Moonlitelotus: introduction/body zaps/questions

Moonlitelotus

Yesssssss! Awesome Moonlite! You hit the RI jackpot! And thanks, Petunia, for reposting that letter. My cog fog prevents me from doing much other than direct traffic in a cul de sac.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

The RI jack pot? I wasn't able to RI. :(

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

18 months off as of March 2, 2016

Oh oops. Sorry I misread. Well my pompoms are waving for you anyway.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Hey, you are healing! Windows of feeling better lead to sliding glass doors.

Lol I love that!!! Sliding glass doors! Good analogy. :)

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

Had some morning nervousness (get that from time to time) and woke up in the middle of the night. I had a very nice two day window. I feel kinda scared that it might have been from the .5mg Prozac I took 10 days ago. Its out of my system now but I don't think its active metabolite is. So I'm afraid that maybe I only had a window because of the prozac ( even though when I actually take prozac it makes me very sick and feel horrendous). I want it to have been a window from me actually healing but now I don't know if it was or not. :/ I wasnt 100% in my window but definitely functioning better. I don't know...I did have some windows before even trying to reinstate so maybe I just got lucky and am continuing to heal even though trying to reinstate upset my nervous system. I guess it's hard to say

My window has closed :(

sorry to hear :(

so has mine

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Sorry for you too. :( how long was your window??

Hey Moonlite. That's okay. You are healing every day you aren't taking high doses of the drug. The little bit you threw at your system didn't set you back. Your brain is still learning how to operate without the drug. You will recover and this will all be in your rear view mirror. (((hugs)))

I felt pretty good last Tuesday into Weds. morning then started going downhill again,really felt awful yesterday & today :(

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks pugknows! I hope you are right. :)

Direstraits,

Well at least you had a window! That's a really good thing. I can't wait until they become sliding glass doors for us both. Lol. Was this your first window or have you had others?

• Moderator Emeritus

I dont think you had a window because of the prozac.  Having a really bad reaction to it is unlikely to be doing your nervous system good.    I think you system is showing you it has the capacity to heal and gain some stability if given the chance.   Doing nothing is doing something

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

was this your first window or have you had others?

I've had others but they're few & far between-seem to mostly feel crappy :(

Dalsaan,

Thank you for your input. I am going to just continue what I'm doing and let it heal. I am lucky to have even had a window after poking the bear twice. I guess when the next window comes around I will be able to know for sure it's real. I am just skeptical I guess because of what my body has been they lately it doesn't seem like it would be handing out windows so soon. I also had a window after Lexapro so that's why I was like hmm... I dunno what this means or if I can trust these are real windows. But they seem to happen once the medication leave my system. So who knows. Like I said next window I'll know.

Direstraits,

I mostly feel crappy too. :/

Yes, I couldn't believe when I had my first window on the tail of a bad window..totally unexpected..this healing process is the strangest thing x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I'm having a bad wave now. :/ it sucks. Can't fall asleep yet. My body just feels over stimulated. Ugh.

How do I get adrenalin to stop coursing through my body? :/ I haven't had this for a while... I must have hit a bad wave from everything I did.

Wish I knew. I am bathed in cortisol surges. It feeds the anxiety and all the WD symptoms. Hang on Moonlite. Many of us seem to be drenched in waves right now.

Guess it's something in the air.. I really hate this.

Me too. Feeling very agitated and depressed about the whole mess. I'm desperate for this to be over. I want to have time with my family again. Feeling so isolated, constantly drowned in this WD c**p.

I agree. I'm so sorry for all of us. It's not fair but people tell me life isn't fair. I am trying to take a bath to see if it helps. I know I shoud eat something but I can't with this feeling in my body. This is a lay in a dark room all day kind of day but I have an important meeting with my lawyer soon. Of course I couldn't have a window on the day I have to deal with that stuff.

I can't eat again. I wish this storm would pass already. How the heck do you go from feeling so normal one day to absolute agony the next. It's crazy. I don't know how I will survive this. I guess I just will.

Yep that's my thinking..we just will..hope it passes soon for you x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I feel so horrible today. Could this be from the protein shakes? I only had two and there was a day in between them. I just try to help my body and I end up making things worse. I guess less is definitely more. I just want to get thru this.

• Moderator Emeritus

It's withdrawal. It's an adjustment period for your body which is having its ups and downs. I don't know if your protein shake has impacted on you but I don't think it would induce a wave.

Waves will come and go. You have to practice not investing too much energy in them. Note their existence but don't give them significance by paying them a lot of attention or obsessing about what caused/exacerbated them. The more energy you give them the more likely they are to stay around because that is nervous energy that stresses your system

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Ok I understand. I've been trying not to give it much energy but it's hard when it makes you want to curl in a ball. I'm trying to just let it pass.

• Moderator Emeritus

So - curl in a ball!  That's okay, too.  

You can go on Youtube and look for gentle, restorative yoga.  (there's a tiny bit here on SA, sorry, I lost it for now)  Don't forget your epsom salt baths, maybe put a little lavender in to soothe your crying nervous system.

And here's one:  you were on the zoloft and the prozac for YEARS.  Remember how numb you were?  Well guess what!  You can FEEL now!  I'm sorry, and I'm happy for you.  But you're having feelings, and that is likely novel after all the flat, numb, years on AD.

It sounds on the whole like you're doing well. That was a BIG window, and is very encouraging.  Remember that window now, and know that there's another one coming to a random day near you!  And when it comes - WRITE ABOUT it - how you feel, what you want, what you dream - so that when the wave comes back (it will), you can read all about what a window feels like, and remember it - and HOPE.

I think you've had a taste of hope, and that makes me oh so happy for you.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

I just feel like my waves are worse again after trying to reinstate. I feel so sick right now. I dunno if I can trust that that window wasn't some how from the Prozac. Maybe it was so tiny in my system that it did something for those two days. But now I feel so bad. :(

if I were you I'd just do nothing  and try & hang in there-I 'm 9 mos. off paxil & still feel pretty sick a lot-I still can't believe this is happening! what a nightmare! :( you're still in early days-hopefully you'll see some relief soon

Hang on Moonlite! When you're in a wave, you eventually emerge into a window. Hunker down and just b-r-e-a-t-h-e. Inhale through your nose deep into your diaphragm, hold your breath and count to 7, exhale while counting to 8. Do it three times.

Then do the cha cha! (jk)

You're going to be okay (((Moonlite))). You just feel sick right now and you're worried. It's okay. It's normal and temporary. Just let your feelings float by. You're convalescing. That's all. Don't try to do much. Just let time pass.

Thank you guys for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. I hope the same for you guys... That we all find some relief soon. I'll do the chacha in my next window lol. That's probably what I will do for a while is nothing at all. Seems to be my best bet.

I am wondering if I got food poisoning actually right now too. I ate some spring rolls with shrimp last night for dinner. I didn't digest them all the way and I woke up feeling sick this morning. I had diarrhea 3 times and then I finally just puked up my spring rolls. I feel a little better now. So I wonder if I had a bad shrimp. I'm definitely going thru a wave but I hadn't had diarrhea like that for a while and the puking wasn't just nausea and gagging and puking up some stuff. It was like my body was really trying to get rid of something and you would think I would have digested those spring rolls by now. Now I am just feeling tired. Sorry if this was TMI lol.

It's the flu. My boyfriend had it too last week. Dang it. Thought I dodged it.

Wondering if and how I am going to survive withdrawal...I know this is just my mind playing tricks on me... But I'm feeling hopeless right now.