☼ Martina23: Lyrica

Martina23

Hm, cheap acoustic guitars can have their action set up really high, too, because the manufacturers think it improves the sound quality. However, this can make them nearly unplayable. Higher action = better tone yes, but not on cheap guitars IMO, and much harder to play, especially for beginners

1 year risperidone, 1 year olanzapine (10 mg). attempted first withdrawal cold turkey, failed. 2 more years olanzapine, switched to abilify which was very disruptive so attempted quitting cold turkey, failed. then 4 years amisulpride at 150 mg and about 3 zoloft at 150 mg. attempted withdrawal from both in 3 weeks, failed. reinstated zoloft and bridged to olanzapine (10 mg), successfully withdrew it over 10 months. tried withdrawing zoloft over 12 months, failed. bridged to prozac, at 40 mg,  now at 12 mg.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martina23

• LoveandLight

• Pugknows

• AliG

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and by the way, I don't think classical guitars are better. It's a different style of playing. Acoustic guitars are better for strumming chords, rhythm playing.

1 year risperidone, 1 year olanzapine (10 mg). attempted first withdrawal cold turkey, failed. 2 more years olanzapine, switched to abilify which was very disruptive so attempted quitting cold turkey, failed. then 4 years amisulpride at 150 mg and about 3 zoloft at 150 mg. attempted withdrawal from both in 3 weeks, failed. reinstated zoloft and bridged to olanzapine (10 mg), successfully withdrew it over 10 months. tried withdrawing zoloft over 12 months, failed. bridged to prozac, at 40 mg,  now at 12 mg.

21 hours ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Oh, and by the way, I don't think classical guitars are better. It's a different style of playing. Acoustic guitars are better for strumming chords, rhythm playing.

Actually it was ukulele at the end, the shop assisstant said there is this difference that ukulele has 4 strings and not 5 🙂

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Today I was sitting in a taxi and there was such a black man as a taxi driver. And we started to talk. I told him that I would like to go away from here because the state doesnt work here and he said that he feels good here and that it is better to leave when you are 20 - 25 not when you are forty. Everyone is always so scared of something. My sister said I shouldnt listen to other people. I should do what I consider right. I am always so much listening what other people  say. I guess it is because I grew up in communism, by us there wasnt such a thing like diversity everybody had to be like others in other case  there was a problem.

There is still such a joke poem about our communistic times in Slovakia, it sounds like:

It is better to be active

than later radioactive 🙂

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Administrator

We call that black humor here in the US, Martina. It's a stressful time for the whole world.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Today in the morning I had again intrusive thoughts. My children are at home and some of these stupid thoughts pained me. Something doesnt work in my brain anymore. And whats even worse yesterday I tried to calculate the possibility  to sue here in Austria. And it comes me it doesnt have a sense. A risk of 150.000 and what you can win   8.000 - 16.000 (in Austria and Germany compensations are very small -maybe 25.000 for for falsely cut off leg). So it is senseless. It is hurting me.

symptoms OCD

I will again write to the authorities here. It is already funny for me. I am sure that it doesnt help.

But I dont understand how can it be possible that they dont see if in a Pfizer funded study there stays that benzos have "no meanigful clinical withdrawal symptoms" upon 6 months use

when in the independent information from comittee 1988 there is clearly written that:

- the use of more than 4 months is not efficious+ from taking the benzos over 4 months you only get negative side effects in form of addiction

So it is actually deceit and body harm from Pfizer. The authorities do not understand it.

Comittee on Safety of Medicines 1988:

-Benzodiazepines are indicated for the short-term relief (two to four weeks only) of anxiety that is severe, disabling or subjecting the individual to unacceptable distress, occurring alone or in association with insomnia or short-term psychosomatic, organic or psychotic illness.

-Long-term chronic use is not recommended

-The use of benzodiazepines to treat short-term 'mild' anxiety is inappropriate and unsuitable

-The committee further noted that there was little convincing evidence that benzodiazepines were efficacious in the treatment of anxiety after four months' continuous treatment. It considered that an appropriate warning regarding long-term efficacy be included in the recommendations, particularly in view of the high proportion of patients receiving repeated prescriptions for extended periods of time.

symptoms OCD

So I have got today my first tantiems from reading my book: 2,50 EUR hi, hi, hi 🙂

symptoms OCD

That is a pity that we all - and the vast majority of harmed patients has so less money. Because if we all had a lot of money and everybody would sue pharma or doctor for getting withdrawal, these medicines would not exist anymore. But so, when only maybe 1% has money, for the pharma it is a very good business, once they get a small fine and they can continue prescribing for 99% of further people.

symptoms OCD

I proposed the authorities that they should give me available all data to one study from Pfizer which I know doesnt fit and that I will give it to some scientist to look at the study if we dont find evidence that it is manipulated. I proposed them also that I check all the studies based on which Lyrica went to the market, check which of them were made by financially connected scientists and proposed that we will deeply  check these which were made by financially connected scientists.

But I guess even if it is a great strategy, they will refuse it just only that they dont have to work anything. But I decided I will not give up. If these wouldnt work I will turn to General attorney of Texas. They  are much more efficient.

symptoms OCD

I booked for the next week holiday in my favourite spa. The children are already looking forward!!!

symptoms OCD

5 hours ago, Martina23 said:

I proposed the authorities that they should give me available all data to one study from Pfizer which I know doesnt fit and that I will give it to some scientist to look at the study if we dont find evidence that it is manipulated. I proposed them also that I check all the studies based on which Lyrica went to the market, check which of them were made by financially connected scientists and proposed that we will deeply  check these which were made by financially connected scientists.

But I guess even if it is a great strategy, they will refuse it just only that they dont have to work anything. But I decided I will not give up. If these wouldnt work I will turn to General attorney of Texas. They  are much more efficient.

Why Texas?

I don't think Ken Paxton is your man, Martina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Paxton#ExxonMobil_litigation

Edited by Iatrogenesis

33 minutes ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Why Texas?

I don't think Ken Paxton is your man, Martina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Paxton#ExxonMobil_litigation

The previous Greg Abbott was ok, I got child support because of people by texas attorney general. But you are right, the new one I dont know and he doesnt seem to be here for the people. I thought I just had good experiences with the people working there (within the children division)

symptoms OCD

Oh, I see. So you've lived in the US. I was only speaking from the general notion of Texas being quite a conservative, neo-liberal state within the US, so perhaps not the best one for this sort of action.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:40 AM, Martina23 said:

I will again write to the authorities here. It is already funny for me. I am sure that it doesnt help.

But I dont understand how can it be possible that they dont see if in a Pfizer funded study there stays that benzos have "no meanigful clinical withdrawal symptoms" upon 6 months use

when in the independent information from comittee 1988 there is clearly written that:

- the use of more than 4 months is not efficious+ from taking the benzos over 4 months you only get negative side effects in form of addiction

So it is actually deceit and body harm from Pfizer. The authorities do not understand it.

Comittee on Safety of Medicines 1988:

-Benzodiazepines are indicated for the short-term relief (two to four weeks only) of anxiety that is severe, disabling or subjecting the individual to unacceptable distress, occurring alone or in association with insomnia or short-term psychosomatic, organic or psychotic illness.

-Long-term chronic use is not recommended

-The use of benzodiazepines to treat short-term 'mild' anxiety is inappropriate and unsuitable

-The committee further noted that there was little convincing evidence that benzodiazepines were efficacious in the treatment of anxiety after four months' continuous treatment. It considered that an appropriate warning regarding long-term efficacy be included in the recommendations, particularly in view of the high proportion of patients receiving repeated prescriptions for extended periods of time.

Interesting, could you link to your sources?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924933813761479

Here is the study, it is primary made for pregabalin, but they made comparison with lorazepam and for lorazepam there are already studies. And here they write that both drugs after 6 months had "low mean changes" and thus no meaningful withdrawal. So the doctors would take it both of these drugs they can prescribe for GAD longterm. It was published and promoted in European psychiatry magazine - I guess European psychiatry organization gets money/donations from pharma 

https://www.benzo.org.uk/commit.htm

Here you go.

1 hour ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Interesting, could you link to your sources?

I put it above 🙂

symptoms OCD

Insightful. :) Another mind-boggling thing I read recently is this:

While analyzing antidepressant trials as part of his research into the placebo effect, Kirsch realised that drug companies do not publish all of their disappointing antidepressant trial results, but most decisions about the efficacy of an antidepressant are based only on published results. Using the Freedom of Information Act, he and his colleagues acquired from the US Food and Drug Administration the unpublished trial results for six antidepressants. When the results from both published and unpublished studies were averaged, the researchers concluded that the drugs produced a small but clinically meaningless improvement in mood compared with an inert placebo (sugar pill).[6][7] (Some researchers have questioned the statistical basis of this study suggesting that it underestimates the effect size of antidepressants[8][9] and other studies have reached a range of supporting and conflicting conclusions).[10][11]

This is the first paragraph of the wiki summary of this book:

The Emperor's New Drugs

I haven't read it, though. I'm busy with other things at the moment, and this whole subject is quite painful. But reading that excerpt was one of those "OMG WAT" moments for me. Basically, if you're a pharma company in the US you can do any number of clinical trials, but cherrypick those you like for presenting to the public. Crazy...

Edited by Iatrogenesis

I think the biggest problem we have is that we dont hold together. In other case we would be much more successful to fight against big pharma. If we held together, we would have already won. But like now if you write Dr. Breggin or Dr. Healy, you will never get any answer. I guess there are twenty more people to help, but first you have to get their contact data, and if noone gives you their contact data you cant progress. I think Dr. Healy could look also at other studies like this above, or all the studies from financially connected scientists for Lyrica, but for this he would have to answer his emails. Because if we everybody does something only on his own sand, unconnected, then we can never win.

It was also in this film Gladiator, when they were in the arena, and the gladiator said that "whatever comes in through this door, we have to keep together". That is the basic of the strategy. I am sad, that there are still so less people who understand it.

symptoms OCD

Very wise words, Martina. Indeed, that's how the whole machine works, by targeting and destroying people separately.

But sadly, in this case, the problem goes beyond corporate twits running rampant. As David Healy notes, this whole branch of medicine is under the influence and in the pocket of the industry, with ghostwriting, for example, being widespread. Yet, the way this branch has developed is a combination of corporate twits running rampant AND very bad science. Joanna Moncrieff put it in a bit subtler way, writing something along the lines of "humanity at that point was entering a period of rapid technological changes, but it didn't understand how the brain works, so modern psychiatry and psychiatric drugs were created out of a need" (I read that a couple of years ago, it essentially boiled down to that). So we are at a point in time now, that this whole branch of medicine is firmly established and backed by tens(hundreds) of billions of dollars. So it's a fight not only against the money, but also against a whole branch of medicine, against science that happens to be something a lot of people have a problem with questioning. And that is not an easy fight to win - not to sound defeatist, ha ha.

And this is, by the way, not the only branch of medicine where we are facing massive violence being perpetrated. American opioid epidemic comes to mind, I don't know if you know about that, but it's another medical thing that doctors happily bought into. It boggles the mind, but this year alone the death toll from legal pain medication (which is a synthetic opiate) has exceeded the death tolls from car accidents, gun violence and AIDS COMBINED in the United States. But this is a completely manufactured epidemic, just mostly by one very wealthy family. And that's just another example of such completely pointless, stupid and absurd destruction being wrought on this planet.

EDIT: By the way, that name, Lyrica, one of the more ridiculous ones. I've no doubt it's very poetic.

Edited by Iatrogenesis

23 minutes ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Very wise words, Martina. Indeed, that's how the whole machine works, by targeting and destroying people separately.

But sadly, in this case, the problem goes beyond corporate twits running rampant. As David Healy notes, this whole branch of medicine is under the influence and in the pocket of the industry, with ghostwriting, for example, being widespread. Yet, the way this branch has developed is a combination of corporate twits running rampant AND very bad science. Joanna Moncrieff put it in a bit subtler way, writing something along the lines of "humanity at that point was entering a period of rapid technological changes, but it didn't understand how the brain works, so modern psychiatry and psychiatric drugs were created out of a need" (I read that a couple of years ago, it essentially boiled down to that). So we are at a point in time now, that this whole branch of medicine is firmly established and backed by tens(hundreds) of billions of dollars. So it's a fight not only against the money, but also against a whole branch of medicine, against science that happens to be something a lot of people have a problem with questioning. And that is not an easy fight to win - not to sound defeatist, ha ha.

And this is, by the way, not the only branch of medicine where we are facing massive violence being perpetrated. American opioid epidemic comes to mind, I don't know if you know about that, but it's another medical thing that doctors happily bought into. It boggles the mind, but this year alone the death toll from legal pain medication (which is a synthetic opiate) has exceeded the death tolls from car accidents, gun violence and AIDS COMBINED in the United States. But this is a completely manufactured epidemic, just mostly by one very wealthy family. And that's just another example of such completely pointless, stupid and absurd destruction being wrought on this planet.

EDIT: By the way, that name, Lyrica, one of the more ridiculous ones. I've no doubt it's very poetic.

Oh yes, the withdrawal was very poetic 🙂 And the most poetic was when I made a complaint and a "state medical expert" at the chamber of doctors told me there is no withdrawal from Lyrica that it was surely my underliing illness. I thought I will get a heart attack.

symptoms OCD

9 minutes ago, Martina23 said:

Oh yes, the withdrawal was very poetic 🙂 And the most poetic was when I made a complaint and a "state medical expert" at the chamber of doctors told me there is no withdrawal from Lyrica that it was surely my underliing illness. I thought I will get a heart attack.

Oh yes, that's so stupid and terrible :(. Same old story. And by the way, on a more positive note, absolutely the more doctors that are dedicated to fighting this machine and are supportive and can be easily contacted, the better. And the more places where people can talk about this from the right perspective, share their experiences, take this for what it is, the better. And this message board is I think the only such place apart from Benzo Buddies, as far as I've been able to tell. It's really good when people take action, because the scale of this wrong can be discouraging. But we shouldn't be, absolutely.

Can be the floaters dangerous? At once I got them plenty, as it started now when I am almost 3 years to withdrawal, I guess it is not withdrawal related. Should I worry? I am afraid to go to the doctor because they will always make more problems than they solve. I dont think it has something with retina as I dont see white flashes and I have good perpheral vision (no shades or black points on the sides). Just a lot of floaters at once - like cobwebs. Somethimes I notice it more when I paint on the white canvas and you see them better even if you should see just a white canvas.

symptoms OCD

At least Dr. Healy answered. His answer was: "Ufff, I am so swamped in other things. I will try to get back to this." So ok. At least some answer.

symptoms OCD

2 hours ago, Martina23 said:

At least Dr. Healy answered. His answer was: "Ufff, I am so swamped in other things. I will try to get back to this." So ok. At least some answer.

Nice!

5 hours ago, Martina23 said:

Can be the floaters dangerous? At once I got them plenty, as it started now when I am almost 3 years to withdrawal, I guess it is not withdrawal related. Should I worry? I am afraid to go to the doctor because they will always make more problems than they solve. I dont think it has something with retina as I dont see white flashes and I have good perpheral vision (no shades or black points on the sides). Just a lot of floaters at once - like cobwebs. Somethimes I notice it more when I paint on the white canvas and you see them better even if you should see just a white canvas.

I don't think I can help you with that, but I got that during some of my withdrawals, I think it was connected to fatigue for me.

By the way, your drug, Lyrica. I had read about what it is and your story before, so to correct my post from yesterday - yeah, in your case it's more like the opioid epidemic (though it still is used to treat GAD). Did you give that birth in the States? I had never heard of the drug, Lyrica, before and it's not part of any of the main psych drug classes either, but if that was in the States, then thank God you didn't get Oxycontin for your pain instead.

On Monday we are going for holiday 🙂For one week ...

symptoms OCD

Nice! Where to?

16 hours ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Nice! Where to?

Bad Blumau.

symptoms OCD

It is so good that I am not not married and that I dont have any money when I see in the tabloid magazines how the wifes or husbands try to get all the money from the celebrities after the divorce, and this also so stupidly through the media, I dont understand why such people dont go to the work but always try to steal the most money from the others

symptoms OCD

Tomorrow we are going for holiday! I love it!

symptoms OCD

Enjoy Martina and practice leaving all things withdrawl behind you as best you can ,going away myself in a couple of weeks so focus is on health .

OOPs i see you were on lyrica ,I see your passion now for me to not to go near it .

Take care .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 hours ago, powerback said:

Enjoy Martina and practice leaving all things withdrawl behind you as best you can ,going away myself in a couple of weeks so focus is on health .

OOPs i see you were on lyrica ,I see your passion now for me to not to go near it .

Take care .

I am happy I helped you. I even wrote about my experience with Lyrica a book, if you would be in danger to take Lyrica, I would even show you, but I am happy that you didnt take, because then I dont have to show you my book:-) In some way if it is on Amazon, it is ok but I would still be a bit ashamed to show it to people  on SA who know me because there are so personal things and it is so true. But it is good that you feel better. We are now in some funny park where the children ride the little authomatic  cars. I hope that you feel today ok.

symptoms OCD

12 minutes ago, Martina23 said:

I am happy I helped you. I even wrote about my experience with Lyrica a book, if you would be in danger to take Lyrica, I would even show you, but I am happy that you didnt take, because then I dont have to show you my book:-) In some way if it is on Amazon, it is ok but I would still be a bit ashamed to show it to people  on SA who know me because there are so personal things and it is so true. But it is good that you feel better. We are now in some funny park where the children ride the little authomatic  cars. I hope that you feel today ok.

no need to feel embarrassed on SA martina ,we are driven to  hell  on this journey ,the last place you will ever be judged is here .ile read it some day when im safe from triggers ,that's a long way off.

Take care.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

11 hours ago, Martina23 said:

Tomorrow we are going for holiday! I love it!

Have a great one!

8 hours ago, powerback said:

Take care .

Very true. Limiting the suffering you expose yourself to is  certainly not a bad thing to do. I, myself, probably deal with too much messed up stuff on a daily basis. And this psych drug thing still disturbs me too much, I guess because I have personal experience of what it means.

3 hours ago, powerback said:

no need to feel embarrassed on SA martina ,we are driven to  hell  on this journey ,the last place you will ever be judged is here .ile read it some day when im safe from triggers ,that's a long way off.

Take care.

Absolutely, those drugs do terrible things to people, and not only the WD.

Take care, friends.

10 minutes ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Have a great one!

Very true. Limiting the suffering you expose yourself to is  certainly not a bad thing to do. I, myself, probably deal with too much messed up stuff on a daily basis. And this psych drug thing still disturbs me too much, I guess because I have personal experience of what it means.

Absolutely, those drugs do terrible things to people, and not only the WD.

Take care, friends.

And which kind of withdrawal symptoms  do you have? Are you still on meds, Iatrogenesis?

symptoms OCD

Oh, what makes you think I have withdrawal symptoms? Did you assume it based on this post?  I haven't had any withdrawal symptoms since I switched to Prozac after a failed Zoloft taper. I'm close to finishing it, dropping to 12 mg tomorrow.

Well, except maybe I get too irritable at times, but maybe that's because I haven't been able to sleep well for over a year now. Hahahahaha. When I'm done, I'm going to get a good night's sleep. Ahhhhhh!

No, I'm joking a bit, lately it's really improved. I can finally sleep a lot, most of the days of the week.

Edited by Iatrogenesis
Just some thoughts