100% normal , I am getting windows though. I think I can’t think properly at the moment because when I’m in a wave I want off these drugs ASAP. 1mg isn’t that big of a deal .

Thankyou @Roseta your words mean a lot for me

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

My personal experience is that it takes between 4 and 7 days to feel some relief after an updose. But it differs for everyone. 

7 months of prescribed polypharmacy in 2015-2016, including several classes of psych meds.

1st attempt at taper was too fast. 2nd attempt is underway.

1 Mar 2018: 37.5 mg paroxetine, 150 mg lamotrigine, 300 mg quetiapine

1 Oct 2020: 30 mg paroxetine, 150 mg lamotrigine, 37.5 mg quetiapine

15 May 2022: 25 mg paroxetine, 150 mg lamotrigine, 0 mg quetiapine

11 Jan 2024: 20 mg paroxetine, 118.75 mg lamotrigine 

Supplements: Iron, Vit D magnesium glycinate, omega 3

I am not a medical professional. All my posts are my opinions only, based on my experiences.

• Mentor

@CheekyI am sorry you are having such a rough day. 

This whole W/D process is so overwhelming.  It makes me so angry watching all of us suffer because of these drugs.

The doctors should be required in the training to take a psych drug for 2 month, so they can feel the start up side effects than stop after 2 months and we will see if their attitude changes.😡

Maybe they won't hand them out for any and everything.  Here do you want some candy