tanit

don`t you feel big pharma has become a danger to public health and to genuine science

tanit

I am worried about the future.Where are we going?

stan
my opinion is that big pharma is a company that produces chemicals, it sells because there exist a big demand...

Who?

doctors, psychiatrists from hospitals;

if doctors no more prescribe psychotropics, big pharma will make other products to other markets

jthebrave

Absolutely! An example: the only drugs that have ever come close to working for me have been brand name antidepressants which cost a lot of $$. Big pharma is so greedy they won't cut the cost on their brand drugs until the patent expires. Instead, patients are forced to take generic third world AD's that rarely work or might be a different drug altogether and cause much more harm than any good. All thanks to the greedy drug companies.

btdt

my opinion is that big pharma is a company that produces chemicals, it sells because there exist a big demand...
Who?
doctors, psychiatrists from hospitals;
if doctors no more prescribe psychotropics, big pharma will make other products to other markets

I have to disagree Stan they don't just own pharma... it is the marketing machine behind pharma... that is where the frosting gets put on to sell the sweets to doctors they ghost write the journal articles for pharma paid doctors to sign off on... sometime the doctor never reads it ... he is well paid for signing his name to what marekters have written... is it the marketing companies that set up what will be said to the doctors by the drug reps... 

I guess you could say it is marketing companies pharma pays well but I am not sure pharma does not actually own those marketing companies. Why not the own everything else. 

It is the marketing companies that make up and sell the lies... so maybe pharma is protected legally by having all the dirty work done at arms length but I don't see it that way... not even close this is just one bit in pharma well orchestrated melody. 

I leaned all this from reading books on the pharmaceutical industry they are out there for anyone to read. 

Yes I do feel they have become a danger... a very big and real danger. 

btdt

Absolutely! An example: the only drugs that have ever come close to working for me have been brand name antidepressants which cost a lot of $$. Big pharma is so greedy they won't cut the cost on their brand drugs until the patent expires. Instead, patients are forced to take generic third world AD's that rarely work or might be a different drug altogether and cause much more harm than any good. All thanks to the greedy drug companies.

oh my the 

serotonin imbalance theory was made up by a marketing firm too.. just another joke on us....