pax80a

pax80a: paroxetine and diazepam survivor

pax80a

Hi! :)

Some might know me from PP, back there I was Pax80, from Portugal.

My story is quite long so i'm not going into detail. The withdrawal was hellish and lasted so long. I was bedridden for some years and was in panic mode all the time. I had to learn walking, eating, driving again. Time and patience was key. Tried every supplement and treatment in the world and nothing worked, despite thinking it could be doing something. Only 6years after the last dose of paroxetine /seroxat) I felt 100% better. Ok there are some issues with muscle tension, but I can deal with that.

Hang in there, it does go away.

Brandy

Hi!!!!

I remember you so well, and you certainly went through a VERY hard time.

It makes me so happy to hear how you've recovered!

coldturkmama

Wow you had it bad...were you a cold turkey-er? I am so glad you've recovered! :) 

pax80a

I didn't cold turkey and it wasnt a fast taper, anyway, it was well worth it!

pax80a

Hello TRyingtogetwell !!!! I remember you too :) Still around?

How are you doing?

WiggleIt

Wow, you mean you had a slow taper and you had it that bad? I can't eat or walk, either, but I did rapid tapers, and that's why I thought I was so bad.

pax80a

I did a one year taper...

WiggleIt

Holy moley. Looks like there is no rhyme or reason for why withdrawal is harder for some than others.

I thank you so much for coming back here to tell of your recovery.

lionofJuda

I am happy for you

pax80a

It does get better. I can also say that the horror ends.

Brandy

... Looks like there is no rhyme or reason for why withdrawal is harder for some than others.

That is so true! Too many people torture themselves needlessly by measuring themselves too much against others and then think they won't recover. (Or think it will take forever and then recover sooner than expected!) Yet another reason to try not to get discouraged or give up. (Like that marvelous cartoon picture of the guys tunneling with pick axes that was in someone's thread recently. Wish I could remember which one but I could look.)

It does get better. I can also say that the horror ends.

And that's what matters!

Altostrata

Very good to hear, pax80.

Are you dealing with any symptoms now?

Narcissus

Thank you, pax. These stories are precious.

pax80a

Very good to hear, pax80.

Are you dealing with any symptoms now?

hi alto,

some muscle stiffness, which got me into meds actually.

WiggleIt

Pax,

Your recovery story is the most hopeful one that I have read, because I also cannot walk or swallow. Hearing what happened to you helps me have hope. Tenuous hope, but at least it's something.

pax80a

Sorry you're going through this, it's just insane and totally unfair.

It's sad all of my posts on pp are gone so I could comfort you even more. It was a nightmare. Thanks to forums like this I'm still here to share my story.

Hang in there. IT does end.

fj929

My story is quite long so i'm not going into detail. The withdrawal was hellish and lasted so long. I was bedridden for some years and was in panic mode all the time. I had to learn walking, eating, driving again. Time and patience was key. Tried every supplement and treatment in the world and nothing worked, despite thinking it could be doing something. Only 6years after the last dose of paroxetine /seroxat) I felt 100% better. Ok there are some issues with muscle tension, but I can deal with that.

Pax last we spoke you said you were ok but still had very bad dizziness that prevented you from driving a car. Did this pass?

pax80a

I can say for sure it's all over. :)

WiggleIt

I can say for sure it's all over. :)

Eee!!! Hooray!!! Even though your PP posts are gone, it's awesome of you to come back here and give people hope. I really hope I can do the same for others someday.

WiggleIt

Pax, I saw on your profile that you are 34 now, which means you started withdrawal in your late 20s, which is young and probably have you a good chance to heal.

I'm about to turn 36 and only starting my withdrawal now. But I was such a healthy person before meds that I hope my body remembers its own natural baseline level of good health and returns to it.

pax80a

good luck!!!! It will heal absolutely!It just takes some time!

Moonlitelotus

How long were you on it and at what dose did you taper from? I don't see a signature si that's why I ask. :)

pax80a

I was on 20mg of seroxat for 3 years to help on the taper of 10mg of Diazepam which was taken for muscle issues for 3 years also.

WiggleIt

Interesting. You were on pretty low doses and it still messed you up, and you were also not on meds for as long as others are in total. That's similar to my situation.

I have printed out your recovery story and am looking to it as one of my main sources of inspiration.

pax80a

I was in my 20's and that why I was messed up... I guess :)

WiggleIt

Oh no, I didn't mean that you were a messed up person; I meant that the meds messed up your body!

Now that you don't take meds, are you able to help take care of your muscle problems naturally, like through exercise or stretching or yoga?

pax80a

I understood. I was in my 20's, I was young, my brain was still forming itself.

Yes, reiki, stretching and hot water have helped a lotttttt

WiggleIt

That's great to hear!  Makes me hopeful that I can take care of my original issues with physical therapy, if only I can get through this f****** withdrawal!!!

WiggleIt

Hi pax,

Are you still doing well?  Your recovery story is my favorite and I keep coming back to it, over and over.  Eeeee!!!  I really hope I can recover as successfully as you and not have ANY recurrences of problems or lingering negative effects.

WiggleIt

I just hopped back here to take another peek at my favorite recovery story  :P  :D  :lol:.  I really need it today. 

akakoom

gives me hope... how old were you when you tapered, and finally recovered?  I'm 47 years old... maybe my old brain isn't strong enough to heal anymore

Nomoreheadmeds

Nice to hear Pax

Cressida

Cressida

Hi am so pleased for you ! Nice to see good news.

Am ex pp as well. I know it can be difficult to remember but can you recall roughly where you were up to at your 3 rd anniversary off, 4,5 & 6.

I know everyone's different but one of the hardest things for me is no structure no milestones. You know like in chicken pox you ll stop itching when the spots crust over etc. am 38 months clean but had a bad setback at two years when I foolishly thought a couple of glasses of red wine a night might help, and a similar problem 8 months later when I thought fruit smoothies might help. They were equally disastrous I think sugar was the common enemy