☼ Nathalou

Nathalou

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time.  I don't think a glass of wine is a good idea in withdrawal, as tempting as it is.   Yeah a lot of the things you can do to reduce anxiety only help a little bit, if at all, when you are in the throes of withdrawal anxiety. You just kinda have to keep pushing through it and refocus your mind on other things, as much as you can.  My biggest problem in withdrawal was depression and I used to watch a LOT of movies to help me cope.  If I could get really involved in the story then for at least a couple of hours I was focusing on something other than my misery.

Paxil 20mg 1994-2005
Tried to quit twice, finally did it on my 3rd attempt in 2005.

I went from 20mg to zero in about four months, believing at the time that it was a reasonable taper.  It wasn't.  I suffered mostly emotional symptoms: frequent episodes of "anxious depression" lasting for about 17 months before it got noticeably better.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nathalou

• Fresh

• mammaP

• JanCarol

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathalou -

I just read through your posts.  I, too, experienced the same desperation as you about a year ago.   I had tapered off a different drug - Pristiq much too quickly.  About three months later, I crashed.  My nights were much like yours, anxiety/fear of a poor nights sleep which lead me to the doctor.  I was prescribed four more drugs for the anxiety, but they only made me more anxious and/or depressed.  But, I did reinstate the Pristiq.  And my symptoms slowly stopped.  I did have to retrain my brain to sleep and to relax. I've slowly tapered down. I'm currently taking less than 1/4 of the dose I was taking before.  I've hit some bumps, but NOTHING like last year.  I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that it is possible to heal.  I know it doesn't feel like it.  I know that it feels like you will be that way for ever.  I was there too.  And it wasn't until I found this site that I knew I wasn't crazy.  That I knew it wasn't me.  And that I knew, once and for all, I wanted to be rid of these drugs.  

With all that said, only you can do what's right for you.  I hope you continue to believe that you will heal.  Our brains are amazing!

pdg

Started Pristiq in 2009

Weaned off in Fall of 2013 using skipping dose method advised by doctor

Intense anxiety, insomnia, weightloss in early 2014

Prescribed multiple meds including klonopin, trazodone and 50 mg Pristiq

Finally found a psychiatrist to help me withdraw

Reduced to larger half of 50mg on July 19

Reinstated to larger half and large 1/4 of 50mg on Aug 6

Reduced to larger half of 50 mg around Aug 30

Reduced to large quarter end of November

Slowly reducing with help of a scale

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope you are finding some places to rest, Nathalou.  I've been having a hard go of it myself - not emotion, but physical discomfort keeps me from sleeping.

While antihistamines and benzos can ensure sleep, there is a long term price for them - it is possible that antihistamines "kindled" my depressive episodes to begin with, since I've been on them since I was 7 years old!

Like Dalsaan, I put meditation mp3's on my MP3 player, plug in and just listen.  Maybe I fall asleep, maybe I don't, but at least I'm resting.  If it gets too bad, I will get up, take a drink and read a bit until I get drowsy again.  That helps, too.

I do use antihistamines, but sparingly.  Lately it's been so challenging that I've been tempted to go back to low doses of the old neuroleptic (seroquel).  But have resisted so far.  Medical tests - sometimes - even when it's just withdrawal symptoms - can be reassuring.  I look forward to finding out that there's nothing wrong with my heart, and maybe I can manage this problem emotionally instead of with bypass surgery!

Take care,

JC

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Natalia welcome to this site you will find it to be your salvation I would advise against using alcohol to sleep as it will only add to your protracted withdrawel as for other drugs I don't know i only know that when Jonah got out of the whale he never went back for his hhat.your with drawel will probably get worse but like the lady said this to shall pass it will try to break your resolve so make your mind up that you are in this for the long haul this is going to be one of the strongest trials of your life and when you come out the other side of this you will probably be a better and stronger person. Always

Look for a positive to Hold onto I am a total abstinence man come what may I won't be going back on these drugs but I have learned from this site that there are other ways.bways.but whatever your going to do don't dither indisition is painful set your course and sail it. I wish you well Lou stick with this site

I was originally on 350 mils doxepin started in1975 through the years I tapered down to 100 mils

I stayed on this dose for many years

I have now been off for 7 months ago

This truly is yhe hardest battle of my lufe. So for the past two nughts i slept pretty well and thus could see a light at the end of the tunnel. I got a lit of mussed work done at work and i felt okay. Yesterday, going to bed, it all started again. I slept for three hours and woke up at 04am, heart racing, horrible knot in chest and stomach. I lay in bed until 08am but did not sleep one minute. I feel on edgde. This anxiety is getting severly debilitating and I just cannot stop the cycle... My parents don't know how to help me, and i just want to isolate myself until i wake up from this nightmare. I might consider seeing a CBT counselor to help deal with this.. What if i am one if those people who need to be on AD all life? I crave reassurance, I crave for someone to stroke my hair and tell me this will all go away. I think of death but I love life too much.

2008-2014: various doses of Sertraline between 25-150mg. Put on it initially for very mild anxiety.

Occasionnally Xanax 0.25mg, maybe twice a month.

Summer 2014: much too rapid taper off Sertraline (had no clue about withdrawal) from 25mg to nothing in about two months.

September 2014: last Sertraline pill.
End november 2014: begin WD symptoms (severe headaches, nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, zaps, head/face/ear pressure, severe debilitating anxiety and insomnia, muscle pains and spasm,..) 

Begin february 2015: had developed what I now know is akathisia, arrived at the psych ER severly sleep deprived. Put on a drug regimen consisting of: Sertraline 25mg, Trazolan 100 mg for sleep and Temesta 2,5 when needed.

Had a severe adverse reaction to the Sertraline reinstatement and became acutely suicidal within days. Akathisia and all physical symptoms became worse. Doctor pushed the doses further up until I, in a moment of lucidity, found a psychiatrist who believed me when I said I was in WD.

Mid march 2015: off all psych meds. Suicidal thoughts diminshed greatly, insomnia got somewhat better but akathisia is still relentless and physical symptoms quite debilitating. At least drugs are out of my system and healing can finally commence.

I avoid coffee, alcohol and exercise and am not taking any supplements whatsoever. I am just leaving my body and brain to be.

Thank you all for your comments...☀️

2008-2014: various doses of Sertraline between 25-150mg. Put on it initially for very mild anxiety.

Summer 2014: much too rapid taper off Sertraline (had no clue about withdrawal) from 25mg to nothing in about two months.

End november 2014: begin WD symptoms (severe headaches, nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, zaps, head/face/ear pressure, severe debilitating anxiety and insomnia, muscle pains and spasm,..) 

Begin february 2015: had developed what I now know is akathisia, arrived at the psych ER severly sleep deprived. Put on a drug regimen consisting of: Sertraline 25mg, Trazolan 100 mg for sleep and Temesta 2,5 when needed.

Had a severe adverse reaction to the Sertraline reinstatement and became acutely suicidal within days. Akathisia and all physical symptoms became worse. Doctor pushed the doses further up until I, in a moment of lucidity, found a psychiatrist who believed me when I said I was in WD.

Mid march 2015: off all psych meds. Suicidal thoughts diminshed greatly, insomnia got somewhat better but akathisia is still relentless and physical symptoms quite debilitating. At least drugs are out of my system and healing can finally commence.

I avoid coffee, alcohol and exercise and am not taking any supplements whatsoever. I am just leaving my body and brain to be.

But I am NOT depressed, I feel joy, love, happiness. I enjoy the warmth of the sun on my face on this cold winters morning. But there is an edge to ut, if you know what I mean? It sometimes becomes too much because of the headaches and anxiety and heart racing constantly I cannot fully surrender to the moment and just, be. I have always been mildly anxious so I suppose that is sonething that I will have to live with and it's okay because it's just me. However I have never in my life had this severe anxiety and whole nights of nit ibe minute if sleep. It's ridicoulous. I don't care to take care of myself, don't care about what I wear...i used to live makeup and dressing nicely, but i just couldn't bother. I will recover my previous self right? It's not permanent state? This is what makes me mist afraid.

• Moderator Emeritus

You're in withdrawal Nathalou , this isn't your natural self.    This is NOT a permanent state , just a phase you have to go through as you withdraw.

Best wishes ,

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

How can a heart beat so HARD in the ribcage?

Thanks fresh, I needed that reassurance today..

I've hit rock bottom after another sleepless night. Is there a moderator that does skype calls? I need to talk to someone badly, I feel like this anxiety is going to kill me, like I'm going crazy. Good Lord I don't know what to do..

• Moderator Emeritus

I've sent you a private message Nathalou , please read.     It's going to be okay.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

So I got atmitted at the ER today and am spending the night. The Temesta is already in my system but they want mecto take trazolan for sleep.... Except it's a AD! So i freaked out and ehanted to know if it would to more harm than good?

Nathalou, few days ago I was also in the hospital. Nobody believed me that I am in withdrawal, everybody said I have a postpartum depression. They gave me also Temesta, Seroquell and some AD. First few days I took them, but actually I was not persuaded that it is good solution so later I stopped taking them. I could not sleap so polydrugged.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry that you felt you had to go to the hospital Nathalou. When did you take the Temesta? Doctors do not always believe that withdrawal exists and give lots of drugs to treat what they think is depression, which is why they have prescribed another anti depressant for you! 

I hope that you can get some help and feel stronger soon. All this will get better, your body and brain are healing and that takes time but you will get there, we all will. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Yes it was hospital or going completely insane. The gave me 2x temesta mwhen i arrive and the trazolan for sleep (i did not take it) i DiD sleep very well but awoke now in panic again. Want to leave but at the same time want to staty, atkeast until my anxiety has calmed

If the propose to reinstate Sertraline what dosage should I accept? Am finally reconsidering ny stubbornness to reinstate, then to taper reasonably. Feeling very lost and frightened.

• Moderator Emeritus

Maybe don't look at it in medical terms.  Is it really "anxiety?"  or is it restlessness, heart pounding, jumpy, sensitive body?  Or maybe your emotions are afraid, lonely, abandoned.

We've come to associate anything "uncomfortable" as "anxious."  Surely that's just not true, not everything is "anxiety."

When I have a friend tell me she is "anxious" I always ask for descriptive words, instead of that catch-all  phrase.  Use feeling words (angry, sad, afraid) or physical words (shaky, restless, skin crawling) instead of that "anxious" word.  You will learn about yourself in the process.

I will chime in - I discourage alcohol, the safest thing to take is antihistamines, probably - but you will see I have reservations about them, too.  It seems stuffy to say "no drinking," but it really will speed your healing to abstain.  If you must take a benzo, klonapin and valium have the least "break through" anxiety (see?  even I can't get away from the word!) because of their longer half-life.  With a slight nudge of favor to valium (diazepam) for being older and better tolerated in us sensitive folk.

The thing about all of them is:  if you take a benzo of any kind - including sleep aids - as SOON as they wear off you are exposed, sensitive, and stricken by the very "anxiety" (emotions or side effects) that you were trying to quell - and it's usually amplified.  That's a dear price to pay.

There are lots of people in here with insomnia, it's the most common side effect.  Look here for ideas about different ways of coping with this debilitating symptom:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/604-important-topics-about-symptoms-including-sleep-problems/

Are you working?  What are your duties and responsibilities that may put pressure on your system?

Enjoy your window!  Spring will come, I promise!

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

"If the proposal is to reinstate sertraline, what dose should I accept"

I'd be inclined to start with as little as 5mg for a couple of days , and go from there.    Taking a small dose means if you get a bad reaction , it's only a small dose.

You can increase it slowly , settling with the lowest dose possible.   No need to start at 25mg.

It's no quick fix , but can stop the withdrawal developing further.

I totally agree with  JanCarol  saying that as soon as a benzo wears off , you have the same intensity of symptoms as you had before taking it.   So it's only a temporary solution.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Is it bettee to reinstate sertraline or another ssri, like prozac? I have ever only taken sertraline. Dr wants to start at 25mg but i may just cut the tablets in quarters.

• Moderator Emeritus

Take a look at "Symptoms and self-care" ,    "About Reinstating and stabilizing  to stop Withdrawal Symptoms".    The first post by Altostrata sums it up.

I'd stick with Sertraline , it's what your body is craving.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Since you are considering reinstating please read below very carefully. 

Welcome, Nathalou.

As little as 5mg might help the withdrawal symptoms. We often see reinstating a very small amount helps people. This is explained fully in About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms

While not guaranteed to help, taking a very small amount lessens the severity of an adverse reaction, if your system should reject the drug.

This is your choice, please consider it. Otherwise, please look in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum for topics about how to deal with symptoms.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Nathalou, is it already better with you? How do you feel?

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh Nathalou!

I'm sorry if I seemed out of touch (I am) and insensitive (I can do that too)

Sorry you had to go to ER, are you feeling better now?

What have you decided about the drugs they gave you - and about what you choose to do?

Will you updose a little sertraline as the wise ones here suggest?  I will chime in that I think it's a good idea, reinstate that, don't complicate things with more chemicals.  

Thinking of you.

The hospital was a life saver, I would have killed myself if it weren't for the marvellous ER psychiatry staff who so graciously picked up the mess I was in when I came in. I stayed a night and they gave me temesta for sleep. Today the doctor decided reinstating sertraline was the only option and I fully agree, I cannot go on like this! He suggested half of a 25mg pill but I might even cut that half in half. Eill see, i must start tomorrow. Am on medical absence from work cocooning in the warmth of my parents home.

I just read through your posts. I, too, experienced the same desperation as you about a year ago. I had tapered off a different drug - Pristiq much too quickly. About three months later, I crashed. My nights were much like yours, anxiety/fear of a poor nights sleep which lead me to the doctor. I was prescribed four more drugs for the anxiety, but they only made me more anxious and/or depressed. But, I did reinstate the Pristiq. And my symptoms slowly stopped.

What dosage did you reinstate with?

Nathalou -

I just read through your posts. I, too, experienced the same desperation as you about a year ago. I had tapered off a different drug - Pristiq much too quickly. About three months later, I crashed. My nights were much like yours, anxiety/fear of a poor nights sleep which lead me to the doctor. I was prescribed four more drugs for the anxiety, but they only made me more anxious and/or depressed. But, I did reinstate the Pristiq.

pdg

What dosage did you reinstate with?

Nathalou -

I'm sorry you are going through all of this.  It is very scary, especially when feeling so tired and desperate for sleep.  I reinstated at the full dosage I had been on (50mg) because my doctor convinced me that I needed the medication. She knew nothing about withdrawal. BUT I had not found this website.  I would listen to the moderators on here.  They really do know what they are talking about. 

Altostrata, on 31 Jan 2015 - 8:15 PM, said:snapback.png

Welcome, Nathalou.

As little as 5mg might help the withdrawal symptoms. We often see reinstating a very small amount helps people. This is explained fully in About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms

While not guaranteed to help, taking a very small amount lessens the severity of an adverse reaction, if your system should reject the drug.

This is your choice, please consider it. Otherwise, please look in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum for topics about how to deal with symptoms.

Started Pristiq in 2009

Weaned off in Fall of 2013 using skipping dose method advised by doctor

Intense anxiety, insomnia, weightloss in early 2014

Prescribed multiple meds including klonopin, trazodone and 50 mg Pristiq

Finally found a psychiatrist to help me withdraw

Reduced to larger half of 50mg on July 19

Reinstated to larger half and large 1/4 of 50mg on Aug 6

Reduced to larger half of 50 mg around Aug 30

Reduced to large quarter end of November

Slowly reducing with help of a scale

I have read a bit about reinstatement and will start by butting 25mg in quarters. Hiw ling should I stay on one dose? Doctor wants me to updise every week.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a medical expert, but it seems to me like if 5 mg helps, and you feel stable, stop there.  (or in your case 6.25 mg, because that's how the pills split)

If you are still suffering withdrawal at 6.25 mg (give it at least a week), you might go up to 12.5 mg (or half a tablet.

After emergency room, docs are going to want to escalate drugs, I'm not sure that's what you want.

If you can be stable at 6.25 or 12.5 mg, why not stop there?  Hold for awhile and get stable again.

I'm glad you are feeling better.  I hope that a tiny amount is all you need.

What of the other stressors in your life?  Depression is a way our bodies have of telling us that "I don't like what I am doing."  

In order to support yourself on your journey, it may be important to look at areas of your life that cause stress or discomfort and see how you can either change the situation, or change yourself to adapt to the situation.

{{{Hugs}}}

• Moderator Emeritus

Nathalou ,  you don't need to decide now how long you'll stay on each dose.   

You need to give it at least a week as Jan Carol suggests , and then reassess.     If you're feeling improvement ,  you may wish to hold off increasing another week , then reassess again.

F

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Well, I finally decided to take half of a 25 mg pill, please don't hudge. I just took it this morning so I have no clue what it is going to do. I feel slightly suicidal and majorly depressed since yesterday.

• Moderator Emeritus

Try and stay calm until the reinstatement starts to work. It takes up to 4 days to start having an effect but some people feel better within a day or so. If you have any new side effects cut the half tablet in half again and see if that is better.  I hope it works for you, withdrawal is the pits! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nathalou ,

No-one is judging you.    You're a very bright young woman in a real pickle , and it's a tough time to be making decisions.    I'm glad you have good people around you.

Stay brave ,       Fresh

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

For the moment I have no change a all. How many days should I stay on half a tablet of 25mg before I take a whole 25 tablet? Still have dizziness, headache and severe depressive thoughts. Anxiety has calmed a little.

• Moderator Emeritus

It needs minimum time 4 days to reach a steady-state in your blood-stream.     Take 12.5 for at least 4 days and see how you're feeling then.

JanCarol suggests waiting a week .     Read posts on your thread since 10 Feb.    Good to hear that the anxiety has calmed a little.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg