Canadiangirl: 9 months off and dont know whats wrong

Canadiangirl

Dont despair CG, I agree with Amyk  its not you its the wdl.

It will get better in time its a long journey but you will do it , you have already done 10 months drug free ...thats an awesome accomplish considering the crap this wdl throws at people....i have seen people on this site ri after only 2 months off so you are doing very very well.

This is wdl and it will go on for many months i cant offer you a magic bullet and neither can the doctor but if you keep on doing what you are doing you will be rewarded...you have done 10 months the next 10 will be better for sure.

Hang in there wishing you divine strength.

Many talk of improvements in yr 2, more so in yr 3.

Have you written a complaint to you local member of parliament and medical professional bodies, centres for adverse reactions  these activities can be a good distraction.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Triple dose of birth control pills? Who prescribed that?

Many of us here have felt like giving up, day in and day out. SOMEHOW we make it through each day. I hope you can, too.

I also had brain whooshes, by the way. I read a lot about brain zaps, but mine were definitely whooshes, and not really unpleasant. (That's not to say withdrawal is good, just that my whooshes weren't aversive.)

I hope your results show a brain that has the capacity to heal. Why it takes so long, no one can say. Why we go it alone? Because science is only smart enough to create brain-disabling drugs, but not to fix what happens after they are taken. And money/drug people prefer not to acknowledge that their products are dangerous and disabling. They can always blame our moods on underlying disorders...ha ha ha ha ha. If I had ever felt like this before w/d I'd know it.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

I have to tell all of you I love my Doctor. I have been having weird symptoms for the last month. I had numbness come and go everyday on my left side even my face. I got my results today from an mri and it came back good. I did have 2 strokes ( r damage from a virus they aren't sure which )about 5 yrs ago so they were worried I might have had another. Now with the results being fine I talked to my family dr today about do u think this could be my brain recouping still from ssris because I have been off since April 2014.( after 14 yrs of meds and probably 7 different ones and doses over the yrs). He said it could very well be. Those meds are horrible and they cause a lot of problems. I told him my anxiety is through the roof again for the last month and he said we need to stay away from the meds.( not that I said I wanted meds because I don't ) He gave me the name of a book that he said is really good. Also when I tapered down even though I went a little faster then normal I did 1 mg a month for 10 months. He gave me whatever prescription I needed to taper. He said go as slow as you want. There are good doctors still out there and it helps so much when he is in my corner.

I started ssris around 2000 sorry I cant remember exactly everything and when but i will try

Paxil from about 2000-2004 from 10 mg right up to 40 mg felt like it wasnt working

THen I have been on Celexa from 2004-2007, then well butrin and abilify was thrown in somewhere up until 2010

tried to c/t off celexa a few times could do it..

went on Cymbalta from about 2010-2012 then had gastric bypass surgery so i wasnt absorbing it very well

2012-2014 went back to celexa then slowing between july 2013 and april 2014 weaned about 1 mg a month

last dose taken was April 2014 And havent really felt that bad at all.. until recently 9 months out and wanted to start college i think this sent me into a wave...i suffered 2 strokes in the small part of my brain in around 2010 but they arent exactly sure when by the time we found them. I had c/t off my meds at that time and was given a triple dose of birth control pill to take for a few months ( so we think that could have caused them)..

I have been having weird symptoms for the last month. I had numbness come and go everyday on my left side even my face. 

I've been off Lexapro for one year now. Only recently, I began to have numbness on my left side when I lay down for bed at night and as I wake up. It is associated with a head pressure/ear ringing wave which came out of nowhere ten months after stopping. Clearly, my symptoms are Lexapro WD. 

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

This is so frustrating. You never know if it's withdrawal or other viruses that affect you. My house has had viruses for 6 weeks now passing back and forth. Between myself, husband an daughter it is horrible. I am on my second antibiotic in 3 weeks. I feel awful. I can't tell the difference anymore between withdrawal,side effects from meds or actually the viruses going around. I am so shaky on my legs since last night, dizzy, no energy and a horrible headache. I just want to wake up and feel normal even if it's for 1 day. Not sure how much more I can take of all this.

I started ssris around 2000 sorry I cant remember exactly everything and when but i will try

Paxil from about 2000-2004 from 10 mg right up to 40 mg felt like it wasnt working

THen I have been on Celexa from 2004-2007, then well butrin and abilify was thrown in somewhere up until 2010

went on Cymbalta from about 2010-2012 then had gastric bypass surgery so i wasnt absorbing it very well

2012-2014 went back to celexa then slowing between july 2013 and april 2014 weaned about 1 mg a month

last dose taken was April 2014 And havent really felt that bad at all.. until recently 9 months out and wanted to start college i think this sent me into a wave...i suffered 2 strokes in the small part of my brain in around 2010 but they arent exactly sure when by the time we found them. I had c/t off my meds at that time and was given a triple dose of birth control pill to take for a few months ( so we think that could have caused them)..

Hi CG. I understand wholeheartedly how frustrating it is trying to peel off what is WD vs. other life stuff like colds, flu, anxiety, preexisting conditions, etc. We are just trying to DO something to feel better, when all we really need to do is NOTHING. Our brain/body is healing itself. (((hugs)))

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Why would a doctor prescribe an antibiotic for a virus? They are for bacterial infections. Some of them can have psychiatric side effects as well. I hope you all get well soon, regardless.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

Thanks guys

Westcoast I think he gave me antibiotics because I have been sick fir almost 3 weeks so get figured it was nit a virus.

Actually today I woke and felt better. I did take a gravol to see f it helps with the dizziness. I don't think ur helped with that yet but it gas made me tired. But when I am tired I am less nervous. Maybe this should be my new anxiety med. lol

• Moderator Emeritus

I have to tell all of you I love my Doctor. I have been having weird symptoms for the last month. I had numbness come and go everyday on my left side even my face. I got my results today from an mri and it came back good. I did have 2 strokes ( r damage from a virus they aren't sure which )about 5 yrs ago so they were worried I might have had another. Now with the results being fine I talked to my family dr today about do u think this could be my brain recouping still from ssris because I have been off since April 2014.( after 14 yrs of meds and probably 7 different ones and doses over the yrs). He said it could very well be. Those meds are horrible and they cause a lot of problems. I told him my anxiety is through the roof again for the last month and he said we need to stay away from the meds.( not that I said I wanted meds because I don't ) He gave me the name of a book that he said is really good. Also when I tapered down even though I went a little faster then normal I did 1 mg a month for 10 months. He gave me whatever prescription I needed to taper. He said go as slow as you want. There are good doctors still out there and it helps so much when he is in my corner.

It's always so nice to hear about good docs! Gives me a little more hope.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I actually think I am coming out of a horrible wave. Yesterday even though I still feel off balance was able to sleep 7 hrs, meet a friend for coffee at a coffee shop for a half hr, return items at a store, shovel the snow fir an hour on my driveway and go for dinner with my husband at a restaurant. Was hardly in bed and if u read my post I have been in bed mostly all day for the last month. Not getting to excited but I did wake up with hope this morning after sleeping another 7 hrs.

That's great news. I can totally relate to having similar delayed-onset crashes after going off these meds. And then a month or more of debiitating symptoms, punctuated by windows of feeling normal again. That means that your body can function like it used to. Remember days like these to get you through the tough times as you recover. There will be many good days ahead - 

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Glad to hear you had a productive day. More to come!

Hang on friends. I think it will be worth it. I might be on the tail end of a wave. I have been sleeping better (almost 8 hrs last night). Haven't done that in 2 months. I also think some of my symptoms might be related to anemia. Back in October the dr said my iron was alittle low and told me to start taking iron supplements. In 4 months I only took about 50 days worth and wasn't very regular at it. But now I have a lot of signs of it so that's something I need to focus on. Even when I look in my bottom eyelids there are no red veins at all which is not a good sign. Hopefully focussing on the iron issue will help with why I feel so crappy.

Hang on friends. I think it will be worth it. I might be on the tail end of a wave. I have been sleeping better (almost 8 hrs last night). Haven't done that in 2 months. I also think some of my symptoms might be related to anemia. Back in October the dr said my iron was alittle low and told me to start taking iron supplements. In 4 months I only took about 50 days worth and wasn't very regular at it. But now I have a lot of signs of it so that's something I need to focus on. Even when I look in my bottom eyelids there are no red veins at all which is not a good sign. Hopefully focussing on the iron issue will help with why I feel so crappy.

I think that is very smart of you.  I was diagnosed vit D deficient years ago and really only took a low dose of the viatmin all these years and never spend any time outdoors.  Plus it is freezing outside right now lol.  I have serious pain and cramping in my muscles( legs are the worst).  And my bones crack when I move.  I am now taking 4500 iu of vit D as well as magnesium and b12.  I am hoping that this helps ease some of my issues as well..  I hope you are correct and some of your issues disappear for you.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• 2 months later...

I took my last ssri April 2014. I have been very proud of myself for getting this far but frustrated also at the same time. I feel like I can't be normal ever again. I am constantly jittery in public where I can't stand or sit still. My anxiety is getting worse where I am getting that scared feeling a lot. My health anxiety is raising it's ugly head. I have been very down on myself. Like tonight for example my son was having a BBQ and bonfire at his house and I didn't go. I sent the rest if the family but they feel bad about leaving me at home.I don't feel well, tired, off balance anxious but it makes me feel even worse that I can't attend something simple like a BBQ at his house. I feel deep down that my family doesn't deserve someone who is like me and they need someone better. This week was so hard because I thought maybe I would turn a huge corner at my 1 yr mark. I have seriously been thinking about going back on meds but deep down I know I can't. Ever since I had gastric bypass surgery in 2012 the meds weren't helping. I guess I am just having a really rough go right now. Feeling very useless at the moment.

I also pray that I will turn this huge corner in June at my one year mark. But realistically I know that I will likely still have issues. It is very depressing not knowing when the torture will end and not feeling like a whole person. I am sorry you are still feeling so poorly. I wish you healing and peace.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are still not feeling well Canadiangirl, reading back through your thread, it looks like you are recovering in a windows and waves kind of pattern, perhaps this is a wave. Most people who have withdrawn after long term use find improvements are still happening in  year 2, 3 and so on.

I merged the new topic you started in with your original thread here, its one introduction/update topic per member.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hi,CG-boy, I feel I could have written a lot of that-feeling like I can't do a lot of things with family,etc.-so drained,anxious,off balance.

I'm alsohitting the one year mark off paxil& had hoped to be in a better place than this;very disheartening :(

also thought of going back on meds but really don't want to.

guess we just need to hang tough for while-hope you feel better soon xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• 8 months later...

CG

How are you doing these days?

Did you eventually enrol in study?

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Doing better that's for sure. I did enroll in school back in May 2015. Just finished my 2nd semester and receiving all As in my courses. I am still off meds since April 2014 so I am almost at the 2 yr mark. Some days are extremely hard with anxiety but I battle through. Still have where I get really fidgety and can't sit still. But that comes and goes. I will say I am not having any major panic attAcks. I am able to talk them down before they get out of control. I also started walking on my treadmill a few times a week and Can tolerate it.

His have you been NZ11?

CG Thanks for taking the time to post an update.

Very proud of you ...i know, that you know,  that we both know,  i knew you could do it.

((((((hugs))))))))

nz11

Im doing ok ....not as bright as you though !

Hey i always thought anything above a 'c' was wasted effort!.

You really are 'A' mazing. You've given the term 'staying the course' a whole new meaning.

Recovering paxil addict