Tilly - Escitalopram / Lexapro Tapering - advice please

Tilly

• Mentor

I just read your whole thread, hope you are doing OK, and sorry for intruding as you are going thru your own hard time....... you have such a lovely way of writing, and yes, I managed to shower today!  I wish you every success with your letters of complaint, that is a hard thing to do, well done.  It is like some doctors like to have that control, I have felt it before, and they have made me feel like they are just a drug dealer.  I hate that feeling of powerlessness. (One even said to me after 12 hours of a panic attack at home  ... quote  "just goes to show how sick you are"".....     Thing is I never was "sick"before these poisons.  Anyway..........  You have inspired me, to keep fighting, the corrupt system, and to stay alive, and get well.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tilly

• freespirit

• AliG

• LexAnger

Top Posters In This Topic

If 3.5 does not work as hoped, you can gradually increase a bit more until you find the right dose.

I agree, going to 3.5 might be a good idea.  Does this mean you managed to sort out getting more escitalopram reliably?

Hi Songbird,

Thank you for your feedback. I agree. I think that this is a good way to get my taper back on track. I envisage a hold of anything up to 6 months on this dose and then micro tapering due to the impact of difficulties of accessing a prescription to date on my withdrawal.

I have secured an interim supply of escitalopram from a very kind friend. I do not recommend this route, but given that my health was at risk, I believe that It was the right thing to do.

I have an advocate liaising with my GP this week re: my letter of complaint and ongoing issues with accessing a prescription. I have requested ongoing prescriptions via my current surgery or a handover to another surgery and request for home visit due to the nature of my current disability (agoraphobia covered by UK disability law) which is being further impacted by symptoms of withdrawal.

I wish I never had to see another GP again. But as I do require medication until I complete my taper, I will assert my legal rights to access primary health care services until I receive them. 

I wish you continued progress, Songbird.

Take good care.

Tilly x

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

Hello Tilly, I have not read your whole thread, just signing in to ask how you are.  You said that restarting citalopram was unbearable, but you stuck with it... Can you describe the unbearable, and perhaps give a time frame as to when things improved?  I am on day 12 of reinstating zoloft, and it is making me worse, but last three days not suicidal, so hopefully it will work.   It seems a toss up, without the zoloft I ruminate, and just feel awful blaming myself for everything, that has gone, and if the horribleness of starting up zoloft again, has gone, i will be very,k very grateful.

I wish you well, and hope you are having a good day.  I also dream of going to fitness classes again one day, and even the hope I can go food shopping and stuff like that again.

ang

Hi Ang,

I had a good sleep last night, so feel a lot better for that, thank you.

To answer your question, I was never able to reinstate Citalopram. It would seem that once I come off a drug, I become too sensitized to reinstate it again. I was off citalopram for approximately 7 months, during which time I experienced protracted withdrawal which led me to try to reinstate.

The symptoms that I experienced are very difficult to describe, but I'll do my best. I was extremely agitated and could not get to a sense of peace within myself. I had intrusive thoughts. Not suicidal, but constantly felt out of control of my body and an ongoing sense of impending doom. I was sensitive to any bodily reactions like palpitations and temperature changes and a lot of health anxieties surrounding this which I had not experienced before.

I was unable to self soothe and could not be left alone. I alternated between racing thoughts and pressured fast speech and very slow thinking and lethargic speech. I was gurning and clenching my jaw a lot and yawning at regular intervals. I lost my appetite completely, could not eat and had the recurrent urge to vomit (sorry!) I had to use distraction methods constantly to cope. I was scared to fall asleep. Scared of everything, basically. Physically, I looked different in my eyes and facially. I looked like I was on something. I was prescribed 20mg, but only took 10mg daily and lasted less than a week. 

After this experience I was scared to take medication. It took me several weeks before I got up the courage to start escitalopram.

I hesitate to post this as it is pretty negative, but you may be able to identify with some of the symptoms to help you make decisions about your current situation.

I hope that things improve for you, Ang.

Take good care.

Hugs to you.

Tilly x

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

GOOD LUCK with getting back on track...Get your dose as suggested by others and you will stabilise soon, I know...

- 12.03.2021- doxepin- 50mg

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

- 30.09.2020- doxepin- 125mg

- May 2020, omeprazole 40mg switched to esomeprazole 20mg

- 2012 re-started Doxepin 75mg, evening. Increased to 150mg

- 2012, Atenolol 25mg, twice a day

- 2016, Low dose of HRT in evening, Sandrena and Utrogestan 

- Long term of Nasal spray Otrivine

- 2012, PPI Omeprazole 40mg-evening

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

Hi Freespirit! (Great name!)

So lovely to 'meet you'. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and post. I really appreciate it.

I totally agree with your comments. My connection to nature is what grounds me and brings me so much joy. I saw 12 newborn ducklings today less than 10ft away. They were so beautiful and life affirming.

I hope that you are doing well?

Hugs,

Tilly x 

Nature is one of the most healing things for me too. I've tried to get out every day through the winter too, even on the rainiest ones. It helps remind me I'm not alone and shows me the cycles of everything. It makes a larger container for holding what is difficult.

I'm riding waves of more difficult physical stuff at the moment..but my mood is good, which makes the whole process easier for me. Also, I'm getting more confident in knowing that none of it lasts..and doing better at making friends with what is happening, rather than fighting against it.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

{can anybody help me to fix answering to messages, I cannot use "quote" anymore}

Contact with nature has always been my best strategy. It sounds that you live in a quite nice area...

I saw six ducklings on Saturday, I went for ten minutes (exactly, only ten minutes) bike ride. I am very close to the park, but there is a construction site, and I cannot stand the noise.

In London I used to go to the Richmond Park and to Kew Gardens...Really miss it.

Tilly, have you figured out your dose yet?

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

I just read your whole thread, hope you are doing OK, and sorry for intruding as you are going thru your own hard time....... you have such a lovely way of writing, and yes, I managed to shower today!  I wish you every success with your letters of complaint, that is a hard thing to do, well done.  It is like some doctors like to have that control, I have felt it before, and they have made me feel like they are just a drug dealer.  I hate that feeling of powerlessness. (One even said to me after 12 hours of a panic attack at home  ... quote  "just goes to show how sick you are"".....     Thing is I never was "sick"before these poisons.  Anyway..........  You have inspired me, to keep fighting, the corrupt system, and to stay alive, and get well.

Hi Ang,

You were not intruding at all! Don't ever feel the need to apologise for seeking advice or support. We are all here to support & help each other in whatever way we can. I am more than happy to do so.

I am asserting my rights now after years of being sexually, emotionally, physically and financially abused by family members, drugged and raped by an ex partner and years of working caring for others (which I loved - but hated the red tape, so left) but ignoring my own needs in the process. My power has been taken from me by those I trusted at such regular intervals throughout my life.

I have worth. As crumbling and fragile as I currently am, I now recognise my worth and will fight for my basic rights to be met. Not just out of anger for a system that hurt me, which it undoubtedly did. I have that anger, but harness it better recently. Most important is my need to heal out of a sense of empowerment to stand up for myself as a sentient being with a right to the care that is due to me. I will no longer relinquish the power that I hold. It will stay in my hands, no matter how shaky they are. And boy, they are shaky right now, but still, they are strong.

You are not powerless, Ang. To have endured what you have, you are amongst the strongest women I know. I am so proud of you! You have the power to be well again. The journey is a struggle, but you have the power to beat that struggle. I believe in you and I am here for you whenever you need me.

Never give up the fight for your health. It is way too precious.

Huge hugs to you.

Tilly x

GOOD LUCK with getting back on track...Get your dose as suggested by others and you will stabilise soon, I know...

Thank you, Ikam, for all of your support. I hold it close to my heart.

I am here for you and wish you the best of everything.

Tilly x

Hi Freespirit! (Great name!)

So lovely to 'meet you'. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and post. I really appreciate it.

I totally agree with your comments. My connection to nature is what grounds me and brings me so much joy. I saw 12 newborn ducklings today less than 10ft away. They were so beautiful and life affirming.

I hope that you are doing well?

Hugs,

Tilly x 

Nature is one of the most healing things for me too. I've tried to get out every day through the winter too, even on the rainiest ones. It helps remind me I'm not alone and shows me the cycles of everything. It makes a larger container for holding what is difficult.

I'm riding waves of more difficult physical stuff at the moment..but my mood is good, which makes the whole process easier for me. Also, I'm getting more confident in knowing that none of it lasts..and doing better at making friends with what is happening, rather than fighting against it.

Hi Freespirit,

Nature is beautiful and I am very close and attuned to the cycles of nature since living on a boat. Nature is very healing to me. As I type, the birds are singing  :)

I stopped by your thread. I am so sorry for your loss. Much love and healing to you. I am also inspired by your attitude to life. You have such courage, strength and support here to see you through.

I wish you the best of everything and will follow your progress with interest, cheering you on.

Hugs to you,

Tilly x

{can anybody help me to fix answering to messages, I cannot use "quote" anymore}

Contact with nature has always been my best strategy. It sounds that you live in a quite nice area...

I saw six ducklings on Saturday, I went for ten minutes (exactly, only ten minutes) bike ride. I am very close to the park, but there is a construction site, and I cannot stand the noise.

In London I used to go to the Richmond Park and to Kew Gardens...Really miss it.

Hi Ikam,

I live with and for the birds who inhabit my area. Some of the human inhabitants here are pretty miserable - same as where you live. But the birds sing and wake me in the morning with such beautiful song. So I feed the birds and ignore the miserable humans  ^_^

When I am stable, come here to visit for a long weekend / week? Feed the ducklings, ducks and our adopted swans and cygnets. We can cycle around local farms and eat out at beautiful restaurants very nearby. That would be so lovely!

I am waiting for delivery of my pill crusher and syringes (hopefully today) and starting on  3.5mg. I plan to hold for 6 months minimum due to my GP messing up my taper so badly. Then I will taper by 5% at most as I am very sensitised to this poison.

I wish you a peaceful day, my love.

Tilly x

Not sure if I have answered all posts. If I have missed you, please let me know as (in Scouse terms) my head is a shed (I am not very functional). I will re read later to double check.

Hi Tilly,

Glad to 'hear' you! Hope you are doing ok.

I sent a note to your PM in case you didn't notice.

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Update

Yesterday I woke to the singing and chirruping of Mamma duck and her ducklings. It made me smile. I had slept well, so I thought that my day had set off on the right track. 

It soon disintegrated with the passing of a few hours.

I was wearing a jacket by noon. Not the technicolour jacket worn by Joseph. My jacket was embellished with my raw nerves. Positioned on the exterior. Every wisp of sound, movement and influx of light causing extreme agitation and distress. I could not escape over stimulation, negative feelings or internal shaking and distress. I tried my self soothing strategies to no avail. So I slept from 4pm to 1am.

I am hoping for a better day today.

Love and hope to all.

Tilly x

Hi Tilly,

Glad to 'hear' you! Hope you are doing ok.

I sent a note to your PM in case you didn't notice.

Lex

Hi Lex,

I had no alert to my inbox? As you know, I answer PMs asap. I just read and replied. Thank you so much.

Sending much love & healing. My candles are still burning for you x

Tilly x

Thanks Tilly!

Feel better!

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Thanks Tilly!

Feel better!

Lex

Thank you, Lex.

Hugs,

Tilly x

Hi Freespirit,

Nature is beautiful and I am very close and attuned to the cycles of nature since living on a boat. Nature is very healing to me. As I type, the birds are singing  :)

I stopped by your thread. I am so sorry for your loss. Much love and healing to you. I am also inspired by your attitude to life. You have such courage, strength and support here to see you through.

I wish you the best of everything and will follow your progress with interest, cheering you on.

Hugs to you,

Tilly x

Thanks for checking in on my thread too. I'm so glad that you're living close to nature in that way.

I hope that you're able to find a comfortable dose, and settle things down again. You're been through so much and deserve to find peace.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Hi Ikam,

I live with and for the birds who inhabit my area. Some of the human inhabitants here are pretty miserable - same as where you live. But the birds sing and wake me in the morning with such beautiful song. So I feed the birds and ignore the miserable humans  ^_^

When I am stable, come here to visit for a long weekend / week? Feed the ducklings, ducks and our adopted swans and cygnets. We can cycle around local farms and eat out at beautiful restaurants very nearby. That would be so lovely!

I am waiting for delivery of my pill crusher and syringes (hopefully today) and starting on  3.5mg. I plan to hold for 6 months minimum due to my GP messing up my taper so badly. Then I will taper by 5% at most as I am very sensitised to this poison.

Tilly x

Sounds GOOD, I will visit one day...

I have decided to hold for longer as well...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

You've been through a lot today, Tilly.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi Freespirit,

Hugs to you,

Tilly x

Thanks for checking in on my thread too. I'm so glad that you're living close to nature in that way.

I hope that you're able to find a comfortable dose, and settle things down again. You're been through so much and deserve to find peace.

Thank you so much, Freespirit.

I was watching the ducklings earlier. They are so beautiful. I am hoping to start 3.5mg tomorrow if my syringes arrive in the post. Fingers crossed things will pick up in the coming days.

You take good care.

Tilly x

Hi Ikam,

Tilly x

Sounds GOOD, I will visit one day...

I have decided to hold for longer as well...

Good! It would be so lovely to meet up  :)

I think longer holds are the way to go for us as we have both had bad reactions to SSRIs in the past and have quite a long history of antidepressent use which makes us more vulnerable in withdrawal. It makes sense to make the transition as smooth as possible. That way, we are in a better position to learn new coping skills along the way. We will get there, Ikam. Slowly but surely x

You've been through a lot today, Tilly.

Hi Ali, 

Nice of you to stop by. Thank you.

We all have our bad days. It will pass. I hope that you are bearing up? How are you doing?

Tilly x

Re: making your own liquid. Is it safe to store it in the fridge for up to 3 days? (I have bought amber glass bottles). Will the medication remain stable? Or do I need to make up my solution each day? I'd be really grateful for any feedback before I get started. Thank you in advance.

I've been through a lot also.  Like you, hanging in.  :unsure:

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

I've been through a lot also.  Like you, hanging in.  :unsure:

I just posted on your thread, Ali. I'm so sorry to hear you have been having such a tough time. These emotions can be so overwhelming can't they? Try to take some small comfort in knowing that they will pass. I hope that you get some relief very soon, Ali.

Thinking of you.

Tilly x

Thank you Tilly.  I saw that.  Yes, it's overwhelming.  We can only help each other, and try and get through this"hell".   I'm crying, as I say this.    I am so angry, tonight.    What can we do?  

Thank you Tilly.  I saw that.  Yes, it's overwhelming.  We can only help each other, and try and get through this"hell".   I'm crying, as I say this.    I am so angry, tonight.    What can we do?  

Aww, bless you. I'm sending you a huge hug Ali. I feel for you. I really do.

If you are able to distract yourself and your mind from these thoughts and feelings for a while, do that. It will bring some short term relief. Failing that, lie down and have a good cry and let some tension out and stay there and rest a while.

Sometimes all we can do is just be there for each other and support each other through while we ride out the storm. 

These feelings will pass. You are not alone Ali. You are in my thoughts.

Tilly x

• Administrator

Tilly, you can store the liquid for at least 3 days.

Please do taper by smaller amounts now that you're down to 3.5mg. If I were you, I'd make the next drop no more than .35mg -- just to be safe. You've been going pretty fast.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Tilly, you can store the liquid for at least 3 days.

Please do taper by smaller amounts now that you're down to 3.5mg. If I were you, I'd make the next drop no more than .35mg -- just to be safe. You've been going pretty fast.

Hi Alto,

Thank you so much. The ability to store for up to 3 days makes making and measuring my dose much easier.

I totally agree that my taper has been much too fast as a consequence of my GP thinking I am fine to stop at 5mg with 'no risk' and refusal to issue further prescriptions. The drops that I have made I have been an effort to stagger what medication I had left to keep something in my system in order to minimize harm. Past experience tells me that once I come off a medication, I am too sensitized to restart it, as with citalopram.

I'm planning to hold on 3.5mg for 5 months minimum as this is the time it took me to start to stabilise on 5mg. Then I plan to micro taper at a maximum of 5% reductions for as long as it takes.

Thank you for stopping by Alto. I appreciate it and hope that you are well.

Tilly x

• Mentor

I have worth. As crumbling and fragile as I currently am, I now recognise my worth and will fight for my basic rights to be met. Not just out of anger for a system that hurt me, which it undoubtedly did. I have that anger, but harness it better recently. Most important is my need to heal out of a sense of empowerment to stand up for myself as a sentient being with a right to the care that is due to me. I will no longer relinquish the power that I hold. It will stay in my hands, no matter how shaky they are. And boy, they are shaky right now, but still, they are strong.

Quote from you Tilly, that is such beautiful writing, thankyou!

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

• Mentor

Where do you live Tilly?  I was born in Dagenham, Old Church Hospital.......   moved to Australia as a child.  Last time I visited my brother in UK was about 20 years ago......

Quote from you Tilly, that is such beautiful writing, thankyou!

Thank you, Ang x

Where do you live Tilly?  I was born in Dagenham, Old Church Hospital.......   moved to Australia as a child.  Last time I visited my brother in UK was about 20 years ago......

I live in a small village in the East Midlands, Ang, but I was born in Liverpool and still have my Scouse accent  :) If you visit the UK again, be sure to let me know, it would be lovely to meet. Maybe when I am well enough, I will pop over to Australia to see you. It is a place that I haven't got around to on my travels yet, but it is on my list :)  

Update

I had a lovely, restful sleep last night. What a difference it makes to emotions, mood and motivation. Especially in withdrawal.

I woke to a lovely message from a friend on here and had some lovely chats with other friends I've made here. It is such a wonderful community and I am so glad to be here.

I watched the duckings from my pontoon and took some photographs and footage. They are both clumsy and graceful in equal measure and a real joy to watch. They grow so fast and are getting nice and plump. Their Mum watches over them protectively and takes wonderful care of them.

I really wanted to go on an overdue ride on my bike today as it was such a beautiful day, but tiredness hit me this afternoon. The will to go out was there, which is positive. When the energy accompanies my will, I will enjoy riding my bike along the canal side. I look forward to doing this. 

I started on 3.5mg today after securing medication, syringes & a pill crusher. My partner is my trusty pharmacist and mixed my liquid well, bless him. He is very supportive of my taper and such a blessing to me in so many ways. I feel that the liquid hits my system with more speed and impact than tablets do. I was a little discombobulated at times in terms of balance, concentration and focus, but feel very well in myself.

I planted some herbs and flowers this evening. I am now cuddling one of my cats and looking forward to another sunny spring day tomorrow  :)

Love & healing to all.

Tilly x

It great your able to experience enjoyment :)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Hi Tilly,

Soooo happy for you!

The wpvery well deserved window! Hope it continues for a long while!

Enjoy your beautiful writing! Can't imagine how much more graceful it could be if you have your 'own' brain! :)

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017