SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Moonlitelotus: introduction/body zaps/questions

Moonlitelotus

Have I completely ruined all my progress?

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

18 months off as of March 2, 2016

• Administrator

If I were you, I'd go back down to 1mg. It may take a while for your nervous system to settle down from this latest adventure.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Ok Alto, thank you,

I missed my dose today do you suggest doing that tomorrow? How long should I stay on 1mg to know whether I'm still having adverse effects? I'm just worried about serotonin syndrome.... My doctor suggested weaning down and stopping the medicine all together. Is that a bad idea?

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

• Administrator

You're not going to get serotonin syndrome on one drug taken at 1mg.

Do not skip doses, or take doses irregularly. Take the same dosage at the same time every day.

If you can't do that, you might as well go off and cope with withdrawal symptoms, because you'll make yourself sick with irregular dosing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Ok so should I stick to 1mg and take it tonight? I usually take it at noon. I'm just wondering if it's any of the medicine that's making me sick. If it is I don't want to take it but I can't tell at this point whether it was this increase or what. I feel stupid.

Reinstating sometimes doesn't work at all for people??? Not even a very low dose?

• Administrator

You have to be consistent and stick with it for a while to see if it will work. You haven't done any of that.

No simple little pill is guaranteed to fix you. Recovery from withdrawal is a long, slow process.

But even people who were bad off and reinstated did see improvement eventually? I'm just afraid if I stick with it that it won't matter and I will have stunted progress. What about adjusting to the medicine again even reinstating on a low dose is that normal to feel a little weird for a bit?

Well I didn't know what else to do I'm so sick I've wound up in the ER.

• Moderator Emeritus

Let us know how it goes MLL, I'm sorry that you felt you had to go to the ER and I hope you see some improvement soon. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I had woke up with my heart racing super fast, I've been having nausea here and there, shortness of breath, dizziness. I have been having panic attacks since starting back on medicine, which I have not had in a long time. Everything checked out fine I was just having a bad panic attack. They said to continue my medicine that it is normal to not feel well when starting it or be more anxious while adjusting back to the medicine.

• Administrator

Skipping doses or taking them inconsistently can cause those symptoms, too. But you know that, because we've told you over and over, correct?

Yep. Now that I'm back on it I'm staying on it and taking it consistently. They said to stay at 5 mg. They gave me some stuff to help with nausea.

• Moderator Emeritus

They said to stay at 5 mg. They gave me some stuff to help with nausea.

So are you taking 1mg or 5mg?  You reinstated 1mg on Jan 9 right?  What did they give you for the nausea?  Is it helping?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

5 mg now. I started at 1mg on the 9th yes. They gave me zophan I believe its called. And it kinda helps. They said side effects from starting the medicine can last up to 14 days and that's what I'm experiencing but to stick with it and they will subside as my body adjusts again. Poor body. I'm leaving it alone after this. Also, 5mg is still considered low dose or a "non therapeutic" dose for Lexapro I guess.

• Moderator Emeritus

MLL, I'm a little concerned that you are taking zophan along with a now higher dose of lexapro.

Generic Name: ondansetron (oral)
Brand Names: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Its a serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, so I did an interactions check:

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1752-0,1013-565

Interactions between your selected drugs

interaction-3-big.png

ondansetron ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: ondansetron, Lexapro (escitalopram)

Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.

MONITOR CLOSELY: Concomitant use of 5-HT3 receptor antagonists with agents that possess or enhance serotonergic activity such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) may potentiate the risk of serotonin syndrome, which is a rare but serious and potentially fatal condition thought to result from hyperstimulation of brainstem 5-HT1A and 2A receptors. According to the manufacturers, development of serotonin syndrome has been reported with 5-HT3 receptor antagonists, primarily during concomitant use of serotonergic drugs but also in overdose. Some of the reported cases were fatal. Symptoms of the serotonin syndrome may include mental status changes such as irritability, altered consciousness, confusion, hallucination, and coma; autonomic dysfunction such as tachycardia, hyperthermia, diaphoresis, shivering, blood pressure lability, and mydriasis; neuromuscular abnormalities such as hyperreflexia, myoclonus, tremor, rigidity, and ataxia; and gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal cramping, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

MONITOR CLOSELY: Treatment with 5-HT3 receptor antagonists has been associated with dose-dependent prolongation of the QT interval. Theoretically, coadministration with other agents that can prolong the QT interval including some SSRIs may result in additive effects and increased risk of ventricular arrhythmias such as torsade de pointes and sudden death. Cases of torsade de pointes have been specifically reported with dolasetron and ondansetron during postmarketing use. It is uncertain whether palonosetron also causes significant prolongation of the QT interval. A thorough QT/QTc study in healthy volunteers demonstrated no relevant effect on QT/QTc interval duration or any other ECG interval at doses up to 2.25 mg. However, non-clinical studies have shown that palonosetron possesses the ability to block ion channels involved in ventricular de- and re-polarization and to prolong action potential duration. In general, the risk of an individual agent or a combination of agents causing ventricular arrhythmia in association with QT prolongation is largely unpredictable but may be increased by certain underlying risk factors such as congenital long QT syndrome, cardiac disease, and electrolyte disturbances (e.g., hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia). Also, the extent of drug-induced QT prolongation is dependent on the particular drug(s) involved and dosage(s) of the drug(s).

Limited data suggest that SSRIs and 5-HT3 receptor antagonists may demonstrate mutual antagonism due to opposing pharmacologic effects involving serotonin. In one report, three patients receiving carboplatin-containing chemotherapy had inadequate antiemetic response to ondansetron while they were taking fluoxetine. Ondansetron efficacy improved after fluoxetine was discontinued. Another case report describes the occurrence of a brief episode of depressive symptoms following the initiation of ondansetron treatment in a woman whose depression had been under control with fluoxetine.

MANAGEMENT: Caution is advised if 5-HT3 receptor antagonists are prescribed in combination with SSRIs. Patients should be closely monitored for symptoms of the serotonin syndrome during treatment. Particular caution is warranted when initiating or increasing the dosages of these agents. The potential risk for serotonin syndrome should be considered even when administering serotonergic agents sequentially, as some agents may demonstrate a prolonged elimination half-life. For example, a 5-week washout period is typically recommended following use of fluoxetine before administering another serotonergic agent. If serotonin syndrome develops or is suspected during the course of therapy, all serotonergic agents should be discontinued immediately and supportive care rendered as necessary. Moderately ill patients may also benefit from the administration of a serotonin antagonist (e.g., cyproheptadine, chlorpromazine). Severe cases should be managed under consultation with a toxicologist and may require sedation, neuromuscular paralysis, intubation, and mechanical ventilation in addition to the other measures.

5mg Lexapro is not a low dose. 

A significant characteristic of Lexapro is that milligram for milligram, it is much stronger than other SSRIs. Chemically, Lexapro is a variation of Celexa; the molecule was re-engineered to be patentable as Celexa's patent was about to expire. The streamlined molecule is a more potent SSRI, 2 to 4 times stronger than others. (Wikipedia has a good explanation of this at https://secure.wikim...ki/Escitalopram.)

If you are taking 5mg, it's not tiny, it's equivalent to 10-20mg Paxil or Celexa.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/406-tips-for-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram/

What side effects are you having now?  Are you having any new symptoms since increasing the lexapro and starting on zophan?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Ok I will not take anymore zophan. It has not helped anyway. I had chills last night. Probably from taking the two. Do you think it's ok to just stay at 5mg? I don't want to get serotonin syndrome. :(

Today I was able to eat and only have mild nausea. I have not taken the antinausea anymore and definitely won't. I have not thrown up or anything. I don't feel quite as out of it as I did. So far today I've felt less sick and only had mild anxiety as well. My heart hasn't been racing except it seems to when I first wake up.I just took my medicine so we will see how I continue to feel. I'm scared and just want to be ok.

• Moderator Emeritus

You are feeling a little better, that's good.

Do not skip doses, or take doses irregularly. Take the same dosage at the same time every day.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

5mg seems to have been too much for me and was making me very sick. I know nausea is a common side effect when starting Lexapro as well as increased anxiety but I was throwing up and having panic attacks which I have not had in a long time even through withdrawal. I also felt like I couldn't sit still and I was constantly revved up. My doctor told me to cut it in half and see how things go. So now I'm taking 2.5 mg and am going to stick with that and be consistent like you guys have told me and let my body adjust. I didn't want to make another change but 5mg was just too much. I should have not been talked into going up that much in the first place. I know I'm an adult and should have put my foot down and said no to upping the dose. I know it may still be a rough adjustment getting used to the medicine especially having to decrease it again... Hopefully it won't be too horrible as I only took the 5 mg for 4 days. :/

*post moved from symptoms section

Is it possible that reinstating with one drug might not work or make things more uncomfortable while reinstating with different one might help and have a better reaction? Seems like Lexapro might be giving more issues. Although reducing it helped and in some ways I do notice it working. I still have nausea and it comes on mostly at night around 12 about 12 hours after taking my dose. And tonight the base of my spine and legs felt overstimulated or tickley. Could this be from reducing the dose? I'm afraid to stop the medicine because I dunno if it will throw me into bad withdrawal. I just dunno what to do anymore. I felt better today minus having a cold and being a bit dizzy still but night time seems to be when things get crappy. :( could this also be from Xanax leaving my body? Ive had to take it several times this week for panic attacks. I took .25-.5 mg depending how anxious I was. The anxiety was much better today and I didn't need to take any. I didn't have any nausea all day as well or weird spine leg tickeys.

Edited by Petu
added note

Please help what do I do if reinstating isn't working? Is it possible to go thru Xanax withdrawal after taking it 6 days? I am really having a hard time right now. I felt better yesterday but then last night had nausea again and threw up and I seem to get it at night or 12 hours after taking Lexapro. I feel so sick and jittery today. I didn't take Xanax yesterday so I didn't know of this is Xanax withdrawal or what is going on but I'm scared and dunno what to do. Please help me. I know I'm probably annoying to you guys. I'm sorry. I tried to talk to my psychiatrist but he isn't any help.

• Administrator

Moonlite, you have to give it more that TWO DAYS to see how it affects you.

So far, you have not been consistent at all. There is no way to determine what is going to work and what won't.

If it doesn't work, then you stop it and deal with the symptoms.

Try to be more responsible in taking control of your own situation. Answering the same questions over and over is very wearing on me and the mods. The next time you get worried, please read this topic again.

I'm just afraid I might be experiencing serotonin syndrome or something because of the nausea/vomiting, increased heart rate, anxiety and chills. I'm sorry I'm just scared.

It's been more than two days since starting Lexapro it's been 12.

• Administrator

Moonlite, how many times have you been told you need to stay at a consistent dosage to see if it will work? And that serotonin syndrome is extremely unlikely at your low dosages?

If being on the drug frightens you that much, if I were you, I wouldn't take it. Please stop this irrational, self-sabotaging behavior.

If you decide to go off, you will have to use non-drug means to deal with whatever symptoms you might have. See the Symptoms and Self-Care forum http://tinyurl.com/3hq949zfor suggestions.

I'm sorry, I've run out of patience for this. I feel I've done all I can do to answer your questions.

• Mentor

I am making a new thread because I can't seem to get much support if I don't. I am absolutely desperate right now. I feel like I can't even take this anymore. I feel like I'm never going to make it through this. I've been off Prozac for 4 months now and I see little if any improvement and when I think I do it's not real. I really feel I am that one person who no matter how slow they taper or what they do nothing will give and I will never get off SSRIs for good or feel like me again. No one seems to know how to help me. I made my mom cry because she is so distraught to see me this way. I don't want to make her hurt too. :( she feels so desperate and try's everything to help me. I feel bad. All I can do is cry today. I'm barely living anymore and I don't recognize the person in the mirror.

Hello and welcome.  I am feeling poorly also, and when I feel that way I enjoy to sit and read the threads of new members.  As for your mom, let her know just to ignore how you look.  My son had a day like that, I just sat in a dark corner, obviously looking miserable.  he said he could not stand me looking like that, it upset him.  Now I just say some days I am ok, others I am not, so just ignore how I look, cause that just makes me feel guilty.  And damn, withdrawals make me feel so damn guilty about everything, same things, over and over, that I dealt with years ago. And tell your mom, how lucky you are, for trying to give up these ADs after only a couple of years.  You have seen the light.  dont get me wrong, I tried to reinstate, but it didnt work.   do whatever you have to do, armed with the knowledge that tapering takes longer than 4 months  (I made that mistake)....  wd hit six months after that.     I also now know (in hindsight), that WD can hit after a year.  Anyway, I will read the rest of your thread......I hope you are feeling better.  

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• Mentor

Hello Lotus...... It might be weird, but I judge my good day by if I can do the dishes.   It is so hard, and tiring feeling like a "puppet on a string" or a ping pong ball.  I feel for you.  Believe me, it passes.

Your mother will know if you got serontonin syndrome, believe me, as I have had it.  So stop worrying about that one.  When I had it, it developed over a few days, but no-one knew what it was, then. I had serontonin syndrome, and survived. 

Terror and anxiety, when giving up ....  changing doses, going back on  .....     are part of the reason people stay on these drugs.  Get stable, I am not stable yet, but I am having a "window".....  may only last a few hours, I dont know.

Stick to the dose you have decided on, set a time limit in your mind... 2.5mg?  Then stick to that for the next so many days.  Put that in your brain, and stick to it.  I would suggest ten days........  from tomorrow......  if it makes you sick 12 hours after the dose, try and see if you can be asleep 12 hours after your dose.

If Xanax works for you, keep it only as a backup, dont use it every day. Dont beat yourself up over using it.  Just try not to use it.  

If you can do something, do it, to distract yourself.  Yesterday and today I am able to play "mahjong jungle"  on facebook.   I can force myself to play it, and I have to concentrate on the game.  I find these days are good, it is like resting my brain, from the fear, and stuff, that is called withdrawals.

I reinstated, maybe I should have tried longer, I only tried 6 days.  I reinstated at 1/8 of a previous dose, 12.5mg...... I am so glad I didnt go straight back on a high dose.

dont try and copy anything I am doing....   I have been all over the place with dosages, and stuff..... it hasn't helped.

hang in there, hugs     ang

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Ang,

Thank you for being so kind and trying to help ease my fears with some good advice. Sometimes people just need some reassurance and to not feel alone. Why did you not continue your reinstatement? Did you start to feel worse? I haven't had to use Xanax in two days so I guess that's better than things were. I definitely don't want to get addicted to that too. When I used it this week there were days in between using it so hopefully that helped. I know what you mean by judging your day by if you can do the dishes I am the same way! I really don't want to keep changing my dose around but I had to find a dose where I wasn't completely miserable. I'm hoping 2.5mg will be ok once my body adjusts. I've also been wondering if I may have gastritis and the liquid Lexapro is irritating my stomach and that's why I feel nauseated. I've been dealing with GERD before I started the med again so maybe it's just irritating it too much. I might switch to the pill version split it in half to the 2.5mg and see if that helps at all. I also was taking nexium for the GERD and I suspect an interaction between the two because I found online there is a interaction between the two. And so the nexium probably just finally left my body and maybe things won't be so severe, chills, throwing up, dizziness, increased heart rate. This is why I was afraid of serotonin syndrome. But I didn't have a fever or some of the other symptoms. I'm surprised though that the ER didn't know about the interaction of nexium and Lexapro and didn't tell me to stop taking it. I just stopped it the day before yesterday myself because I had a suspicion about it and found I was right to. Then they gave me another drug for nausea that had a major interaction as well. Wtf! So that's why I have been scared because I can't even trust the ones who are suppose to save my life if I need it. So now I'm not taking anything but 2.5mg of Lexapro and trying to stay away from Xanax or anything else.

Alto,

There was one question you didn't answer if you would please. If reinstating with one drug does not work out or causes things to be worse then would maybe a different one work or is it pretty much just not going to work at all?

I cannot tolerate this Lexapro anymore. I feel like I'm on crack. My heart races, I'm super tense, I can't sleep, my body shakes with chills, nausea, anxiety, my body surges with intense energy, like I'm way over stimulated. I take my dose same time everyday and this happens every night. When the medicine starts to leave my body 24 plus hours later I start to feel better. I'm not sure whether to give up on reinstating or try reinstating with Prozac the med I was on before withdrawal started. Please I know you are fed up with me I just cannot handle the Lexapro this is definitely an adverse reaction and would appreciate your opinion on this. I am not trying to skip around and be inconsistent and disrespect you or disregard what you have had to say. This Lexapro is just really making me sick and I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Could switching help or is it unlikely? Please I am so miserable. My nerves feel on edge

• Administrator

Your choice. Read this topic again and again.

Well my psychiatrist said to stop everything for the moment and let my body re cooperate. Has anyone felt really bad after reinstating? How long did it take to feel a little better once stopping?

Will I recover from this? I just want to know if people recover from adverse effects.

Has anyone tried reinstating with a drug that gave them a negative reaction to one but was able to reinstate with a different drug?