RockSie - delayed onset Citalopram withdrawal

RockSie

Hello, my name is Roxy, im 26 years old and from Germany. Sorry for my bad english! I hope someone can give me an answer?

After 3 years of taking antidepressants (Citalopram) and and two cold withdrawals, how long could it take to get an withdrawal syndrome? I think it takes 11 month during the last pill and the withdrawal Syndrome (at the first time) and 6 month at the second time! Is this long time possible? In the german forum they have no experience with my type of question!

Thank you very much for your help and i hope my words are comprehensible.

Best wishes

Roxy

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Roxy,

So you went cold turkey twice, the first time it took a year for withdrawal to kick in, the second time it took six months, is that correct?

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

And what withdrawal symptoms do you have?

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi Dalsaan, thank you so much for your answer. Yes you are right! 2 times cold turkey. At the first time it took 11-12 months and the second time 5-6 months. I never heard that it could take so long to get withdrawal syndrome! Thats why im asking!

My Symptoms are very variable. The heaviest are obsessive toughts about suicide or the sense of life, weird feelings (i can not discribe), Problems with my stomach and digestion, derealization, Tinnitus and so much more! I wondering, because i never had this symptoms befor taking the antidepressant. They are in 99 % different to my first diagnosis.

My doctor told me both times, that cant be a withdrawal Syndrome, because its to much time passed after taking the antidepressant and he gives me some new diagnosis and a new prescription for SSRI!

I forget: the symptoms coming in waves! The last wave takes 5 weeks in december. In the moment my condition is ok. Maybe 70 % of 100 % (if 100 is good)

• Moderator Emeritus

I think some people have seen withdrawal come up a long time after stopping, how long I'm not sure.  One of the other things I wonder about is whether you might be having symptoms you haven't associated with withdrawal.

here is a thread with withdrawal symptoms checklist (link in the first post), as you can see they are many and varied.   http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2390-dr-joseph-glenmullens-withdrawal-symptom-checklist/

Have you had any of these since stopping?   Any within that initial 12 or 6 month window you speak of?   Also, the symptoms you mention above, did they start at 12 or 6 months or get worse at that point

Dalsaan

In the moment my condition is ok. Maybe 70 % of 100 % (if 100 is good)

Then don't take the drugs your doctor has given you. Just say NO!

You do not want to go back down that road.

My goodness me i know of many who would be thankful for just a 50% ok state. I reckon things could be a lot lot worse for you. Not wanting to  belittle the place you are in now of course.

Symptoms are definitely delayed and i have heard of a case or 2 where they were delayed for 11 months. Lets not forget we have been messing with the serotonin in our body and do you know that 90% of it is in the gut so of course it will cause issues there. What you describe sounds like wdl to me.

Spend some time reading the great info here on wdl if you can i realize that it may be difficult though as it is not your language.

Gutan Tag or should that be Aut Veterzan!

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Mentor

My first WD syndrome hit after   12 months...    No one understood (neither did I).

This one hit after a taper over 4 months, and 4 months out... ... but this time I know what it is.... 

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Hello everyone. I try my best to translate your words. There are many symptoms at the checklist i know during the 11-12 month window since stopping. But just after this long window the symptoms get the highest level ever. After the first cold turkey i take the pills again and after a view weeks the symptoms are gone. After the second cold turkey (5-6 month since stopping) i tried to took the pills again, but there was no more effect, so I stopped the use after 2,5 months again (that was on 14 July 2014). Till this date I dont take antidepressants and the wdl come and go like a wave. The symptoms in every wave are different. 

thank you so much and I hope you understand my english.

Roxy

• Moderator Emeritus

If you had symptoms in the list after stopping your medication, that resolved when you started back the first time, it's pretty evident it is withdrawal. It's very common for symptoms to come in waves and change over time. It's also a common experience for people to have some success with reinstating medications to address withdrawal but have that strategy fail at some point.

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Roxy, it is quite common for people to come off antidepressants without too much trouble, only to get hit down the road with delayed withdrawal. Usually it kicks in between three to nine months, but I believe Dr. Shipko has referred to it happening up to a year later. 

Often it's set off by a stressful event that the person would ordinarily be able to cope with, but instead they get hit with an attack of withdrawal symptoms.

Usually people are told they are having a "relapse" and that they will need to take drugs the rest of their lives. That is how a lot of us ended up with ruined lives, here.

This is not something that the drug companies admit exists. Doctors mostly don't know about it either. But it's a pretty common pattern that I see here all the time.

If you can ride it out and avoid getting back on the drugs, that's your best bet.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Hi guys. Thank you very much for your statements! The problem is sometimes i doubt about the wdl. Then i try to analyze the whole time since taking antidepressants. I dont know why, but sometimes i'm so insecure about it. Maybe you know it as a symptom?

• Moderator Emeritus

My Symptoms are very variable. The heaviest are obsessive toughts about suicide or the sense of life, weird feelings (i can not discribe), Problems with my stomach and digestion, derealization, Tinnitus and so much more! I wondering, because i never had this symptoms befor taking the antidepressant. They are in 99 % different to my first diagnosis.

Hi Roxy,

This is how you can be sure that this is withdrawal, because the symptoms are different from what you had before starting the drugs.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hi guys. Thank you very much for your statements! The problem is sometimes i doubt about the wdl. Then i try to analyze the whole time since taking antidepressants. I dont know why, but sometimes i'm so insecure about it. Maybe you know it as a symptom?

Yes!  This is so common in withdrawal, to doubt yourself and keep wondering if something is caused by withdrawal or is the "real you."  If you didn't have something before you started the meds, but you have it after, you can be pretty sure it's from withdrawal.  Withdrawal also tends to magnify whatever issues you had before the drug. So if you went on a drug for anxiety, for example, you will not only have it in withdrawal (because the meds don't cure anything) but also it will probably be even worse.  I hope that makes sense.

Paxil 20mg 1994-2005
Tried to quit twice, finally did it on my 3rd attempt in 2005.

I went from 20mg to zero in about four months, believing at the time that it was a reasonable taper.  It wasn't.  I suffered mostly emotional symptoms: frequent episodes of "anxious depression" lasting for about 17 months before it got noticeably better.

• 5 months later...

Relapse after 11 months off citalopram?

Hi guys,

i need some help! Im off citalopram (ct) since july 2014. I take it for round about 7 years.

The first 4 month were so horrible.

After this time i got the typical windows and waves. I started to work and feel better!

Now, 11 month off, i feel like the beginning of wd! It feels like everything was for nothing!

Im so anxiously, that i have to do all this sh*t again!!! I can't handle it a second time.

Any experiences with it?

Thank you so much and i appologize for my bad english!

Rock

Edited by Petunia
topic moved from symptoms title added
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi RockSie,

I moved your post from the symptoms forum to your own introduction thread here. It sounds like you were starting to feel better, but now have a wave of symptoms?

Its not unusual to still be experiencing symptoms a year later after a CT. Can you think of anything you did recently which may have triggered a wave?

Did you recently take any other medication, have increased stress, a major life change or trauma?

It would be great if you would put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature. Doing this helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts. Here are instructions for how to do it:

http://survivinganti...your-signature/

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Administrator

Rocksie, have you taken any drugs such as antibiotics recently?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

hi guys, i dont took any medication or something. i really dont know what happend. im so sad an anxious what will happening in the next days. next week i have to work. im a freelancer.

do you have any ideas how long the waves will take after beeing 11 month off? 

hope you doing better......

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi RockSie ,   how are you going at the moment?    

I had a similar experience to you where around 11 months off things had become much worse - it absolutely happens , your doctor just doesn't know.

Have you been able to keep working or are you needing time off?

I hope things have started looking up ,   :blush:

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• 4 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey RockSie, how are you going?

Are your symptoms abating?  Waves and Windows?

Let us know how you are.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hi guys, sorry that I respond so late. The last month were crazy. In this moment I felt ok, in the other moment I felt horrible.
The strongest symptome at the moment is feeling obsessed. For example: I carry a crying baby on my arms (not my baby) and the yelling make me feel so overwhelmed and aggressive. There was no love inside me. 
Then I spend the whole day thinking about it. There are thoughts of beeing a monster and that it would be the best decision never having own children. 
My emotions are totaly messed up. Now I am 17 months off.

I hope you're doing ok.

• 2 months later...

Hi RockSie,

I understand your feelings. I'm also very sensitive to noises since withdrawal, and like you I have tinnitus : (

Sometimes when my cat is meowing too loudly it makes me angry, and after I feel bad....I wasn't that way before....

In a lot of situations I lose my temper. I don't recognize myself, it makes me sad.

I wish you courage !

- 2002 -> 2012 Paxil, 20 mg for anxiety

- January 2012 : 1 month withdrawal -> depression, burning sensations in my legs

- February 2012 : reinstate 20 mg -> back to normal

- January 2014 -> August 2015 : « alternate days » tapering from 20mg to 2,5 mg -> anxiety, back pain and trouble focusing

- 4 september 2015 -> panic attack, psychiatric hospital for 1 week, stop Paxil, get Clomipramine, Abilify, Domperidone for 2 weeks, then stop everything

- 20 september 2015 try to reinstate Paxil 20 mg -> permanent tinnitus with only one tablet

- Free from paxil since september 2015 ->suffering from permanent side effects : tinnitus, hyperacusis, neuropathic pain, prostatitis, depression, suicidal ideations, akathisia.

we call it delayed withdrawal you may have more success finding it if you look up that term here is one of the links about it

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5596-delayed-withdrawal-symptoms-how-common-or-uncommon/

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

• 5 months later...

** moved from standalone topic in Symptoms and self-care

Hello. I'm so scared. Since last Monday I have a big fat wave after 24 months off. I can't do anything. I just lay down and be scared as hell. I can't work and I have a feeling deep inside that tells me I will never can go back to work. It feels like the end. All day long I have to think about the what if. This existential fear is so big that I really don't know how to cope with it. Today I tried to work, because I felt a bit calmer. After one hour I was back home and I had a completely break down. It feels like absolute hell. I read a lot at benzobuddies and I really think that antidepressants are more dangerous and the course of the healing process are more difficult. Maybe you have 2 minutes to tell me your thoughts about my post. I really hope you all doing better. Best wishes.

Edited by scallywag
  • Moderator Emeritus

RockSie --  I've moved your post to the Introductions Forum so that more people will see your question.

I'm sorry that your neuro-emotion of fear is that strong. When the healing work your brain and CNS (central nervous system) are restoring and healing, sometimes the symptoms we get are AWFUL. :angry:  Just remember this is a symptom -- it's withdrawal "talking" not you, and it's absolutely not the truth.

If you want to understand a little more about the work your brain is doing:

How your brain responds to psychiatric drugs - Rhi's description of brain "remodeling"  

Have you read our topics on:

Neuro-emotions

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Dear scally, thanks for moving my post into my introduction and the links you sending me. I already read it. I woke up 20 minutes ago and now laying here in the dark room with fear to go up and start the day. I don't know why but if I have a wave like that I'm feeling better if I lay down on my back. If I move to much the symptoms become more intense. That sounds absolutely crazy but that is my experience.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I appreciate it so much.

Is it possible to change the superscription of my introduction? Maybe "delayed onset Citalopram withdrawal" makes more sense?! Thank you!