Jim24: When will I get back to my normal self after stopping risperidone

Jim24

I was suffering from withdrawal symtoms from risperdal i took dostinex for 4 months 0.5mg my libido/emotions/pleasure returned to normal. For all who are suffering go get dostinex your brain will heal .

Edited by Altostrata
deleted identifying information
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I got my feelings back after risperidone.  It took one month for them to begin to return.  I noticed that the countryside was looking beautiful again, and things improved from there. I was on risperidone about 7 months in total.

However, I fell back into psychosis after 4 months, so on Abilify now as of one month. Noticing some flat affect creeping in now, but not as bad at all.  However, it is early days yet, and things could still get worse.   Wanted to just let people know, as I used these forums a lot in the bad times.

• 2 weeks later...

How long did it take to recover after you stopped risperdal?  

Risperdal 3 mg 2014-2015

Abilify 10 mg 2015-2017

Risperdal consta 37,5 mg 2017

Latuda 37 mg 2018

• 7 months later...

There are no more medicines for me. I have regained my human life. Back to full throttle. Now... Ladies, have we met before? 😈

Took RISPOND (RISPERIDONE) 1mg twice daily (morning and night) for 3 months along with Dayo OD 500 at night. Quit cold turkey of all meds in feb 29, 2016. Its been 4 months off the meds now!( as of 29 June, 2016)

Intense withdrawal effect. Not able to focus on something completely. Some memory problems. Passion for everything has died. Everything has to be done forcefully. No enjoyment in listening to a song or watching a movie. Everything seems pointless. Zero libido. Lost the desire and ability to fall in love. Emotions are withdrawn.

its been a while now, taking 2-3 meds in morning and evening. I'll update it tomorrow.
28/03/2017

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

@Jim24 how are you?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Where are you Jim??? I'm so worried about you... You haven't replied anymore. I was expecting a happy ending related to this stage! 😢

I started both on early October 2022:

*Risperdal 3 mg at 7 pm(Initially 2 mg then 1 mg and after quitting cold turkey on November 12th  2022 It went up to 3 mg on November 17th. I lasted only one week cold turkey)

*Carbamazepine 400 mg - 200 mg at 8 am / 200 mg at 8 pm ( initially 200 mg in the morning then I quit cold turkey on November 12th 2022 and was put under 400 mg on November 17th 2022)