Freedom15

Freedom15: reinstated amitriptyline after CT by doctor

Freedom15

The reduction is getting alot easier now.

Symptoms have subsided and its mostly physical issues now.

Alot more managable doing 12.5% reduction.

With all the stuff going on in world i will stick at this rate for while.

Freedom15

Seem to be getting into a pattern of every other day of cycling symptoms.

1 Day of stability and one of being in wave.

Friday big wave

Sat stable

Sunday wave again.

Altostrata

Interesting. What is your current daily drug schedule and dosage?

Freedom15

Hi Alto

I am taking the dose at 7pm every night

The last reduction was below..

10mg in 800ml water

with 0.02ml taken out

0.02ml added to 2000ml water

Final dose take from last solution is 0.08ml

I think its something like 0.00000000and then some figures.

I am starting to feel like the waves are starting to carm down after 16 days of reduction.

Last reduction was 12.5% ver the 3 previous 50% reductions that knocked me for 6.

Freedom15

Been up and down with the stress of lockdown, self isolation for nearly 8 weeks..

Having the kids here and 5 people in house has caused me to get to points where my mental health

has been bad. Almost like puting me into a wave from it.

4 more days and i will reduce by 12.5% again.

Always going down..

Freedom15

Having a real hard tine at the moment.

switching between stable and unstable daily a lot of the  time. Stress is overloading me. 

2 weeks left to next planned withdral.

feels never ending. Having the kids week on week off has brought a lot of stress that is causing me yo be overloaded then bring on withdarwl effects. 

Have been vary negative and upsetting my wife and kids. Really hard at moment. Vary tired as its been so tuff with living in sideeffects withdrawl for 6 years now. Pray it will end soon

Freedom15

At what point do you say you have reduced enough to be able ot come off the medication.

If you are on such a mega small amount and you are still ill with side effects or with withdrawl of coming off the medication what do you do ??

I am just so tired of the daily ground hog life of it all thats been happening for 6 years now.

Freedom15

Next reduction on 12.june.2020

10mg in 1250ml water

with 0.02ml taken out

0.02ml added to 2000ml water

Final dose take from last solution is 0.08ml

ChessieCat

What mg dose is 0.08ml equal to?  Because that is the measurement that is consistently used on SA, it would be helpful if you included that information when posting your dose.  Thank you.

Freedom15

So hopefully if i worked out the maths right the  dose is

0.0000000064mg

I am currently using the same 0.08ml end dose but the water dilution with the 10mg tablet is being changed everytime.

Once i can no longer add further water to the first dilution i will then reduce the 10mg tablet by 10-25% each time

Then finally i will reduce the end dose of the 0.08ml by 10-25% and hopefully that will be me at point to

finally come off the meds.

Quite few months left doing this tho.

Reductions are still hard with symptoms on and coming off the medication.

bmi197143
On 6/11/2020 at 1:08 AM, Freedom15 said:

So hopefully if i worked out the maths right the  dose is

0.0000000064mg

I am currently using the same 0.08ml end dose but the water dilution with the 10mg tablet is being changed everytime.

Once i can no longer add further water to the first dilution i will then reduce the 10mg tablet by 10-25% each time

Then finally i will reduce the end dose of the 0.08ml by 10-25% and hopefully that will be me at point to

finally come off the meds.

Quite few months left doing this tho.

Reductions are still hard with symptoms on and coming off the medication.

Freedom I am currently trying to taper Amitriptyline also am at .017 mg how long to hold and how much at a time.

Freedom15

Hi bmi197143

I have read your thread about reducing amitriptyline.

The lower i got i changed from weighting the pills on the scale into tapering by water this really helped at the lower doses.

The question about how much to reduce at a time and how long to hold is vary personal to each one.

The suggested reductions is always 10% of the previous dose as stated here.

I have tried up to 50% reductions at this vary low dose which was horrific and i am able to mange between 10-25% max.

The higher the reduction percentge the harder the withdrawl is and the less i can be part of life.

Holding for a min of 4 weeks really. I am now holding for 6-8 weeks because this gives me time to recover between reductions and

have some stability with my family before going through reducitons again.

Happy to offer any experiance i have had.

Freedom15

Today i am starting to feel heavy withdrawl symptoms from this reduction.

This is inline with the normal time line of around 5-6 days after reducing.

I planned the reduction to start the week the kids are not here so

it was not so stessful.

As i have been through this many times i know its temporary and its a matter of just taking this slow

and not getting stressed. That is a key thing when i am unstable to stay carm.

Puglet

Freedom 15

how are you getting on

Freedom15
2 hours ago, Puglet said:

Freedom 15

how are you getting on

Hi Puglet..

I read you post sorry to see you are here for the same reasons as me.

At least you made it here.

There is information and support so at least you know you are not alone in this.

I am still tapering off the meds nearly 6.5years.

I am happy to offer any support i can around the symptoms and getting through a day at a time.

Puglet

I’m really struggling still with severe dizziness / tinnitus / fatigue 12 months off now I had 8 weeks of feeling so good but then 7 weeks ago I hit a wave & it’s just not going I feel so awful & sad I just crave my life before discontinuing amitriptyline 

Freedom15

Hi Puglet,

Sorry to hear you are not doing so well. Do you know what triggered the situation 8 weeks ago ?

Was there some stess or direct situation that may have caused you to go into a wave ?

I think the first thing that may help you is that you need to except where you are today.

I know that may sound strange to say except being ill but this will help you i think.

When i dont except my illness and symptoms i have then i become ill more.

Maybe if you can take it a day at time and focus on getting up and trying to do the best you can within the symptoms you have and then

at end of the day before you go to bed writing 10 positive things about the day you have had in diary. See if over period of week your overall mood

changes by doing this.

If this is as good as you have right now then the option is to either battle against or except.

I am yet to get off the tablets i have been reducing for over 6.5 years now and still have terrible effects on or off this drug so i know how hard it can be.

There are days when i cry because i feel so lost and like i am never going to be well and then there are odd moments where i feel like i should do.

Always here to talk if need

Puglet

Hi freedom 

nothing to trigger this current wave it was literally overnight .

7 weeks on & still in this awful wave that doesn’t want to go .... it’s hit me so hard after having the 8 weeks of feeling so much better , I really did think I’d turned the corner & was healed but this as proved me so wrong .

how are you doing ?

bmi197143

Freedom I applaud you for taking this so far down and not jumping wow. This is the fight of our life. I hope we come through this.

Freedom15
59 minutes ago, Puglet said:

Hi freedom 

nothing to trigger this current wave it was literally overnight .

7 weeks on & still in this awful wave that doesn’t want to go .... it’s hit me so hard after having the 8 weeks of feeling so much better , I really did think I’d turned the corner & was healed but this as proved me so wrong .

how are you doing ?

Hi Puglet

Thanks for asking.

Up and down.. Holding for another month before my next reduction. Still have physical and emotional issues most days.

Nothing else to do than ride the waves.

If this is the best we got right now just got to find something within this mess to hold onto to..

What do you do on daily basis if dont mind me asking ??

Freedom15
1 hour ago, bmi197143 said:

Freedom I applaud you for taking this so far down and not jumping wow. This is the fight of our life. I hope we come through this.

Hi thanks for the kind words.

Nothing more than to come through this..

Have faith and believe we are not ment ot be this way forever.

Puglet
On 7/6/2020 at 4:48 PM, Freedom15 said:

Hi Puglet

Thanks for asking.

Up and down.. Holding for another month before my next reduction. Still have physical and emotional issues most days.

Nothing else to do than ride the waves.

If this is the best we got right now just got to find something within this mess to hold onto to..

What do you do on daily basis if dont mind me asking ??

Yes unfortunately we have to ride the waves horrendous experience &

one I never I’d be doing .

i currently am unable to work due to how severe & debilitating the protracted withdrawals are 12 months I’ve been going through this .

i work for my husbands consultancy business when I’m fit & well .